Home General Discussion

I still love you Polycount

JordanN
interpolator
Offline / Send Message
JordanN interpolator
I just want to say if anything happens at the end of day, that I still love you Polycount. 

No matter the serious disagreements I have had with you guys, whether it was in my PBR cartoons thread or any of my previous threads on here, I just want to say I love all of you.

Edit: Didn't want to sound too dramatic. Just know I'm fine.

Replies

• bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    it's okay we love you too

now get crackin and make some motherfuckin art
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    One love, just.. try to focus on one thing at a time in a thread. :)

I think when you post a bunch of different ideas and images in a thread or go off on something else it confuses the hell out of people. Perhaps you can keep those exploratory art ideas in a thread or sketchbook thread of their own, so they know it's going to be a bunch of exploratory art and ideas that don't necessary equate to one another? Your mixing of terminology usage also throws a lot of people off and tends to derail the threads versus sticking to the artwork at hand, so try to be mindful of that too. Just my 2 cents anyways :)
  • Hayden Zammit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hayden Zammit polycounter lvl 12
    Love you too, man.
  • stickadtroja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stickadtroja polycounter lvl 11
    what happened to "polycount is not your blog"? both this and valuemeals threads seems uneccesary, just make art instead, nobody cares about anything else. trying to shoehorn in all this other feelings and drama seems like a way to take the focus of the art, and is pretty tiryng to read.

so maybe this seems rude by me, but im tired of this need to be validated by complete fucking strangers on internet. you cant get anything from it, basically the only thing we can give you is professional advice and constructive criticism. so why ask for a bunch of other stuff? this thread makes as much sense as anything titled "what do you think of my new shirt?", "should i ask this girl out?" or "my cat is sick, what should i do?", which is none. and its annoying to see this irrelevant stuff in general discussion. post it on facebook, text your friends, ask your mom, but keep it off polycount.
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    @stickadtroja For what it's worth I agree with you (regarding this thread). However, others may not as this comes down to "How general do you like your general discussion?"

For me this thread seems inappropriate because:

- Lack of a broader context (why am I here?)
    - Lack of content (No explanation given at all, seems like you're just trying to get attention?)
    - Lack of purpose (Vague post with no intent to create discussion between others; reads like a fb status update. Or, this is too specific to a certain set of people for it to be shared here).

If anything this would probably be better suited in a generic off-topic thread.
  • Blond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond polycounter lvl 9
    This forum just got a little more cheesy. 
  • Eric Chadwick
  • l.croxton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So many feels...
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    Shinigami, blond and jordann on the same thread.
    This going to be seriously good crap.
    #popcorn
  • Blond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond polycounter lvl 9
    Lol we are still students aspiring to work one day amongst you guys ODOW.

It's normal if we seem hot-headed, naive, stubborn and sometimes cocky on certain subjects...
    Just be patient with us, we will get to your level of maturity the day we get our place inside..
  • RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    To be fair most of the replies of this thread could be argued to be unnecessary, sometimes the replies can be more cringe worthy and unnecessary than the the original post. Now I do not care what certain people may have posted or done is the past but @Odow your post is certainly the worst thing currently about this thread at the current time. Launching what can almost be described as a personal attack on three people at once. This post really adds nothing to the discussion except to upset or distress other people for your (or others) personal enjoyment.

Now I also do not agree with @Blond and @Shinigami comments at the top. They only prove to be sarcastic and add nothing to the thread either.

In future try to only post replies to threads like this that can help move things along in a helpful direction rather than replying with insults and random hashtags. I am not stopping you from reacting like this to yourself, frankly I do not care what you think to yourself when you see threads such as this but posting your thoughts down in a manner such as this really does nothing except 
    to upset or distress other people for your (or others) personal enjoyment.

Next time think before you post or do not post at all please guys.
  • SonicBlue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SonicBlue polycounter lvl 10
    From a certain point of view she's right (and the others too) this is not the place to leave cryptic suicide notes, if you have issues, you can articulate them in a better way.
  • huffer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    huffer interpolator
    *This* thread, not the replies, adds nothing to polycount, it's inappropiate, unnecessary and frankly distressed me with so much drama in the initial post!
  • RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    @SonicBlue
    I agree with you that Jordan could have expressed this better or not posted this at all but I am not convinced public personal attacks against multiple members of Polycount at once is the way to go about changing this.
  • SonicBlue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SonicBlue polycounter lvl 10
    @Robeomega I know, but this kind of threads are popping too often, I must say that I haven't seen @Blond opening a dumb thread though.

We have to ask @EarthQuake to expand his How to Post on the internet to include more "don't throw crap at each other" scenarios, and generally to embrace this kind of situations in a more polite way.

We all have RAGEQUIT moments, but Polycount is not the right place to spit your hate, it's easy to start a fight over nothing. For example, I don't came here to heard other people first world problems, I already have mine to take care of, so if it's not something technical you can ask help for; restraint yourself from posting it.
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    Needs more penistank, tbh.
  • stickadtroja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stickadtroja polycounter lvl 11
    shinigami; i agree that some of the big name artist have posted stuff in the past that defenatly crosses the border of "polycount is not your blog". its a bit of a hypocrisy to just let that slide. but that is still not a defence for this thread.

"Why cant you, just for once say "we love you too"."
    if this is what you are looking for you are looking in the wrong place. you shouldnt seek this validation here, its not what this forum is for. its the same as going to the car mechanic seeking psycological help. the majority of the people using this site, and the creators and "owners" of it, inted for it to be a somewhat professional place, focused on game art.

also i think robeomega is overreacting. "This going to be seriously good crap." can hardly be called a personal attack.

• DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    ooo...kay. I guess I have missed alot of drama while I was taking a little break from PC and digital arts. o.o
  • ghaztehschmexeh
    If you don't like threads like these, ignore them? Add the people to your ignore list? Making drama about it is pointless, a waste of energy and makes you no better...
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    It's cool.

In the future maybe just send the people you feel are affected by whatever it is you've done a private message. As the manager of this community I personally have no idea what it is this thread is about, so that should speak volumes of who would a.) read this and b.) actually care to read it.

Thread closed. <3
This discussion has been closed.