Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    oh man, that was intense O_O
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    that just took this game from im interested to i want to buy it right meow!
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artstream polycounter lvl 11
    I only got to play an hour of the demo last night. My reactions:

"Holy sh!t, this is actually real-time battling!"
    "Wait, I can jump? I can run away from battle by literally running away?"

Super impressed, really pumped for the final product now
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    Is Type-0 worth playing? Anyone get it for the demo? Anyone EVEN play it??
  • Anchang-Style
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anchang-Style polycounter lvl 7
    SE seem to want to get their critics back: Matsuda teasing a strong line up for business year 2015 from their international studio as well as japan studio with an yet unannounced high end home system (not they didn't use the term console) JRPG (and leaving it a question mark if there is more from the japan division)
    http://gematsu.com/2015/03/square-enix-president-teases-jrpg-surprise-for-fiscal-2015

I really hope they use the drive the positive response from the pre demo and demo buzz to get their old game back. I expect quite a bit from their E3 presence since we are through with Type-0, the KH 2,5 and HD remixes and such and the Duscae Demo.
  • glottis8
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    So i played the demo.

Hype confirmed.

Also, the idea of a bro road trip is very appealing for some reason. The combat is fun, and it still needs tweaking. Also that summon is pretty amazing.

Had fun exploring.

I can't wait for the full game. It seems they really do reward exploration.

Also, i liked the characters. Even tho they are all in black, i did feel a certain connection with them after playing. It must be their hair.

Anyways. Faith restored. :D

Game looks amazing, some frame dips, but over all full of detail, atmosphere and interesting location.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    the demo being attached to Type-0 has had the opposite effect on me, i've deliberately not bought Type-0 because i know i'll be tempted to fire up Duscae... and i don't want to spoil it lol.

But watching that summon... now i neeeeeeed to see the rest!
  • Blond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond polycounter lvl 9
    Hey, just felt sharing ths incredibly funny video from Mega64 guys featuring Final Fatansy's creator, Hironobu Sakaguchi!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuWkvyeAu0E[/ame]

Man, this cracked me up!
  • glottis8
  • Blond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond polycounter lvl 9
    This video is a confirmation for me that the game will one day be available on PC. YAY.
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    $70 for a 2 hour demo was well worth it
  • Blond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond polycounter lvl 9
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUzLSTvKd-g[/ame]

Woaahh..the scenery..almost makes me nostalgic of car travel..
  • Blond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond polycounter lvl 9
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Thoughts while watching that:
    -The area seems to be a big/bland cement field with a few crates and stairways, why are so many people guarding it?
    -Are both the guards and robots so blind that they can't see intruders several feet in front of there eyes?
    -Why are the robots patrolling instead of just the guards? Don't they have fuel and maintenance costs that would make that unfeasible?
  • Blond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond polycounter lvl 9
    Hey Poly, for a fantasy game, that's alot of logical questions..I'd ask the exact sames for bases, camp and outposts in Metal Gear games XD

By the way, for those saying it's not final fantasy, i think this image puts thing in perspective

• TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheMadArtist polycounter lvl 12
    Blond said:

By the way, for those saying it's not final fantasy, i think this image puts thing in perspective

Blond, while the game looks cool, it is absolutely far, far away from ANY resemblance of any FFs before 13, and that recent video just highlights that.  You can make comparison images like that, but hell, I could make the same type of image comparing Mass Effect to Halo, while in reality the games are light years apart from each other in terms of gameplay. It's just not a Final Fantasy game in the traditional sense at all. I've been playing Final Fantasy since the original one on NES, but this isn't what I'm looking for when I look to scratch that itch (which doesn't mean that I think the game will be bad, mind you). 
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    @Blond
    how so? isn't criticism of modern day FF revolving around the updated gameplay-style and the increasing linearity of the worlds? as a lover of anything tactical and turn-based i certainly can't see the attraction. here they seemingly went out and reinvented the game.

• AtticusMars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    Shrug, even ignoring the gameplay I don't really feel like the art direction is consistent with the rest of the series on whole and cherry picking screenshots of cars and caves with incomprehensible french fedora jokes isn't going to convince me that this has the same styling and aesthetic as the prior games.

Not much of the game has been revealed yet and I am still holding out hope that most of the game looks more like this and less like a jpop version of euro truck simulator.
  • Fuiosg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg polycounter lvl 5
    I'm not interested just on the basis of those character designs, it looks like you're playing as the japanese version of Jaden Smith and his friends. Maybe it's shallow, but meh...
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheMadArtist polycounter lvl 12
    Fuiosg said:
    I'm not interested just on the basis of those character designs, it looks like you're playing as the japanese version of Jaden Smith and his friends. Maybe it's shallow, but meh...
    I really haven't been a fan of the character designs in awhile. 10 was good, I really liked 12 (except for Vaan), but since, nothing has really grabbed me. And I'm not really sure if I can put my finger on what it is that I dislike so much about 15's characters, other than the fact that they all look like they are part of the same boy band group. There isn't really anything separating them apart from each other at all, as far as their wardrobe goes or silhouette. I miss the days of 7 and 9, where each character had it's own very distinct look, and there was more than just black on black for their costumes. 

You talk about praising them for reinventing the game, well, is that what anyone wanted? I'd be far more excited for this if SquareEnix was bold and had it be a new IP. But no, they are too scared for it to sell well if they did that, so they gave it the next numbered entry in the FF series. At least when it was Versus XIII it was at least something different. I'm fine for them changing up things, I do think it's needed, but not to this degree and then still call it Final Fantasy. I dunno, if Squenix is going to go this route for FF, I hope they at least could resurrect the Chrono series and use that as their big budget RPG franchise that is more in vein with what I am a lot of fans of the older games are looking for.