Home Marmoset

Toolbag 2 is on Steam! | Marmoset Toolbag 2 | News & Announcements

Replies

• Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    dazzerfong: I seem to have the same thing happen, pretty sure it did not happen to this extent before.

Baked with xNormal, setup the xNormal basis in toolbag2.
    First one without any maps applied, second image with normal map applied.
    Z3RdKkn.jpg

These edges are set to soft in my 3d application.
  • CrazyMatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Question: Will Toolbag 2 get any shader functionality for detail tiling for both normal, albedo, and specular map functions?
  • Brandon Kern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brandon Kern polycounter lvl 11
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r36NMtbSVOE"]Marmoset Toolbag 2 Test - Laser Exhaust + Manifold - YouTube[/ame]

5JYvQ.png
    5JYkB.png
    5JYdj.png
  • punkvideo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    punkvideo polycounter lvl 10
  • beta_channel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beta_channel polycounter lvl 7
    So I can't find a place to ask questions about toolbag 2 errors. So I'm just going to post up in here.

Using xNormal to bake and xNormals tangent space to view my maps in toolbag, but they are displaying broken in toolbag and correct in xNormal. The image below shows rather harsh black tips on the ends of the spikes on this hand. The errors only show in toolbag 2, using both the marmoset and xNormal tangent bias.

Has anyone run into this error before? Does anyone know where the proper place to put this would be? I want to show off all my pretty stuff in toolbag as well, but if I can't get it to properly display normals...well, such errors, much wow...sigh.
    TB2-Error.jpg
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    I'm a bit confused about the PBR workflow. I understand how metalness, albedo, and roughness work; but without a specular map, how does one control the brightness of the highlights? I know in theory the rougher the highlight, the weaker it will be. I also know that the darker the albedo is, the more the specularity stands out. But in my mind, those can't be the only ways. Seems like that would take a lot of control away from the artist.

Am I missing something really obvious, or is this the case?
  • njackson4190
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Since Joopson brought up the subject of PBR workflow, does anyone know how convert an sRGB texture to a linear space texture?
  • katzeimsack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katzeimsack polycounter lvl 17
    Is there a way to get animations in? Can't find anything :(
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    @Joopson - Joe explained it a bit in the beta thread:

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1961639&postcount=762
    So the way the metalness thing works is basically this:
    A. Your albedo map is both your diffuse and spec map
    B. The metanless map defines which sections are metal and which are not. But what its really doing is the more metal it is, the more it darkens the diffuse and pulls the specular intensity and color from the albedo. Black values in the metalness map represent non-metals, and for those, a low, fixed specular intensity is used (I don't remember the value off hand).

However, If you use mid-values in the metalness mask you can sort of hack it into doing what you want. You don't need to stick to black or white. But then it will pull the spec color from there as well, which works for things like Christmas ornaments, but not really for glossy plastics.

But really, if you want fine control over the specular color and specular intensity for non-metals, you shouldn't be using the metalness function, you should use the standard blinn-phong, as that will let you do exactly that. With energy conservation on, and a bright spec intensity value with blinn-phong, it will basically work the same as the metalness thing (ie: it will darken the diffuse to make it appear more metal-ish)

here is some highpoly rendering test, roughly 500k tri.

stryker_hp01b.jpg
  • cR45h
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cR45h polycounter lvl 7
    yay for fixing the crashing issue on older video cards
    5KKKA
  • Nosslak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nosslak polycounter lvl 12
    Is it possible to render 16 bit normalmaps in TB2 (while preserving the color depth)? I tried but it seemed to render it with 8 bit depth only (I get these kind of problems). I cross checked the normalmap in Blender and there it renders smoothly without any kind of artifacts.
  • joeriv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joeriv polycounter lvl 7
    Is there a way to zero out a camera to so that it is looking straigth/level in one direction? The transform options seem to only affect the gizmo, not the camera itself.
    Because at low FOV's, the movement/rotation becomes very sensitive wich makes it kind of hard to do it manually.

And while I'm here, some more TB2 work:
    idtc.jpg
  • papagersi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    papagersi polycounter lvl 16
    ikw0.jpg
    ioiw.jpg

I did a quick test with decimated mesh with Marmoset2

the polycount is about 200k.

Q1. I just wonder how many polygoncount TB2 can manage?
    Q2. I put two omni lit. don't you think that would be darker inside of mouth area?
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    @papagersi
    I think people have put 5 million tris in Marmo2 and have it work fine.
    Do you have shadows on? AO and SSR will darken the inside of the mouth. There's no GI in Marmo2, so all of the lighting will be coming from the HDR cubemap. Shadows, AO, and SSR will all help darken it a bit.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    EDIT: Duplicate post, please remove.
  • Titus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Titus polycounter lvl 14
    Whats about channel selection for maps?
  • Titus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Titus polycounter lvl 14
    Whats about UV channel selection for maps?
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    I've had a 90 million poly model (in multiple chunks) in TB2, varified as i did it over google hangout. it only crashed when i started fucking around with things like AO and... when i turned on wireframe it died =[
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    90 millions? that's insanity!!
  • monster.insane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster.insane polycounter lvl 3
    I've had a 90 million poly model (in multiple chunks) in TB2, varified as i did it over google hangout. it only crashed when i started fucking around with things like AO and... when i turned on wireframe it died =[

yeah and that's just awsome :poly142: every body will be crashed with that much polygons, not TB2 though lol
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    it was pretty cool, every time i loaded in another chunk everyone was like.. "ooooooOOOOOOOOOAAAAHHH!!!! YEAAAAHHH!"

Without turning on AO, there was no chugging at all, my GPU fan got a little louder, but not anything crazy. with AO on it started to chug.

and then i turned on wireframe.

and then it crashed, and everyone was sad =[
  • stevston89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    @ Gir did you have any lights in the scene. My rig starts to chug at about a million tris with lights on.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    one light, a directional one from the sky GUI.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogelioD wrote: »
    If you go to this page:

and download the "Tropical Ruins" pano, the 8K (lat/long) file was making me lag very hard. Also, I'd have to clikc on anything twice just to make it "stick".

Just so you know though, I just tested it on my PC at work and I am NOT getting the same issue. I'm only getting this issue on my PC at home.

edit: Actually, I'm still getting the clicks not sticking bug with 8K. It takes 2 clicks for anything to be selected/pressed.

Interesting, does the machine you’re having issues with have very low vram by any chance? I can’t get this to reproduce with the 8k (jpeg file was the only 8k in that archive) or the 3K hdr.

Now the clicking issue, when frame rate drops the UI becomes unresponsive (this is a known issue), are you sure this has something to do with the sky and not general low framerate issues? Does this happen in a blank scene with nothing else in it?

If you can get me a scene file that reliably has the problem I will take a look, but unfortunately I’m not able to reproduce it.

mikhga wrote: »
    Any support for using vertex colors on meshes in Toolbag 2?

Not currently, this is something we will likely add in the future if there is enough interest in it.

Joopson wrote: »
    I've tried Obj files from both Zbrush 4r6, and Maya 2014.
    Joopson wrote: »

OBJ, but I tried FBX as well.

The options I have for OBJ are: Groups, Point Groups, Materials, Smoothing, and Normals. I've never once touched those options though. For FBX, I tried to keep it down and use the bare minimum. I have Smoothing groups, and smooth mesh (not sure what that one does. Never noticed a difference) enabled. For the FBX file format, I have type set as "Binary" and Version set as "FBX 2014". (As a side note, trying to export an FBX from Maya with so many polygons is almost a certain crash for me.)
    I don't think it's the files themselves, really; but here is one of them, anyway:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30185090/HighMarmTest1_Joopson.obj (note: it's 62 mb)

I tried loading it, and thought "What if I let it load while I'm out of my apartment?".. I came back 40 minutes later and it had loaded. So things do load, it just takes somewhere between 13 and 40 minutes to do so.

Thanks for the files. Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce the loading slowness on any of the content that people have sent me. =(

So a few things for anyone who is having file loading issues:
    Do you have a low amount of ram?
    Do you have a bunch of other programs open taking up all of your ram when you’re trying to load the files?
    Anything else…?

Bek wrote: »
    On further testing my earlier numbers were a little optimistic (wrong). A 800k tris model took ~7min to import. During this time taskmanager showed toolbag having no significant memory/disk usage, but 25% cpu usage (so 100% of one core).
    Bek wrote: »

This was an FBX from modo with UV's. An OBJ took a similar amount of time. Collada didn't even load (nothing would happen). If I delete the UV's, it still takes a long time. Saving as 2010 fbx in ASCII format didn't seem to change anything, nor did triangulating before export.

FBX export settings were save geometry, materials, morph maps, edge smoothing, animation. Interestingly enough if I disable save materials, the export will fail.

Here's the mesh I was testing with. (13mb)

Thanks, I can’t get this one to repro either (see above), but I’ll send some of these files to our engineers to look at.

Thanks, I’ll get this logged.

edit: Found a crash: If you have an image's options open in tb2, and then open a new scene, the options for the image isn't automatically closed. If you press Okay on the option window, tb2 will crash.

Interesting, I’m not getting this crash, it may have been fixed with 2.01, are you still getting it with the latest build?

Can anyone help me out with the " Outline " feature it makes a colored outline around your mesh in the first Marmoset, anyone know how i can get the same effect?

This feature is not currently in TB2, if there is enough interest we may add it with a future update.

OccultMonk wrote: »
    Is there a way to import the 'Sunlight' HDRI map from Marmoset 1. Or could you include it in a next release?

Sorry, no but the HDR image based lighting content that was in TB1 is no longer compatible with TB2.

Miguelito wrote: »
    Thx for your answer.
    Miguelito wrote: »
    Sorry but I dont get the result that I would like to have in the turntable, after testing all possibilities. Maybe I was bit unclear. Lets say I place a light on the left of my character on a pedestal. Shadow is casted to the right. I would like to have a turntable anim in which my objects rotate but the shadow is always casted to the right.
    Hope I was clear 9why6P_5_ee69nXo9v479vgLttc7o9_EAk3swY-r5WjwVCRG3siArUnuD4NPcTvsfnp-7lwnFKDvWUh91qGZFJ3-IAr1qCqneaGb89DYQdgQnbcktEKp2NSx4A
    Thx

Ah ok. Try dragging your manually created light into the sky group, this way it shouldn’t rotate when turntable style is set to scene. This should do what you want.

Gheromo wrote: »
    Bug: earlier today had transform gizmo bug, I saw a while ago posted by somebody in beta thread. When you rotate model a bit using gizmo, and after imputing correct rotation into the transform section, causing model to spaz in the wrong direction. Though my geometry is not a "child" of any other object in the scene. I tried to force unparent it (though as I said its not really parented to anything) geometry will show actual rotation I have done to it before. So it seems like geometry acting as if there is a hidden parent that screws up the rotation.

Suggestion: "Open Recent" button under "Open Scene".

Thank you! CvU_IlFSWVm8B8d0hNWxvDKQVrU_IV4yp0uwdjnLwppx1Av0Pzpm9GNaatVFKnxgRNy6tquP455YSYUHHpZigBeaVx-P0paEPxn7mRsOHZx4B-kALr0Nqzn1nw

Interesting, I thought we had the transform issues sorted. Is this reproducible? If so can you explain the steps required to reproduce it? Thanks

Any chance of getting a duplicate mesh option? I know you can reimport a duplicate and move it. But ugghh so lazy. Be nice to duplicate a mesh if you want to show multiple angles at once.

Pretty much everyone has asked for this, I think its safe to say this will get in soon, probably with the next update.

I am really new to PBR and I was wondering, do we still need to "neutralise" albedo (diffuse) textures with inverted hue specular for non metals? Or is that now thing of the past?

No, there should be no need to do this as the renderer is gamma correct.

biofrost wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been answered, but is it planned in the future to have the ability to import camera animations from max and maya? Would be great for those that are planning a environment.

We don’t have any official plans yet, but we do plan to add animation support in a free update sometime in the future. No ETA yet or anything, this is probably more of a long term thing than something you can expect to see in the short term. We want to do animation well, so we’re going take our time with it.

MM wrote: »
    it does look like a bug.
    MM wrote: »

also, notice how the backfaces are darkened when cast shadow is on. with shadows off, both front faces and back faces render with same lighting but with shadows on, the back faces seem to self shadow as well.

if someone else can download the test files i posted and see if this is not a GPU specific issue that would be great.

Thanks for the test scene, we’ll look into this.

Azkur wrote: »

EDIT:
    since the update i am getting this weird clipping that shows up depending on the distance and angle

Interesting, do you have any sort of tessellation on this mesh? I know I’ve seen issues like that with tess on, if so can you turn it off and see if you have the same issue?

If this is reproducible, can you get me the scene?

Thanks

Geometry plane tearing up when looking at it at pricesely (up to a pixel) straight angle.

Thats a new one, can you save this scene with the camera at that position so I can have a look at it? Thanks

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hum I think I misexplain what I wanted to mean : I know where to load the vector displacement but what I mean is that I'm trying to set up from zbrush for to get a perfect vector displacement for marmoset.... Which mean I'm trying to get these perfect sphere stuff...

Hi, I just ran the VD diagnostic thing, it looks like #19 from zbrush, and scale center set to 0 set to in marmoset gives the best results.

This page explains how to set the correct method in the import/export settings: http://docs.pixologic.com/user-guide/3d-modeling/exporting-your-model/vector-displacement-maps/

Let me know if this works.
  • allaze-eroler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allaze-eroler polycounter lvl 11
    EarthQuake wrote: »
    Hi, I just ran the VD diagnostic thing, it looks like #19 from zbrush, and scale center set to 0 set to in marmoset gives the best results.

This page explains how to set the correct method in the import/export settings: http://docs.pixologic.com/user-guide/3d-modeling/exporting-your-model/vector-displacement-maps/

Let me know if this works.

hummm look like it's not enough :| but i will keep testing the other setting.
  • Gheromo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo polycounter lvl 11
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fbj9vdeooj3y7w/GeometryTearing_and_Rotations_bug.rar

Hey EQ, this scene contains a plane that has Camera 2 setup precisely at the right angle so that you guys can see the tearing happening. Also that plane has zeroed out rotations, if you try to move it inside outliner it will "unparent" itself from an invisible node that hides geometry true rotations. Im not sure how to reproduce it from scratch though. Hope that helps! :)
  • allaze-eroler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allaze-eroler polycounter lvl 11
    ok, i think i found which setting it can work fine : it's #7 but i noticed one problem : when i rotate the light, my model become very squishy ! :o
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dazzerfong wrote: »
    Great program, just jumping in for the first minute tells me that a lot has changed from the 1.1. Just one thing: are all the UV seams automatically 'split'? I didn't notice seam problems from 1.10, and I didn't harden the UV seams before: is it normal to harden the seams? Forgive my lack of knowledge in this matter.

dazzerfong: I seem to have the same thing happen, pretty sure it did not happen to this extent before.

Baked with xNormal, setup the xNormal basis in toolbag2.
    First one without any maps applied, second image with normal map applied.

These edges are set to soft in my 3d application.

Toolbag should not split edges automatically. Vertex normals are loaded directly from the file that you import. Make sure that vertex normals are being exported from your app of choice.

Let me know what file format, and where you’re exporting from if you guys still have issues with this.

So I can't find a place to ask questions about toolbag 2 errors. So I'm just going to post up in here.

Using xNormal to bake and xNormals tangent space to view my maps in toolbag, but they are displaying broken in toolbag and correct in xNormal. The image below shows rather harsh black tips on the ends of the spikes on this hand. The errors only show in toolbag 2, using both the marmoset and xNormal tangent bias.

Has anyone run into this error before? Does anyone know where the proper place to put this would be? I want to show off all my pretty stuff in toolbag as well, but if I can't get it to properly display normals...well, such errors, much wow...sigh.

The XNormal tangent basis isn’t quite as perfect as the Maya or Max one yet, there’s an issue we still need to fix with it.

If you can, for now bake your normal maps in Max or Maya for the best results.

CrazyMatt wrote: »
    Question: Will Toolbag 2 get any shader functionality for detail tiling for both normal, albedo, and specular map functions?

We will look into tiling functionality at some point in the future. Exactly how it will work is still up in the air.

Since Joopson brought up the subject of PBR workflow, does anyone know how convert an sRGB texture to a linear space texture?

sRGB can be toggled in the per-texture options bit, press the option button next to the texture input in the material editor.

Nosslak wrote: »
    Is it possible to render 16 bit normalmaps in TB2 (while preserving the color depth)? I tried but it seemed to render it with 8 bit depth only (
    Nosslak wrote: »
    I get these kind of problems). I cross checked the normalmap in Blender and there it renders smoothly without any kind of artifacts.

What file format are you using? I think there were some problems with out TIFF loader only loading 8 bit even with 16bit files. If using TIFF, try re-saving the file as a PSD, should fix it.

papagersi wrote: »

I did a quick test with decimated mesh with Marmoset2

the polycount is about 200k.

Q1. I just wonder how many polygoncount TB2 can manage?
    Q2. I put two omni lit. don't you think that would be darker inside of mouth area?

Q1: Many, it really depends on your specific video card. If you have a Titan or something, in the tens of millions - easily. With older cards, less. It also depends on how many lights, your DOF settings etc so there is no hard number.

Q. Shadows are off by default when you create a point light, make sure to turn them on. Also try on AO and turn local reflections to elimination strange reflections.

Titus wrote: »
    Whats about UV channel selection for maps?

Currently there is only a UV selector option for the AO map. We may look into adding this to more texture inputs if there is a lot of interest.

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok, i think i found which setting it can work fine : it's #7 but i noticed one problem : when i rotate the light, my model become very squishy ! :o

Interesting, #19 definitely looks like the best one to me with the diagnostic tool.

Is there any change you could get me a copy of your scene, and the vector displacement map you've baked out? Better yet if you can get one with both #19 and #7 exported.

Thanks
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fbj9vdeooj3y7w/GeometryTearing_and_Rotations_bug.rar

Hey EQ, this scene contains a plane that has Camera 2 setup precisely at the right angle so that you guys can see the tearing happening. Also that plane has zeroed out rotations, if you try to move it inside outliner it will "unparent" itself from an invisible node that hides geometry true rotations. Im not sure how to reproduce it from scratch though. Hope that helps! :)

Thanks, I'll have a look at it.
  • EarthQuake
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
  • ENODMI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ENODMI polycounter lvl 14
    Awesome, Swizzle!
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    EQ, I have 8 gb of RAM in my computer. Marmoset doesn't seem to greatly increase strain on the RAM, it hovers around 4.76 GB in use, with or without my loading a high-poly mesh. Closing Marmoset entirely lowers it to around 4.38 GB in use. And CPU usage stays pretty low during the whole process.

This is with Windows Media Player and Chrome open, so nothing particularly greedy.

On its own, toolbag uses around 29 mb of RAM, freshly opened. And 366 mb when I'm trying to load a large mesh.
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator

So a few things for anyone who is having file loading issues:
    Do you have a low amount of ram?
    Do you have a bunch of other programs open taking up all of your ram when you’re trying to load the files?
    Anything else…?
    8gb of ram, plenty free when trying to load a model. Nothing else hardware wise I can think of that's out of the ordinary. 2gb vram too. AMD beta drivers (7870), win8 x64..

Interesting, I’m not getting this crash, it may have been fixed with 2.01, are you still getting it with the latest build?
    Sure, just checked in 2.01 and its been fixed.

The features I'm currently missing the most from tb1 are being able to toggle light icons and snap camera. I'd also really like if there were a way to tile textures. Maybe even axis independent, so I could tile just across X for example. Pretty handy in knald for example to check how a texture tiles quickly.
  • dazzerfong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For those with XNormal normal map problems, try turning off the sRGB color space and turning on Scale and Bias. Solved all of my problems instantly.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dazzerfong wrote: »
    For those with XNormal normal map problems, try turning off the sRGB color space and turning on Scale and Bias. Solved all of my problems instantly.

For normal maps sRGB should definitively be off, and scale and bias should definitely be on. Let me know if these aren't set that way by default when you load a texture for some reason.
  • dazzerfong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It was originally, but after some time, it stopped being default. Zero idea how it wasn't like that by default. Uninstalled then reinstalled, and it's default now.

I was talking to a mate who was using Toolbag, and he ran into the same problem. He thought that, because the preview of the image looked light, turning on sRGB might be more 'correct'. Turns out it was because he turned off Scale and Bias too, and that was stuffing his stuff up completely.

BTW, what does the Scale and Bias checkbox do?
  • myclay
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    myclay polycounter lvl 10
    is there scaling available for the Meshes itself?
    it seems, the only options so far are rotation and position.
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
  • RogelioD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogelioD polycounter lvl 12
    Still toying around with Toolbag 2. Seeing whats possible and stuff. this is a small piece of a larger (but still small) project. Still WIP.

cPUVEI3.png
  • dazzerfong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After a lot of monkeying around, mainly with normal maps and all, finally got something a bit worthwhile out of it:

qpkn.jpg
  • myclay
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    myclay polycounter lvl 10
    @ Bek
    thanks for the clarification - I really hope it gets added as soon as possible.:)
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    I love this so far. It's so fast and easy to get nice results. I made this beach texture from just something off CG Textures and using nDo2. I know it's not the best thing but I love how the displacement looks and all the settings you can mess around with. ~10 mins of work, ~10 mins of tinkering in Marmoset. :)

b5CYZ2U.jpg
  • Fingus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fingus polycounter lvl 11
    I remember in the beta thread people were talking about getting in Polypaint from zbrush highpolies. Was this ever implemented?

Also, any plans on making Toolbag2 GoZ enabled?
  • monster.insane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fingus wrote: »
    I remember in the beta thread people were talking about getting in Polypaint from zbrush highpolies. Was this ever implemented?

Also, any plans on making Toolbag2 GoZ enabled?

Yeah, i saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPuxeouiTrU

He said "...This model contains 1.2mil poly count decimated from zbrush, only detail normal and diffuse are used..."

No idea about that. did he use color vector map on that 1.2 poly decimated from Zbrush? :poly142:
  • MrHobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrHobo polycounter lvl 13
    A suggestion that occurred to me just now. It would be super nice to be able to group materials on the right in a similar fashion to how we group stuff on the left in the scene organizer. Also I know it's been stated before but another plus 1 for duplicating things in the scene organizer.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Yeah, i saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPuxeouiTrU

He said "...This model contains 1.2mil poly count decimated from zbrush, only detail normal and diffuse are used..."

No idea about that. did he use color vector map on that 1.2 poly decimated from Zbrush? :poly142:

he will have generated uv's inside zbrush, and then exported polypaint to diffuse.
  • monster.insane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    he will have generated uv's inside zbrush, and then exported polypaint to diffuse.

yeah now i know that "decimate" can do with the existing UV (there is a option button keep UVs) thank you :poly136: