Home Marmoset

Toolbag 2 is on Steam! | Marmoset Toolbag 2 | News & Announcements

Replies

• demilich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demilich polycounter lvl 8
    So I'm trying the new marmoset and using an old model to do some tests. I was wondering if I'm doing this right. I have a diffuse/color map in the albedo slot. I took out the AO and put it in the Occlusion maps and added a Cavity map as well. Do I leave both of these in the Red Channel? Also I have a spec map where I put it in the Reflectivity slot and selected Specular map. In this case where does my Gloss map go? I tried the Microsurface and selected Gloss map. When I adjust the slider it seems like nothing is affected. Do the Reflection and Secondary Reflection tabs need to be adjusted to something specific?
    I also tried adding the specular map with gloss map in the alpha to the Microsurface tab but that didn't do anything. I added a screenshot of what I'm working on.

Thanks.
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Is there a way to pause the turntable without it reverting back to it's initial start position?
  • myclay
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    myclay polycounter lvl 10
    I have a fbx file, where I haven´t applied the scale onto my mesh and when I rotate or change the position within the Transform panel, the mesh gets an reset to its original size and rotation.

when I rotate the mesh within the view, the size and rotation stays intact and the arrows can´t get selected nor move the mesh.

granted the mistake of not applying the size changes while exporting the FBX are clearly a user fault.
  • james01
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Has the chromatic aberation feature from the previous version been removed in tool bag 2 ?
    It doesn't seem to be located under post effects .
  • chris89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chris89 polycounter lvl 10
    Very nice piece of kit so far, big improvement over the previous one :)

I've got some small requests/ideas that would be cool to see:

World space transform and separate transform widgets. Local only is pretty frustrating sometimes, especially for light placement.

GGX please :)

Area lights please :)

Multi/sub - material support would be sweet

and superduperstretchfeature node based shader graph with exportable hlsl or other code :D
  • Teessider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Teessider polycounter lvl 11
    Hey :)

I have an odd bug (if it is that) in that I can't load any FBX files :S.

I can load OBJ files just fine but FBX doesn't seem to work and yet they load fine in Unity.

I'm exporting out of 3ds Max 2013 and using FBX version 2013.1

• myclay
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    8TMC9TL.png
    when I have a group with meshes in it and parent that behind a group with other meshes, the meshes form the child parent, won´t look right in Wireframe mode.

I can either see no wires at all or when I have a few changes on the material, only see subtle dots and the edges are gone.
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    Any ideas why my normal map looks fine in Maya but terrible in Marmoset?

UoUw4Ii.jpg

7TGgd2i.jpg
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Did you match the tangent basis you baked the nm with in marmoset (Select the mesh for the option)? If you baked in maya it would make sense that it looked fine in that. Otherwise what about triangulation?
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yup, it matches. The mesh isn't triangulated, does it have to be?
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    It doesn't necessarily have to be, but if I remember correctly Maya has a tendency to pick diagonal edges differently depending on context (like, baking compared to exporting). So to be absolutely sure, simply triangulate your mesh before baking, make a new bake, and export this triangulated mesh. It will leave no room for Maya to do its own thing behind your back.
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I triangulated and re-baked. While it's better, I'm still getting horrible shading issues. Like before it looks good in Maya.

tFXDzfl.jpg
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool, glad to hear that it is behaving better at least.

From there on it really is just a matter of knowing wether or not the tangent basis is the same between Toolbag and Maya (also if I remember correctly, the default tangent basis calculation in Maya recently changed in order to include angle-weighted normals, which is yet another thing to consider). This is a question that only the Toolbag devs can answer really, so I hope they will chime in here soon to help you out.

Now of course you always have the option to bake using Object-Space normals, which is pretty much the only universal solution with perfect consistency between all 3D programs. For a portfolio piece I would say that it is a perfectly valid approach. Of course if you need to later export this weapon to a specific game engine you will likely need to convert it to Tangent-Space since very few games support OS natively (which is a shame really). And for that, Handplane will give you the most predictable results since it is its very purpose. As a matter of fact, when it comes to very specific engines like Source it is the *only* way to obtain a perfectly engine-synced TS map.
  • Harbinger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harbinger polycounter lvl 8
    To piggy back off of Pior, I've had a lot of issues with Maya's (relatively) new vertex normal weighting, especially when used in conjunction with UV seam hardening scripts. One pain in the ass is that the combine/separate functions tend to re-weight your normals, so if you manually harden edges and then combine the mesh, your vertex normals will change.

In short, I've had good luck so far with changing the Default Vertex Normal Method in the modeling preferences back to good 'ole fashioned "Unweighted". If you want to experiment on a single mesh you can change the vertex normal method in the shape node attributes for your mesh.
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks pior and Harbinger for the great info. I baked out an Object Space map and it looks great inside Marmoset. I think I'll run with that for now.

Curious though, is it an equally valid option to use the OS map if you want to showcase your textures sheets? Never seen anyone do that before.
  • Quack!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quack! polycounter lvl 17
    Loving Toolbag 2.

Feature request!

Can the Capture screenshot command set the resolution to 2x, take the screenshot, then turn off automatically? I have an old computer and setting the resolution to 2x almost makes Toolbag2 un-useable and it becomes difficult to navigate the menus to manually capture a screenshot of my high poly models.

Fantastic work, keep it up!
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys,

Just butting in to make a couple of smaller feature requests, if that's okay bUKyPSRpWjAc1PEhUnA1Q4Ebvc0UKe0X7SzKjru2F0YMLWDluu9FZFOoxbz9xveKCa8nI_YJftxlahOtvzsoUIAc071kmIlNl6893WQ15_cokHe_DF2nFgpcDg

A save prompt when closing up + a 'File -> Open recent' would be spleeendid

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions.

demilich wrote: »
    So I'm trying the new marmoset and using an old model to do some tests. I was wondering if I'm doing this right. I have a diffuse/color map in the albedo slot. I took out the AO and put it in the Occlusion maps and added a Cavity map as well. Do I leave both of these in the Red Channel? Also I have a spec map where I put it in the Reflectivity slot and selected Specular map. In this case where does my Gloss map go? I tried the Microsurface and selected Gloss map. When I adjust the slider it seems like nothing is affected. Do the Reflection and Secondary Reflection tabs need to be adjusted to something specific?
    I also tried adding the specular map with gloss map in the alpha to the Microsurface tab but that didn't do anything. I added a screenshot of what I'm working on.

Thanks.

1. Your diffuse should go in the albedo slot, ideally you would remove any baked in lighting or AO, and the AO/cavity maps go in the respective slots in the occlusion module. These should be set to R for simple grayscale maps.

2. The spec map goes in the spec map slot of the reflectivity module, you can load a metalness map here alternatively by changing the shading model from specular map to metalness map.

3. Your gloss map goes in the gloss map slot of the microsurface module. It should have a very noticeable effect on how glossy or rough the specular reflections are. White in the gloss map = glossy and black = 0, you can click the invert checkbox if your content is authored in the opposite manner. You should have the gloss slider set to 1 so that your gloss map controls the full range of gloss/roughness values.

You can load the gloss from specular alpha by loading the specular map into the gloss map and selecting A from the channel selector.

If you still can’t get this to work, please post an image along with with your gloss map, and the settings you’ve have dialed in to the shader. Try starting a new material from scratch and assigning your maps again too.

low odor wrote: »
    Is there a way to pause the turntable without it reverting back to it's initial start position?

Sorry no, not currently. I think this is on the todo list though.

myclay wrote: »
    I have a fbx file, where I haven´t applied the scale onto my mesh and when I rotate or change the position within the Transform panel, the mesh gets an reset to its original size and rotation.

when I rotate the mesh within the view, the size and rotation stays intact and the arrows can´t get selected nor move the mesh.

granted the mistake of not applying the size changes while exporting the FBX are clearly a user fault.

I’m not entirely sure what your issue is here, if its an issue with Toolbag or within your 3d app. Currently Toolbag does not have a function to scale meshes so any scaling needs to be done before export. Could you please give me more details or upload the file you’re having problems with? Thanks

james01 wrote: »
    Has the chromatic aberation feature from the previous version been removed in tool bag 2 ?
    It doesn't seem to be located under post effects .

This is on our todo list, it just hasn’t been added yet, sorry.

chris89 wrote: »
    Very nice piece of kit so far, big improvement over the previous one X-kO_Om8lV3EiWnd012qf2SUOFY2_EnS9EYUgn5ReDQRiV8KVWiYQ7FgDu1IxCXvy-EcNfpZED441eVTEai1QkjYuvpK6UgnDIF0XZ0mvnhyjhmWGpoJoLOcnA

I've got some small requests/ideas that would be cool to see:

World space transform and separate transform widgets. Local only is pretty frustrating sometimes, especially for light placement.

GGX please 1Tyo0fbAX_klBzkMjAYXqWa4FEYcjSS6xJfbtj9JbZ1a8VhOjzB1fOWArxuPx3gEB1np4Rz43qDHJJOi-ybHd3yBdkl1tEYTMTKYANfbFa-FFPOuJt2zdzXlEA

Area lights please qGcct5-0nLgxkrvwtTVITf_mYcA1OCHRu12KE8l5zqy4GzbNPRzQs6jiTuxDW3Yv4hn46YU1uSo46zCmUHGvU2KlllMsEavDTGcCorZIwIkewV3pyedJdTLl2w

Multi/sub - material support would be sweet

and superduperstretchfeature node based shader graph with exportable hlsl or other code SrW5kfqNcwolTc3wW8k5VxIAZ64Q3dldHz_eR-QbId5-q_7I4WncMDSnoRlUievgrmhS7guoaixthwsCjstJK4h5ZAK__NYUBxC_R4d2_wvwYHZHRiwkUit5kA

Thanks for the suggestions, one question though, what do you mean by GGX?

Teessider wrote: »
    Hey 4eO9zpCpWwFFBfDpF_uv40OuR5OHUFRKiAdHJ9hEyq88n8qcOAVonSsV6Hds3WiP_m6p2UYH_RhxIYQh7JYJmLg4T_MYUAOSvIpdy1QTjUh6L_nTEPQmGj_tLw

I have an odd bug (if it is that) in that I can't load any FBX files :S.

I can load OBJ files just fine but FBX doesn't seem to work and yet they load fine in Unity.

I'm exporting out of 3ds Max 2013 and using FBX version 2013.1

thanks 5wWOUuMY0v4tnJ69cVimXsfvFYl5UyiwsX7F1GdzlEHQ0wDr5Ves2HygkLh1kllfx_duKIlZZehEwlNoUMg7zovYFOFXv5i_uHIrdnPaSPM-v77fePsmoNiAhA

What happens when you try to load the file, does it crash? Does it hang (some people have had issues with files loading very, very slowly)?

If you can get me a copy of the OBJ and the FBX to see if I can reproduce the issue that would be great, thanks.

when I have a group with meshes in it and parent that behind a group with other meshes, the meshes form the child parent, won´t look right in Wireframe mode.

I can either see no wires at all or when I have a few changes on the material, only see subtle dots and the edges are gone.

This is a known bug, but I will look into the relationship with grouping, this may help us track it down. Thanks.

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any ideas why my normal map looks fine in Maya but terrible in Marmoset?

So to recap and add a little to the other suggestions

1. Make sure you have the Maya tangent space selected, you will need to do this for every mesh chunk

2. If using newer versions of Maya, make sure to turn off the weighted normals option (sorry I don't know exactly where this) as this breaks a variety of things.

3. Make sure to triangulate before exporting, also, make sure to lock normals before triangulation, if you don't, the mesh normals change and you'll get smoothing errors.

Lock normals + triangulate + set tangent space to Maya inside toolbag should = perfectly synced normals, as good as Maya's display.

If you triangulate before baking you don't need to lock normals, but I prefer to do so after as it leaves a cleaner mesh to work with.

Object space is use in games, but tangent space is much, much more common. Object space has a few drawbacks, its more difficult to add hand painted details, you need have a special shader if you plan to do animation, you need a special shader to do mirroring, you can't rotate objects after baking or the lighting will be wrong. Tangent space maps are typically used because of these issues.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quack! wrote: »
    Loving Toolbag 2.

Feature request!

Can the Capture screenshot command set the resolution to 2x, take the screenshot, then turn off automatically? I have an old computer and setting the resolution to 2x almost makes Toolbag2 un-useable and it becomes difficult to navigate the menus to manually capture a screenshot of my high poly models.

Fantastic work, keep it up!

When you capture an image it uses the resolution in the Settings under the Capture menu. If you want to export images at 2x, simply double your intended resolution in the W/H boxes, ie: 3840x2160 instead of 1920x1080.

The 1:2/1:1/2:1 settings in the render tab are only for the viewport display and do not affect image output, so you can work in Toolbag at half res while exporting double res images.
  • Quack!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quack! polycounter lvl 17
    EarthQuake wrote: »
    When you capture an image it uses the resolution in the Settings under the Capture menu. If you want to export images at 2x, simply double your intended resolution in the W/H boxes, ie: 3840x2160 instead of 1920x1080.

The 1:2/1:1/2:1 settings in the render tab are only for the viewport display and do not affect image output, so you can work in Toolbag at half res while exporting double res images.

Perfect, thanks for the info.
  • chris89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Thanks for the suggestions, one question though, what do you mean by GGX?

GGX is a BRDF like phong, blinn-phong, oren-nayar, beckmann, etc. It describes the reflection characteristics of a shader.
    GGX is a bit different from blinn-phong in that it has a sharper peak with a softer falloff of the "specular" highlight, which seems to closer resemble real life, among other small things.

ggx_vs_Phong.jpg

It's what a lot of the next gen game engines seem to settle on using, having it in toolbag would be sweet :)
  • Drew++
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 14
    GGX is a BRDF like phong, blinn-phong, oren-nayar, beckmann, etc. It describes the reflection characteristics of a shader.
    GGX is a bit different from blinn-phong in that it has a sharper peak with a softer falloff of the "specular" highlight, which seems to closer resemble real life, among other small things.

It's what a lot of the next gen game engines seem to settle on using, having it in toolbag would be sweet :)

I've talked to Jeff about this once, on Twitter ;)

6uFoF.png
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    One thing that I noticed : When turning on the transparency option for renders/screenshots, the transparent pixels are effectively deleted as opposed to being simply alpha-ed out. I would love to have the option to have the background pixels still present "behind" the alpha.

Also it would be great to have access to a z-buffer / depth pass render. I could also see a screen-space normals pass being useful.
  • myclay
    Options
    Online / Send Message

I’m not entirely sure what your issue is here, if its an issue with Toolbag or within your 3d app. Currently Toolbag does not have a function to scale meshes so any scaling needs to be done before export. Could you please give me more details or upload the file you’re having problems with? Thanks

here is the file,the mesh got 2 saved sizes before export and I can switch between those two within marmoset.

to change the size you have to select the mesh named cube and change the sliders or numbers within the Transform panel. - it only works once because as is known the scaling is not yet implemented, the scaling information will be lost.

if you want that scale information within marmoset back, after it gets to its original size, you have to press ctrg+Z

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d91jtpoahszy0ht/scalebug.tbscene
  • chris89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "GGX[FONT=&quot] is on my Christmas list this year :) We'll see when I have time to get it in, but I'd like to soon.[/FONT]" -Jeff

yay!
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So to recap and add a little to the other suggestions

1. Make sure you have the Maya tangent space selected, you will need to do this for every mesh chunk

2. If using newer versions of Maya, make sure to turn off the weighted normals option (sorry I don't know exactly where this) as this breaks a variety of things.

3. Make sure to triangulate before exporting, also, make sure to lock normals before triangulation, if you don't, the mesh normals change and you'll get smoothing errors.

Lock normals + triangulate + set tangent space to Maya inside toolbag should = perfectly synced normals, as good as Maya's display.

If you triangulate before baking you don't need to lock normals, but I prefer to do so after as it leaves a cleaner mesh to work with.

Object space is use in games, but tangent space is much, much more common. Object space has a few drawbacks, its more difficult to add hand painted details, you need have a special shader if you plan to do animation, you need a special shader to do mirroring, you can't rotate objects after baking or the lighting will be wrong. Tangent space maps are typically used because of these issues.
    Thanks! I didn't know the part about locking the normals, I'll try that.
  • mr_ace
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr_ace polycounter lvl 9
    is there a way to turn off the icons for lights so they don't show up in my scene, blocking my character with a big light icon?
  • Luke_Starkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luke_Starkie polycounter lvl 8
    What Mr_ace said^
  • myclay
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Ctrg+U and you can disable the light icons
    ;)
  • mr_ace
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr_ace polycounter lvl 9
    great, thanks!
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    not sure if this bug is mentioned but after you do a "save as" the new file name is not updated on the main title bar which makes it feel like toolbag still has the old file open.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

It's what a lot of the next gen game engines seem to settle on using, having it in toolbag would be sweet

Ok cool, well it looks like Jeff is already interested in this so that is good news.

[QUOTE=pior;1993187]One thing that I noticed : When turning on the transparency option for renders/screenshots, the transparent pixels are effectively deleted as opposed to being simply alpha-ed out. I would love to have the option to have the background pixels still present "behind" the alpha.

Also it would be great to have access to a z-buffer / depth pass render. I could also see a screen-space normals pass being useful.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestions.

Ctrg+U and you can disable the light icons
    ;)

Yep, also view -> show guides, this was added with the last update I think.

MM wrote: »
    not sure if this bug is mentioned but after you do a "save as" the new file name is not updated on the main title bar which makes it feel like toolbag still has the old file open.

Thanks, I will get that logged. Actually, this has already been fixed internally, it will be in the next update.

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here is the file,the mesh got 2 saved sizes before export and I can switch between those two within marmoset.

to change the size you have to select the mesh named cube and change the sliders or numbers within the Transform panel. - it only works once because as is known the scaling is not yet implemented, the scaling information will be lost.

if you want that scale information within marmoset back, after it gets to its original size, you have to press ctrg+Z

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d91jtpoahszy0ht/scalebug.tbscene

Thanks for the test scene, this is a weird one. Could you upload the .FBX file and give me some more information on what software (Max, Maya, what version?) and export settings you're using?
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Possibly already mentioned, but it would be nice if there were a hotkey to cycle through skies. Perhaps if the sky dropdown menu behaved like the PS Blend mode dropdown, which while selected lets you use the scroll wheel to cycle through.
  • myclay
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Thanks for the test scene, this is a weird one. Could you upload the .FBX file and give me some more information on what software (Max, Maya, what version?) and export settings you're using?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1zny5y91obqatgw/Uadn24zZys

sure:) , I made a folder in Dropbox, where I uploaded all the needed files.

I have made two test files and have used in one case the official
    Blender 2.69 version from their main website
    blender.org

and for testing out some of the new implementations the official 64bit versions for the upcoming 2.7 release from
    http://builder.blender.org/download/

the go to developer for fbx files regarding Blender is Bastien Montagne;
    http://mont29.wordpress.com/
  • Teessider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Teessider polycounter lvl 11

What happens when you try to load the file, does it crash? Does it hang (some people have had issues with files loading very, very slowly)?

If you can get me a copy of the OBJ and the FBX to see if I can reproduce the issue that would be great, thanks.

Hey EarthQuake. sorry for getting back to ya late! I'm afraid I can't send you the suspect files due to NDA but I can tell you that Toolbag 2 didn't hang or anything. It would just act as if I didn't import anything?

But something strange has happened...the suspect files (and subsequent ones too) have started loading up fine now?! So all is well (for now lol)
  • Brashen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brashen polycounter lvl 9
    A question if I may.

Would I be able to run a whole animation with this?
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1zny5y91obqatgw/Uadn24zZys

suresfu_piWsVv1fCaBTEWD4UKKwVjDav7-JSJDP-DZ1CKDcm9be7lp49iLM9LAzEM-mDSA8u1l9L0OU5ivhsJgVo09VSmFXOzRcjQglLWWRam6aDB-xRIKXIjUCpA , I made a folder in Dropbox, where I uploaded all the needed files.

Thanks!

Teessider wrote: »
    Hey EarthQuake. sorry for getting back to ya late! I'm afraid I can't send you the suspect files due to NDA but I can tell you that Toolbag 2 didn't hang or anything. It would just act as if I didn't import anything?

But something strange has happened...the suspect files (and subsequent ones too) have started loading up fine now?! So all is well (for now lol)

Ok cool, well if it pops up again and you can reproduce it with an asset you’re able to share, just let me know.

Brashen wrote: »
    A question if I may.

Would I be able to run a whole animation with this?

Currently no, though we do plan to add animation support as a free upgrade sometime in the future.
  • Jimonions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jimonions polycounter lvl 10
    I have tried searching in vain for this, where can I access alpha blending modes and how do I get it to work in the first place?

I visited the marmoset tutorials page but it was vague and didn't show direct examples of where I could actually use these settings such as screenshots. I have an alpha channel within my diffuse saved as a png (also tried tga) but to no avail.

Something else bothering me is that I cant seem to access any of the other shader settings like secondary reflect, occlusion, emissive. How do I get them?
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jimonions wrote: »
    I have tried searching in vain for this, where can I access alpha blending modes and how do I get it to work in the first place?

I visited the marmoset tutorials page but it was vague and didn't show direct examples of where I could actually use these settings such as screenshots. I have an alpha channel within my diffuse saved as a png (also tried tga) but to no avail.

Transparency can be added with the transparency module, you need to select a type first.
    Add = additive blending, good for glass (but does not work with DOF)
    Dithered = dithered alpha blending, it looks noisy in the viewport but renders out smooth (render at double size for even smoother), good for things that are mostly opaque but have soft edges like hair
    Cutout = standard alpha test.
    Something else bothering me is that I cant seem to access any of the other shader settings like secondary reflect, occlusion, emissive. How do I get them?

You need to add a shader model to each of those modules, by clicking the dropdown to the right. Be sure to check out the getting started tutorial as this and much more is covered there: http://www.marmoset.co/toolbag/learn/getting-started

Specifically:
    mt2gsmaterials01.gif
  • Jimonions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jimonions polycounter lvl 10
    Ah perfect did not notice those little arrows to the side, thank you very much.
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is it possible to get lights to not be a part of the scene? No matter how I place them in the hierarchy they rotate with the model in a turntable. I want the lights to be static.
  • james01
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

This is on our todo list, it just hasn’t been added yet, sorry.

Thanks for reply Earthquake.
    The bloom post effect needs some attention aswell, it was better in toolbag 1.
    In TB1 the bloom only effected highlighted/specular areas and glow areas where there was an emmisive map being used.
    In TB2 the bloom effect washes out the entire image and theres no control over it.
  • odd_enough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odd_enough polycounter lvl 9
    This may have been mentioned already, but an option to transform lock an object or camera would make my life easier. Something like a lock icon next to the eye (visibility) icon in the project tree.

Wanted to automate object presentation. I can create another camera, but I sometimes forget to switch back to the main camera to make adjustments, or I load the file after awhile and forget which camera is supposed to not move.

Just some security to go along with the unicorn farts that this program produces :)
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is it possible to get lights to not be a part of the scene? No matter how I place them in the hierarchy they rotate with the model in a turntable. I want the lights to be static.

Sorry, I don’t think there is currently. I assume you want just your mesh to rotate while everything else remains static?

james01 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply Earthquake.
    The bloom post effect needs some attention aswell, it was better in toolbag 1.
    In TB1 the bloom only effected highlighted/specular areas and glow areas where there was an emmisive map being used.
    In TB2 the bloom effect washes out the entire image and theres no control over it.

The bloom settings are located in the per-camera settings now and should give you even more control than the TB1 bloom. For instance, you can control:
    Bloom Brightness, this sets the brightness value for the pixels to bloom out.This is the same as bloom gamma in TB1.
    Color and intensity can be set with the color picker box. This one input takes the place of master bloom, and the RGB bloom sliders (does the same thing but easier/takes up less space).
    Bloom size can be set with the size slider. This is new for TB2.

If the entire frame is getting washed out your bloom brightness is probably set too high, your bloom size too high, or both. Try playing with the settings and if you still can’t get the desired result, please post some screenshots.

odd_enough wrote: »
    This may have been mentioned already, but an option to transform lock an object or camera would make my life easier. Something like a lock icon next to the eye (visibility) icon in the project tree.

Wanted to automate object presentation. I can create another camera, but I sometimes forget to switch back to the main camera to make adjustments, or I load the file after awhile and forget which camera is supposed to not move.

Just some security to go along with the unicorn farts that this program produces T2YBSwv1yZ8yml0Tvj204KOyWDApS_wqR4JjElntAy0xb3Jk0rH42wTyfMcE6wg6msSXJSGtBfsoj67wxxtcIrO1S4-NqqYtCKfz9jyqVVoMGWxEXzKhuZEfeA

This is on the todo list, so its just a matter of when we get the time to add it.

• odd_enough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odd_enough polycounter lvl 9

This is on the todo list, so its just a matter of when we get the time to add it.

Awesome, thanks for the update :)
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Sorry, I don’t think there is currently. I assume you want just your mesh to rotate while everything else remains static?
    Yes. When you have a solid color background, that's the easiest way to show how your textures look when the mesh is moving through light. I think that's harder to show when the light is linked to the mesh. I hope that makes sense.

One way would be to allow the lights above the scene hierarchy or simply add a "Static" checkbox in the light's properties. But I'll let you wizards figure it out, either way it would be a really useful feature! :)
  • --E--
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    --E-- polycounter lvl 11
    Any ETA on the next update? It's been awhile since the last one. I am getting pretty anxious to try out the tangent space vector displacement maps! :poly136:
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    --E-- wrote: »
    Any ETA on the next update? It's been awhile since the last one. I am getting pretty anxious to try out the tangent space vector displacement maps! :poly136:

and refraction shader...
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    --E-- wrote: »

Should be fairly soon now, though tangent space VD maps are in 2.02. Please let me know if you're having problems using them.
    MM wrote: »
    and refraction shader...

Sorry, but I don't think the refraction shader will make it in for 2.03. I don't have a full changelog here but I think its mostly bug fixes, and Dota 2 shader support.