Home Dota 2

Dota 2 workshop monthly unnoficial competition #9 - October

Replies

• Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    no crowded itens going well

great point on the lantern, should we try to look for all the exceptions or just add a no weapon and consider the lantern a weapon?

it may hurt i think =]
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    Wait we can always do items for the least played heroes, or the least items added on heroes. That would be like Husk, Weaver, Dark Seer, Brewmaster, Dazzle, Clinx, Earth, Pugna, Ursa, Skel King, Ogre, Shadow Demon, etc.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    Tvidotto wrote: »
    no crowded itens going well

great point on the lantern, should we try to look for all the exceptions or just add a no weapon and consider the lantern a weapon?

it may hurt i think =]

does the character attack with that slot? if yes, then it is a weapon and is not allowed i'd say
  • Insaneophobia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    Well, I mean he waves it around for one of his abilities so not really.
  • Zaphk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zaphk polycounter lvl 7
    I wasn't implying that the beginners just give concepts and the skilled does the rest. I only meant that beginners do work with more experienced people so when the person submits his work to the team he will get a skilled person's perspective.
    Uh, yeah, I know. Actually I was talking about cagdasx44's "share an idea, wait for the artist to finish the item and earn -only- 30% of it."
    Very convenient, huh.
    Learning from reading or videos isn't really the same as learning from a person. In the process of making the items, the group would have immediate criticism.

I agree, but I don't know many artists who are lucky enough to have someone to teach then for free every time they want.
    Everyone have their own methods to learn. Try and error works fine for me and I actually learn when I make mistakes.
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zaphk wrote: »
    Uh, yeah, I know. Actually I was talking about cagdasx44's "share an idea, wait for the artist to finish the item and earn -only- 30% of it."
    Very convenient, huh.

I was talking about giving an idea to skilled folks and the skilled ones can share their wip with newbies.

By wip ı mean details so that newbies can ask questions about baking progress and scuplting. With this newbies can learn about this parts and they can use their new information with their own items.
    (sorry for bad english)
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Btw does Bounty hunter's shuriken count as weapon because it is in shoulder slot
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    cagdasx44 wrote: »
    Btw does Bounty hunter's shuriken count as weapon because it is in shoulder slot

i think that bh shuriken item is crowded in any case, no matter if u see it as weapon or not!^^
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cagdasx44 wrote: »
    I was talking about giving an idea to skilled folks and the skilled ones can share their wip with newbies.

By wip ı mean details so that newbies can ask questions about baking progress and scuplting. With this newbies can learn about this parts and they can use their new information with their own items.
    (sorry for bad english)

that is the idea of the streams, you can go there and see the other guys working, you can ask you doubts or how he would solve a problem that you are having

----

about the theme, can we go for that single item idea of the not crowded itmns?

the shurikin was a good point, we can also limit slots that can have an extra weapon, like the shoulder on bounty hunter and the back on lone druid, they could be used for other kind of itens that are not weapons, like the cauldron that uses the same slot of the weapon but its totally random (and awesome),
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto can ı submit my head item for lion.
    I know that head is a crowded slot but lions head changed so there are very few items for lions new head.
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    Tvi, just go ahead with what you have atm. Decide and I am sure all will be fine with it. In the case something needs to be added/adjusted to the competition, it can be done quickly.

Today is 7th already! Alliances and collaborations need to be made :D
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    i would be up for collaboration.
    here is my workshop link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010045993/myworkshopfiles/?appid=570
    my polycount concept/collabo/workshop thread:
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126669

would love to take part! just contact me ;)
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok guys! prepare to have week brake ended =]

going to create the new thread and list the items on this one
  • heckaa
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    guy! i finished updating the entries for this month on the first posts, let me know if im missing anyone

there is 3 finished ones that was not added yet by not folowing the default code, as soon as they update i will add them
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    Vessel of Healing by Blue

268x268.resizedimage
  • ponyplop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prophet, I just saw your treant summon in the diretide chest! congratz :D

And great work on the Warlock torchbearer, it's great to see these get ingame so soon!
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vessel of Healing by Blue

268x268.resizedimage

ty

going to get some guy to help us voting on the final winners of the handplane licenses
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok guys! for this month we got another awesome judges =]

GodBlessMali, that worked with some professional teams and now is working at the chinese 2P
    Andrea "Motenai"Orioli, veteran at game art and also artist on the workshop http://www.andrea-orioli.com/
    Hai Phan another veteran on games but not into the workshop, so we can get a different point of view. http://haikai.cghub.com/
    Lila Miez art department at JoinDota. if you like their courier now you know who concept it =]

the winning rank is based on points given to the voting, the follow that order: 1st get 100, 2nd gets 50, third 25, 4th - 12 and 5th 6

1st place with 150 points - Iron Clad Golen!! by Airborn studios (omg again airborn? =])

2nd place and 3rd place with 112 points - Invincible Fiery Warhorse by K-Pax and Hallowed horde by prophet 9 and stefco

4th place with 103 points- Mokkin the ancient Conductor by Zaphk and Onilolz

congrats guys!!

and here are some words from Hai Phan and Lila

Hai Phan

1. The Hallowed Horde by Prophet9 and Stefco
    This seems like a really fun item. I appreciate all the work that went into this and how it ties into both the character and the season (while still working for any occasion).

2. Ironclad Golem by Airborn Studios and Ken
    I like how readable this character is, and the design and execution is good.

3. Darkness runner (mount) by mihalceanu
    Nicely executed. An interesting design that complements the character.

4. Invincible Fiery Warhorse by K-Pax
    One of the strongest pieces in execution, but the design is a bit too much for me which kept it from the top rankings.

5. Screaming Skulls by Hunter
    A really neat idea that fits well with the character's ability.

Lila

Mokkin, because I really liked it at first sight. shapes of everything are just appealing to me and they are kind of "balanced" and easy to read.The only thing I am not that fond of is the colours, because it changes the overall colour scheme of disruptor.

Ironclad golem because I like the owlish mask and how it blends into horns. sadly it seems one cannot see much of that pretty face ingame.

the ward. it's a ward. it's a simple and symbolish thingy but very appropriate. I also like the shapes here.

The pumpkins because they are pretty and cuddly.

oh and the darkness runner because it's a good mixture: it is different from default chaos knight but it's still chaos knight AND readable...I personally somehow miss the tail a little

I'd also like to point out that I like the idea of that spidery pugna thingy although I think it could be executed in a better way

• kendmd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kendmd polycounter lvl 5
    Hey Thiago, one correction, the Ironclad Golem was a collab between Neox and myself. Thanks ^^