Home General Discussion

Guns You Own

Replies

• Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    I missed on this thread the first time around.:poly127:

After I served in a jury earlier this year (armed bank robbery with prior home invasions), I went and got a handgun for my birthday. It was a pretty solid deal for a police trade in, and works like a champ.
    2014-04-07%20at%2022.06.19.jpg

A little later I started putting together my AR. I've got a vertical grip coming in this week, and still need to get her zeroed in. Then I can take some better photos.
    2014-07-14%20at%2018.58.52.jpg

After that I've already got eyes on an AK. Hopefully I can get one before they tell everyone to stop having fun.
    Speaking of fun- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgpEuCUm6SE
  • littleclaude
  • Joost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joost polycount sponsor
    Price is $215,000.00 with buyer paying shipping and tax stamp.
    o_O
  • GarageBay9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GarageBay9 polycounter lvl 13
    komaokc wrote: »
    o_O

That's actually a good price for a transferable M134.

They aren't exactly thick on the ground.
  • peanut™
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ polycounter lvl 19
    komaokc wrote: »
    o_O

Yeah but unlike the movies this is used on a 2 000 000.00$ helicopter ...

T2JDHandheldMinigun-9.jpg
  • commador
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    commador polycounter lvl 14
    Just for fun, the cheapest I could find .308 currently is 55 cents per round. If you run the motor as slow as it will go to fire an m134 for one minute, it would cost $1100. But if you could afford the gun in the first place I guess that really wouldn't be an issue.
  • littleclaude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    littleclaude quad damage
    What's the difference between a Aimpoint and a EOTECH?

In a battle is it not better to have an Aimpoint because if you are jumping around in the mud you can just pop the sight caps? Although maybe I am empathising my wet muddy European location to the rest of the world and its not such an issue in a dryer location?

Also does the EOTECH have a magnified sight? or is that the point that its more a close combat accessory?

Picture-4.png
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    they're two completely different types of sight i think. the Aimpoint looks like a small magnified zoom lens, which would give great precision at short range. the EOTech looks like a reflex sight which is very useful when on the move a lot/in a close firefight.
  • Joost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joost polycount sponsor
    Based on my limited knowledge from playing games, the eotech is for close quarters and quick target acquisition so it has a wide peripheral view. The aimpoint would be really bad for CQC because you're limited to a small fraction of your view. Whereas the eotech has no magnification so it's not great for mid range.

Also this
    649802.jpg
  • littleclaude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    littleclaude quad damage
    I see thanks guys, always good to know these things. Also thanks for the EOTech image with the caps on.
  • GarageBay9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GarageBay9 polycounter lvl 13
    They are both short-range scopes, they simply use different formats of zero-parallax reflex optics.

An ACOG would be long-range and difficult for close shooting. It is a magnified optic, whereas the other two are not.
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    My nasty sweat-soaked rust bucket:

15404059017_eb151d70b5_o.jpg

In 1990 I sold my Yugoslavian Mark X Interarms .30-06 ( along with my industrial Hobart mixer ) to afford my first computer.
    The 9 mm was a miserable ball n chain of an oppressive nightmare part of my life.

The .30-06 "cannon!" On the other hand...
    was conversely a very joyful/explosive experience I really miss.
    Considering how relatively cheap they are, I would recommend the Appalachians this fall in combination with this rifle for an awesome/positive gun experience.
    ( deer hunting starts here after Thanksgiving. And even if yer anti-hunting I still recommend firing this cannon deep in the woods if for nothing else than the experience of vegetation for yards bending turbulently in it's wake! )

This thread reminds me that I had a deal with the friend I sold it to who desperately wanted it. Part of the bargain being he would let me have use during the fall season. :)
  • repete
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6
    Could not resist :poly121:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zONMBOFNKXI"]Bill Maher mocks stupid Americans who carry guns around in public - YouTube[/ame]