Home Dota 2

Dota 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• HntrLuc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HntrLuc polycounter lvl 18
    onilolz, lennyagony - awesome lich sets!

I made a new head piece for BH over the last few days. I've been thinking for a while it'd be cool to uncover the bottom of his face and put something over the top half.

P.S. thanks again for the size crits on my previous SK sword everyone, i resubmitted a smaller version today :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=131157749
    bh_ingame.jpg
  • mrpresident
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mrpresident polycounter lvl 10
    I love that beard with the eyepatch, by themselves I think each part would be ok but together they're awesome. I didn't think it was possible to make BH look even more badass :P Nice work!
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    That is badass hunter. Ima pimp that on gaf. They will love it
  • HntrLuc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HntrLuc polycounter lvl 18
    thanks mr.president! :D

wow thanks anuxi! thats really cool of you :)
  • Paskie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow! That really makes BH look grim! Awesome! 10/10 would buy.

I got the testclient to work again (had to reinstall) and snagged some footage from ingame with the mount.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXqWh-x8nDg"]Valron the frost guardian - YouTube[/ame]

Custom particles:poly142:
    It's now confirmed that by doing the same procedure as we do to test our items ingame. We can try out our custom particle files by renaming the default one and copy over your custom made and using the same name as the default. So i guess it's time to get our particlesystems running again. :)
  • Shooo~
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shooo~ polycounter lvl 7
    jTnrHvU.png
    Dazzle ward.
    Need to change something in your opinion ?
  • Pierate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pierate polycounter lvl 15
    So I've run into an issue, I just got done skinning an item to the bones and then realized i had forgotten to set the pivot point to 0,0,0, is there any way to do this without causing the object the be moved by the skin modifier? In 3ds max. Maybe it's really simple and I just can't figure out, simply adjusting the pivot does not work though and I'd prefer not having to redo the skinning.

edit: Nevermind, I was clearly not thinking properly earlier.
  • Largs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shooo~ wrote: »
    jTnrHvU.png
    Dazzle ward.
    Need to change something in your opinion ?

It should have more pink parts, but it's the model is just perfect
  • zicoV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Started working on this a few days ago when i was messing around with zbrush and made something that looked a little bit like sand kings head so i just rolled with it :)

armorwip01.jpg

What do you think ?
  • Gamer_Alien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zicoV wrote: »
    Started working on this a few days ago when i was messing around with zbrush and made something that looked a little bit like sand kings head so i just rolled with it :)

armorwip01.jpg

What do you think ?

the thing with making items for insects ( weaver , sk , brood , nyx etc.) is that its hard to make an item that will stand out and give the hero a different appearance.

i dont see how your model is different from the original sand king , not because it's bad, but because im a human and i cant differentiate insects with different clothing.
  • shellnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys! This is my new Huskar warrior set in action.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=131098172
    [ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrhC-miBHfI[/ame]
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BrontoThunder polycounter lvl 13
    > Get a new comment on my Sniper goggles.
    > "ХУЙ В РОТ ЕМУ ПРИДЕЛАЙТЕ И ЗАЛЕЙТЕ, ЗАЕБАЛИ"
    > Google translate as usual
    > "Dick in his mouth to attach and fill, get in a jam"

Amazing.
  • mrpresident
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mrpresident polycounter lvl 10
    > Get a new comment on my Sniper goggles.
    > "ХУЙ В РОТ ЕМУ ПРИДЕЛАЙТЕ И ЗАЛЕЙТЕ, ЗАЕБАЛИ"
    > Google translate as usual
    > "Dick in his mouth to attach and fill, get in a jam"

Amazing.

Nearly fell out of my chair.

Thanks for making my night :) Or should I thank the russian troll?
  • sadies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, Hunter's wife here heh... I go by 'rabies' in the workshop.

Been working on the rigging & animation of the Llama courier that he started quite a while ago. I've got experience in modeling/texturing, but pretty much close to none in rigging and animation, so a lot of time was spent learning it all. :poly136:

Finally making some headway! Here's a preview of some of the flying cycles -- an idle, fly, and fly haste.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcMGyjZqtFk"]Dota 2 - Llama Courier - Animation Preview - YouTube[/ame]

Here's a shot of it with some updated textures from Hunter :poly124:
    dota2_llama6.jpg
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh my goodness.. that llama is the greatest thing ever.

I had seen the progress so long ago and was wondering what had happened to it, so glad to see it's coming along so well! The animations really bring so much life to it.

I'll be buying this day one!
  • A1mb0t
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A1mb0t polycounter lvl 9
    The llama is just adorable, great work. Also good job with the animations!
  • Paskie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Omg! Dat llama! I was also wondering what became of that one. Look at those little feet! So awesome! My daughter will also love this one :)

80-ties Llama approves :thumbup:
    Hipster-llama-l.jpg
  • Andyk125
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 polycounter lvl 4
    sadies wrote: »

Been working on the rigging & animation of the Llama courier that he started quite a while ago. I've got experience in modeling/texturing, but pretty much close to none in rigging and animation, so a lot of time was spent learning it all. :poly136:

Finally making some headway! Here's a preview of some of the flying cycles -- an idle, fly, and fly haste.

Dota 2 - Llama Courier - Animation Preview - YouTube

OMG!!! Amazing work, that box idea with the wings was the same I had for my Hyena courier :) glad I changed it otherwise it will probably not look as good as this one..

First courier I will defently think of buying!

Now my BH set got into the game I'm thinking of finishing my Hyena as well :)
  • BenHenry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BenHenry polycounter lvl 11
    That Llama! Holy shiznizzles, best courier ever.
  • Coyo.Te
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te polycounter lvl 4
    The llama is frickin awesome. props to that, really good job
  • penOr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    penOr polycounter lvl 7
    That courier is amazing, just everything looks perfect. Very inspiring! Would love to do a courier one day =)
  • Jequito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jequito polycounter lvl 4
    Hello everyone. Iv been lurking around this forum for quite some time now learning and i want to start out with a venomancer set. I have an armour concept that is meant to be scavenged by veno since he lives in the forests. The wood will be mossy and have vines and moss around it. Any criticism would be great.

EAclyoD.jpg
  • vikk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vikk0 polycounter lvl 6

dota2_llama6.jpg

Man, this is freaking awesome! I've been following your work with this llama for some time, and I'd definetely buy it!
    You could also print it in a fly haste pose!
    Amazing job, congratulations :)
  • Andyk125
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 polycounter lvl 4
    Finished the Augury's Guardian ward I have been working on with Helenek, check it out at the workshop:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=131427672&searchtext=

Just can't stop looking at that Lama, everytime I visit the forums :)

P.s. Don't judge the artwork it's my first drawing, with some 3d help :p

2S09IWg.jpg
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6

dota2_llama6.jpg

The courier looks awesome, but the animations need some polishing, not bad for someone "pretty much close to none" animation experience. Add some overlap to the scarf and clean up the tail and its golden!
  • sadies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bronto, A1mb0t, Paskie, Andyk, BenHenry, Coyo.Te, pen0r, vikk0 -- thanks a ton :O !!

Andyk & AndrewHelenek -- Sweet work on the new ward, the colours and anims are hypnotizing me heh

And thanks for the crits Andrew! Loved your work especially on Cluckles :D I've had training in 2d animation so that helped a lot in transitioning to 3d. I'll be sure to give some more love to the scarf and tail, thanks again!
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod

dota2_llama6.jpg

:O dat llama! I LOVE it. I like the animations too, lots of personality. great work you two!
  • Quinnjdq
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jequito wrote: »
    Hello everyone. Iv been lurking around this forum for quite some time now learning and i want to start out with a venomancer set. I have an armour concept that is meant to be scavenged by veno since he lives in the forests. The wood will be mossy and have vines and moss around it. Any criticism would be great.

EAclyoD.jpg

ehh, I am not so sure I like the idea of giving Veno wooden armor and stuff, it just seems a bit out of his character. Honestly I think its better to just try to make body parts that look like actually new body parts on him or try to shoot for less armorer armor. Veno pretty much hates everyone and lives in a Poisson jungle. I doubt he would need or want armor.
  • Zaphk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zaphk polycounter lvl 7
    Omg...that llama.
    The little tail and paws... It so freaking cute, I need to buy it!
    Great work!
  • Primrose~
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Primrose~ triangle
  • darkartsofneko
    progress7_zps8a570e99.png

Still picking away at my crystal maiden set, the shoulders and the arms are pretty much done, just have to fine tune the rigging for the shoulders and create the masks
    I just did my hair normal/texture, and I'm fairly pleased, but I'm not sure if she looks blonde enough. I don't want to make her too blonde so that it's like.. yellow or white, but I'm not sure if I've pushed her far enough yet. I don't know, I've never really done blonde hair before, so I'm not sure what color pallet to use. Any suggestions or tips would be great.
  • iniside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iniside polycounter lvl 6
    Demonologist_set.jpg

Warlock Set.
    Dunno if I should reake to to make it more polished or leave it in rough state. I like rough it give it some stylized look.
  • Kramolnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gladiator all set is done (video ) (All set)

Many ppl talk that out of theme, but I like this set... in the game I look at the character, not at his history.

All_art_2.jpg
  • RoqueDemon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RoqueDemon polycounter lvl 6
    Kramolnik wrote: »
    Gladiator all set is done (video ) (All set)

Many ppl talk that out of theme, but I like this set... in the game I look at the character, not at his history.

All_art_2.jpg

It's true that in-game you look at the character and nothing else but that's why the character needs to be recognized at a glance. Your set makes that impossible.
  • Coyo.Te
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te polycounter lvl 4
    I dont think people mean to talk your set down because of the character history but rather the design theme. And as far as I read the comments, no one is talking it down, they rather give advice. :)

The design philosophy of valves dota2 just seems to be different to your set. Its not a bad set nor is it ugly or anything, as far as I see and understand it, your set might differ too much art-stylewise. It is very detailed which is in contrast to a more, and I hate to say the word but I dont know a better way to describe it, cartoony look of dota2 ingame. It is not a cartoony in a traditional way so dont get it too wrong, but colors and texturing follows certain guidelines. It has to do with readability, recognition and linking things together on a visible level.
    Dota 2 happens most time from a top down view so many details get lost in the process, in order to make your set appealing and proper appearing ingame you might wanna think a bit more chunky so to speak, most of the items are reduced to their main, core features when its comes to visibility and readability. Because dota2 is mostly happening in game, the preview or the loadout screen for the chars is a bit misleading when it comes to design choices. The Dota2 Character Art guide is a good place to get some more detailed idea what I am trying to transport here :)

But maybe I am all wrong here and other users mean something else. just trying to make sense here. ^^
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    omg, its impossible to follow the thead these days

so much nice works and a lot of couriers =]

came here to share the update on the panda courier, i was testing the wings on the ground version to make it different from the lone druid´s panda

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww03ob63xxY"]Panda courier WIP - in game view - YouTube[/ame]

what you guys think? with or without the wings?
  • I-ninja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I-ninja polycounter lvl 5
    Hmm something's not right here all the items in my set are coming out like this
    53482088.jpg
    Does anyone know why it's like this?
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like an issue with your alpha map.

Are you exporting your textures as 32 bit or 24 bit?
  • I-ninja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like an issue with your alpha map.

Are you exporting your textures as 32 bit or 24 bit?
    32bit
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your color maps should only be 24bit unless you're using alpha.
  • I-ninja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your color maps should only be 24bit unless you're using alpha.

Thx Bronto I owe you one
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    I'm making some things for Chaos Knight which will be staying in high poly form for a while until his requirements are properly released.

It's interesting to think of the kinds of damage an item could take in the world of Dota 2. Swords, arrows, fire magic, ice magic, time magic, bullets, claws, spears, bites, explosions, hammers, axes, machetes, spikes, swarms of bugs, etc

Wj40gUN.jpg
  • Jequito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jequito polycounter lvl 4
    Looks awesome. I'm a big fan of Chaos Knight myself and i would love to see this on him. Also you have a good point about the damage the items could have.
  • MechBgum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Me and shoo revamped our old dazzle ward with new model and animations.
    Feel free to rate.

dazzle_arcane.jpg
  • uberphoenix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    uberphoenix polycounter lvl 8
    Anyone know why QoPs texture is doing this?

mr3oZgn.png

I simply added it as a diffuse to the material in max, and it looks fine in the viewport but the sphere and render looks like this

EDIT - It does this in the viewport also if you have the material set to "Show Hardware map in viewport"
  • marul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    marul polycounter lvl 7
    Finally finished my Juggernaut set. I'm so exhausted, I need a vacation :S

Steam Workshop Page

9863932C669B336BCA2341FD1072558BCBFEB9AA
  • BenHenry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BenHenry polycounter lvl 11
    Why is the picture of his back blurred out?
  • DashXero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DashXero polycounter lvl 11
    I'm experiencing a rather odd error... Every time I try to submit an item to the workshop, I get an error page telling me that the item doesn't exist or that I've removed it. This happens instead of the page where revenue share is finalized.

I don't get it. I've managed to submit three of five items today, but I can't submit any more...

What gives? The items themselves show up fine in the preview window... I don't understand what's going on...
  • bQvle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just finished my first item,

I haven't touched any 3D application for the past 9 years, I wanted to work with it back then, but got involved in another business, and unfortunately I never really "got back to it". But watching Anuxi's stream it just started itching inside me! And I had to give it a go.

ZBrush was tough, since I've never worked with it! but I followed this 10 Lesson tutorial which i can really recommend if your new to ZBrush.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie4Od4eoh-U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie4Od4eoh-U[/ame]

High Poly (My first "tool" hopefully my sculpting skills will improve as I get comftable with zbrush)
    high.jpg

And here is the result:
    preview.jpg
    preview2.jpg
  • marul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    marul polycounter lvl 7
    DashXero wrote: »
    I'm experiencing a rather odd error... Every time I try to submit an item to the workshop, I get an error page telling me that the item doesn't exist or that I've removed it. This happens instead of the page where revenue share is finalized.

I don't get it. I've managed to submit three of five items today, but I can't submit any more...

What gives? The items themselves show up fine in the preview window... I don't understand what's going on...

That could be a problem with your internet connection, try not to download anything (or watch youtube videos etc.) while uploading the files. Also try renaming your file when resubmitting.