Art Rip? - Check to see if you have your work here

• Offline / Send Message
  • 4.7K Replies
Hey to all,

Came across this gallery here: http://j-century.deviantart.com/

I'm not sure what is going on with the Soul Calibur characters as well Enzio and Resident Evil characters, but there it goes, if anyone wanted a heads up as to their work being ripped off...or something.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I thought Enzio was modeled by some talented bloke at Ubi in Montreal, and not by someone in Malaysia.

Replies

• xvampire
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 1.5K Replies
  • Del
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 876 Replies
    ~ It happens. Just a big cry for attention by people hoping to get interweb love. Don't look into it too much.
  • r_fletch_r
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 3K Replies
    Dreamer wrote: »
    ~ It happens. Just a big cry for attention by people hoping to get interweb love. Don't look into it too much.

Totally, its not like these folks will get in anyones way for a job. This seems to be the Videogames worlds version of Poser 'Art'.
  • TortillaChips
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 573 Replies
    Interesting, the person does claim to ripping models and changing them for rendering.. on some of them. On others there's no info but for some he claims he makes them, sometimes makes them in a day, sometimes 2 if it's a complicated model. Only uses 3dsmax and photoshop, says he has no knowledge of ZBrush. Says some of them are made as a team though..? On one model it says: Polys : 179,167 Verts : 99,469 256x256 Diffuse, Normal and Alpha Map.

Also has some strange responses to comments like:

"how many polygons/tris?"
    "I think It's quite much, I didn't notice the polygons."

"Please make a tutorial . You did it really fast ! Please !...."
    "LoL I haven't reached that level yet, dude."

"a quick question, is it rigged? eek.gif"
    "What mean rigged?"

"what modeling technique do you use?"
    "Modeling Technique ? What did you mean?"

Interesting stuff to look at indeed. Mind = blown. The thing is that for some of them I could tell that they weren't ripped from a game, but then where else does he get them from?
  • leilei
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 1.4K Replies
    Totally from MVC3. This too. And yes, he is even crediting Rexil as the original artist as that's the art thief we were discussing not too long ago.

It's Rip Ahf Baby!
  • LRoy
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 1.6K Replies
    http://j-century.deviantart.com/art/Lise-the-Rogue-254097240?q=gallery%3Aj-century%2F25278179&qo=29

Polys : 179,167
    Verts : 99,469

256x256 Diffuse, Normal and Alpha Map.

...What?
  • Bibendum
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 746 Replies
    Probably turbosmoothed it a few dozen times.

edit: oh wow 256x256, impressive
  • JasonLavoie
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 2.7K Replies
    DAAMMNNNN he's really good!
  • xvampire
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 1.5K Replies
    and he just started 3d since april 2011 ! osom! :D
  • MikeF
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 1.3K Replies
    i just had a quick glance at things so sorry if this is OT, but has anyone else noticed that the majority of art thievery happens to be character art? whats that all about?

(ya i know the majority of people want to get into character art, but c'mon, why doesnt anyone rip of enviro artists?!)
  • DEElekgolo
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 671 Replies
    You guys are just jealous~
  • Pedro Amorim
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 3K Replies
    I made Enzio. That's my site. I'm that good.
  • DEElekgolo
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 671 Replies
    I wish my art was good enough to be stolen...
  • leilei
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 1.4K Replies
    OH NO HES TAKING A BREAK FROM 3D!

Notice that the XNALara community crossovers with this dude....
  • elGuapo
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 75 Replies
    leilei wrote: »
    OH NO HES TAKING A BREAK FROM 3D!

Notice that the XNALara community crossovers with this dude....

Ripping art takes time.
  • oXYnary
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 4.7K Replies
    MikeF wrote: »
    i just had a quick glance at things so sorry if this is OT, but has anyone else noticed that the majority of art thievery happens to be character art? whats that all about?

(ya i know the majority of people want to get into character art, but c'mon, why doesnt anyone rip of enviro artists?!)

We give enviro props out for free and we still cant get them stolen!
  • ikken
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 411 Replies
    oh DA ~ ~
  • skankerzero
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 2.7K Replies
    I know all my BloodRayne 2 art has been ripped.

I personally don't care. Technically the art doesn't belong to me and I have all the source files should I ever have to prove that I modeled it one day.

It's fun seeing what they do with them.
  • Andreas
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 5.2K Replies
    http://j-century.deviantart.com/art/First-time-in-Maya-252468822?q=gallery%3Aj-century%2F25278179&qo=59

The description of this entry made me chuckle. Not a bad attempt for a first-timer!
  • Blaizer
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 1.9K Replies
    This kind of rippers are everywhere :D, there are also those that plays with our work, aka frankenstein style LOL and that's worse.

This is not an artist, just a fan of games ripping their content because he loves it. There are communities specialized in ripping the content of Unreal Engine games such as Tera, or Blade & Soul.

Deviant should not tolerate this kind of things, but if you look better, that site is full of stupids and arrogant kids with too much ego, so report is the best solution. They think the internet is so huge... and their actions will always be noticed lol

Wanna kill his moral? report him massively. He will be surely banned.

http://help.deviantart.com/contact/ <--- policy inquiry, just do it
  • Andreas
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 5.2K Replies
    Bibendum wrote: »
    edit: oh wow 256x256, impressive

Oh wow we gotta get him in to do a texture workshop with us!! Maybe he has the time now cause he's taking a break from 3d...
    Dumbass wrote:
    And damned because of some mistake on UVW map, it make my model looks like piece of shit

Haha!
  • makecg
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 1.1K Replies
    Haha he is just importing models into maya or whatever software he does not even know what a Polygon is.. he said it is his hobby but wouldn't you want to learn everything about your hobby ?

_
  • Nitewalkr
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 3.2K Replies
    DEElekgolo wrote: »
    I wish my art was good enough to be stolen...

it doesnt really matter. From what I can see is that anyone's art gets stolen or could get stolen and be changed for some other project if think about it.

for example:

Thief = Assassin's Creed
  • Dante
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 49 Replies
    its funny he has 102 models in his devian art page, he is 24 according to his facebook page. lets say he is incredibly talented, has all the time in the world and needed 4 weeks for each model, that would take him 8 1/2 years of modeling without a break xD so what he wants to say he started with 15 1/2 all those projects? when did he started learning? with 11? mega lol

this definitely made my day xD
  • Elyaradine
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 338 Replies
    Not that he did this, but maybe one could get a polycount that's so high by taking the 256x256 texture where each pixel is a different colour, and then unwrap each texel onto the texture. Basically, kinda like polypaint, except by unwrapping to a unique colour on a texture rather than actual painting.

That'd work, right? :P I mean, you'd have to be crazy, but it could happen. <_<
  • Nitewalkr
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 3.2K Replies
    makecg wrote: »
    Haha he is just importing models into maya or whatever software he does not even know what a Polygon is.. he said it is his hobby but wouldn't you want to learn everything about your hobby ?

_

Yes you should, but if he uses Daz, than I exactly know where this fuckin epic modeling and texturing is coming from. We dont have to kick him in the balls and tell him that we know who he is. The entry level art test will do it for us.

Besides I dont know if he cares much about your comment. =/
  • Andreas
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 5.2K Replies
    Dante wrote: »
    its funny he has 102 models in his devian art page, he is 24 according to his facebook page. lets say he is incredibly talented, has all the time in the world and needed 4 weeks for each model, that would take him 8 1/2 years of modeling without a break xD so what he wants to say he started with 15 1/2 all those projects? when did he started learning? with 11? mega lol

this definitely made my day xD

Was doing all that math worth it? ;P
  • TortillaChips
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 573 Replies
    Yeah finally, my page views reached 10,000 !!!

Thanks to everyone! My fellow friends, my watchers and all the visitors !!!

Thank you so much for bring me to 10k page views happybounce.gif
  • whats_true
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 1.2K Replies
    I had someone steal my artwork while I was in school.

Problem was we were in the same class together when he showed "his" art work.

I never felt so proud and laughed so hard hahah. He got kicked out suffice to say X)
  • TheWinterLord
    • Offline / Send Message
    • 1.4K Replies
    Haha thats awesome whats_true! :)
This discussion has been closed.