Home General Discussion

Say goodbye to your head, wanker!

Replies

• glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saw my first hat drop today. Still getting one item per day on average, but mostly old items that I already had, not new.

Still, playing spy with the deadringer is the most fun I've had in this game in months. You really get to be a sneaky bastard with that thing.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    glib wrote: »
    Still, playing spy with the deadringer is the most fun I've had in this game in months. You really get to be a sneaky bastard with that thing.

The two spy items are awesome, but I love the Cloak and Dagger the most. Spies used to be nearly useless on large games on maps like 2fort since the corridors into the base are always being pyro spy checked and you're always running out of cloak at the ends anyways. With the Cloak and Dagger you don't have to risk running around in disguise and getting spy checked anyways, you can sit still and invisible, backstab anyone as the opportunity arises, and get DEEP behind enemy lines. Absolutely love it, it really makes the spy what he ought to be. Think that item alone makes the class perfect.

As for the huntsman I have the feeling it's a lot more powerful than the sniper rifle. I've died with legshots from that thing. Still haven't found it though. :(
  • JakeJK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Huntsman does more damage than the sniper.. The drawback is, that you can't zoom and there is of course a delay on your shots that makes it a little bit harder to hit than using the sniper riffle. I'm still waiting for the Dead ringer.. sounds like ton of fun :)
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    got both the huntsman and dead ringer. and flare gun level 10.
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No unlocks today or last night :(.
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
    I played most of the weekend and a bit this week and manage to get my self about 4 weps so far. The dead ringer,the kritzkrieg, force a nature and the boxing gloves.
    At first I was really turned off by the dead ringer but after learning how to use it I have to say it's pretty fun, adds a new twist to the spy!
  • sicsided
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    same server, same weird glitch coincidence, except my friend got it today. By the time we were done playing, he had 55 items and had to delete some from his backpack since it was full. All hats, all weapons. I got the glitch for a minute, and received 3 more hats and 4 more weapons. Huntman is bitchin, except getting use to the left side of the screen being filled.
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    sic. That´s a nice glitch. The quicker i get everything the happier i become. I don´t get anything :(

ok well i got a saw..
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    So uh... got an address for that server, Sicsided?
  • sicsided
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    209.246.142.164:27015

Its called The Rabbit Hole. They post that it is 24/7 goldrush, but it isn't. It only seems to happen on that server, and to one or three people, but damn when it happens you know.
  • Mental_Hernia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sicsided wrote: »
    same server, same weird glitch coincidence, except my friend got it today. By the time we were done playing, he had 55 items and had to delete some from his backpack since it was full. All hats, all weapons. I got the glitch for a minute, and received 3 more hats and 4 more weapons. Huntman is bitchin, except getting use to the left side of the screen being filled.

... I've gotten 1 Jarate, Natacha, 2 medic guns, and 1 Sandvich. I'll be playing and I'll see the same person (or multiple) get The Huntsman, Natacha, Razorback, whilst I get nada. They've said that its a bug they're going to fix.. but fix it now, damnit! Oh, and not a single hat either.
  • sicsided
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sucks mate, my friend wasn't getting crap until he got that glitch on the server. It is getting quite ridiculous now, with some getting nothing at all since the update and others getting everything. I would say they should just revert it back to achievements until they can find a fix.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    Apparently the achievement_idle servers are being delisted from the master server.

Also on a side note, it bugs me the bonk juice, sandvich and huntsman all lack descriptions in the setup screen. sandwich and bonk are somewhat obvious what they do. It's just a matter of consistency in my opinion, don't do every item except for a couple of them.