Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelGoat polycounter lvl 12
    I hate good cliffhangers :S
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    Frak that was awesome. I missed it last night, so I DLed and just finished watching. Fantastic episode.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    Gaius balther should have been thrown out of an airlock about 2 seasons back.. and there have been several occasions to throw that annoying turd out of the airlock since.. why exactly is he still in it is beyond me
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    damn i hate waiting 7 days between episodes. There are only 7 left though so man it's ramping up to one hell of a conclusion.
  • GOBEE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GOBEE polycounter lvl 10
    So is Admiral Odama gonna get the airlock treatment next week or what? If so, I'm fuckin' done with this show. You can't kill off Edward James Olmos! C'mon!

Also, has it been confirmed yet that Starbuck is the 5th Cylon? What do you guys think?
  • Campaignjunkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Campaignjunkie polycounter lvl 18
    The 5th Cylon was Tigh's wife. Already confirmed and everything, so Starbuck is something else.

... but anyway DAMN that was a great episode.

EDIT: Oh, and Gaeta is such a little shit, betraying his boyfriend like that. NO REDEMPTION
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    GOBEE wrote: »
    So is Admiral Odama gonna get the airlock treatment next week or what? If so, I'm fuckin' done with this show. You can't kill off Edward James Olmos! C'mon!

Also, has it been confirmed yet that Starbuck is the 5th Cylon? What do you guys think?

You can't kill the "Old Man". I'll bet Saul takes the airlock and the Admiral goes ape shit...on everyone.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax wrote: »
    You can't kill the "Old Man". I'll bet Saul takes the airlock and the Admiral goes ape shit...on everyone.

agreed, it's only a matter of time before Obama hulks out and tears the ship apart with his bear hands.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    watching Odama with the guns and wasting that marine was awesome. This has quickly become my favorite show on tv. Thanks to Cojax for forcing me to watch the season 4 finale last spring.

I have been hooked since.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HA HA I just re-read my last post. That was supposed to be Adama, not Obama. . . though it would be awesome to watch our president turn a dark color of green, and start ripping the Capitol apart. . .

Also, I love how in this last episode, they brought back a ton of old characters, that I'd forgotten about, but had wondered about when they were on the first time. It's great to see it all starting to come together.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man what an episode. Nothing too over the top but solid. Next week the 5th cylon returns. Hells yeah!
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    I was like ahh, I can't believe they pulled that, but figures... Nice episode though.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    this season is sooooo good! I don't want it to end :(
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good episode, not as much Admiral based shooting as I was hoping for, but still good.
  • coldkodiak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    coldkodiak polycounter lvl 17
    Lee3dee wrote: »
    this season is sooooo good! I don't want it to end :(

a part of me is glad that is seems to be at least ending on such a high note.

This series will be one of the best ever made easily.
  • Campaignjunkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What I want to know is, what the hell was Roslin saying - it sounded like "eye-teeth"? Eh?
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    So many fantastic moments in this ep. Roslin going completely apeshit, Apollo being a badass again, Lampkin stabbing the Marine with his PEN.
    Gaeta's very last line was a nice touch, too.

also, Mary McDonnell is amazing.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    yup was pretty cool. Yes she said eye teeth. If you really want something and would be prepared to sacrifice a lot to get it, you would give your eye teeth for it. It would be akin to saying I'd give my left nut for that..
  • GOBEE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GOBEE polycounter lvl 10
    Soo glad Gaeta finally got what was coming to him. I couldn't stand that guy. I only wish that Admiral Odama took him out himself, Boondock Saints style. Wishful thinking on my part though.

It's funny when I talked to my friends about this show, 'cuz they have either never heard of it or just don't care to watch it. But if they watched it from the first or second season, they would realize this is the best frackin' show on television. Hands down..THE.. BEST. Sucks to see it end.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    She wasn't saying she was going to give up her eye teeth, she was saying she was going to fight with every weapon she has, down to her eye teeth if necessary.

I was really hoping to see Roslin rip Zarack's jugular out with her teeth. . . oh well.

So, when Chief disables the FTL, was that a permanent thing? It kind of sounded that way. And WTF was up with the wall he found at the end? with all the gashes in it?
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    the itch, it stopped.
  • jec1183
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jec1183 polycounter lvl 18
    Eye-teeth is just another name for your upper canines. Tumerboy, I think you are correct..... it would have been great to see her kill Zarack with her teeth.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome episode! Edward James Olmos is the man. He's got that thunderous look down to a tee.

Regarding the chief looking at the wall at the end, I think it may just be a sign that the ship is getting old and has suffered too much - it was already commented by a different character earlier in the episode that the ship was falling to pieces... that's my take on it anyway.
  • FicWill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FicWill polycounter lvl 17
    MoP wrote: »
    Regarding the chief looking at the wall at the end, I think it may just be a sign that the ship is getting old and has suffered too much - it was already commented by a different character earlier in the episode that the ship was falling to pieces... that's my take on it anyway.

Perhaps the "dying leader" may well be galactica itself?
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FicWill wrote: »
    Perhaps the "dying leader" may well be galactica itself?

How existential!

Ya, MoP that might be, but it looked like malicious damage, rather than decay or whatever.
  • Campaignjunkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the dying leader is going to be Baltar based on how his character arc is going. He'll finally stop running and start being the Jesus that his cult thinks he is.
  • GOBEE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GOBEE polycounter lvl 10
    My girlfriend thinks on the final episode, we're going to find out that EVERYONE is a Cylon. Which pisses me off cuz she is usually right in predicting what's going to happen in certain shows we watch. If she is right, I hope I didn't kill it for anyone. Then again, anything can happen with BSG.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    that's already been discussed. You've ruined nothing.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In Caprica News:
    If you're still wondering when Caprica, the long-awaited Battlestar Galactica prequel, will finally air on TV, you'll have to wait until 2010. However, you'll be able to watch the two-hour pilot a lot sooner.

In a unique move, the network will release the two-hour pilot of Caprica on DVD April 21 of this year. Fans will be able to get a special sneak peek at the series on the DVD, which will also include special behind-the-scenes featurettes.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just watched EPS 14 of series 4 and I have a boner
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marcus Dublin polycounter lvl 17
    Tom Zarek ordering the execution of the entire Quorum was one of the many classic BSG moments! It's so sad to think that this amazing series is coming to an end. Hopefully the writers will be able to please the fans with a proper send off and not pull a Sopranos!
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know it's sad that it's ending. But imagine how much sadder it would be, if it were like every other fucking show out there, and they just kept GOING and GOING and GOING until it was utter crap. . .

I for one am glad that they set out to make 4 seasons, and they stuck to their guns. Right fucking on!
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marcus Dublin polycounter lvl 17
    Good point, it seems that some of my favorite shows (The Wire) over the past few years knew when to call it quits.

At least I can look forward to the Battlestar spinoff/prequel Caprica. Hopefully it lives up to the quality the main series put forth over the past 4 seasons.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmmm I have serious doubts about how good carprica will be. There was no war for over 20 years.. so it will be just like eastenders...
  • byder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man! Totally, that's what I respect about BSG they are not scared to just kill people... like Zarek ordering the kill on the corum, and Dualla just blowing her self away! Its good, coz it shows a level of realism that most shows avoid coz the don't wanna kill the cast off!

Its getting so fllipping exciting now!! :D
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Admittedly they've always got the Cylon back door if they ever wanted to bring anyone back :P
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Qorum of whiners, good riddance.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Holy Carp, tons of info.... sheeesh.. need to watch it again just to take notes.
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    lol. I was thinking the same thing. So much was revealed all in one episode. Thank god for the DVR...
  • coldkodiak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dekard wrote: »
    Holy Carp, tons of info.... sheeesh.. need to watch it again just to take notes.

qft

Seems like a lot of this will be part of the prequel story for Caprica somehow.

What's interesting is this is just to get this info out of the way. Makes you wonder how its all going to come together in the end.
  • GOBEE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GOBEE polycounter lvl 10
    Hell yea that was a lot of info to take in last night. I had to shake my head a few times to get rid of the cobwebs so I could understand what happened. I don't have Tivo or a DVR so someone please explain in a nutshell what the hell I watched last night.

Also, do any of you think BSG will eventually make it to the big screen? I sure hope so.
  • coldkodiak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    quoted from someone else
    I think that in order to understand this episode we need to remember the phrase – “all this has happened before and it will happen again”

What event is this phrase referring to? In my opinion it is children revolting against their creator.

I believe what prompted the mass exodus from Kobol was the first uprising of Cylons (if they were even called Cylons back then) against Humans. So after the uprising humans and Cylons went each their own way. Humans to the 12 tribes and the Cylons to earth with the resurrection technology. . As time went by the “people” (Cylons) of earth abandon the resurrection technology once they started to procreate by themselves. Story is forgotten and eventually this “people” invent once again their own version of the centurions. And these new centurions are the ones that eventually revel against their creators and destroy earth.
    So “it happened again” for a second time on earth.

So five “people” survive the holocaust because these five had re-discovered the resurrection technology. These five decide to travel back to the 12 colonies to prevent this from happening a third time but the trip back takes a long time and when they arrive to the colonies they find that it is too late because it has happened AGAIN for a third time. All 13 colonies are at war with the rebelled Cylons.

So the Five attempt to stop the war by making a deal with the Cylons. They agree to give them biological bodies and resurrection technology IF they stop the war. The Cylons agree and this marks the end of the first Cylon war and the beginning of the 40 year period in which the Cylons disappear.

A Fourth uprising of Cylons against humans happens “again” when the Cylons attack the twelve colonies for a second time. This attack is apparently led by Cavell (or John) in his quest for vengeance against humanity and the five. The five, by the time of the attack, had been murdered by Cavell introduced into human society with false memories as punishment for having created the biological Cylons in their image and with human weaknesses. The five survive the holocaust and eventually become part of the fleet.

So that’s my take on it.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah coldkodiak that pretty much summed it up nicely.

That is pretty much exactly how I took it.

Now I am curious as to this Daniel version number 7.

What or who starbuck is.

Damn this season is awesome.
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah coldkodiak that pretty much summed it up nicely.

That is pretty much exactly how I took it.

Now I am curious as to this Daniel version number 7.

What or who starbuck is.

Damn this season is awesome.
    The discussion I've read elsewhere is that Starbuck's dad was named daniel and was an artistic-type person.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AHHHH... Well then what would that make her? Product of a cylon? A cylons child? Interesting.

God damn this show is so good.
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It should make her the same as the rest of the five. A child borne naturally of two cylons. The problem is it still doesn't explain her resurrection or rebuild of her ship.

I'm also still on the fence about Baltar The Obvious being daniel. He's gotta be something other than just batshit insane.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha! like the theories above.

Btw, I LOVED John Hodgeman as the quirky brain surgeon. I love that man.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A lot of good theories on here and other sites. This past episode gave us so much back story and history it is insane. I have a feeling it is leading up to something really really big.

Also the Galactica looked pretty beat up. What do you guys think of them using the cylon tech to repair her?

Also how will Boomer and Elen find the fleet? Do they know where they are?
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Well, Adama realized how near death his girl was in his bathroom, so he would probably go as far as to have cylon growths in it.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the inevitable conclusion is that all the humans get assimilated. Resistance is futile after all. . . . oh, wait, wrong show.

Uh. . . ya, actually, I think the cylons and humans will continue to have to mingle more and more until it's one big happy family.