Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    damn I hate waiting for new episodes... this suuuckkkss
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    What did you guys think of this weeks past episode?
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    hmmm just watched it, hmm its not as good as the last, and another uprising starting with the refugees on the ship, seems a little meh and came out of nowhere. Im surprised the chief voted to go to the baseship.
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Felt a bit like filler after all the action and information in the last few episodes.

I'm still not convinced Ellen actually feels sorry about the baby dying... she's a schemer.

She still hasn't met Baltar or Kara and I really want to see if she recognizes one of them.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    yeah this episode felt like a soap opera, wasn't too impressed.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    crazy Shit tonight.

How'd you like to get your ass kicked by yourself, and then, locked up in a closet, watch yourself have sex with your boyfriend? then have yourself steal your kid! fucked up, i tell you what.

the spinning out of control FTL jump right next to galactica was pretty fucking cool.

and I love how they keep using music in kind of a creepy subtle way with the final cylons. Obviously kara's involved with them now.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    I think the cylons have issues. LOL
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So Kara was just seeing the piano player who I am guessing was her dad and Hera some how just drew music that Kara played and it just happened to be the same music the last 5 heard. Wow this shits getting crazy and FUCK BOOMER!

Kill her ass already. Damn her games. So I think Roselin is dead now or on her death bed.

Only 3 episodes left!

Oh off topic but anyone see the Singularity trailer during BSG tonight? :)
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glib wrote: »
    The discussion I've read elsewhere is that Starbuck's dad was named daniel and was an artistic-type person.
    I'm just here to high-five myself.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ahhh nice point glib...
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    The tape of her dad's piano music that Starbuck picks up is titled "Opera House"...
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man oh man this season is gonna end with a huge bang. It just gets crazy each week. I'm guessing Roslin is either dead or on her death bed to fulfill the prophecy that a dying leader will lead them to their home or whatever. That could also be a few other people as well so we will see.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok so I finally had a chance to watch fridays episode.

Only 2 left now. Battlestar looks like she's gonna be scrapped. Kara's secret is out now. But what the hell is she exactly? They only say harbinger of death.

I want to know more.
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    She's daniel's daughter, my guess is natural daughter although I don't think we know much about her mother, and she will be the 'death' of separate cylons/humans. Either than or the dead of the 'cycle'.

That's my guess anyway.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And Hera's foretelling of BSG ramming the colony... I bet that's how they are going to send BSG off is ramming it into the base ship.
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice catch! I totally ignored that scene as just a child playing in an incongruous place.

Yeah that seems rather likely.. I've been trying to figure out what they're going to do with galactica... it sure as hell isn't going to be slowly stripped down.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HA! Nice catch Dekard. I missed that one, but I can't wait to see it :P
  • coldkodiak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    coldkodiak polycounter lvl 17
    Tumerboy wrote: »
    HA! Nice catch Dekard. I missed that one, but I can't wait to see it :P

missed it too. Seems like a good send off for the Galactica.
  • Mechadus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dekard wrote: »
    And Hera's foretelling of BSG ramming the colony... I bet that's how they are going to send BSG off is ramming it into the base ship.

I sorta figured they would wind up disassembling Galactica once they find a planet to settle down on - use all the materials to build the new colony. Might be cool to see star ship inspired architecture :P
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fridays episode was a bit meh... not sure why we need Starbuck and Gaius's backstorys with only 2 hours left of the series...
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fridays episode was a bit meh... not sure why we need Starbuck and Gaius's backstorys with only 2 hours left of the series...

You'll find out why on Friday!
  • HellMark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HellMark polycounter lvl 18
    I missed the special last night. Did anyone catch it? Not sure if it potentially has spoilers so seek with caution I guess.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There were a few minor spoilers in the last fracking special.

Anyone catch Gaius saying "I need that like a fucking hole in the head" instead of frack... :D my wife even said that wasn't frack.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LOL THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT HE SAID! But I dismissed it right afterwards as I must have heard what I wanted to hear :P
  • inorbit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glib wrote: »
    Felt a bit like filler after all the action and information in the last few episodes.

I'm still not convinced Ellen actually feels sorry about the baby dying... she's a schemer.

She still hasn't met Baltar or Kara and I really want to see if she recognizes one of them.

Good observation. I agree Ellen has a lot of information to reveal.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice first post. :D

She's only got 2 hours left to tell it. So... we'll see

In regards to Ellen meeting Kara, we have been led down the path she is the daughter of Daniel the 'artistic' cylon that was boxed, so we are pretty damn sure she's a hybrid. Since she died already and came back too..
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In regards to Ellen meeting Kara, we have been led down the path she is the daughter of Daniel the 'artistic' cylon that was boxed, so we are pretty damn sure she's a hybrid. Since she died already and came back too..

Yeah I'm fully on board with that now. That quote was from a while ago I think.

I'm still really curious about how they're going to explain the resurrection. Third cylon faction (leftovers from one of the other wars that are waiting for hte dust to settle on this one maybe?)?
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Final Episode tonight.. get ready for a dark ending... O_o
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I'm pretty stoked. Should be a big one. The end is nigh!!!!
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FUCK YES THAT WAS AWESOME. :D Angels.. wtf was that.. :D *POOF*
  • fast1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dark ending? hmm i have a feeling the ending would disappoint us all, got no time to watch it todayclear.gif
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    that was awesome! I would of ended it this the pull back of the landscape, and skipped the robots reference. Now starts the next chapter of Battlestar, The Plan episodes start in the fall :D
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OMFG That was seriously some of the best shit i have seen. Now what the fuck am I going to watch? What am I going to do?

Wow that was just downright awesome on so so many levels.

I was very impressed.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Watching it again. LOL I bet you will watch Caprica. I might have seen the commercial incorrectly but it seems they are making the series through the eyes of the cylons now. Seems interesting if that is the case. Pretty nice finale.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BSG:The plan I believe is only a two hour episode from their side of things prior to the attack on the colonies.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    That was sweet! hmmm i wonder when the box set of the whole series comes out... I need this on blu-ray bad!
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    Awesome ending to the best TV series in history. Very epic. This last episode is better then most big movies...
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    part of me died last night. Great ending... its just a tad weird and depressing to think its over. I love my space sci-fi entertainment... now what do I watch?? Glad they aren't going to rape my memories like stargate did and do some nonsense like a stupid BSG : Atlantis.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LOL I liked the ancestry ending, that was nice. I thought the modern day news report was funny, "the archaeological remains of a young woman were discovered today. . ." doesn't look like Hera lived very long! LOL
  • Campaignjunkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Campaignjunkie polycounter lvl 18
    I loved the first hour. I was pissed off when they made peace so quickly like that, but I guess it was purposely trite because it was awesome how quickly it all turned to shit when the Cally plot thread came back.

Didn't care for the second hour... not explaining things they've promised to explain better than "it was a cool plot device we threw in," beating us over the head with the robot montage - yeah, mistreating robots is bad, we talked about this in the miniseries! - and the head characters are agents of God, like, literally? What a cop-out.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    I expected something about baltar being a cylon or having a cylon chip implanted. What made me think this was that everyone else that recieved the opera house visions was cylon except for the president Roslin, but she recieved a transfusion of hera's blood and hera could project.

The robot montage really could have been left out. The whole "angels" thing wasn't too bad, it does explain starbuck coming back from the dead though.

I was expected Adama to take Roslin and fly into the sun destroying the raptor. Since the point at the end was to destroy all their technology so they could all start over fresh. Not to mention Adama stated earlier in the series that he couldn't live without Roslin.
  • Malus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malus polycounter lvl 17
    I actually really like the fact they didn't tie up every loose thread perfectly, they kept some mystique.

It lets the viewer use their own imagination to wrap up some of the small points in a way.

So, yeah 'what' Kara is exactly wasn't explained to Nth degree but who cares, what she was mattered far less than 'who' she was, that was a consistant thread throughout the show with every character.

Adama said it well, "you are Kara Thrace, you are my daughter." or something along those lines anyway. That's all that mattered in the end to these characters and is more than enough for me. :)

It was a little preachy at the end but good on them for giving us all a good kick in the guts about how rediculous we are becoming, one last poke. lol :)

Now back to... um...er... nothing!!! Nothing worth watching!!

Oh well no excuse not to finish that concept for Dom War now. lol :|

FRAK!
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well... that went somewhere a bit weird. I'm gonna sleep on it before I post anything else.
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Man I'm gonna miss this show.
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay I think what really bothers me (aside from the fact that there's no more battlestar to watch :() is that they took the religion route. Religion had always been there throughout the series, but it was always ambiguous. Bringing into the forefront as a plot device felt cheap.
  • Campaignjunkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Campaignjunkie polycounter lvl 18
    Ditto. Saying "God did it" isn't profound. It's just lazy writing.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    I don't see why anyone would have an issue with the theistic conclusion, with the exception of the atheistic types in the audience. The monotheism vs. polytheism issue was there from the miniseries, a very direct insertion of religion into the story. And prophecy was the guiding element of the human survivors for 4+ seasons, with star charts pulled directly from the Book of Pythia. Starbuck went back to Caprica for the Arrow of Apollo solely because those were the instructions in the sacred scrolls. Religion is literally got them from Caprica to Earth - they'd have never made it otherwise.
  • glib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vermilion wrote: »
    I don't see why anyone would have an issue with the theistic conclusion, with the exception of the atheistic types in the audience. The monotheism vs. polytheism issue was there from the miniseries, a very direct insertion of religion into the story. And prophecy was the guiding element of the human survivors for 4+ seasons, with star charts pulled directly from the Book of Pythia. Starbuck went back to Caprica for the Arrow of Apollo solely because those were the instructions in the sacred scrolls. Religion is literally got them from Caprica to Earth - they'd have never made it otherwise.

It was going in an interesting direction with the religion up until the end. Yeah it was always mentioned, but we got to see the basis of the religion that the 12 colonies followed, and how it was really just a method of passing down history that had gotten a bit muddled in the transfer. It was a nice modern approach to it, and we even got to see Roslin get destroyed when she found out that there was nothing mystical about her prophesies: they were just history written in an interesting way.

The book of pythia was nothing more than an alternate method of describing a starchart, and the rest of the prophesies were really just long-winded accounts of the travels of the original 13th tribe.

I really saw the whole thing as a commentary that sits very close to how I view religions, which is a form of verbally transmitted history that has taken on a mythological form over hundreds of years of retellings. Certain details get exaggerated, some details are lost while others are created. The end product resembles the original, but is far from exact anymore. It feels like all that was spoiled at the end when they essentially confirmed that all that stuff was 'real' by bringing in angels. Up until that point everything felt quite grounded in reality (albeit a sci-fi reality with hyperspace jumps).
  • MoP
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I got $100 towards that if anyone wants to go in on it with me. I get it on Wednesdays and Weekends.