Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    game is released!
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cep wrote: »
    Thanks for the help Vahl. would love to play with some fellow PCers, my steam id is cep01

cep01 = unable to find dude
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    And here.... we..... go...

Happy killing everyone :)
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Starting game now! Its my b-day is my b-day! Thanks to all at Valve!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] polycounter lvl 18
    I just downloaded this last night and played single player for like 5 minutes before work. It was just starting to get interesting (because I died and my teammates were reviving me, which is pretty cool), and I was really looking forward to playing some more this evening-- but so much for that.

Honestly, the whole idea of a game demo that stops working as soon as the retail game is available is pretty damn frustrating. I didn't realize that countdown next to the title in Steam meant the demo would stop. I thought that was just a promotional thing to let people know once the game is available. I'm really disappointed and frankly pissed off. I pretty much don't buy games until they hit the bargain bin, so it'd probably be months before I'd get to see what the fuss is about. Lame. It almost makes me not want to eventually buy it.
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Then you're missing out :)

A buddy and me plus some random people ALMOOSSTT got past the subway level on expert, everyone had just died in the last room cept me, and i managed to make it to the exit room (or so we thought) and then a smoker came, and then the rush... I had 1 health left for it... no chance in hell :)

Its frustrating only because its so god damn hard, part of me just wants to go to advance and get through all this shit.

Awesome either way!
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Holy.

Fucking.

Shit.

Myself and 3 other ///'ers jsut did the first 2 campaigns on Advanced. Man, the house in the second campaign... IT'LL GIVE YOU A BONER.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    tryign to buy it but it gives me an error with my paypal account altho i have money to buy it wtf...

steam id : johny_is_back

happy killin :)
  • Cody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    Great shit! Loving it, taking a bit of a break after first campaign run-through. Anyone on the count work on this bad boy? If so, kudos! The environments are amazing. I often get snagged by smokers, because I'm like, oohhh, pretty.. oh Crap! And my teammates call me retarded. :)
  • JohnnyRaptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyRaptor polycounter lvl 15
    U suck dude, get the game and play it, it freakn rocks! :D
    fly_soup wrote: »
    I just downloaded this last night and played single player for like 5 minutes before work. It was just starting to get interesting (because I died and my teammates were reviving me, which is pretty cool), and I was really looking forward to playing some more this evening-- but so much for that.

Honestly, the whole idea of a game demo that stops working as soon as the retail game is available is pretty damn frustrating. I didn't realize that countdown next to the title in Steam meant the demo would stop. I thought that was just a promotional thing to let people know once the game is available. I'm really disappointed and frankly pissed off. I pretty much don't buy games until they hit the bargain bin, so it'd probably be months before I'd get to see what the fuss is about. Lame. It almost makes me not want to eventually buy it.
  • Flynny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Flynny polycounter lvl 9
    Amazing! well worth the dosh, been playing it in work at dinner with others.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Er, what the fuck at the subway on Expert... this is awesome, theyve really upped the longevity by making it insanely hard! awesome.

Seeing reviews regarding the length is actually quite annoying, especially when coupled with them playing on Ultimate fucking pussy mode and taking 5 hits from a tank.

Can't wait to have a session tonight with a good team, playing with randoms has always been a pet peave, i have WoW and TF2 to thank for that.
  • Martin Henriksson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Martin Henriksson polycounter lvl 9
    Got a wierd bug now with the release, the demo worked fine and i dont have this problem with any other game. I MIGHT have installed new drivers since plauing the demo but i cant remember if i did that before or after. Anyway here it is, this is a screenshot with the flashlight ON right at the beginning of subway if you dont take the stairs. l4d_dark.jpg

This is a pretty dark place normally but as you can see its completely black here :p I can see stuff in the brighter areas but the game gets pretty fucking hard like this ;D
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    cant wiat to get it over the weekend
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX wrote: »
    That was fun. Although, the game becomes easier, even with one AI controlled player. One moment that stood out: When we got to the end of the subway, your wife was waiting to be respawned. I backtracked to her, and the moment I opened the door, a Smoker grabbed and killed me, and horde attacked her.

I've seen it before. One guy is left standing. He hides and waits for the others to be respawned. And right when he reaches the door to let them...bam, Smoker. Restart. This game really knows how to fool you.

I was playing last night and saw that happen again. I think if the person is left for a while and pounds on the door it attracts more Zombies? Or maybe its just part of some unstated risk/reward system? Either way, fun times!
    This is a pretty dark place normally but as you can see its completely black here :p I can see stuff in the brighter areas but the game gets pretty fucking hard like this ;D
    I take it you've toggled it on and off (f) if so weird... What kind of video card(s) do you have?
  • Martin Henriksson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Martin Henriksson polycounter lvl 9
    I have a Geforce 7950GT, its so strange that the demo worked perfectly :o
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    played through blood harvest last night on advanced, until we got to the final section with that house brome pointed out, it was too tough for three of us at that time so we swapped to normal.

freaking AWESOME though. the campaign took us almost 2 hours. since there's four, and that was only on advanced, and I predict playing through most of these multiple times, I don't think game length is really an issue.

I'm really enjoying it so far.
  • sicsided
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx wrote: »
    freaking AWESOME though. the campaign took us almost 2 hours. since there's four, and that was only on advanced, and I predict playing through most of these multiple times, I don't think game length is really an issue.

Some review mentioned how this was the new-age Ms Pacman, which kinda makes sense, as although it may be somewhat short, its still so addictive.

Horde = Ghosts, Survivors = Pacman, Guns = Big Dots

Damn I really wanna play this 'house' you guys keep talking about.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We were 8 people playing human zombies versus survivors at work during lunch and many agree it was the most intense and fun gamming session for a long time.

When we go through it just 4 coop it will be in expert mode since all other seems to easy and not as fun. But hell its just great!!!!! Martin hope you manage to fix your graphics card!
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got a wierd bug now with the release, the demo worked fine and i dont have this problem with any other game. I MIGHT have installed new drivers since plauing the demo but i cant remember if i did that before or after. Anyway here it is, this is a screenshot with the flashlight ON right at the beginning of subway if you dont take the stairs. l4d_dark.jpg

I'm pretty sure you're playing doom3 here.
  • jbrophy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jbrophy polycounter lvl 17
    Bought the 4 pack for $150 for some of us here at work this morning. The button to share the 3 extra copies was not working and Valve was fixing it this morning. Sadly we could not play. Not only did they fix the issue but gave us an extra copy for the inconvenience. Very impressive.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jbrophy wrote: »
    Bought the 4 pack for $150 for some of us here at work this morning. The button to share the 3 extra copies was not working and Valve was fixing it this morning. Sadly we could not play. Not only did they fix the issue but gave us an extra copy for the inconvenience. Very impressive.

Wow thats great! How fast did they respond and fix it btw?
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    i bought 2 copies with preorder in play.com (32 euros each, cheaper than Steam with taxes, 42 euro. Why the hell we must pay taxes?). I think i will have my copy soon.

My steam id is "whiteblaizer"

My fav character = Zoey. More girls and characters would have been better.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    I'm really looking forward to the potential yet inevitable (and most likely free for pc) dlc for this game.

and user made content.

I'm so excited.

new guns and maps and boss mobs!

but I'm getting ahead of myself there.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    Blaizer , we have to pay taxes because in spain everything is payable, even to fucking sneeze, getting sick of it :(

P.S - canon digital, SGAE bullshit etc etc...
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Was playing some versus this evening, much fun once you start to get a hang of the infected. You die so easily you really have to be pick your moment to be effective. Didn't think the boomer would be much fun but it is great as it causes chaos which gives opportunities to the hunters and smoker.

I vomited on 3 people at once, so each time they got hit by normal infected I got points, then later I was a hunter and found someone by themself in a room fending off normal infected, one survivor was dead and the other two were further ahead and occupied. So I pounced on her and they couldn't help, so she died (I tore quite a few points out of her too). So then got to spawn as the tank as I had over twice the points of the next person.

The Tank is how you give someone a real whoopin'.

Bill...smack....smack again while he's down
    Francis...smack....
    Louis....smack....

Hunter pounced on Louis...diddums
    Back to Bill....smack....smack....smack....cya
    Francis....smack...smack...buh bye

So far found the smoker to be the least enjoyable to play, but need more time with all of them to get a better idea.
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    Anyone have it for 360 and can say whether or not it plays well? My pc is something of an old duffer by today's standards.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    I'll probably pick it up for the 360 in early December. The demo was awesome.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    played another 2 hours again, it's way too addictive. Advanced mode is really hard towards the latter chapters I can't imagine expert.

Versus mode is also exceptionally fun
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Me and the same 3 guys went through No Mercy & Blood Harvest yesterday evening and just did the Death Toll & Dead Air campaigns tonight, all 4 on Advanced.

We'll be doing them again on Expert :)

Anyway, what a great fucking game. Just.. ya, its fantastic. It's fun to shoot zombies and a lot of 'OH SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!' moments. Being able to play this simplistic shooter, with friends, while experiencing these little nuggets of high-five worthy interactions is just great.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    My friendslist is a bit dry at the moment, do add me!
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    eld. Try joining the polycount steamgroup and select it as your primary. Then it will show up when you click "play with friends". That way you wont need to have them added to your friendslist. Yay!

You´ll find me in that group under the same name i have here. If you actually want to add me though. My steam account is "ivan0v" (myeah... ). Loving it. Played and completed no mercy and almost finished the death toll one (my god i love that map. very atmospheric.)
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    ah, thanks, great!, I wasn't sure it worked that way.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I made it to the Finale of No Mercy last night on Advanced. It took many many attempts to finish, and I have to say it's the most difficult game I've played in a very long time. I can't imagine what Expert is like. Also...only one of us actually got off the roof. I thought that was cool. Great "ending". And the "credits" were clever.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After playing the demo last time, it reminded me of this game "ZOMBIES!"
    pgzombiesbox.jpg
    Waiting until I wrap up Fallout3, GoW2, before we really dig into L4D.
    Then at some point I'll probably go back and finish my TF2 map... sigh I really gotta get that thing done and out there.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    Played a few hours last night with various studio rumble folks. Quite fun. We had 4 zombies vs 4 humans. The zombies are almost more fun to play, though a lot harder (for me) to do well with.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Zombies!!! is fun to play. And L4D is very similar. Just a reminder, Zombies!!! is also coming to XBLive. Fun!
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Serious!? I might use my 360 as something other then a DVD player...
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Expired download????
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    yup demo expired when game went live.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    But on the 360? It's not out till the 21st here.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Not out in europe till the 21st on the PC either :/ , having a demo only run for a week seems a bit odd to me, but atleast they could have kept it going until the game was released everywhere.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow me and some internet dudes rocked and made the campain on expert. that last battle is tough...
    Credits are awesome. Took a little over 3 hours... god damn! :)

so m16 versus zombies out in the open and automatic shotgun against the tanks. and no mistakes. :P
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Man, campaigns on expert really do take their toll... 3hours for an entire campaign is some mean going for it!

So far ive only cleared No Mercy on expert, got 4/5 done on Death Toll and 3/5 Cleared on Dead Air - It's good and bad that you have to clear it in one sitting, It's more of an achievement but I can't see how its reguarly possible in under 3-4hours. The AI consistantly fucks us up with multiple tanks by stage3, and as for the finale? They take about 2hours on their own.

The server system is frustrating me quite a bit lately, especially if im playing in prime time (normally i play late) - It's not valves fault... infact the idea behind it is great its more the fault of the server hosters. There seems to be way too many high choke servers floating around that the game becomes unplayable on the moment theres more than 2 zombies on screen. Also Versus difficulty being different depending on server is a bit of a pain, If you could adjust the versus options the same way and possibly stay on a server after completion that'd be really handy!
  • man_o_mule
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    man_o_mule polycounter lvl 18
    i can't stop playing this game. got it for 360 and have been playing it with the same friends every night since i bought it. would love to play with some new people. xbox live tag is Man0mule
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone else think the survivor characters looked cooler in their earlier forms, shown here:

140380_screenshot_01_l.jpg

As opposed to:

L4D01.jpg

???
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    agreed, except for mebes zoe..
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    WhiteEagle wrote: »
    Anyone else think the survivor characters looked cooler in their earlier forms, shown here:
    ???

I actually like the final product better. Aside from the racial difference, Francis and Louis were just too similar and Bill in his latter is just more true to the character. Zoey also looks more like a regular chick and less like a bad ass. I think the design choices that they made were clearly for a reason, and were the correct ones to make.
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    I like the new ones. Plus, the reason they redesigned them was to differentiate them from zombies.