Home General Discussion

BattleStar Galactica Thread -final season

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
Don't forget season premier tonight.

my favorite episode so far has been exodus part 2 when adama jumped into the new caprica's atmosphere to release the vipers and was falling like rock and then jumped back out to space.. i littarely said "FUCK YA!!" when I watched it when it first aired last year.

Anyhow.. just figured I'd start a thread since the final season starts tonight and had some questions ideas on the story.

Also there's an 8 minute recap of the other seasons up to now on the http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/ BSG website. Under "What the frak is going on?" on the right hand side of the page.

*Possible Spoilers below**

One thing I noticed is that Chief found that he was a cylon with the final 4 on the season finale so that would also mean that his baby would be the second cylon baby with Hera.

Replies

• Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I really need to pick this up. They have season 1 out on HD-DVD for cheap. Might snag that.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    Deckard I agre, that was one of the greatest moments in Sci Fi TV.
  • ironbearxl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbearxl polycounter lvl 18
    I'm completely caught up with all the BSG episodes and just saw Razor a few nights ago.. I'll be glued to the tv tonight :D:D:D
  • spideyscott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea that was a really good ep but still think the first ep from season 1 "33" was really good and still has an effect on following episodes right up to season 3 final and razor.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ****possible Spoilers****

When Tighe shot Adama in the eye I was like OMFG.... now to be continued with Starbuck about ready to pop the pres...

pretty ok episode, not too great of a start to the new season but was ok.
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    I thought it was a pretty good episode. Lots of elements to think about for a week of who's what and whats what. :D

I'm going to miss the fancy space scenes they have after the finale :(
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    Nice first episode to get things started off. I always love how this show is unpredictable in so many areas.
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    Wow. Zoic has really stepped up their game for the space scenes. Seriously. All the space scenes were at least 2x better, cleaner, sharper than ever before. They made GOOD use of their time!
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I missed the top 10 list a couple weeks ago;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YatjlSJNRHM&

BSG does the top 10 list. :D
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Watched this the other day, it was awesome. I love the other series, and the new one is off to a great start!

Everyone I was watching with said "yeah, their budget's gone up" when we saw the first space battle scene :)
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Season 4 DVD's look to be split with the season like season 2..

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/battlestar-galactica/early-word-on-battlestar-galac-16678.aspx

11 episodes then months without new episodes then the final 9 or so later in the year.... :( season 4.5 damn them
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    meh, wasn't too happy with last nights episode. With the death of the one character I saw that coming with the previews from last week, just seemed like a filler episode.
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skrubbles polycounter lvl 18
    Definitely a filler episode. It would've been a GREAT episode if the character lived because then there would have been a good cliffhanger. Overall, the death didn't really have an impact on me because I could've cared less for that character in the first place.
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it felt sorta like filler, but its just more character development.
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    skrubbles wrote: »
    Definitely a filler episode. It would've been a GREAT episode if the character lived because then there would have been a good cliffhanger. Overall, the death didn't really have an impact on me because I could've cared less for that character in the first place.

Well, even so, it looks like that bitch is a bit on the evil side, and if she works with that bastard Baltar, they'll fuck humanity up from within. Looks more like an "oh shit she's really a cylon AND evil" kind of episode to me. Hope Sal doesn't go all cylon as well, because he's one of my favourite characters.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    I don't think last week's episode was filler, just that the really important bit didn't get much coverage. Callie's death wasn't so important, but a Cylon civil war? Basestars blowing the crap out of each other? I didn't see that one coming. It'll be interesting to see how things go, if the pro-unity group wins out, but I'm not sure they will. And Dean Stockwell plays a pretty convincing asshole :p
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, that was kind of cool.. I wasn't aware that the 6,7,8's etc only respawned only on certain resurrection ships.
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    I still don't understand how the Chief could have a kid... Huh? I thought the (don't know what the fuck her # is - 8?) was the only one made to reproduce.
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maybe she's the only one that can "have" a child, but I'm sure if I were a machine race I'd give all the male robots the ability to go around and spread bastard children in my enemies population XD.

What i don't get, that i realize now is how the cylons didn't know Sol was a cylon when they took his eye. Oh snap! XD
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    no one mentions the 12th being directly referred to as female?

i dunno, im hopping back into this series after missing... all of 1,2, and 3 (lol), but im going through them now. Seems like more of some good story stuff going on with the ship going to Earth w/ all those other cyclons onboard.

this episode seemed to be filled with a lot of "distractions" to other elements of the story - like being explicitly cryptic and secretive about the jumps to earth, going in circles, betrayal and civil war w/ cyclon duders, adama bringing up the pres's plan with the press around to divert attention...
  • Campaignjunkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Campaignjunkie polycounter lvl 18
    The close-up on Callie's frozen corpse was glorious. She was so tragic... yet so annoying.

Am I the only one who started cringing when Dean Stockwell and Boomer started making out?
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    that was pretty awesome, the frozen eyeballs really sold it.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aw, I liked Callie. . .
  • Ozymandias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ozymandias polycounter lvl 18
    I agree completely that the brother cavell and boomer making out was stomach turning, but I thought the episode was great. I loved it when Callie got knocked across the room, and the frozen eyeballs were an excellent touch. So far I'm really liking season 4, and it was too cool when the centurions unloaded on those cylons. I think the centurion/raider thing is creating some great conflict within the cylon society.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    meh wasn't too much exciting happening tonight, the previews pretty much had everything you needed to see in it. :D The mutiny.. etc

the previews for next week look pretty good though. They keep leading us down the road of starbuck being the last cylon.. but it's gotta be just the lead up to find out the real one.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
  • ironbearxl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tonight.. All.. Will.. Be.. Revealed!?
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The new episode's tonight? Cool. I hate the intro previews, they tend to show too much.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    I find it interesting that the cylons are acting so human. Pretty cool.

Alex
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
    good character devlopment. Yeah, no space battles but hey, like that makes the story. Well i guess it did for star wars, but hey, this show is not about the effects. Its always been about the journey and character development.
  • Campaignjunkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mary McDonnell needs to win some kind of award, I don't care what. She's awesome.

"So we just need to find the Final Five and they'll know the way to Earth!"... and the resulting look on Anders' face was priceless.
  • ironbearxl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MightyPea wrote: »
    The new episode's tonight? Cool. I hate the intro previews, they tend to show too much.

They sure do; I skip watching the intro and the preview of the next episode.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hybrid says JUMP! :D
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Colonel Tigh is awesome!
    good episode... i thought it was getting a bit slow recently but it's starting to pick up again
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, this was a great episode. Quite epic at times, and a lot of things were crammed into one episode. I loved it. Nice cliffhanger of sorts at the end, as well.
    JUMP.
  • vik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vik polycounter lvl 13
    someone needs to tell that pretty cylon girl (athena) she can`t just solve life`s problems by running around shooting people. so far she killed her own model back on Caprica, then some centurions, then shot Adama, then shot herself, then made whatshisname shot her again and now she killed 6. I mean common`
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
  • Campaignjunkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vik wrote: »
    someone needs to tell that pretty cylon girl (athena) she can`t just solve life`s problems by running around shooting people. so far she killed her own model back on Caprica, then some centurions, then shot Adama, then shot herself, then made whatshisname shot her again and now she killed 6. I mean common`

Actually, you mixed the two versions up. Boomer (the one who joined the Cavil cylons) shot Adama and herself; Athena (the one on Caprica with Helo) didn't join up with the rest of the fleet until Season 2. [/supreme-nerdiness]

Plus, okay, consider what happened to Athena - imagine if you just had a crazy recurring dream with your baby getting taken away, woke up to your kid saying "bye bye" in a really creepy way, saw your kid drawing a hundred "Six's" in her coloring book, and then found a Six caressing her in reality. I think it's understandable that she would flip out like that.

... But somehow Starbuck's mutiny was completely okay and no one cared? I guess that had a lot to cover in that episode anyway.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    awesome episode!

it just keeps getting better and better! I wish LOST would use this formula of "give us plot not boring back story"
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    Boooooooooooo! This season sucks, enough with the cliffhangers already. And no, this episode wasn't awesome. >:[
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Despite me having used the word 'cliffhanger', I wouldn't say that it's an aggravating one, would you? It's just something that happens at the end of the show that's a fun 'hmm, wonder what happens next'-situation, rather than hours of working up to something and then withholding it (ie. lost)
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    i was pretty hooked on the first couple episodes of the season, but its getting boring :\

all the Earth stuff was cool, and it just feels like they're milking the 5th to DEATH. yes, its a mystery... but come onnnnn. snoooze. It seems like they keep throwing more and more mystery at it w/o much substance, makes moose rage! smash!
  • Ozymandias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ozymandias polycounter lvl 18
    I'm still really enjoying this season for the most part, and really liked the las episode. There seems to be a little too much going on, and its like they are jumping around a bit from topic to topic, and kind of leaving some things completely unanswered. Whatever happened with Tigh getting beat up by the 6 in custody? How come no one noticed the fact that he had his face punched in? I am getting a little impatient with finding out who the 5th model is, but I did love the whole, "jump!," thing at the end. I wonder where they went? Earth? The resurrection hub? Dunkin Doughnuts?
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    Somehow I don't think many people would notice if Tigh took a beating daily. He's sort of an a-hole. I think that at this point in the story arc everyone would be so traumatized from the vicious events in the journey that few would raise a brow at Tigh getting beaten to a pulp. I think most would figure that he probably deserved it.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, yes, SPOILERS ahoy! . . . but you really shouldn't be reading this thread unless you're up to date anyway.

LOL so I got bored a few episodes ago, and let my viewing slip. . .

Now I just watched the last 4 episodes in a row, and holy shit. The last one was fuckin' fantastic, and you're an idiot if you don't agree :P

I agree they're kind of skipping over things to cram everything in, but I feel like the pace quickening is really helping the story along, and keeping me on the edge of my seat.

The whole Athena/Hera/6 thing had me nearly falling out of my chair.

I think they Jumped to Bed Bath & BEYOND! The Hybrid was out of epsom salts.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoilers:
    bah lots of stuff happened in this one but wasn't too exciting... looks like they are setting up the finale or something.. but don't like how they handle alot of stuff, starbuck was all crazy to find earth and now she's just fine.. going the wrong direction. Adama alone in a raptor in the middle of space. :( made me sad for him. Now a cylon is the head of all the human military with tighe getting control of galactica..

and I'm going to beat the shit out of the guy who creates the previews, they've showed the hybrid talking to starbuck telling her she'll bring them to their doom, and Adama being sworn in (so you know he'll be president before the season even started) and now the Deanna model wakes up talks to the group about the final 5 and says you didn't know you were one of them? and then cuts to Roslin. (it better not be her)

Does anyone know if they are still planning on splitting the final season up? It doesn't look like it, we've got quite a few episodes down already.

If they do split it up we only got 2 more episodes left until season 4.5 comes out in 2009.

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Portal:Battlestar_Galactica_(RDM)/Episode_Guide_-_Season_4_Guide

:(
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I'm at the point where I'd rather they just get on with the fucking story and stop beating around the bush with all these splintering off-shoot vignettes.

its fun and cool, and lots of dramatic changes n such... but damnit, im getting bored :)
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    yep, its not going anywhere, its going everywhere. Im bored of it
  • dippingsauce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have to agree, whenever the story veers off towards Baltar's messiah-ish storyline or Lee's politics it's such a snoooozefest. Of course, this might be pivotal in the future but it's hard to stay interested in the side stuff when the main objective is so engaging. But yeah... Lee as prez, sure didn't see that one coming :poly131: Next week does look good though...
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I haven't watched this season or most of season 3, but I thought I'd chime in to say I walked by Tricia Helfer on the street this past Sunday.

Can you get pregnant by eyeball fucking??? I hope not.