Home General Discussion

I just got jumped

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
On my walk home from the train station tonight, I was jumped 3 guys. Initially I only saw one of them and he had asked me for the time. So I grabbed my phone to check and as I looked up, all I saw was a fist to the face!
The next thing I know, I'm down on the ground and the guy is kicking me, so I start kicking back. I figure, okay, cheapshot but I think I can take this one guy. I went to get up when I was attacked from behind as well. The second guy had me in a headlock and was dragging me backwards while punching my face and yelling at me to give up my phone.
I gave that up and just curled up into a ball and covered my face, copped a few kicked. Then they asked me to give up my backpack which had my iPod in it, my sketchbooks, some clothes, all my drawing gear (markers, pencils, fine liners). I gave that up and then they ran off. I was lucky to be able to get up and walk away. I still had my house/studio/car keys and my wallet and a nice swollen face and bloody nose.

Here's a pic, will take another one tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be more bruised by then.
The pic doesn't really do the pain much justice.
bashed2007-11-14_01.jpg

-caseyjones

Replies

• Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    nuke the fuckers man. agh that sucks frown.gif
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Sorry for your loss, I dunno if the authorities can do much in the meantime...next time keep a friggin' switchblade on those people.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    damn dude, that really sucks :/
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Thats fuckin ratshit man, I cant stand fuckers like that.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I called the cops. The constable said he couldn't do much, but file a report and keep my details in case anything turns up. Which I highly doubt. I'm just thankful I managed to get away without serious injury.
    On the bright side... 4 day long weekend :P
    Can't wait to see the monstrosity my face will become tomorrow morning, hahaha!
    Oh.. and my teeth feel funny.

-caseyjones
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    ....not to sound minority..but its good to alway have a knife or something on you in troublish areas......I dont say you should USE it but its a good way to get off someone thats threatining you.....if you walk away with no wounds and your life in tact your doing ok.... Sorry to hear that though man frown.gif

next time Down , Foward + Punch there asses
  • Ruz
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    would n't carry a knife mate, thats really asking for trouble. imagine if they call your bluff and end up stabbing you with it. it has happened a lot.
    man thats really bad what happened. hope you feeel better soon.
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Should have rigged his jacked ipod to explode on them...

Don't bring blades unless you know how to use it without getting your self in trouble.
  • Lord McMutton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lord McMutton polycounter lvl 17
    I say you and some polycounters in the area should go on a manhunt.
  • nacire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nacire polycounter lvl 17
    Bah, that sucks to hear man. I fucking hate some people! I hope the guy you kicked at caught a good heel or something.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    ....not to sound minority..but its good to alway have a knife or something on you in troublish areas.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a cock.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    sad that most police wont do much but take a report. Most cell phones have gps devices in them these days that can easily be tracked.

Yeah don't take a knife. If you don't know how to use one it can just back fire on you. Even an expandable baton can be bad news.

No one else was around to witness?

Glad to see you are still alive though. That is what is important. Sometimes these jack ass thugs shoot or stab people over dumb shit.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the responses and support guys!
    I'm not a big fan of fighting, so I wouldn't carry a weapon with me. If anything, I think it just asks for trouble.

Jesse, I don't think there was anyone around to witness. Its kind of a shortcut route home where I walk through a bit of a sketchy and lesser travelled area. I'll be sure to walk the main roads from now on.

I am finding more lumps and sore areas all around my face and head. Its so whack, I still can't believe it happened. Its just so surreal and you never think it'll happen to you, until it does.
    Just annoyed that I just got a new phone to replace my last one. Looks like I'm getting another one.
    About to head off to sleep now (if I can get to sleep).
    Thanks once again, guys.

-caseyjones
  • Jeremy Wright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    I hate to hear this, man. Take it easy.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    Holy crap dude, that sucks. I'm amazed they didn't ask for your wallet!
  • Ruz
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    next time you are walking home late at night and its a bit of a bad area , always walk home past the supermarket because its the 'safeway':)
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Have you called your phone yet?
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Sorry to hear that casey, always sad to hear about crap like this. You might want to see if the police or your phone service can track your phone by its id #, as I think every phone has one. Would be sweet to find out where these punks are, and throw Seforin at them with his knife to see what happens:) Haha, jk Seforin...but maybe you might get lucky with them being able to trace it.

Spark
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Ah Casey, sorry to hear it man.

Couple things...

-A swift punch or 'chop' to the throat and you've bought yourself a couple minutes of running time.

-The crotch works too.

Also, get some ice on your face to keep any swelling down.

Go to a doctor, damage from fights/vehicle accidents some times don't show up right away and you may get 'hit' by a new pain in a couple of weeks. There could also be long-term damage, a trip to the doctors is a good thing.
  • Flewda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Flewda polycounter lvl 17
    Ouch man frown.gif that sucks. Sorry to hear about that.
    You could always give them the palm uppercut. Where you basically punch the guy on the bottom of his nose in an upward motion, with your palm. I've heard it can actually be fatal though done a specific way, so maybe it's not the best idea. But that would certainly teach that guy a lesson.

All seriousness, I hope somehow the cops are able to find them, and those pricks can at least get what's coming to them, if not get your stuff back too smile.gif
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    Glad your ok Casey. Thats some bad luck.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    jesus dude that's scary as shit, thank goodness you made it.

why does there have to be people that think violence is the answer to everything? ugh.
  • Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    sorry to hear that man. Glad to hear you're okay aside from a few bruises.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    sorry to hear that man. Glad to hear you're okay aside from a few bruises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, and here some of us are giving violent ways to get out of these situations. Albeit, some situations you simply cannot talk your way out of.
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Per, you're awesome.

sorry to hear about that, caseyjones. It could have been a lot worse, glad to hear you're doing "alright."
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    damm cassy, hope your ok, I would check in to the hospital asap, do do a check-up
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    damn dude, what a cheap trick frown.gif

next time, dont awnser to something like that by reaching for a sellphone, dont let that bring your guard down. plus when you travel in those conditions, keep an eye open and survey the area

per, well said xD
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    -If you were to have a baton/pipe/large heavy blunt object on you and were able to 'play the part' one thing that worked for me is to say something like, "You can resta-fucking-sure that if this is happening, right here tonight, I'm taking a couple of you with me." Sounds lame, and corny, but its saved my ass twice already.

[/ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    but its good to alway have a knife or something on you in troublish areas

[/ QUOTE ]

In the time it takes you to say "Oh hold on mr mugger while I fumble around in my bag for a knife and my note card of cleaver things I should say". You've been whacked on the head and are waking up pantsless in an alley. Hopefully with only a few bruises. Even a novice mugger will whack you on the back of the head before talking to you, these guys sound like beginners. You might want to change up your route because they might be camping the same spot(s). Sorry to hear you got popped in the face, and lost your stuff. I'm glad you're ok tho =)

Practice with me.
    "do you have the time?"
    "no, do you have a buck I can barrow I'm hungry"
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    I love the guys recommending knives and ancient asian pressure point techniques. How many physical confrontations have you guys been in? Even when totally sober, calm and focused you'll be damn lucky to hit the guy exactly how and where you want to. So, when you're lying on the ground with 3 guys coming at you, your pulse racing from the unexpected shock of being knocked down, confused as hell, yeah, that's the perfect moment for using the instant-paralysis jackals-claw technique you saw demonstrated in some manga cartoon.

On top of that, guys who make a living out of knocking people around are most likely going to be far better than you at fighting, and pretty good at picking a target that won't be a match for them.

Not to mention that they have something to fight for, and you don't. Even when you beat a guy up, you are fucked up afterwards. Your hands hurting, clothes all ripped, bleeding, someone gouged your eye out, gonna be on sick leave for 2 weeks, for what?

Just leg it, the guys won't bother to take after you, they'll just find someone else. As for the pussies with the lame advice, I'm going to knock your teeth out. Tomorrow. Behind school. Be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully this wasn't towards me: Knock to the throat has worked a number of times for me and I wouldn't recommend something that hasn't. And it's only something to do preemptively, before running. Which I also already recommended.
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    Glad that worked for you Adam but if you really hurt a thug and his buddies are in the bushes expect 3x the force hitting your throat or worse.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    Glad that worked for you Adam but if you really hurt a thug and his buddies are in the bushes expect 3x the force hitting your throat or worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last I'll say as to not start some sort of quibble.

[ QUOTE ]
    ...and you've bought yourself a couple minutes of running time.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    ...And it's only something to do preemptively, before running. Which I also already recommended.

[/ QUOTE ]

Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run.
  • Flewda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    While I agree with you Per, that in most cases a person may freeze, and it'll probably be best to just let them take your stuff and have them on their way. However, for someone who may be capable of doing so (fighting back)...Well, what will make a mugger more likely to learn his lesson? A night in jail and gets out in a matter of hours. Or having a victim fight back, and get the ever loving shit beat out of him. The bitter taste of one's own medicine.

I live in Texas, and personally, if I am carrying my gun with me (and yes it is legal to do so in Texas with a license) I don't think I would hesitate in pulling it on them. Especially if I am with my wife. My family comes before scum like that. And I think calling people "Pussies" for having the mindset that they would DEFEND themselves from people like that is uncalled for.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    and hopefull you will be overpowered, and give thoses bums a gun now! Next step, lets hope u get shot it the fucking face.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    if you happen to be some kind of trained fighter or milatary weapons expert.. then try fighting back if you feel like it.. normal people.. just drop the shit and run. its always easy to envision that double back flip dropkick in your head,, but usualy it don't work out so good.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    lol id hate to live in texas with that mentality.
  • Flewda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OK well you are entitled to your opinions, and I respect that. You can claim I'm just acting like a macho asshole or something, that's cool.

Just don't jump me on the street, and we'll all be winners! smile.gif
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    this is why I don't go outside
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    not tryign to sound anything I just live in a bad area and had it happen to me before frown.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    this is why I don't go outside

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha, made me laugh!
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glue knives toyour face that way when they punch you its like "OWW"
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    fuck, happened to me once but was lucky enought to get out of it without any hurt, just gave the money i had, and as i didn't had any thing more they gone...

about that karate tips and weaponery i'd just forget about it unless you are really good at those.
  • Jeremy Wright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    Again, I really hate to hear what happened to you, man. I don't know about the iron-jackal-death-palm technique, but I will say this: don't let your fucking guard down, ever.

I told my wife we have two totally different ways of looking at life; she thinks everywhere is Mayberry, and I think everywhere is Iraq.

The wife and I were at the pharmacy walking to the car, and some bum walked up and started walking towards us about to ask us something and, before he got to close, I just said, "no". He got all pissy, and said, "well, I'll find someone who DOES give a damn".

The dude may have just wanted the time, or a ride, or some spare change, but I really don't give a shit. Seriously, keep your distance, please, if I don't know you.

It kills me when people ask to see your baby, too. "Oh, she's so beautiful, can I hold her?" Are you fucking retarded?! No, you can't hold her. How 'bout I bite you face off like a mother lion. Jeez.
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    Waitaminute. You're in Australia.

1) Announce: "That's not a knife. THIS is a knife".
    2) Pull out your bowie knife.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    has that retard palm move worked for anyone since the firestarter movie anyways? in fact if we are picking our self defense tatics from that movie, just shoot fireballs at them till they go away.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    if you happen to be some kind of trained fighter or milatary weapons expert.. then try fighting back if you feel like it.. normal people.. just drop the shit and run. its always easy to envision that double back flip dropkick in your head,, but usualy it don't work out so good.

[/ QUOTE ] It's always a nice treat when you disable yourself for your mugger...

Oh hold on while I stretch, here hold this... HEY where are you going with my stuff!? I was going to kick your ass!
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Getting Mugged sucks..Glad you're ok....I would have done exactly the same thing in your situation.
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    its like I Was saying to vig, its really hard to post about street smarts on a online forum. Difference of opinion hits big time.

Im still for the down , foward+ punch thing myself
  • nkoste
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nkoste polycounter lvl 18
    Hey sorry to hear that. Good thing you come on the boards with it cause sometimes when these things sinks in it's not uncommon for some people to get a little depressed afterwards. So my advice would be to talk to your friends and family and let some steam off that way, but it sound like you're good on the way smile.gif
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18