Home General Discussion

Something people don't know about you

I remember on the very old forums there was this topic, and it was a really good interesting read.
The idea is for members to post something that people don't know about them, either some unusual detail, some impactful moment of their lifes, or pretty much anything.

My only detail that I can think of is that I was hit by a drunken driver when I was around 8, and they told me (or I guess my parents at the time) that I would never be able to use my left side again. This of course didn't happen, and because of the settlement there is a trustfund waiting for me when I turn 18.

But I would be really interested to hear some things from the frequent posters of the board

Replies

• adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I lost my virginity on the toilet in my best friends bathroom. I was 15.

Classy.
  • James Edwards
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    James Edwards polycounter lvl 18
    Did he at least buy you dinner first?
  • Valandar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valandar polycounter lvl 18
    I am so flexible that I can touch the soles of my feet to the top of my head, reach around my back and scratch my bellybutton, and more.

My girlfriend loves it. >:)
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    Did he at least buy you dinner first?

[/ QUOTE ]

har-har. It was with a girl, just in his bathroom.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i lost my virginity to a dutch girl who is 4 years older than me.

i then moved to holland to be with her for 2 years.

i'm sorely dissapointed with english girls >_>
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    I'm attracted to red heads, hell my first crush was a red head, and that was back when I was 8 years old
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    I'm dreaming the entire universe. None of you exist except through my imagined observation.
  • e_x
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    e_x polycounter lvl 18
    I played 8-man football in high school.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I can play jump-rope with my hands while grabbing either thumb, or handcuffed.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    I'm really a normal guy...

Oh and i don't know the name of the girl I lost my virginity to after seeing Shrek 2.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    I almost went to a culinary school to become a chef, instead of getting involved in all this game art mumbo-jumbo.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    I broke my arm in a moshpit. I didn't know it was broken, so I went to Hooters with my friend, went to his house, drove myself home, showered, and went to sleep. The next morning it was still extremely swollen and still hurt like hell, so I went to the emergency room.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I've broken my arms 3 times (left twice, right once), I got kicked in the chest in a mosh pit which broke a rib, I've broken knuckles from punching walls, fingers, thumbs, toes... You name it! BROKEN!
    I've been hit by a car in the fourth grade, I've been hit in the head with a cricket bat at full swing, I've been a few car accidents (nothing serious), I've set myself on fire and have a fair few burn scars from playing with fire.
    It's a wonder I'm still alive...

-caseyjones
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    i set things on fire, and never get caught
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    I fuck up cute cats in various interesting ways so that Arshlevon can photograph them.
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Whenever I get a chance I pee in the coffee at work
  • Ozymandias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ozymandias polycounter lvl 18
    I have multiple personalities...it's not as cool or interesting as it sounds.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Whenever I get a chance I pee in the coffee at work

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you pee directly into the coffee pot in the break room, do you take it to the restroom, or do you pee into a separate container and then pour it into the coffee pot? I think peeing into a separate container and then pouring it into the pot would be best... preferably a non-clear container.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I have multiple personalities...it's not as cool or interesting as it sounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you really been diagnosed as having dissociative identity disorder, or do you just mean your personality changes from time to time?
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm really a normal guy...

Oh and i don't know the name of the girl I lost my virginity to after seeing Shrek 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ewww you saw Shrek 2?
  • Lord McMutton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lord McMutton polycounter lvl 17
    I don't have a job and I live with my parents.
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 18
    the girls in high school used to call me sparky.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    The people at work call me Bambi.

-caseyjones
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    I've survived 8 car crashes, in 4 of them the car was a write off.

In the worst of them, the car span about 720 degrees horizontally after it collided with a grass embankment ( the driver was trying to show off, see how fast and tight he could take the corners), it flipped onto the roof and span a further 360 degrees.

When it stopped spinning it was so compressed that we needed to kick out the remains of the windscreen so we could get out.

That one happened on the night the first episode of the Xfiles aired in Scotland, 5 minutes after the episode ended and we went to drive home in the rain along the road from the caravan park that ran parallel to a 300foot drop into the tree line, the car was a few feet from the edge when it stopped spinning.

It didn't feel so bad, I could feel it was coming (after 6 crashes by this point I was developing a sense for them) and at the time it just felt sort of surreal and you end up surrendering control and waiting for the ride to end in much the same way as you do on a fairground ride.

After walking back up to the camp to get help, then driving back down with friends to the crash site, it was very alarming seeing the increasing trail of debris and destruction leading up to the car and I found myself expecting to find a dead body despite knowing there was none.

I felt I understood something fundamental about emotional detachment when I realized I was conditioned perhaps by watching action films enough that I was primed to expect to feel shock when seeing the aftermath from a 3rd person, 1st person, our own experiences seemed less real in comparison.

I never had a scratch on me in any of the crashes and I was never the driver.

r.
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    You're like Bruce Willis in Unbreakable...
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I played 8-man football in high school.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too!!!

I also grew up on a farm in a small town. There were only 20 people in my graduating class.
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Here's mine -

Not only did I consider professional wrestling as a future career for myself, I actually trained, obtained a ring, trained others and performed a few times to an audience. It was alot of fun...but WAY too many injuries.

I also formed a rock band as a hobby and sang lead vocals...did a few shows. Great fun, I'd like to start again but it's hard to find the right people.

Gav
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    I have one kidney.
  • Ozymandias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ozymandias polycounter lvl 18
    Keyser, I have been diagnosed
  • spacemonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    I live in a fantasy world of my own creation. I like it here.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I used to smoke pot with my friends before going to school when I was about 13 or 14, not only that but we would also take magic mushrooms at lunch time.

only because they grew in a field behind my house.

that's why I only got 1 GCSE, although I lied and told my college I got 3.
  • PfhorRunner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PfhorRunner polycounter lvl 18
    Almost every time i close my eyes, it feels like I'm having an "out of body experience".

I have flat feet, yet can run a 5 minute mile, and 100 meters in 10.7 seconds (world record: 9.77 seconds).

Last year I tore both my hamstrings in a nationally ranked track meet, and had to go through 5 months of physical therapy so that I could walk/run without a limp.

I've had someone die in my arms. They were rock climbing near Cannon Beach, Oregon without ropes. We saw him climbing and said "oh that's interesting." got distracted by something, only to have our eyes catch his body tumbling backwards off the cliff two seconds later. I ran to him as my brother called for an ambulance. We performed CPR, but he died before the medics could get down to the beach where he landed on wet sand.
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i once conned somebody out of 50 rupees (barely 1 dollar)...
    the guilt was killing me so i gave him 50 rupees back...

i'm such a dumbass... i coulda bought 12litres of coca cola...
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I was once extremely deadly with my slammer at the game Pogs. I won hundreds of Pogs!

For my 22nd birthday I ate so much, then got so drunk I filled 2 sinks with vomit.

Several years as a kid I would collect bugs in jars, I would have rows of dozens of jars filled with pill bugs, bees, beatles, etc etc and I would even clean their habitats daily.

I lost my virginity on Martin Luther King Jr Day.
  • Frankie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frankie polycounter lvl 19
    I can put my fist in my mouth!
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    My nickname is tripod and no cameras are not my hobby wink.gif
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    hah funny thread smile.gif

so, back in 4-6th grade me and two friends were the master of marbles at my school. we had thousands of em and kept on winning.. Now i lost all my marbles tongue.gif
  • Sa74n
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sa74n polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I can put my fist in my mouth!

[/ QUOTE ]
    i've seen it thumbdown.gif
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    I died during a traumatic birth, I shouldn't be here. I then went through an experimental drug phase a few years ago and overdosed, I was hospitalised and my heart stopped for a brief 12-sec period. Ofcourse since then I can't even take the smell/look of anything other than common smoking/alcohol, it makes me feel like puking.
    Not quite sure if that counts as dying twice but either way I'm ridiculously lucky to even be alive.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    my dad once sucked off vincent price in the back of a taxi

true!
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    I'm lucky to have two bollocks after an incident when I was 11/12. I was climbing a tree and landed /\ against \/ in the lower part. I have an inch scar RIGHT next to my left ball; I was walking round like John Wayne for a week or two..
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

true!

[/ QUOTE ]

ooo.gif
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My left nu got twisted once and i didn't want to go to the hospital. When it started to get so painfull i couldn't stand it anymore i went to the emergency room, where i was told i shouldn't have waited 5 more minutes or it would've been a goner.
    Curiously, i have more than one of these kind of stories.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    I fuck up cute cats in various interesting ways so that Arshlevon can photograph them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahah, awesome, ME TOO!!! However I have sex with them before passing them on for photographing.

poop.gif
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I have a bionic drinking arm
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    I fought forest fires to fund my winters snowboarding in Oregon and Montana for a few years. Saw some pretty cool shit.

Saw the worlds record naked figure 8's at Crested Butte while tripping on mushrooms and had one of my best days ever snowboarding.

I drove a friend 200 miles in a snowstorm through the mountains to get an Elvis costume so he could sneak into the first ever MTV extreme skiing comp unannounced.
  • Chunkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chunkey polycounter lvl 19
    I have a very large tongue.

But no pretty girlfriend... frown.gif
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    Interesting read.

Not that I think I have an excellent grasp of the language but I had outstanding English grades at high school thanks to the grammar and vocabulary I grabbed from computer games. The teachers and other students would think I studied the textbooks like mad.

And I had henoch schonlein when I was 7 which was a pretty bad time for both me and my family. Times like this makes the good times even more valuable.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahah, awesome, ME TOO!!! However I have sex with them before passing them on for photographing.

poop.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Daz, didn't you just say in Arsh's thread you'd wish people would drop it? Odd you'd continue about it here :\
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]

true!

[/ QUOTE ]

haaaaaaaaahaahahaha fuckin-a for visuals! thumbup.gif