Revolution has changed its name to wii

Replies

• Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    BACK CATALOGUE:

well you can already emulate all of the titles on your PC but be prepared to buy back cat sega and nintendo titles through an itunes like system that will charge you a quid a go. Also you don't get to keep the game.

I have a SNES and Famicom hooked up to my TV, I don't think the back cat will attact me, considering anything else I want to play I can do with my USB smart joy.

It's the new games that would make me buy.

I went for a few beers with my mate who named Wii, he said that even though it does mean piss in the UK, Nintendo have made a ballsy choice and once the internet humour has died out it will go on to be a recognisable brand. I'm not inclined to agree, considering how utterly badly the gamecube did in the UK. And that didn't have a bonkers name to put it down. (although nintendo europe are complete idiots, and releasing the hugely popular japanese broadband adaptor would have helped)

[/ QUOTE ]

best to my knowledge the broadband adaptor wasnt relesed in the America's either frown.gif

as for those game scans, i believe the hardware hasnt been shipped to developers yet. They might as well be developer concept visualizations... Let's hope the final result will look similar smile.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Hawken, do you know that with ertainity or is that just speculation?
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    I really haven't heard anything about not being able to keep your games, and I watch news about the Wii like a hawk (really got watch how you phrase things now).

Unless you just mean that the games you buy are stuck on a single console, can't be used anywhere else and are gone the second you ditch the console. That's entirely possible.

It's true that the back catalogue suffers from the widespread emulation out there. Why pay when it's out there for free? And it's not like they're going to have every game ever made, only Nintendo's games and ones from companies who get on board with them. Why would Square release the SNES Final Fantasy games on the Wii when they're selling them full price on the GBA?

On the other hand I completely skipped the Gamecube so I'll be happy to go back and play Zelda, Metroid Prime, etc. And it's nice to be able to play games with a proper controller on a TV screen.

The Red Steel shots should be real, as the reviewer in the magazine actually went and played it. Hardware has been around for a while. Maybe not the final system, but close enough. Then again, marketing is such BS these days that they could easily have stuck in concept pictures anyways.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I have a feeling that Red Steel is set on a track, and you get to control the hand and the shooting. Like the oldschool shooters back in the day (Area 51, etc) only this one moves around on a track.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    Hawken, do you know that with ertainity or is that just speculation?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.nintendo-inside.jp/news/181/18190.html

http://gonintendo.com/?p=1920

and to my knowledge, the games you get off the pay to play system evaporate when the console it turned off. Like playing games on the Sky system in the UK.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I have a feeling that Red Steel is set on a track, and you get to control the hand and the shooting. Like the oldschool shooters back in the day (Area 51, etc) only this one moves around on a track.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that?
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Well, thats not what the game developrs have said. I don't see anything about those graphics that would lead me to believe they are fake.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I'm not trusting? Lke... it looks too good to be true, so we'll get cheated slightly.

Here's hopin' smile.gif
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I bought a Gamecube broadband network adaptor in the UK - who said it was never released? GAME even did a Phantasy Star Online bundle. Was that unnofficial?

You can buy them on Amazon.co.uk
  • Oni Link
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oni Link polycounter lvl 17
    I own and bought PSO and the BBA for my GC and I live in the US.

As far as I know, Red Steel is a fully 3D First Person Shooter like Perfect Dark or Call of Duty and not a lightgun game or on rails like Panzer Dragoon or something.

I have never heard anything about the Virtual Console games being deleted when you turn off the system either. I don't know where you are getting this, hawken. They are stored in flash memory, not RAM and I don't think you'll be streaming games from your broadband connection or something. Nintendo has even mentioned using regular USB drives to store them in.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I guess all we can do is speculate at this point. I get all my info from the newsagent at the moment, when I browse copies of famitsu. They often speculate in that magazine and my Japanese isn't native.

Rick: didn't it take about 2 or 3 years after console launch for that to get released in the UK though?

Dreamcast used the whole "we are gaming" and "3 billion gamers" style appaorch to marketing. No one cared a damn. Why nintendo think it's going to work second time around is beyond me. Then again maybe the market has matured.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Why nintendo think it's going to work second time around is beyond me.

They've got EA's support?
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    You know I didn't like the 'Game Cube' but I would have bought one if they hadn't fucked up zelda. I know I'll buy this one if only to play zelda this time around. I guess it really is about the games for me, except for the xbox...
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    you really didnt like windwaker ?
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    Fuse, you can't play a cel shaded game, otherwise people will think you're gay or something.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wind Waker was a bit lacking on the dungeon count and the sailing was annoying but I suppose fewer dungeons are better than having dungeons that suck and te sailing isn't as bad as travelling in X or OOT.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah I didn't, I followed the launch of the game cube really closely and if you remember they showed a demo featuring a pretty convincing (adult) Link fighting Ganondorf. When they changed that to deformed celshaded kid, well I never got over that. I refuse to touch that game and I didn't buy the system.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I kinda got addicted to windwaker. Never bought the cube though, heh.

Got bored near the end and got lost / forgot what I was meant to be doing.