Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    wow, diggin up the past eh? smile.gif

Thanks for the podcast link. More LOST is always welcome laugh.gif
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    whilst keeping my fixation and rumour news to lurking on Lost forums, did anyone catch ep15 the other day?

I think the links between Lock and him knowing about the countdown + the island being some kind of large social experiment are growing.

ep16 will be interesting, especially to see what they make of the new bunker / theatrical glue!

conspiracies on a postcard
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    I AM SICK OF RERUNS!!!
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I AM SICK OF RERUNS!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Signed.... another one this week also frown.gif
    According to the producers, it's the network doing this, not them.

As for the new bunker, you'd think people would have came back and talked about the new discovery... seemed quiet about it though. I've never seen such a group of people keep so many secrets.

Ep15 was a great show though. I'm a little behind though on parts of season one. I didn't catch every episode, and even some of those I watched, I wasn't watching for details earlier on. I need to catch up what the connection with Ethan is.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn, I'm surprised no one has referred to the last couple weeks. Last week wasn't that great. I think the only thing that came out of it was the island seems to have healed Jin's(?) ability to have kids.

This week's show was awesome though. A black light map, Locke wonders if he'll be able to walk again after crushing his legs (and does), and it's discovered that Henry Gale is FAKE (an other). There are screenshots started about the map on the hatch door that dropped. Here's one of them with some translations: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/kimsphotos/lost/243bfbf3.jpg
    Another good one: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/kimsphotos/lost/243bfbf3.jpg

Next week looks sweet also... I'm glad they've decided to play the show for several consecutive weeks smile.gif
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    I think they are going to be new episodes till the finale in May. Unfortunately it means only 6-8 more episodes at best. This week was good, I wish things would pick up a bit though.

The pace is killing me. I think watching 24 ruins other shows. Because I expect every show to cram things in like 24 does now.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    The pace isn't killing me. I'm not waiting for anything to happen. Just kinda enjoying the ride. I enjoy learning all these small bits of info about the characters, and the little discoveries they make along the way. I'm not hoping for an end. They better be stuck on that island forever!!! laugh.gif
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    the guy in the hatch might not be henry gaile, but Im still convinced that that guy isnt an other. They're trying too hard to convince us that hes an other.
  • Leech
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leech polycounter lvl 18
    The symbol in the center of the different Dharma logos are related to the different bunkers around the island.

The main group of Lost has discovered the Swan post - hence the little swan in the middle of the logo around their stuff. The tail section survivors were occupying the Arrow hatch - the same symbol on the shark tale.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir, that's what I thought as well, but they could still be playing us. They might be thinking "oh, we're making it soo obvious, that people will think he's NOT an other". But in fact, he might be. They've twisted the plot like that before.
    Wednesday's episode was pretty damn good though. I can't WAIT until next week smile.gif
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like we have two new weeks of Lost in a row, then no new Lost for two weeks, then the last four episodes...the last episode is two hours.

And whoo hoo a Hurley episode next week...
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    The symbol in the center of the different Dharma logos are related to the different bunkers around the island.

The main group of Lost has discovered the Swan post - hence the little swan in the middle of the logo around their stuff. The tail section survivors were occupying the Arrow hatch - the same symbol on the shark tale.

[/ QUOTE ]
    And the Staff hatch was the medical hatch. I hope the show actually has these people begin talking... as in Locke sharing that he saw this map. Then actually investigate... that's what I'd do and I think most normal people would.
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hunter polycounter lvl 18
    Oh yea.. for a short time it was starting to slow down to a drag.. But the last few episodes were off the hook.. You already knew that Sayid and Anna would dig up the grave.. For the cool and calculating type of guy that "Henry" seems to be, he didn't seem to see that one coming..

So many more ways that the "Losties" are connected and so many hidden clues. If you don't already know it, this is definately a show you must TiVo or tape weekly, then watch again (at different speeds). The map totally blew my mind, as I am guessing it was something that was revealed because Henry types a few "other" commands into the computer (and did a few more things) before reseting the hatch timer (Like raising the doors, revealing the map, calling for the supply drop (perhaps??))

The show is definately gaining steam again, and thats all good by me.. Im hooked either way..
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, the show makes me wish I had a TiVo unit... I really should get one since my wife really has wanted one (She's not a Lost fan though).

I do like to browse the other forums around the net also. I tend to like http://www.4815162342.com. I have my own thoughts on how things are going, but I just keep them to myself most of the time wink.gif

For instance, I think Hurley's friend "Dave" dies in the next episode. Some people think it's Hurley that dies, and others were suggesting Libby. That's a good way to cure Hurley of this imaginary friend... if he thinks the friend dies, then he will no longer imagine him wink.gif
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    Not that I've watched it all, but do you guys seriously think that there could be ANY explination for it that would'nt dissapoint you?

Looking at simple synopsis, it reminds me of an outer limits episode, where a group of people were stationed in a bunker and had to press a button every few hours to stop a total surface nuke attack. This was protection from alien invasion, as it would destroy all surface life, and save the people underground to repopulate earth.

Again, i hav'nt watched any of it. It would take too much time to catch up at this point. i would just feel sorry for everyone who is excited about this if they let you down. I just dont see how they can explain everything without dissapointing all these fantastical ideas that have come to be the entire point of the series.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I just feel sorry for everyone who is excited about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are way off. And since you haven't watched "any of it", you shouldn't feel sorry for anyone. Chances are more people feel sorry for you. Nothing would disappoint me. I enjoy each show for what it is...not for what it's leading up to...if anything. It's the only show on American TV atm that doesn't take me, or anyone, for an idiot. And there is plenty of time to catch up. The entire first season can be completed in 3 days, and the 2nd season up til now in 2 days. I know this. Skip the recap episode. laugh.gif
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah buddy, don't post here if you aint watched it! sheesh, the gaul of some people.

I loved this last episode, a real edge-of-the-seater!

Then again, I always watch lost in the dark...
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SPOILER**********************

About 90% of the blast door's map was in latin. It's been converted to english, and made into a cleaner photoshop image:

BLAST DOOR MAP

Interesting stuff.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    Fortune for Henry Gale: "I see some torture coming you way courtesy of Sayim & Mr. Ecko and his wooden staff."

new ep on wednesday laugh.gif
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ***Spoiler***

So, without watching. It's a pole shift, climate change, and these people are crashed in antarctica where they have been running genetic experiments. I'm assuming the experiments were to better adapt humans to the climate change? Perhaps the experiments are the 'others'... i dont flipping know, but i'm not going to waste 5 days watching tv rips to catch up lol. Still, i'm curious enough to read synopsis.

I uhm.. actually genuinly hope it does'nt dissapoint people, i was'nt trying to be negative about it. Everyone is getting worked up about it, and I don't want to see everyones lil hearts cwushed.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    shut up complaining whore, cry baby ,drama queen!

YEAH U
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll, seriously. It’s a forum, I’m discussing the topic. I didn’t complain one time, I didn’t cry one time, and I'm not a drama queen.

But for you, since you are god amongst men, I’ll not post here. In exchange, how about you grow up and learn to speak English above high school level? Then maybe you would have the right to throw ridiculous and random accusations at me. Until then, try to figure out that YOU are actually the one complaining and crying over nothing.

*Sigh* (Just for you)
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lol. b1ll is a unique person. That's how he is...unique. He wasn't trying to offend you, Downsizer. b1ll is just quirky. laugh.giflaugh.gif

If you REALLY want to get into some nice reading, check out 4815162342.com
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the link.

alright, i'm hooked. i'm going to start watching on my roomates tivo. i have more theories, but i'll spare you. i've never watched a movie where i could'nt pick out the twist fairly quickly. i'm guessing it's people from the past, teleported to the future. but it's definatly more sci-fi than military/govt crap.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    alright, i'm hooked

[/ QUOTE ]

Yay grin.gifgrin.gif
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    http://www.comcast.net/entertainment/coolclicks/index.jsp?articleId=4&cvqh=lost_theories

i'm amazed at how many people think it's purgatory. despite the logic that i dont think purgatory would have the need for labs. unless dharma was part of someones past and it's being pieced together from all thier pasts. I got all the episodes so far, but wont be able to watch them untill monday. it's killing me.

i'm thinking cerberus (mentioned in the map) is the monster. remember hercules could'nt be killed by it, because he had a pure heart. Eko was'nt attacked. Maybe, nanobots that can tell if you have hostile intentions?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The new episode was really good. Now they'll have people thinking this is all in Hurley's head. I don't know that I believe it's the truth. Seems like another of the writer's red herrings.
    It would explain a lot of things, except how all these other people were created. If I start seeing more Hurley flashbacks with Eko in it, then I'll swing towards that theory.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    Last nights ep was like, lets screw up the audience to think that hurley is crazy and his g/f is imaginary. Lets get more info on Henry Gale! Hopefully next weeks will reveal more.

Oh, some theories on the map from ep17
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/kimsphotos/lost/243bfbf3.jpg
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    This weeks episode was really great. I was really into it. Definately looking forward to the coming weeks to the season finale.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    yeah these past two episodes have really picked up the slack. I'm still most heavily invested in the dynamics between Jack and Kate (this has nothing to do with a possible identification since my first name is Jack, although you do notice they tend to use that name if they want to create a really heroic cool guy character, don't you). so sometimes the large cast and rotating focus can be frustrating when you don't get to see much of any of your favorite characters... but the preview up for next week makes it look like we'll be spending a bit more time with those two. anyhow, been pretty cool. i've enjoyed the exploration of tension between Jack and Locke vying for leadership.
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i'm probably teh only one NOT interested in the drama aspect of this. feels like a soap opera to me sometimes as i'm watching it.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    On the topic of Hurley's imagination, the island is definitely a real thing IMO. Remember two episodes ago when Hurley was bitching about being "out of the loop"? We saw the events that he was upset over not being told about. If those events in the hatch and the party looking for Henry's balloon really happened (we did SEE it) and Hurley is responsible for everything that happens, he'd have to have known about it for us to have seen it. Convoluted, but the only other explanation is that Hurley can imagine all of these elaborate events and yet have no conscious awareness of it, and that seems even harder to swallow.

That and I don't think the writers are going to fuck us with a Bobby Ewing scenario, no one would be happy with that.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually, anything that he didn't witness, could still have been imagined. He can imagine it happening, but not actually be there... then complain later to them that he wasn't involved. Also, just because we see it, doesn't mean it happened either wink.gif The whole thing could be shot as viewing from Hurley's mind.

Anyways... I doubt it is the case. They have a planned time for this show's timeline and it would be ending it prematurely if it were actually Hurley's mind.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "the only other explanation is that Hurley can imagine all of these elaborate events and yet have no conscious awareness of it"
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    Downsizer: hardly. a good part of Lost's considerable following these days are all the people who got the itch for all teh mystery stuff, though of course there's plenty that follow the blatantly soap opera machinations. me, i'm comfortable with both, but i do get annoyed when all the SECRET STUFF gets in the way of character development. hopefully they'll have learned the hard lessons from the X-Files about mysterious mysteries and the like.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If a lesson is to be learned from X-Files, I'd like it to be that they STAY FOCUSED on the central plotline. Probably hard to stray from that with Lost, but far too often in the X-Files later years they ran off on completely insignificant tangents. The show ran nine seasons and we never got a whiff of resolution on the entire alien invasion thing. Mulder's missing sister, Cancer Man, the gizmo in Scully's neck, honey bees, black oil, Krychek, Navajo spirit dreams... it just became a big pile of WTF, as nothing was ever satisfactorily resolved.

If Lost were being developed by Chris Carter, we'd still have no idea what was in the hatch!
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    hehhe right, the old "answering unresolved issues by opening more unresolved issues" gamble. they could have done a season straight of "resolution" type episodes and it's doubtful they really would have been able to push through it all. an important lesson for tv writing, honestly. i think x-files expected to last forever... which, i guess 9 seasons is pretty close to forever, they didn't make it that long with the main stars together. it's such a tricky medium to end things on the right note, at least with american television. here's hoping Lost knows how to go out on top.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    heres hoping the creators of Lost have the entire plot already planned out instead of them winging it and seeing how long they can draw it out before their profits begin to drop.
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    x files dissapointed me heavily. i liked the smal stories that had nothing to do with internal govt conspiracies or whatever. I liked the whole 'investigating odd things' spin it first had. when it started with the drama and drawn out boring stories about dissapointing aliens, i dropped it for the outer limits.

i think the creators are doing some winging based on viewer reaction. you would be stupid not to. lost strangely does'nt fail where others do though. it does'nt seem to compromise what it is, but it sways partially to fan reaction, but never gives in totally. it has a goal, to make you think, and it never dumbs it down.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gah I read by accident that hurly has an imaginary friend before seeing the episode, and it kinda ruined it for me knowing what was going to happen. A first infact, because I've only ever tried to read about episodes I've seen. I try not to speculate about whats going on in Lost, I seem to take it as it comes. From what thier captive says, seems like the magnet thing is true.

I wonder if the other theories will pan out? I seriously doubt it. How can people guess what the writers have planned based purely on what has come before? That's like guessing tomorrows weather without satelites.