Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

aesir's pirate

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
aesir polycounter lvl 18
pirates rock

piratecomplete.jpg

Author's note: the thing on his hand shoots out and grabs onto things.

Replies

• r13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r13 founder
    i'd suggest making the disc he's on, a disc of wood planks. put the man on the deck of his ship with a railing behind him. just a little nicer set dressing.

neck is a bit dark.

the ink blot test chest hair is... different.

i'd suggest a litle more space between the big eybrow and the hat. you're missing the line of skin color there and ruins the nice line of the hat.
  • Brian Miller
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian Miller polycounter lvl 18
    I like his proportions, almost psychonauts like. Man that game was great.

The things that stand out to me the most are some of the details in the face. The yellow tinting of the nose seems odd to me, I think a red tint would be much more suited for the character. Yellow skin tends to make things look sickly. Also the shading of the eyes could use some refining, and are his pupils detached from his eyes? Seems a little odd.The teeth could use a little shadow from his beard and lip I think.

One other thing, I recommend trying to build up his mechanical arm thing. Right now it seems pretty basic even for a cartoon character, and doesn't read very well as mechainical. Adding just a gear or steam pipes would make it alot more obvious.

He's looking cool though, and you're absolutely right.... pirates rock.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the crits you guys. I'll try and adjust some of those things when I get the chance.

oh, and brian, yea the pupils are seperate objects so I can move them around. Didnt want them textured in one place. Your other suggestions I will try and do some work on smile.gif