Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

concept tag: continued with particular violence

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
gauss polycounter lvl 18
After the most recent concept challenge over in the challenge forum (which needs more people, btw!), i realized how much i enjoyed reinterpreting concepts. don't get me wrong, i enjoy making concepts 'ex nihilo' plenty, but there's a special kind of joy and challenge in reinventing or reinterpreting an existing one. paintovers and the like, it's just a lot of fun. for example:

3dguy's 'cup ninja' from last week's challenge:
3dguyninjacup2.jpg

my corpsebot concept that started out as a paintover of Makkon's excellent looking mummified zombie model:
corpsebot2.jpg

THE RULES:

1.) you start by posting something <u>old</u>. original drawings or screencaps of original models only, you can't post someone else's work or commercial artwork. crappy old drawings or models you're embarassed of now are extremely encouraged! if it's a drawing, the <u>less</u> finished the better. doodles and quick sketches preferred. for model shots, try to post shots with no textures. You can post 3 or so drawings, more if they're collated onto the same image.

2.) once you've posted one of your own drawings, you're free to interpret -anything- else in the thread. anything anyone has posted in here, including reinterpretations. the sky's the limit!

3.) you may not post more of your old concepts (step 1) until you've finished participating yourself (step 2)

4.) when posting an image, please show whoever's gone before you. for example, i'll probably take a crack at cep's concept, which is a re-concept on a drawing i did which was based on Kristian's drawing. so i would post the following:

Kristian > gauss > cep > gauss

this just makes it more fun to keep track of how many times a concept has been processed. i want to see a drawing get 5 or more smile.gif

so if you'd like to see me (or somebody else) take a spin on an idea, go ahead and get your drawings posted.

also.... Killingpeople, i sure as hell expect to see your ass in here doing some crazy stuff smile.gif

so that i can participate in this thread properly myself, here's an oldie:
buzzac2.jpg
Buzza was a character i created at the end of high school. i still love the character but i never came up with an iteration of him i was really happy with. have at it! smile.gif

Replies