Home General Discussion

Your most memorable gaming moments?

Bronco
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Bronco polycounter lvl 18
howdy.

Picked up the latest PC ZONE (UK games mag) a couple of days ago and they had a section called "50 most memorable gaming moments ever!!" and it just went through a list of there most memorable moments in gaming.

They acturally presumed when there editor came out and told them the article that Half-life 1/2 would win.

However after thought it was acturally "The Secrets of Monkey island" that won,with its comedy swordplay,funny plots,stan the boat salesman and the "please insert disc 22" gag which made the designer Ron gilbert very unpopular with tech support staff apprently.

other moments included watching barbarians throwing themselves at walls of romen steel in ROME:-total war

and just tearing along the highway on a superbike into the sunset while listening to emotions FM on GTA:vice city.

Id agree with the monkey island series being properly the funniest thing made for the PC ever I have played through 3 of the 4 games and have really enjoyed them.

So,over to you strange people now,whats your most memorable moments??

john

Replies

• Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    One of my favorite gaming moments was in LOZ Windwaker, when your find hyrule castle and it's been frozen underwater. You go into this underground chamber and you see all these stained glass windows of moments from the previous games, then the music starts to have certain melodys from ocarina of time and the two games really came together. It made me happy.
    oh yeah in metal gear solid 3 when snake after losing his eye throws up the c3 shaped like a moth and catches it, that was good too.
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    running someone over for the first time in UT2004 onslaught mode and having 'HIT AND RUN!!!' yelled.

the first sabre lock in JK2 multiplayer.

deflecting a human opponent's blaster bolts back and killing him(!!) with the lightsabre in JK2 MP.

meeting the first HUGE monster in serious sam and nearly messing myself.

getting to a cliff over the sea in halo and looking out at the sea and the ring in the sky.

being transported in first-person mode in elite force the first time.

most of call of duty, including the fact that the team did stuff without any input from me.
  • johnwoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    johnwoo polycounter lvl 18
    Absolute priceless moments in gaming for me was:

Devil May Cry 1: fighting the 1st shape shifting beast..fantastic

HL2: hearing that very disturing scream from the head-crab host after setting them on fire..amongst several

Painkiller: fighting the (biggest) boss with the hammer...very daunting..but fun...

Resident Evil 4: encountering the nutter with long hand blades for the 1st time, Sallazar's maze <screamed like a little girl.. laugh.gif >

Metal Gear Solid: fighting Psycho Mantis...what can I say...genius!!..absolutely genius...
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    expending my entire lot of ammo the first time I ran into Chthon in quake.. D'oh!

being shit scared of those floating psionic jellyfish in Duke 3d

Of course.. the tentacle monster from hl

too many bits of hl2 to mention..

doom 3 where you get the chaingun and the corridor you just came down fills with tasty demon cannon fodder

stalking through the long voxel grass wearing a ghillie suit in delta force 2 to get that perfect sniper angle

fighting that f-ing massive capital ship in freespace 2
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    one of the best was getting the final star on Mario 64

one of the worst was 3 minutes later, and discovering the "reward"
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Dungeon Siege. In the forest with the snow, A super awesome song was playing that really got to me. Wathcing the trees slowly wave in the wind with this music and the snow.. Incredible (Too bad the rest of the game was so dull).

Re-Volt. One or two sections. Like jumping off a second story balcony into a backyard with your RC Car. And then another like driving over a large floor piano (like in the movie "Big")

Deus-Ex. Coming up to the base of the statue of liberty and seeing it's blown off head in a memorial.

The first time driving a mech in a 3d game like the original Mechwarrior.

Walking through the city and finally finding the Thiefs Guild in Hero's Quest.

Coming to that huge plain in Serious Sam the Second encounter, where you fight waves and waves of enemies with three Mayan temples to enter. Later on that secret room where you see them filming the original game through minatures. If you shoot the minature of yourself, you die.

The moody atmosphere of NINs music throughout Quake. Which did endear this game to me more than any other in the series.
  • Asthane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asthane polycounter lvl 18
    Playing Tribes CTF for the first time.... Damn that game kicked ass.

Seeing the Ravanas/Sathanas for the first time in Freespace 1 and 2, respectively. Also: Having the Sathanas warp in right on top of you (And probably smashing you to bits as you try to get out of it's way) wink.gif

Finally meeting up with Shodan in System Shock 2

Aaaaaand.... Devil May Cry: All of it. The whole damn game wink.gif
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    Fallout 2: After scrounging for ammo and goods off low-rent bandits and such in the wasteland for a long time and driven to desperation by my continuing poverty, I was standing outside the shop in the Den where I usually sold my loot, and considering knocking it off. The risk would be steep and I might be cutting off future opportunities by killing the shopkeeper ... but I was radioactive and poor and pissed off, so I went in, big-ass pistol blazing! After managing to off the guy and his guards, I stood panting from exhaustion and weak from blood loss over the poor fella's corpse and looted it. The long list of goods that I transferred into my inventory just about made me weep with relief. I was Big Time.

hehe, man, that WAS a good moment!! I'm going to reinstall FO2 tonight. smile.gif

In System Shock 2, I love my original experience of the first hybrid you encounter, who apologizes as he beats you to death with a rusty pipe. I thought the game looked kinda nifty up to that point, but from then on, I knew it was all going to be completely fucking cool!

edit: OK, as an Epic employee I'm going to sound like a tool, but I have to admit that the first skaarj encounter in Unreal 1 was awesome.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    One of my favourite moments was inventing the Fireball Axe in Morrowind, when I was stupendously rich and had a high enchanting skill... basically, I could walk into the centre of a room, hit one guy once, and everyone in the room would die.
    Oh, and people outside the room might die too, if they were standing too close.

Also fun moments are getting insane rocket and rail snap-shots in Quake3, and air-rocket and air-grenade hits. I got 2 air rocket hits in a row while simultaneously being in midair... skillz!

Rooster: Heh, I did the same on Cthon the first time round... oh and hiding in the voxel grass in Delta Force 2 was great fun! I had a 2-player game once... it lasted about 45 minutes, and had a total of 2 kills... heh.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Beating Full Throttle the first time always sticks in my head as my greatest gaming accomplishment - and moment.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    heh actually I just thought of one particular hl2 moment, I got an electro-ball thing to follow me all the way through the coast road bit, and took it with me on foot all the way to the ant-lion boss bit. It distracted the boss and I could attack without it charging at me. It got destroyed eventually though..
    *sniff, I shure do miss that elecro-ball :'(
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    beating Wart in Mario2 when I was just a small child. then not being able to feel my ass for 20 minutes.

seeing Sonic move faster than the camera

playing mario in 3d and throwing bowser into bombs

Worms2

"welcome to quake III arena"

prince of persia for PS2. the whole game.

"requesting anti-aircraft support"

playing tomb raider on my gf's laptop when a dog jumps out at lara, and my gf accidently stabs the top of her mouth with a fork. no bleeding, but hilarious what a couple pixels can do.

"wake up Mr. Freeman". the gravity gun.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    I remember my first experience as a true LPB in Quake 2. It was November of 1998 and I'd just gotten DSL about two weeks after it debuted in Cincinnati. My very first round of Q2 with that connection was my best round in any FPS game ever. It was a 12-player, 30-frag, standard DM round in the Processing Plant level, and I won the map with 31 kills (double railgun frag to get 30 and 31) and wasn't killed by anyone at all during the entire match. This being my first LPB experience, I thought I had suddenly become a Q2 god! Alas, about a month later, I realized that my leet skillz were at least partly do to my improved ISP, as lots of other guys I knew were getting DSL and kicking my ass again ;D
  • Whargoul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whargoul polycounter lvl 18
    Just about everything in Ultima 7. I love that game.

And the first time I saw the gruesome death by chain gun in Fallout. Man, I love those games! I'm with ya all they Mal!
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Hm, Viewtiful Joe, the Forest of Illusion in Super Mario World... Don't remember more...
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Playing Mario on the nintendo for the first time in the Hospital, after I broke my leg on my bike, which was caused by a drunk driver. I could say I blame him for my gaming addiction... And the ending of Super Mario World for SNES, those firework graphics blew me away.
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    I'll always remember seeing Hitler sink to the ground in a pile of flesh screaming "Eva, auf wiedesehen" in Wolfenstein 3d will always stick to me.

Also finishing X-Wing was memorable because it took me and a friend a very long time to finish.

From more recent games I remember the ending cinematic from Mafia where tommy gets shot years after he got away in the witness protection program. Kind of a Scarface "crime doesn't pay" ending.
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ooo, forgot some:

riding in the convoy, manning the .30 cal, shooting the militia types in DF:BHD's first mission.

a few minutes later, riding in the black hawk and hosing them with the minigun from the air.

getting a 'holy shit!' on team arena when i got fragged about two inches from capping the flag.

the glorious moment i first squished Xaero on the final map on Q3A, thus negating his last kill.

getting the code to work to fly the millenium falcon on rogue squadron 3D
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    hrmmm..

2 player Street Fighter Alpha. Me as Ken and asherr as Ryu beating down M. Bison for hours.

walking down the first new section of the mansion in the Resident Evil remake. just to the left of Kenneth's body outside the dining room. i sat there a few minutes getting the courage to move toward the raven's cage. and again when going down underground in the room with the masks that see, hear, smell and speak no evil.

Resident Evil 2: The 4th Survivor mission. man i was so glad when i finally beat that little bit.

Counter Strike. my friend shooting me with the AWM. he gets a head shot on me and it continues on and hits asherr, who is right behind me, hits him in the shoulder for 70%+ damage.

seeing my first 'high rez' game on the PS2. the opening movie of Armored Core.

beating the tanker stage in Metal Gear Solid 2 always fills me with awe when Metal Gear Ray jumps from the ocean and lands on the the halves of the tanker and then back flips into the ocean again.

oh, and my next one will be whenever i manage to finally play Resident Evil 4 -____-
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    Zelda: After months of waiting my friend finally got Zelda III. After a mad dash down in his basement and pracically shoving in the game in the console the game starts. After creating our first character (named G since G is the first letter the typing cursor is sitting over) going through the intro-text (which none of us understood) we met the rain. Walking out in the rain and listning to the haunting music is undoubtly my finest gaming moment ever. Finishing the game and watching the credits was almost as moving.

Super Mario 64: Playing three hours straight in a shop with the TV set a ridiculos height of three meters and then walking out with the worst neck- and back-pain I have ever had.

Super Mario Bros III: Just sitting and playing the game for the first time with my best friend a nice, sunny afternoon.

Secret of Mana (Gameboy): Finshing the game, never having understood a word of it.

Metroid Prime: The whole game.

Super Metroid III: The intro and ending. Me and my friend tried to draw a map of the whole game. This went overboard and we started making up entire sections filled with ridiculos amounts of weapons, traps and enemies. In the end we had a map consisting of over 300 A4 pages which covered one entire wall.
  • D63
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D63 polycounter lvl 18
    Fallout 2: Entering the boxing tournament in that big city (forget the name) and beating down everyone in the early rounds thinking "This is too easy", then in the final fight I start getting my ass handed to me. So with my last turn and my health basically at zero, I target his groin and BOOM! critical hit! He drops to the canvas like a sack of potatoes and I win the the title. What a game.

Quakeworld Team Fortress: Too many moments to mention, ruled my life for a couple of years back in the day.

Syndicate: Getting the flamethrower for the first time.

Monkey Island: Insult sword fighting!

And so many more.
  • JKim3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKim3 polycounter lvl 18
    Practically locking myself in my room and playing Final Fantasy 7 when I first got it and my PSX. It wasn't the best FF game, but I also got the Around the Fur Deftones CD that day, so I had that playing non-stop while playing FF7. Everytime I listen to a track from that CD I always remember walking in and around Midgar, or whatever that stupid first town was called.
  • HarlequiN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HarlequiN polycounter lvl 18
    Hmmm, I've played games for a long time, so some of these'll be pretty Old School.

Seeing Elite for the first time, being blown away by the fully 3D rotating wireframe Cobra MkIII on the title screen.

About 3 minutes later when I realised that this wasn't Battlezone in space, but that I could go anywhere in this massive galaxy!

Playing mercenary for the first time realising that I could BLOW SHIT UP!

Playing Wipeout and unlocking Venom class for the first time - it seems so slow today, but back then it was like flying at a quizillion miles an hour.

Monkey Islands 1 & 2. I agree with that, they're both genius.

The opening strains of the theme to Rambo on the C64, quickly trumped by the music from Monty on the Run which I had on the same Xmas(they still sound groovy, and you can download them from thar interweb)

Finally completing Maniac Mansion and realising that to complete it properly I had to do it again with all the other possible combinations of characters (I never did). And who ever thought you could get so much game play out of a single house?

Metal Gear Solid - The big revalations at the end. One mind fuck after another. The sequels are good, but nothings fucked up my head like that since, except perhaps...

System Shock 2 - She was Shodan all along! and that's just the start of it.

Doom 2 - "This is MY FUCKING BOOOMSTICK MOTHERFUCKERS!" (ahem)

GTA 3 - being chased by 4 squad cars while blasting peds with my fireengines giant squirt gun. Yeah baby yeah!

And more... Lots and lots of games... so many...
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah, remembered one: Katakis, first boss, when I realized you had to hit a certain part of it to destroy it. That was before I was used to the concept of bosses having only one weak point.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    the knife fight in Resident Evil 4. i hope they have more of that in RE5 smile.gif
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    HarlequiN: Watch the spoilers (System Shock 2).
    If we are going to talk older games, why not Tapper, Pacman and Microsoft Dechlaton (the one game they did right!).
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    In the arcade, it was making it to a bonus level by shooting out windows in 'Area 51'.

In Marathon, it was those sudden quiet moments when, drenched in alien entrails thrown up by the fury of your gunplay, you paused before Durandal's interface terminal, and that crazed AI let you know that you were indeed a legendary figure, a namless cyborg with no other destiny than to be an implement of destruction.

In Half-Life: "ALONEARENTYOUALONEARENTYOU... FREEEEE-MANNN."

Yeah.

/jzero
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    Hmmm maybe in chronological order.

1982 - Finally beating Donkey Kong. So many quarter wasted.

1987 - Beating the first Leisure Suit Larry game smile.gif

1993 - Having visions of running through hallways with WW II Nazi emblems after playing Wolf 3D

1993 - Sitting alone for hours playing Blake Stone. Really started getting me into the sci-fi gaming mode.

1994 - Playing Doom for the first time, and being utterly spellbound, and even terrified. The first time I saw a Pinky demon, I probably nearly wet my pants.

1994 - Aliens TC for Doom. Easily the best TC of it's time, no contest.

1995 - Hexen. Getting to that final level, with Korax. At the time, I thought it was the greatest game. Could still be considered that in my mind, of it's time.

1996 - Seeing the fiend jump at me from the darkness in e1m2 in Quake. I nearly fell out of my chair. I finally did fall out of my chair when Cthon emerged from the lava. Still, one of the all time greatest game sequences.

1997 - Quake II. For my money the most cohesively constructed single player game, from the artwork, to sounds, to storyline, of it's time. I played Half-Life during that era as well, and never felt the same about it as Quake II. Quake II just made me want to kick some ass smile.gif

2002 - Gunman Chronicles. A vastly underrated game. I really enjoyed playing it, and while the artwork quality was varied, overall it was probably the best TC ever created. I loved the old west meets the future atmosphere. The game had so much attention to detail.

2002 - Quake II, Quake III DM. I hadn't played DM in years, not since the Q1 days, and quickly found out I had alot of catching up to do. Still it seemed this big, vast world out there, and I've been addicted since.

2004 - UT2003. Finally ponied up and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the game, considering how much I had disliked the original Unreal.
  • ndcv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ndcv polycounter lvl 18
    FF7 - that game had amazing cutscenes (just like all the other ff games), and the scene where whats-her-face died was amazing. Very moving. That stupid song still grabs me. I had a friend who refused to play any farther because he was so sad.
  • Cthogua
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cthogua polycounter lvl 18
    The first Alone in the Dark for PC, sure everything was hellaciously low poly and not really textured all that well...but when I was looking through those boxes in the first room and that thing jumps out, my spine nearly jumped outta my back. The same thing happened on the first Resident Evil...in one of the first few rooms there is a long hallway and about halfway down the hallway a dog thing jumps in through the window behind you...startled the bejesus out of me.

For straight creep factor...The first time the world changed in Silent Hill. When, after exploring the school you come back to the elevator and there's a new button, and boy that new floor's a treat! ooo.gif That one gave me a serious case of the willies.
  • Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bronco polycounter lvl 18
    Ok so here is mine:-

crushing nazi's against moving pillars in the very very old game "Rise of the triads"....

Duke3d:- 'Shake it baby!'...giving cash to the strippers to show their bon-bons.

Command and Conquer(first game):- The end video of the demise of kane in his temple of nod.

pro evolution soccer 4:- The moment in the last few minutes of the match when Wayne Rooney scored from outside the penalty with a volley into the topcorner of the goal to win it for us against 2 other of my mates,having had the pass come over his shoulder.(controlled by my mate)

Janes World war 2 fighters:- My first night of online gaming ever,when I proved myself against an online squad pilot and beat him in a first-2-5 duel...I flew with the virtural squad for a good few years after that over multiple flightsims...very happy days smile.gif

Operation Flashpoint:- when two of my friends and I were playing a mission over LAN to ambush a convoy,the enermy had a helicopter spotting us and my mates lined up with RPG rockets to take it down I took pot shots with a sniper rifle...it pissed the pilots off immensly and my mates when we were all blown to kingdom come.....classic.

Medal of Honour:-allied assault:- Beach landing...nuff said

Sam and Max-hit the road:-lots of comedy moment.

Day of the tentical:- The section with George washington and the outhouse time machine....hehe

John
  • Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slayerjerman polycounter lvl 18
    For me it was playing AVP1, in the dark mind you and being facehugged for the first time with volume way up. My wife was watching me and I jumped outta my chair and freaked out.

Or my friend and I playing Secret of Mana to max our characters.

But the round robin, 2 day free for all Street Fighter 2 SNES marathon at my friend's house with 4~5 of us was fun as shit.

Ahhh, good times.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ndcv: There's a certain irony in calling it moving and the girl "what's-her-face"...
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Wait. Wait. Forgot.

"GET OVER HERE!"

"FLAWLESS VICTORY' FATALITY!"
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Team Fortress Classic - 1. Learning how to do a double rocket jump as a soldier, to levitate vertically. One rocket at the ground, one off of the wall when you peak out at the top of the first jump. It'll lauch you out of any canyon, or right on top of the enemy base, while the entire enemy team sits there scratching their heads.

2. Mastering the art of the concussion grenade jump as a scout. This could send you flying so fast that no one could shoot you in the air, and would send you sailing across any kill zone safely.

Call of Duty Multiplayer: Realizing that you could actually straddle proned-out snipers, and bash them to death. This looks beautiful with killcams on, and I managed to get 4 of them in a row one time. Duck walk, duck walk, bash, duck walk, duck walk, bash... Muuuuwwwaahhhahahah!
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beating nearly everyone on ultimate mortal kombat 3 using noob saibot and winning nearly every match double-flawless thanks to his paralysis move

beating some kid at college on streetfighter vs x-men using ryu and doing a 35 hit combo version of the fireball move, cos i saved up my special move energy.

playing transformers quake 2 v3 and actually transforming and FLYING for the first time.
  • flachdrache
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flachdrache polycounter lvl 18
    fighting the helga monster from rtcw

using the flamethrower in multiplayer rtcw to "clean" the bunkers in the beach map

running around in kingpin for the first time

hunting someone in kingpin DM for 5 minutes and getting a headshot from him

playing the alien part of avp with 3Dstereo glasses

hunting predators as an alien in avp DM

getting a "holy shit" by killing the enemy flag carrier in q3a ctf right at my flag in more trouble

searching for pen and paper after years because of hunter :redemtion on the xbox

running around in my first q3a map

dancing in the spotlight in sc2

playing the most stupid c64 games ever because they where banned

getting the story of silent hill 2 (most of them laugh.gif)

the tension of vietcong while staying in the swamp in the middle of the night
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Just about everything in Ultima 7. I love that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude! I can't believe I forgot U7. The moment in Serpent Isle where you emerge to find everyone -- fuckin' everyone -- lying on the ground dead was a classic moment indeed.

In U5, the point at which you can defeat the Shadowlords (I forget the specifics; capturing them in some kinda portable Ghostbuster prison or something?) kicked ass too. After spending the entire game being completely terrified of those guys, finally turning the tables was a major event.

Shit, they're just flooding back to me now: the first time moose and I teamed up to kill a Son of Arugal in World of Warcraft ... ohhhh, YES! After I was big and bad enough to solo him, I went back to Silverpine over and over to hunt the bastard down out of spite ...
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    Here are some memorable moments.... Clickety and Clickety #2 laugh.gif
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ah, onscreen proof...
    shot0176.jpg

I WON!!!!! AGAINST DR X!!!!
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    Nice win there, Scott! smile.gif
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    considering the ping, it was an amazing win!
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    hahaha, bmer is a spolied lpb hahaha, i can't wait to tease him about this tommorow morning :P

My favorite game moment when I was a kid was probably defeating my shadow in Legend of Zelda II (Link)

As far as recent game memories:

a 6 or 9 hour FFA starcraft match on one of the largest maps with Shawn Wood and Tom Jenkins in college one weekend. I don't remember who won, but I snuck a ghost into his fleet of Star Cruisers and did the classic jihad suicide bomb attack....classic.

A close runner up was one of my first lan parties, playing doom2 deathmatch. I was being chased and I hit reverse and let my opponent fly by me, then I shoved a rocket up his ass and won.

I loved that.

games rule...I love my job.

-R
  • HarlequiN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HarlequiN polycounter lvl 18
    Cubik, I spoiled nothing, there's a lot of women in System Shock 2. Sort of like me saying Darth Vader is... A MAN! wink.gif
    I choose my wording carefully when it comes to "spoiling" things...

Since I'm here, I'll throw in another. Unreal, when you step out of the Rykers for the first time. Gob dropping when it came out.
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Darth Vader is ..?!

oh you fucking BASTARD
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    I guess in my memory playing one on one with reaper bots in Q1. Was crazy about it.
    First time I played Headhutners for Q3.
    First time scoring in bombing run with UT2004 demo.
    Once for some odd, odd reason I aced every single bot to pieces in Q3DM17 and I just hit every single time, won like 29 to closest bot was 13. Never happened since.
  • kendo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kendo polycounter lvl 18
    Id have to agree with John Woo in regards to MGS pyscho mantis fight, thats a classic.

Most of FF7

Cooperative streets of rage 3 where you save the president.

Killing the Giant croc in res evil 2, or possibly replaying with machine super shot gun.

hours long battles at age of empires 2

completing Alundra, i bet there is no one here who can say they have done that(if there is then well done your equally sad).
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    free drive in driver 1 in miami as the sun goes down...

playing UT2004 ctf demo earlier today and getting 50+ kills, no deaths and 100% efficiency on every damn weapon!
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    My first FPS was Trespasser, the first time I wandered around that world, it was so amazing. I felt so much wonderment. Then I passed the first corner and turned around and saw a raptor running at me through the tall grass, I almost pissed my pants.

Lately it was in Hl2. When the woman in the underground railroad motioned me over. I was rounding the bend, and didn't quite know where to go next. She was kneeling in a cement drainage tube. She told me where to go next and said she was going to stay behind for any stragglers. It really got to me, I could definately feel her self sacrifice wanting to stay behind. HL2 for me is the best single player game I've ever experienced.
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    First time I jumped into a plane as a gunner in BF1942.. and seeing the ground leave my feet... AWSOME.. someone else besides me is flying.. how cool. :P