Home Career & Education

How to get professional appraisal?

Hiya! I'm gonna keep this short just for time's sake. I've been practicing prop, weapon and character asset design for games about a year using Blender, and I believe I'm at a roughly intermediate level. However, I don't think I'm one to judge, and once I have a large enough portfolio, I'd like to see what a professional has to say about the standard of my work and my potential in the industry. Is there some kind of website I can visit or party I can contact?

Replies

• BagelHero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    Crowdsourced is pretty valuable, and you may get multiple working professionals replying. Why not just post here?

If you're dead-set on doing private, you're probably better off manually finding an artist you trust who reviews portfolios or does mentorships. Not all professionals are alike in skill, review, nor teaching level. Might be more pricey that way, but that's paying for said professionals' time :) It's hard to suggest many folks for this, because there are a lot of great artists out there who do portfolio reviews and we aren't super sure what your work looks like so it's hard to know where to point you.
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    I always thought this was the best place for that. Not as many posting as a year or two ago for some reason but still the best place I know of.

That may help you narrow things down a bit, then if you still feel a need for 1 on 1 advice, you'll be better able to make use of the time.