Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Dark Rider

polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Pav3d polycount lvl 666
Hello,

Been playing a lot of Fire Emblem so I wanted to make a baddie that could fit in that universe, based loosely on Napoleonic cuirassiers.

Had some downtime a few months ago so was able to get rather far with the concept sculpt. Heres a gif of the very early versions:
I wanted to give him a mount so Ive been doing some horse practice. Heres the concept sculpt and a rough blockout of the final pose too. Not too sure on the horse armour yet, will need to come back to it.

Replies

• Nuclear Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    Damn Pav you are starting out strong on this one! I am not a fan of the final pose though, feels very stiff and does not give any sort of bad guy vibe to me. 
  • Phoenix995
    Offline / Send Message
    Phoenix995 greentooth
    i like the pose on it :)
    will turn out great for sure!
  • TaulNotShort
    Offline / Send Message
    TaulNotShort polycounter lvl 2
    Very cool! Can't wait to see more!
  • LokiDokie
    Offline / Send Message
    LokiDokie polycounter lvl 4
    This is awesome i love the face shape :) 
  • DavidCruz
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Love it, started out Asian and became this guy, pretty cool, those are some original and intense looking eye brows. :) Looking forward to more.
  • carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero ngon master
    I see you work on another masterpiece ,maybe I can give my little contribution :
    Arms look kind of broken as if they are not his someone gave them to him to wear for a while
    I think the problem is combination of armor design [shoulder and forearm piece]  and exaggerated carrying angle , reducing carrying and  and making his shoulder wider will do the job .I know you going to rig and pose him but still some of current gesture/flow will remain baked in the pose
    Also his feet are quite small , widest part of feet [metatarsal heads] and knee are pretty much the same width
  • Pav3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Pav3d polycount lvl 666
    Really digging this! Don't know if this is just my personal preference, but the sharpness of the orbital and the fact that is fully visible all the way around the eye feels a bit awkward. Having it smooth out as it goes to the cheek/malar fat pad area feels more natural to me:

Thanks stevston89  thats a good spot :) Im going to reduce it but ill still keep there a bit there since I do like the exaggerated orbital
    I see you work on another masterpiece ,maybe I can give my little contribution :
    Arms look kind of broken as if they are not his someone gave them to him to wear for a while
    I think the problem is combination of armor design [shoulder and forearm piece]  and exaggerated carrying angle , reducing carrying and  and making his shoulder wider will do the job .I know you going to rig and pose him but still some of current gesture/flow will remain baked in the pose
    Also his feet are quite small , widest part of feet [metatarsal heads] and knee are pretty much the same width

Cheers carvuliero, something was feeling a bit off and thats really helpful :)
  • CheeseOnToast
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast polycounter lvl 15
    No useful crits here, just mentioning that I really like the compression folds and planar bits on the trousers. You just don't get results like that from MD.
  • Svartberg
    Offline / Send Message
    Svartberg quad damage
    Ooh, the stylized look is sooo crisp, man!
    It's going to be really good!