Home Marmoset

Can't bake one piece right

I can't find out why this part is baked incorrectly. I rechecked everything, moved the cage. I made this model in blender. Unwrapped it several times, checked the direction of the faces etc. Everything else is in perfect condition. Can you please help me with this?

Replies

• Interface
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Interface polycounter lvl 3
    Hm, I don't wanna say this for certain, but it COULD be a UV's issue. I know that I was getting results like this whenever it would turn out to be something up with my UV's. Usually, the issue was that I had multiple UV sets without even knowing which would end up giving me stuff like this. So you could check to see if for some reason or another Blender decided to do this to ya. I'm not too sure how to check for multiple UV sets in blender since it's been a while since I've touched it. But I'm fairly certain there's a little drop down for it somewhere. 
  • shiftynick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Interface said:
    Hm, I don't wanna say this for certain, but it COULD be a UV's issue. I know that I was getting results like this whenever it would turn out to be something up with my UV's. Usually, the issue was that I had multiple UV sets without even knowing which would end up giving me stuff like this. So you could check to see if for some reason or another Blender decided to do this to ya. I'm not too sure how to check for multiple UV sets in blender since it's been a while since I've touched it. But I'm fairly certain there's a little drop down for it somewhere. 
    Thanks for the answer. I just double checked, I have one UV set. I tried to change the position of this object on the UV but it didn't help.
    Wherever I place it, this strange effect appears.

• Interface
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Interface polycounter lvl 3
    Interface said:
    Thanks for the answer. I just double checked, I have one UV set. I tried to change the position of this object on the UV but it didn't help.
    Wherever I place it, this strange effect appears.

Hm, that is really strange. Other than it being a UV's issue then I wouldn't know what it could be. By any chance can you post a couple more screencaps of your models? Of both the Hi and Low poly of this area just so that I can see what kinda detail you're trying to bake down. Hopefully, that'll maybe give me or someone else a hint as to what it could be. 
  • shiftynick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sure. For LP part I used sharp edges and edge split modifier. I wanted to redo this part from zero, but I would like to figure it out, because this can happen with more serious parts.
  • Vertrucio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vertrucio greentooth
    If you have this same geometry in multiple places, are they instances of the same geometry, or are they individual geometry with their own UVs.

Don't bother with edge split modifier, it doesn't work most of the time and is outdated for your purposes.

Are these pieces named properly? If so, check to make sure marmoset has updated to drop them in correct baking groups.
  • shiftynick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have no instances and only one UV map. All named properly (Everything was automatically divided into HP and LP). I'll try to bake it without edge split again and double check everything one more time.