Home Technical Talk

Problem with two texture set list uploading to Mixamo

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
kaiman polycounter lvl 5
Hi, I will try to explain me the better I can and I will upload a lot of photos for improve my explanations because I don't know how to explain this, apologies in advance.

I have a model with two "parts", the armor and the body, I divide the model in two parts because I thought it would be the best form to avoid problems making the normal maps in Substance.

This parts have differents UV's and a different color (Green), the UV's of the Armor:

And blue and the UV's of the body: 

I selected the two objects and exported.

And imported to Substance Painter to texturize, here I have two texture set list and everything works fine.

The body:

And the armor:

I upload the model to Mixamo (because I want to try put a breath animation) and everything works correct.

But when I downloaded the model and put it in Marmoset Toolbag I notice the model was combined in one mesh and I can't use my textures.  :'(

Because the UV'S have been combined:

If I use my model (Not the model downloaded from mixamo, the old model) and the textures of Substance Painter in Marmoset everything works fine: 

I know I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what it is.  If someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong and If I can do something in order to Mixamo don't combine my UV's I'd be really grateful. 

Thanks!

Replies

• Alex_J
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    mixamo combines the materials. But you have everything you need now so its just a matter of reorganizing.

• You have the model with correct UV's and materials.
    • You have a rigged version of that model with animations.

So you need to transfer the correct materials onto the rigged model. In maya you can just select those faces/uv shells which should get the armor material, right click and then assign the correct material. Same with the body. Should be that simple.
  • kaiman
    Offline / Send Message
    kaiman polycounter lvl 5
    Alex_J said:
    mixamo combines the materials. But you have everything you need now so its just a matter of reorganizing.

• You have the model with correct UV's and materials.
    • You have a rigged version of that model with animations.

So you need to transfer the correct materials onto the rigged model. In maya you can just select those faces/uv shells which should get the armor material, right click and then assign the correct material. Same with the body. Should be that simple.
    Thanks Alex! The problem is that Mixamo don't respect my UV's organization and change it, this is the model of Mixamo and the orange UV's are the armor:

And my original armor UV's are this: 

For this reason I can't apply my textures, and the same happens with the body textures.

Thanks for answer me!
  • Alex_J
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    Hmm, I can't imagine why it would change anything about the UVs. It is only skinning to a rig.

Perhaps you had a couple of UV sets present before uploading to mixamo and it chose the wrong one. Use the UV set editor in maya to double check that.

If that isnt the problem, upload an .mb file of the model you are sending to mixamo and I take a look later.
  • kaiman
    Offline / Send Message
    kaiman polycounter lvl 5
    Alex_J said:
    Hmm, I can't imagine why it would change anything about the UVs. It is only skinning to a rig.

Perhaps you had a couple of UV sets present before uploading to mixamo and it chose the wrong one. Use the UV set editor in maya to double check that.

If that isnt the problem, upload an .mb file of the model you are sending to mixamo and I take a look later.
    Yes I have a couple sets but I don't know what I have to do before uploading to Mixamo in Maya in the UV set editor, what you want me to double check? 

UPDATE: I combine the two objects that I had in Maya and imported to Mixamo and now everything works correct. I think the problem arose when you have two objects separated... you have to combine before exporting.

Thank you very much Alex!