Offline / Send Message
    kayta greentooth
    colour sketches

sketches and studies in procreate

painting where I used a pen sketch as a base

• kayta
    Offline / Send Message
    kayta greentooth
    Another building with a pen sketch  base, added more of an environment around it this time

And here's some interiors of the last two buildings

• Eric Chadwick
    Hi Kay, neat work! 

I think it might help to add labels to your sketches, if the intent is to provide a concept for someone to build as a 3D piece?

For example in the last sketch, it's hard to tell what the rows of hanging things are in the upper floor. Are they bee hives? Punching bags? Fungus farms? Hanging sausages with fruit slices stuck in them?

One common shortcut is to do a callout sketch with more detail. You've started one for the hanging things, but you really haven't added enough detail to visually explain what it is. You could add a text callout like "hanging fungus farm" and some explanatory text further explaining it's a fabric bag filled with soil, with mushroom growths. You could also use photos in your callouts, as a shorthand instead of re-painting them. 

Just some ideas. Hope it helps!

• kayta
    Offline / Send Message
    kayta greentooth
    Hi Kay, neat work! 

I think it might help to add labels to your sketches, if the intent is to provide a concept for someone to build as a 3D piece?

For example in the last sketch, it's hard to tell what the rows of hanging things are in the upper floor. Are they bee hives? Punching bags? Fungus farms? Hanging sausages with fruit slices stuck in them?

One common shortcut is to do a callout sketch with more detail. You've started one for the hanging things, but you really haven't added enough detail to visually explain what it is. You could add a text callout like "hanging fungus farm" and some explanatory text further explaining it's a fabric bag filled with soil, with mushroom growths. You could also use photos in your callouts, as a shorthand instead of re-painting them. 

Just some ideas. Hope it helps!

Hey Eric, thank you very much for the feedback! I didn't see this until today but I made some progress on the first drawing that is similar to your advice I think- prop callouts and other information.
    This interior is based on a nightmare I had where an old man trapped me in his house and earned money by letting people perform surgery on me. It's inside a house where dreams take place, and so this is showing one dream/nightmare scenario.
    I made a few boards of this project:

• YiKai
    Offline / Send Message
    YiKai polycounter lvl 5
    Keep it up! Your work is keep getting better and better!  :) 
  • kayta
    Offline / Send Message
    kayta greentooth
    YiKai said:
    Keep it up! Your work is keep getting better and better!  :) 
    Thank you! :smiley:
    --

Been squeezing in some time for my annual self portrait! Might poke at the hair and background a bit more, not sure.

• kayta
    Offline / Send Message
    kayta greentooth
    test shots for The Faceless
    _10

_09

• kayta
    Offline / Send Message
    kayta greentooth
    b and w sketches

smell of silence, smell of squares

escape

• ridger_drift
    Offline / Send Message
    ridger_drift polycounter lvl 5
    May I take a shot at creating a 3D version of your "Unlicensed Surgey" concept some time down the road.  For portfolio building purposes only and I'd credit you of course.

Thanks.
  • kayta
    Offline / Send Message
    kayta greentooth
    May I take a shot at creating a 3D version of your "Unlicensed Surgey" concept some time down the road.  For portfolio building purposes only and I'd credit you of course.

Thanks.
    @ridger_drift yes of course, that sounds awesome! Let me know how it goes :smile:
  • kayta
    Offline / Send Message
    kayta greentooth
    harbinger, bronze

• kayta
    Offline / Send Message
    kayta greentooth
    RPG illustrations
    Town street view

aerial view day // night

barn

street view process gif

• TudorMorris
    Offline / Send Message
    TudorMorris polycounter
    Yaaaaas Kay!  B)
  • kayta
    Offline / Send Message
    kayta greentooth
    Yaaaaas Kay!  B)
    --
     I didn't even realise this had been fronted  :D thanks Tudor !!
  • kayta
    Offline / Send Message
    kayta greentooth
    i) foetus cooker
    ii) ritual bell
    I decided to revisit a project I worked on a year ago for a challenge, of a dark ritual by an Oracle Mother who immortalises the ill by turning them into stone.
    I liked the idea and wanted to develop it further without the boundaries of the competition and with what I've learnt in the last year. Here are a couple props which I sketched in ink then painted over.

original ink sketches

• kayta
    Offline / Send Message
    kayta greentooth

Here's a scifi piece I worked on in the summer, my initial idea was a fish farm in space. At the end it took the direction of an industrial port/outpost, but I learnt a lot from it in terms of workflow and still have a few small things I'd like to tweak like the spaceship design, and make another piece that shows the farm more close up so I can indicate the fish better.

I used Blender/Eevee to make a simple blockout and then the rest was in Photoshop.

As I worked on it, I imagined it being a very old space outpost that had been re-acquired by a rising trade group, who used its proximity to the closest desert planet to raise fish for its rich inhabitants.

• kayta
    Offline / Send Message
    kayta greentooth
    thanks for the front! I played around a bit more with this piece, just with light hitting the planet at the back.

• kayta
    Offline / Send Message
    kayta greentooth

Here is a card illustration I worked on for The Elder Scrolls Legends - Jaws of Oblivion expansion, final cleanup by Björn Hurri.
    [Wild Boar can't gain Cover. At the start of your turn, Wild Boar moves and gains +1/+0]

"The Elder Scrolls: Legends", © 2019 ZeniMax Media Inc. / Opus Artz.