Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female Anatomy Ecorche Study Critiques

null
Hello Polycount! 

I've decided its finally about time I actually start getting involved in the online CG community. Only been doing 3d stuff for about a year, and I've worked on a few characters and other miscellaneous projects in that time. But I still feel like a total noob when it comes to anatomy.

So I decided to go more in depth on some anatomy study the other day. This is what I got so far. I don't plan on touching the hands, feet or head for now, and I still need to finish up the forearm muscles. But otherwise, how does everything else look so far?

Any feedback would be much appreciated, thanks!

Replies

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Do you have something less glowing ?
    Side view : legs are thicker then torso this should ring a few bells
    In general you have long sweeping curve which work for a blocking out but muscle are not like that they have bellies which normally bulging and tendon part which is relatively thin this dynamic create plane changes also there is a lot of overlapping[I guess you can do that in refining pass] I can see few small mistakes like [triceps and deltoid] and [gluteus maximus and biceps femoris] fighting who will be on top , trapezius not reaching quite to the T12 vertebrae , gluteus maximus should overlap gluteus medius and gastrocnemius will require some cutting as muscle part only reach half way down the leg
    Its a good start and if you put enough time you might end up with really good ecorche
  • Hypnocube
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hypnocube null
    Thanks for the pointers @carvuliero you just the person I was hoping to hear from.

I implemented all of your suggestions. But I'm not sure that I'll super in depth to make it properly realistic. I'm mainly just working on this to help solidify and expand my understanding of anatomy as it is. Like muscle names, locations, what overlaps what, bony landmarks, ect, ect. After I'm happy with this I'll move on to working on characters with skin and fat.

Changed the material and got more angles. Any other issues popping out? (Do the triceps look a bit deflated, I just noticed now)

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    I have a strange feeling that you been using Ryan's zbrush ecorche as your main reference did you use any other ?
    There is a lot more stuff but I kind of end up with no space to write , I suggest you finish arm muscle and any other you might missed and start making global changes like silhouette adjustments ,muscle interlocking and proper volumes
    Yes triceps is all over the place