Home Technical Talk

Lazy Nezumi Pro - mouse and pen smoothing in PhotoShop and other apps!

Replies

• kamih
    Offline / Send Message
    kamih polycounter lvl 11
    poopipe: it should work with all tablets. The problem is that some have really bad drivers. Please send me an email describing the problems you ran into, and include LNP's log files (Help/Send Logs menu will show you where they are).
  • poopipe
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    it has awful drivers.  My trial has expired but it's still exhibiting the problem.  I'll chuck you a mail with logs in shortly.  Thanks
  • poopipe
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    fixed and purchased.  

the customer service round here is good :D
  • kamih
    Offline / Send Message
    kamih polycounter lvl 11
    The Rulers Update is officially here! :)
    https://lazynezumi.com/news#17.01.06

• PolyHertz
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    I set LazyNezumi to start up with Photoshop when I installed it, is there a way to turn this off without reinstalling LazyNezumi?
  • pior
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    About the cursor hide/show feature : is there a way (either directly in the LNP settings, or using some kind of clever workaround) to make it tool-dependant ?

Practically speaking, when doing lineart In Photoshop I'd love to be able to have the cursor fully hidden when using the brush tool, but still having the cursor show up whenever the eraser tool is active (that is to say, displaying the usual brush size preview for accurate erasing).

Thanks !

@PolyHertz : isn't this what you are looking for ?

• kamih
    Offline / Send Message
    kamih polycounter lvl 11
    Pior: this isn't possible currently. I'd have to add a whole new setting window for this. Can't you just use the shortcut to show/hide the cursor?

Today I've released the 17.06.09 update, which adds Auto Fit to the Ellipse Ruler, so you can just sketch a rough ellipse, and have LNP match the ruler params to it. You can then fine-tune with the control points, erase the sketch, and draw a perfect ellipse of the exact shape you need.
    https://lazynezumi.com/news

• pior
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Hi @kamih , thank you for the follow-up and sorry for a late reply.

Regarding eraser display while using the app in no-cursor mode : Indeed, I could toggle LZN back to "cursor on" mode every time I am about to use the eraser tool, but this would slow things down quite a bit and get in the way of muscle memory. I could probably work around the issue to an extent with an Autohotkey script (by remapping the keys I currently have for the Brush tool and Eraser tool to Brush tool+Cursor toggle and Eraser tool+Cursor toggle) but that would cause issues when typing text and would invert the intended cursor display if one of these tool shortcuts were to be pressed twice in a row ...

Overall it's not a huge issue of course and the benefits of the no-cursor mode far outweigh this "quality of life" hiccup. It's just something I wish I could find a clever solution to as it would make lineart even nicer to work on. (As a matter of fact ... it is less about showing the eraser, and more about the fact that the brush tool really is the only tool that benefits from being hidden.)

Also, a feature suggestion : I am currently using a Autohotkey script in order to enable autorepeat on History backtracking (= Undo). This is a feature that most painting programs have (Krita, Manga Studio and Mischief all have it ) but as far as I am aware no version of PS ever got that. By autorepeat I mean : the ability to undo multiple times by keeping the undo key pressed down. Maybe this could be a nice addition to LZN ?

The smart ellipse guide looks great !
  • kamih
    Offline / Send Message
    kamih polycounter lvl 11
    I've added a way to change directions while using the perspective rulers, without lifting the pen!
    In either Auto or Manual line snap modes, just stop and press the control key before changing direction. There's also a new mode called "auto detect + dir change" with which you don't have to press any key.
    This is all in update 17.09.26: https://lazynezumi.com/news

• Stinkhorse
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinkhorse polycounter lvl 12
  • CreativeSheep
    Offline / Send Message
    CreativeSheep polycounter lvl 8
    Lazy Nezumi key feature is now in Ps 2018; which was lazy mouse.
  • Elithenia
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    There's quite a lot more to Lazy Nezumi than just a lazy mouse. The perspective tools are great
  • Michael Knubben
    Creative Sheep, we appreciate you keeping everyone up to date on which tools are now pointless, but please just post a thread about PS 2018 and don't disrupt people's threads.
  • CreativeSheep
    Offline / Send Message
    Wait, what; who said I'm disrupting peoples thread ? I was stating that his key feature is now in Photoshop; if you took that as a disrupt, well that's not on me.
  • Joopson
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    his key feature is now in Photoshop
    One of his key features, sure. But there's a lot more to Lazy Nezumi than just lazy mouse.
  • CreativeSheep
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson said:
    his key feature is now in Photoshop
    One of his key features, sure. But there's a lot more to Lazy Nezumi than just lazy mouse.
    That is exactly what I meant. :)
  • Michael Knubben
    As I said: post a thread about Photoshop 2018. And whether it's on you or not, let's say I disagree.
  • RN
    Offline / Send Message
    RN sublime tool
    Lazy Nezumi allows you to hook other programs, so it can still be useful if you're forced to use some other art program that doesn't have mouse stabilisation (e.g. Harmony) and you feel the need for it.

• Vertrucio
    Offline / Send Message
    Vertrucio greentooth
    I know this can be used across a lot of stuff, but any chance of some kind of specific Affinity Photo integration?
  • Stinkhorse
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinkhorse polycounter lvl 12
    Now I have this.

Convincing a few other people to give it a look too.
  • Mask_Salesman
    Offline / Send Message
    Mask_Salesman polycounter lvl 13
    Oh Fuckadoodledo, how have I not seen this until now? This looks amazing guys, plz take all my money :)
  • kamih
    Offline / Send Message
    kamih polycounter lvl 11
    Happy new year guys! :)
    LNP's ellipse ruler can now be used as an isometric protractor!
    You can also draw along the radial lines (press ctrl to change lines, like with the perspective rulers).

• kamih
    Offline / Send Message
    kamih polycounter lvl 11
    Lazy Nezumi Pro update 118 (build date 18.02.01) is now available!
    I've added a new feature to the perspective rulers called Box Mode!
    When enabled, it will clamp your pen position to the limits of previously visited axis.
    You can now draw perfect perspective boxes without lifting the pen (press control to change axis while drawing), and without worrying about overshooting at the corners!

This is also available for the Ellipse ruler, including symmetric options, so you don't have to count angle ticks when closing symmetric circular sections!

• kamih
    Offline / Send Message
    kamih polycounter lvl 11
    Guys I did it!
    Automatic Photoshop canvas zoom/pan tracking for LNP's rulers!!
    Didn't think this was possible due to Photoshop's API being utterly lacking, but I finally found a way. :)

• kamih
    Offline / Send Message
    kamih polycounter lvl 11
    Hi guys,
    If you ever struggle to draw accurate circles/ellipses in perspective, you might find LNP's new Perspective Ellipse helpful!
    https://lazynezumi.com/perspectiveEllipse
    Also, this week marks the 5th anniversary since the launch of the project!
    To celebrate, LNP is on sale all week for only $20!