Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

World Of Warcraft FANART: Undead Starting Zone [image heavy!]

Replies

• Bolovorix
    Offline / Send Message
    Bolovorix ngon master
    @tomenjerry Sweet, looking forward to seeing how you handle things. Love the stones btw!
  • Mateus
    Offline / Send Message
    Mateus interpolator
    This thread makes me wanna try to make an environment. But it's overwhelming and I have no clue how to start, so I'll keep with characters :)
    Love creativity and love put in the textures!
    Looking forward to the updates.
  • tomenjerry
    Offline / Send Message
    tomenjerry polycounter lvl 6
    @Mateus Hey! I have the exact opposite XD. maybe I'll do a character in the future. An undead maybe ;)

Hey! been a long time since I posted something. Busy doing schoolwork, and had a bit of a hard time with some textures. I'm working on more stuff, here's a nupdate of the tree. I redid the branch texture, instead of cloning a clump of leaves (/needles) I painted all of them by hand. I also redid the bark texture, this one is way better in my opinion. I'm going to make a unique texture for the bottom part of the tree, to indicate roots and moss and stuff.

• lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Tree is looking much better, not that it looked bad before :p
  • tes3d
    Offline / Send Message
    tes3d triangle
    wow .. lots of work.. looking pretty great.. cant wait to see the final result.. cheers

• KrisLW
    Offline / Send Message
    KrisLW polycounter lvl 5
    This is fantastic so far, I love seeing all of the WIP shots and watching it all come together.  :) Your texture work is phenomenal! I really like the way the foliage in particular is turning out - the cobwebs/moss hanging off of some of the branches is a perfect touch.

That house is awesome, too! Lots of little details, I can't wait to see the scene once it's fully lit!

I agree with going into an actual engine as well. I started in Blender, did my rendering in there, meh. Moved onto to Maya, did some rendering in there, again, meh. Tried UE4 and I'm never looking back. Everything is instantly gorgeous in UE, and in general just easier to work with overall. And since it's all real-time, no need to waste so much time waiting for renders every time you tweak one tiny little thing.
  • AntonioNeves
    Offline / Send Message
    AntonioNeves polycounter
    Those branches are good, I really like! I noticed that you added some branches without leafs this is good, you can also create a pine tree with just branches without leafs, or just a few of them! Just a suggestion, keep updating :)
  • tomenjerry
    Offline / Send Message
    tomenjerry polycounter lvl 6
    @lotet thanks! Yeah I spent a lot more time on this texture, I guess that always pays off :)
    @tes3d thanks!
    @KrisLW thank you, I'm not sure If I'm going to use this particular house. It gives me a good idea of the style I'm going for, and what textures I should make. I need to make about 4 or 5 variations anyway, but they use similar textures. wel'll see. Regarding the engine, I think I'll be using Unreal, cause Indeed I really like the lighting in there.
    @AntonioNeves thanks man! You're wooden cabin project gave a lot of inspiration for how to make the trees and some other stuff! Yeah I'll defenitely do that! It'll give varation, which is good :)

I have worked on some plants the last 2 days, as well as the bark texture on the trees. I made a texture for the bottom of the trees that fits the original bark texture seamlessly (cause it's the same texture :P), but with moss on the bottom, as well as the bark ripped of. For the pants I made a quick concept, with some notes. The colors of the flowers and stuff might change, I'll have to see how it looks on the terrain. After this.... The graveyard!

• alexrc
    Offline / Send Message
    alexrc interpolator
    Did this environment get finished??