Home General Discussion

Game of Thrones

Replies

• pangaea
    Offline / Send Message
    pangaea polycounter lvl 5
    Game of thrones is now just your average crappy TV show made for dumb people. 

Arya gets stabbed a few times by a trained killer and survive. Is this fast and furious.
    Characters teleport around like crazy.
    Jon Snow should off died in the battle of the bastard several time, but he won't because he is a main character. 
    Ramsey not shooting Jon Snow dead because that what all the other shows do. The villian has a chance to kill the hero, but lol lets not do that. 
    Sansa not telling Jon Snow about the Vale forces just so you can get the Lord of the ring scene. So bloody stupid.

Lets just hope George RR Martin does not die in the next couple of years.
  • Add3r
    Offline / Send Message
    Add3r polycounter lvl 11
    pangaea said:

Arya gets stabbed a few times by a trained killer and survive. Is this fast and furious.
    Jon Snow should off died in the battle of the bastard several time, but he won't because he is a main character. 
    Ramsey not shooting Jon Snow dead because that what all the other shows do. The villian has a chance to kill the hero, but lol lets not do that. 
    Sansa not telling Jon Snow about the Vale forces just so you can get the Lord of the ring scene. So bloody stupid.

Lets just hope George RR Martin does not die in the next couple of years.
    Honestly, the show has been nearly 100% the opposite of what the viewers want, obviously taking the less thought of, obscure, and/or gut wrenching approach to most story telling moments.  I think this was a welcome moment for the "good" side to prevail a bit heh.  You are obviously entitled to your opinion however, as such as I :) 
  • Bek
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    pangaea said:

Nah.

Arya thing, fair enough that was weak writing. She was uncharacteristically dumb.
    Who? Just like in the books, time scales vary, and often we jump forward without a childish "One years l8r!!" flashcard — they're assuming the audience is switched on enough to figure out time has passed.
    *Should have. He's already died once, as a "main character". In fact the whole series is infamous for killing off main characters; try that complaint somewhere else.
    If you consider Ramsay's character, it makes sense for him not to kill Jon. He's confident of his victory, why end his fun early? He wants to torture Jon. There is also the possibility that on Jon's death, Sansa would flee.
    Why would she tell him? She doesn't know him that well and can't really trust him. Nor can she be even halfway sure that Littlefinger will keep his word, so having Jon come to rely on an army that might not even appear would be damaging to their strategy.

• Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Yeah I see a lot of complaints about characters teleporting, but there are often weeks going by in between episodes and even in between scenes in a same episode. Obviously Daenerys didn't set up a fleet of a thousand ships overnight, and that gives plenty of time to Varys to wander around. 
    You can see boats with the sigil of both House Tyrell and House Martell in the final scene, which means that a *long* time has passed since Vary's visit to Dorne.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I guess people miss that he walked in, as Olenna Tyrell was explaining how Cersei killed her family. Or (as Jerc mentioned) Dany has her fleet ready now. They assumed the audience was smart enough to understand that these aren't concurrent events. Apparently they assumed wrong. I guess, from now on, we need to include episodes just showing people traveling
  • Kwramm
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    In a zombie series it's expected that people die one by one, but it's nice that game of thrones isn't a zombie series and that not everyone has to die. Sometimes, after enough people die, it's nice when actually someone survives, or even comes back. That's surprise enough. Anyway, great season, and definitely better than the last book. Good they didn't take that route.
  • VelvetElvis
    Offline / Send Message
    VelvetElvis polycounter lvl 12
    Are they doing 7 or 8 seasons? I've seen a few early articles that they may shorten the seasons to get 7 and 8 versus just a 13 episode single season 7 run.

The whole Jon Snow deal in the battle of the bastards was pretty awesome. In a series that is known for killing the good guy and having the bad guy win the day, you really never knew what was going to happen. Sure, you figured since Snow was just brought back to life there is no way they could re-kill him. But then again......
  • Add3r
    Offline / Send Message
    Add3r polycounter lvl 11
    They have officially announced they, are in fact, doing two shorter seasons.  Season 7 will be shorter than 6 and 8 shorter than 7 to then finish out the entire series.  Season 8, at this time (lol, we shall see), will be the end of the show :( I guess all good things must come to a close.  
  • Mary_Marinez
    Just read a news piece which said that the Season 6 finale drew the largest audience in the GoT series history (what's surprising?). Apparently 8.9 million viewers watched the last episode. The earlier record for the Season 5 finale was 8.1 million viewers.
  • slipsius
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXAnxAA73xM 100% my favourite scene from that last episode. I didnt think they`d be able to follow that battle episode very well, but they most definitely did! 
  • slipsius
    Are they doing 7 or 8 seasons? I've seen a few early articles that they may shorten the seasons to get 7 and 8 versus just a 13 episode single season 7 run.

I read that after this season, they only have 10-12 episodes left, which they might split into 2 seasons. so 5-6 episodes each. Normally I would be against that, but, if they allow each shorter season to have the same budget as a full season, that would be AMAZING. The last 2 episodes have really shown what they can do with a proper budget. 
  • artstream
    Offline / Send Message
    artstream polycounter lvl 11
    The directors have said they have roughly 13 episodes left, so probably a 7/6 split. 
  • Daew
    Offline / Send Message
    Daew polycounter lvl 9
    I really loved this season but the Arya arc and faceless men were super dissapointing :anguished: I get why people are happy with Arya offing Frey, but all i saw from her training was her getting beat up ("learning to fight"), not learning how to assasinate. 

oh and to get out of a well known assassin organization you just need to kill one of their apprentices and Jaquen will give you a smile, "live your dreams you little scamp"