Home Career & Education

Wren - Minimalist and free portfolio theme for Wordpress.

Replies

• kolayamit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kolayamit polycounter lvl 13
    @Sythen when can we expect a new version of your theme, can't wait :smile: 
  • Tzur_H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tzur_H polycounter lvl 9
    kolayamit said:
    Dude, I don't want to be an arse.. but, you can see he's not responding which means he's probably busy. As far as I can guess, with GDC stuff.  Just wait patiently like everybody else?  I don't understand why it's so hard for you.
  • kolayamit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tzur_H said:
    kolayamit said:
    Dude, I don't want to be an arse.. but, you can see he's not responding which means he's probably busy. As far as I can guess, with GDC stuff.  Just wait patiently like everybody else?  I don't understand why it's so hard for you.
    Man you could have said "maybe he is busy with GDC" and that would have been enough. I just hope you don't speak like this when you are out in public.
  • kolayamit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Tzur_H , hey man hope my word's didn't make you feel bad. Really sorry for being rough.
  • walreu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heyaa.
    Does anyone know if its possible to add kinda hierarchy type of menu for going through the portfolio. 
    For example: Just two links on the menu "Professional Work" and "Personal Work" , when you click one, it shows works only for that one.
  • kolayamit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would like to know this too...
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    Most of the requests so far are pretty simple tweaks? I mean, learning some simple coding would do the job. It's wordpress, it basically holds your hand when you code something. There are also countless modular plugins available for free or paid for, that do everything that's been asked for. 
    The template is excellent as is and requires little to no customization to present work appropriately. People looking at a portfolio don't really care as long as it's functional. Watch the excellent resource below for more information. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPESZ3JW2AY

• CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    does this work for the free version of wordpress? or do you need access to areas that require a subscription in order to fully implement this theme?
  • Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen polycounter lvl 10
    Hey all,

Due to a significant amount of work from clients I was unable to respond to you all,
    But I'm available and will be spending quite some time redoing the codebase for Wren Theme.

This means that I will be taking a lot of your suggestions and feedback over the last while
    and implementing a lot of the feature requests you all have had.

So with that - check back here for updates soon, or for more frequent - check the master
    branch on Git.

Thank you all for the support and feedback, the response has been amazing!

- Scott.
  • RogerP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogerP polycounter
    does this work for the free version of wordpress? or do you need access to areas that require a subscription in order to fully implement this theme?
    I didn't find any way to make it work with the free version. I do believe you have to have the Premium service Wordpress offers.
  • Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogerP said:
    I didn't find any way to make it work with the free version. I do believe you have to have the Premium service Wordpress offers.
    Unfortunately Wren is only supported on self-hosted blogs using wordpress.org itself.
    I'll be looking into it in the future, but I'm not sure.

Apologies, 
    Scott.
  • Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a quick update - Wren's website is down, but the latest build is still available to download from Github.
    https://github.com/Sythenz/WrenPortfolioTheme

Still working on revamping the codebase - will post here when I have more updates.
    Thanks,
    Scott.
  • Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there everyone,

I plan to start covering WrenTheme and it's development over on my twitch stream so
    that you all can give feedback while I develop and see what's happening!

Please join, post feedback, and let me know any suggestions you have for
    the next update in WrenTheme.

Thanks,
    Scott.

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    My only suggestion is that you update it faster. :tongue:

Fantastic work all around. Really makes my website look so much better.
  • Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My only suggestion is that you update it faster. :tongue:

Fantastic work all around. Really makes my website look so much better.
    Just checked out your site recently, looking really awesome Jonathan :)

After organizing my time, I've made significant room to get it fully updated.
    So here's hoping!
  • kolayamit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking forward to the new update :) Thanks.
  • Soluna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey :smile:

I just found this thread via google and I´m really interested in the portfolio theme for wordpress! Are there already any news about the final release of the theme? It´s been a while now since the last news were published :smiley:

Thanks in advance,

Soluna
  • Frankythebeast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frankythebeast polycounter lvl 4

All the links are down , from where can i get WREN Theme ?

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Pro tip: Forget trying to wrestle WordPress to make a portfolio.

Besides, author pulled down all their pages, which means definitely no updates. And they haven't visited Polycount since Dec '21.

Just use ArtStation. Free, responsive, easy to setup and use, standardized, easy for employers to use.