Home Technical Talk

xNormal Batcher

Replies

• CybranM
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM interpolator
    xNormal Batcher is awesome! It makes my life a lot easier.
    The only gripe I have with it is that I have to combine the maps in photoshop after baking them but that is a small price to pay for the much superior UI and ease of use.
  • [PB]Snoelk
    Offline / Send Message
    [PB]Snoelk polycounter lvl 7
    crap, i will miss the colorfull xnormal ui ^^

damn good job :thumbup::thumbup:
  • MRRadioactiv
    Offline / Send Message
    MRRadioactiv polycounter lvl 9
    thx for your xNormal Batcher :)

/Is it possible to change the renderer? (eg the OpenRL one) (or is there an option and i dont find it?!)
  • trebor777
    Offline / Send Message
    trebor777 polycounter lvl 10
    Nope I don't have an option to change the renderer, you'll have to change it directly in xNormals settings.
    it should be applied when you launch it next time.
  • MRRadioactiv
    Offline / Send Message
    MRRadioactiv polycounter lvl 9
  • martin242
    Offline / Send Message
    martin242 polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks for this great app!
    I have one question I couldn't figure out yet.
    Is it possible to select 2 highpoly objects to bake onto 1 lowpoly object?
    I can do that on Xnormal but can't find how to set the batcher up for this.

For example I have HP_Object_Inside.obj and HP_Object_Outside.obj and want to bake them to LP_Object.obj

In Xnormal I just load the 2 HPs and the LP and it projects both HP into the same LP.

---

Just solved it. I didn't understand the video correctly :)
  • martin242
    Offline / Send Message
    martin242 polycounter lvl 5
    When I use the batcher my AOs are full white whatever I do.
    Normal and Cavity works.

AO works fine on xNormal without the batcher.
    Any clues what could be happening?
  • Boonta
    Offline / Send Message
    Boonta polycounter lvl 13
    -Is it possible to use this application when you have all your cage/low/high poly meshes all in the one folder?

-is it possible to choose a custom export folder directory for the maps
  • trebor777
    Offline / Send Message
  • dutch
    Chrome is flagging the the download as a virus.
  • trebor777
    Offline / Send Message
    There is not much I can do about this...
    More people need to download and use it... 
  • skyrick
    Offline / Send Message
    skyrick polycounter lvl 7
    Hi TREBOR777 !
    Well ... great plugin here ! congrats !
    1/ Do you think is it possible to you to add a "auto bake" button ?
    To automate the plugin on a server for example ?
    So, If there are the good files with the good names in the good folders : baking will be launched automatically ...
    2/ Is it possible to save all bake setup in a file ? 
  • trebor777
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah, It would be a nice feature :) 
    it's definetely doable, I did something similar for some photoshop batching, with the app running in the background listening to a folder. I just haven't took the time for that. That'd mean having xNormal installed on the server too :). Haven't touched the project for a while.

The bake setup is already saved in a file :) look in the baking folder. you get one xml per object. (plus extra bakes like vertex color or 2 normals etc...)

• Spacemanchuck
    Offline / Send Message
    Spacemanchuck polycounter lvl 14
    I got it working, it's great thank you much!!!
  • retleks
    Offline / Send Message
    retleks polycounter lvl 18
    Recent downloads of this are showing up as corrupted.
  • LeoBounce
    Offline / Send Message
    LeoBounce polycounter lvl 6
    Thank you for this app! It did a great job especially with additional xml settings generation per mesh from our side. BTW looks like it didn't preserve some settings. For example Base Settings - Bake Base Texture Settings - Background Color (as Transparency) and Files - Bake in Separate Folders flag. It'll be great if you fix this. Thank you very much!
  • mettigel
    Offline / Send Message
    mettigel polycounter lvl 6
  • KonginChains
    Offline / Send Message
    KonginChains polycounter lvl 12
    unfortunately the download link is broken
  • trebor777
    Offline / Send Message
    My bad, fixed the link, seems the new theme of polycount messed up with the link somehow... O_o.. 
    Anyway, it's fixed :)
  • Swan
    Offline / Send Message
    Swan polycounter lvl 3
    Thanks for this tool! Baking has to be the most tedious task for real time asset creation.

I'm getting an error "User aborted of An error has occurred(probably Cage different from lowpoly_mesh):" If the same meshes are used in xNormal directly they bake out fine. This is happening on 80% of objects. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Edit: If xNormal Batcher is set to not use cages the maps bake without the error. 

Edit 2: Nevermind, turns out the FBX export was triangulating the cage an low poly differently. When I was testing it in xNormal it ended baking the wrong meshes. Too much coffee.
  • Pav3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Pav3d insane polycounter
    Hi, Great program, im struggling to get it to work with cages inside of SBM files exported from 3ds max. How would I get the batcher to work with those?
  • trebor777
    Offline / Send Message
    Change the Cage extensions at the top to select sbm rather than obj.
  • wjhamilton
    Offline / Send Message
    wjhamilton polycounter lvl 7
    Hello,

When I mouse over the link on page 1 to  try and download it, I get a little text bubble that says "Link: null". Is the download no longer available?
  • trebor777
    Offline / Send Message
    It's still available, I fixed the 1st post. Bad formatting.

:p But I understand it can be quite hard to copy/paste into the url bar.  :p

• airbrush
    Offline / Send Message
    airbrush polycounter lvl 13
    I'm getting this issue too...AO's are just white..but bake fine outside of batcher...??

martin242 said:
    When I use the batcher my AOs are full white whatever I do.
    Normal and Cavity works.

AO works fine on xNormal without the batcher.
    Any clues what could be happening?

• Fuse
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Something bizzare is happening. I get the short "Launching Application" popup but nothing is happening. It was working just fine mere weeks ago!
  • trebor777
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello people,
    Might seem as necropost but,
    I'm working on a new version of this tool :smile:

Mostly UI rework, but i'll also do some  bugfixe that are long overdue :)

• mime3d
    Offline / Send Message
    mime3d polycounter lvl 2

adding a thumbs up to your post another half year later :smiley: 

Actually tried to install you former XNormal Batch Baker for 3DS script without much success and just came across this standalone version. Looks very promising. For some reason my Windows10 does not allow the installation of the setup file, even with lowest UAC settings and Powershell changes with admin rights. It does install though on another Win10 machine, there is a Windows warning but I can still install it. I most likely has sth to do with the missing certificate.

Do you have any idea how to solve / bypass that? There is a CERTIFICATE file in the .exe, might be the one. If the install fails, can I somehow transfer the install files from the other PC, maybe adding the registry settings myself?

Thanks in advance, you can also PM me if its a little more sensititve.

One way or the other, keep up the good work, nice tool!

Best,
    Niko
  • JakBB
    Offline / Send Message
    JakBB polycounter lvl 5
    PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    	Windows 			: 10.0.19041.0 (Win32NT)
    	Common Language Runtime 	: 4.0.30319.42000
    	System.Deployment.dll 		: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    	clr.dll 			: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    	dfdll.dll 			: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    	dfshim.dll 			: 10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
    	Deployment url			: http://trebor777.net/xNormalBatcher/Xnormal Batcher.application
    						Server		: o2switch-PowerBoost-v3
    	Deployment Provider url		: http://trebor777.net/xNormalBatcher/Xnormal Batcher.application

IDENTITIES
    	Deployment Identity		: Xnormal Batcher.application, Version=1.7.1.1, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=1c743cc980f122cb, processorArchitecture=amd64

APPLICATION SUMMARY
    	* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
    	Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    	* Activation of http://trebor777.net/xNormalBatcher/Xnormal Batcher.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
    		+ Downloading http://trebor777.net/xNormalBatcher/Application Files/Xnormal Batcher_1_7_1_1/Xnormal Batcher.exe.manifest did not succeed.
    		+ The remote server returned an error: (429) Too Many Requests.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    	No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    	There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    	* [13/01/2021 21:38:09] : Activation of http://trebor777.net/xNormalBatcher/Xnormal Batcher.application has started.
    	* [13/01/2021 21:38:09] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
    	* [13/01/2021 21:38:09] : Installation of the application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
    	Following errors were detected during this operation.
    	* [13/01/2021 21:38:09] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
    		- Downloading http://trebor777.net/xNormalBatcher/Application Files/Xnormal Batcher_1_7_1_1/Xnormal Batcher.exe.manifest did not succeed.
    		- Source: System.Deployment
    		- Stack trace:
    			at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
    			at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
    			at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState, X509Certificate2 clientCertificate)
    			at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
    			at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)
    			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
    			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
    			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
    			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    			at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
    			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
    		--- Inner Exception ---
    		System.Net.WebException
    		- The remote server returned an error: (429) Too Many Requests.
    		- Source: System
    		- Stack trace:
    			at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    			at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    	No transaction information is available.

I get this error when trying to download this app.

Is there a fix to this?

• trebor777
    Offline / Send Message

Hello guys

Finally... took me some long years to push it out ! But here it is:

Version 2.0 is here

https://www.artstation.com/marketplace/p/2NYdy/xnormal-batcher