Home Quixel Megascans

Support

Replies

• Gaiascope
    Offline / Send Message
    Gaiascope polycounter lvl 4
    I'm afraid the problem persists even with 1.5 :(

I gotta say though, despite not currently having a working version available to me, I'm really impressed with the support offered!
  • Eric Williams
    Offline / Send Message
    Eric Williams polycounter lvl 16
    Gaiascope and Bakagone, what are the initial steps that you do to start a project? What calibration profile, texel density, work res, what boxes are checked/unchecked, what output maps are checked.

The error that bakagone posted talks has "name of my id map" So I assume it's an issue with an id map?

Does ddo create a base if you start without an id map or does it still error?

The error that bakagone posted looks like it's from line 8160 from the basefunctions.jsx. The function being run is applyChannelFromDocumentMerged, it's referenced in generateeverything.jsx and generateeverything_140720.jsx.
  • NoiseCrime
    Offline / Send Message
    NoiseCrime polycounter lvl 6
    For a while now i've experienced some strange results when trying to use Project Presets to populate a project with materials from a previous project. Despite using the same colour ID's some attempts have resulted in completely empty projects, others have had just some of the materials come through. In addition to this I had weird problems with a smart material 'Worn Plastic' (blue colour) that lost all but its base material when assigned via a project preset.

After a fair amount of experimentation I've come to the conclusion that there is an issue with at least one Smart Material and any further materials derived from it. I've not found any other smart materials with this problem, but I've only tested a handful of them. I wonder if the problems caused by this specific smart material may explain some of the other strangeness I've seen and mentioned at the start of this post. All my tests have been carried out in version 1.5, which was an update to a completely fresh install of 1.4.

In summary, if I assign 'Worn Plastic', a smart material with four sub-materials within it, to a ID map colour, then make a preset from the project via 'save preset from document' and use that to set up another project, the new 'Worn Plastic' material ends up with just one sub-material in it. However its not quite that simple as if a project only has 'worn plastic' in it and no other materials then everything works fine. Its only if 'Worn Plastic' is used along with other materials does the problem manifest itself.

Below you'll find the exact steps to reproduce this strange bug;

1. Create a New Project call it 'DDO_Grid_1_Mat_PresetBuilder'
    2. Make sure to assign the Clean Grey Preset to the project. Do not enable 'create base layers'.
    3. Click on 'CREATE BASE'
    4. Add the 'Worn Plastic' smart material to a colour ID.
    5. Save the project and save it as a project preset ( 'save preset from document) call it 'Grid_1_Mat_Preset'
    6. Close Project.
    7. Create a New project, call it 'DDO_Grid_1_Mat_PresetAssigned'
    8. This time assign the previously saved project preset 'Grid_1_Mat_Preset' as the Project preset. Do not enable 'create base layers'.
    9. Click on 'CREATE BASE'
    10. Once the project is rendered, observe that 'Worn Plastic' is present along with all four of its sub-materials.
    11. Save & Close Project.
    12. Create a New Project, call it 'DDO_Grid_2_Mat_PresetBuilder'
    13. Make sure to assign the Clean Grey Preset to the project. Do not enable 'create base layers'.
    14. Click on 'CREATE BASE'
    15. Add the 'Worn Plastic' smart material to a colour ID.
    16. Add any other material, e.g. Antique Copper
    17. Save project and save it as a project preset ( 'save preset from document) call it 'Grid_2_Mat_Preset'
    18. Close Project.
    19. Create a New Project, call it 'DDO_Grid_2_Mat_PresetAssigned'
    20. This time assign the previously saved project preset 'Grid_2_Mat_Preset' as the Project preset. Do not enable 'create base layers'.
    21. Click on 'CREATE BASE'
    22. Once the project is rendered, observe that 'Worn Plastic' is present but only its base material 'Polypropylene' is there the other three sub-materials are missing. Antique Copper is still fine though with all 3 of its sub-materials.

I've supplied a zip ( download example asset and files ) with all the files and projects to view/test with, though i've set the 'work resolution' to 25% to keep the download size small, you should reset it to 100 if checking the projects out. If you use the assets in the zip to repeat the steps above the first time through I suggest loading the ID link preset supplied. I've also supplied all the project presets too.
  • NoiseCrime
    Offline / Send Message
    1.0 Bugs - Quixel Suite 1.5

1.1 ID Link Editor - Link Assignment cannot be re-assigned after project creation.
    Assigning 'Quick PBR' links to material ID's will only work prior to project creation. If you forget to set them and go back to the ID Link Editor via 'RERENDER' then you appear to be able to change the links, but upon closing the link editor and re-opening it, you'll find they have all reverted back to their initial setting. This means any 'undefined' links will always remain 'undefined' and you cannot re-assign any.

1.2 ID Link Editor - Deleting Colour ID's doesn't appear to work.
    I tried deleting the background colour ID link from the ID link editor since the background colour was never going to be textured. Although it would remove the entry in the ID link editor, closing then re-opening it again and the background colour ID was back again. Would appear that these cannot actually be deleted? Might be related to bug 1.1 above.

1.3 DDO - Create Smart Material
    Something broke in 1.5 with the thumbnail/preview images generated for user created Smart Materials. They all have the same grey glass appearance, with no surface texture. The actual Smart Material data is correct and they work correctly, just the preview image is messed up. (see image at end of post)

1.4 DDO - Material Layer Name Editing
    This seems very broken at the moment. If I double click on a material layer name then the whole name is selected. If I then try to use normal text editing methods, such as inserting the cursor anywhere in the text it fails, the text is deselect and key presses go to Photoshop instead. The only method that works is to simply delete the highlighted text immediately and type the whole material name in at once.

2.0 Usability Issues

2.1 DDO Base Creator - Project output path gets updated every time you assign an input map.
    Although this would seem like a good idea, I've found it very frustrating that even when I set the project Path via 'Browse for folder', if I then add any other maps the folder they originate from will over-write the output path of the project. As I like to keep my folders separate this is quite annoying and confusing. Several times now I've ended up with a DDO folder within my maps folder which is not what I expected as I had previously set an explicit project path, but it had gotten over-riden by selecting an input map afterwards.

Perhaps a good compromise would be to only allow input maps to over-write the output path if the user has not explicitly set one already?

2.2 DDO Base Creator - Project Preset Selection
    I would like to suggest that the three default DDO project presets ('Base' , 'Clean Grey' or 'Default Materials' ) are placed into their own sub-folder within '\SUITE\script\presets\Master', for example '\SUITE\script\presets\Master\QuixelDefaults'. The reason for this is suggestion is an accidental discovery that creating sub-folders here for my own project presets meant that when clicking on the project preset load icon not only will it display a popup with 'load from disk', but also a hierarchical dropdown of each sub-folder and the files/presets contained within it.

Its a really nice feature and great usability enhancer as it avoids having to use the browser to find files. So it would seem to make sense for Quixel to utilise this for their own presets and it would help make them more discoverable. (see image at end of post)

2.3 ID Link Editor - Extending Panel Height
    Extending the height of the panel, pointlessly increases the black border vertically around the ID Map preview. This reduces overall the amount of screen estate given to the actual list of ID colour links. (see image at end of post)

QcbPb02.png
  • Gaiascope
    Offline / Send Message
    Gaiascope polycounter lvl 4
    @Eric Williams

Hi! Thanks for the suggestions. I can't believe I didn't think of that before, I feel like an idiot for overlooking something so obvious. I did a bit of testing and yes, the same problem keeps happening in that it returns an error when trying to create a new project with an id map.

However, creating a project without an id map and then immediately opening the reimporter and adding the id map there seems to work like normal.

It's a workaround and doesn't really solve the problem, but at least I can work in it again! Thank you so much for the help!
  • Peschiera
    Offline / Send Message
    Peschiera polycounter lvl 5
    Eric, thanks for the help, man. That fixed it.

It took me long to answer because I didn't really have the time to keep checking back and ended up rendering my work in marmoset. But now I tried doing what you suggested and it's looking normal to me now.

Don't know if I should post a link to the project for whomever got interested in seeing it so I won't. Instead, if you do want to see it, search for my name, Bruno Peschiera, in the GameArtisans' Blizzardfest challenge roster of 3D works.

Thanks again, Eric!

PEACE!
  • Loren Broach
    Offline / Send Message
    Loren Broach polycounter lvl 10
    Apologies if this has been asked before, I'm making a lot of guns and all of them require the same type of surfaces. So I'm trying to standardize the color maps so that they work with my customized preset. That way every time I have a yellow color, it's gun metal, every time I have a blue color, it's stainless steel etc. This is possible to do correct?

What I assumed I had to do was

1. Add all the maps and mesh in the base creator with a Clean Grey Preset and then create base.
    2. I then add a material from the material browser to each of the colors.
    3. Then I save preset from document.

I would assume that would mean if I take another object that has the SAME colors in it, they would be represented as long as the new preset was selected instead of Clean Grey Preset. But it's not working, it will give me one of the materials, but in the wrong material slot and other colors will just be grey.

Am I missing a step? Is there any documentation about this? Thank you for your time!
  • NoiseCrime
    Offline / Send Message
    Keen wrote: »
    I would assume that would mean if I take another object that has the SAME colors in it, they would be represented as long as the new preset was selected instead of Clean Grey Preset. But it's not working, it will give me one of the materials, but in the wrong material slot and other colors will just be grey.

Am I missing a step? Is there any documentation about this? Thank you for your time!

I've seen this happen but haven't really looked into it much yet.

I can suggest two things though.

One take a look at my post about 5 back concerning using a specific Smart Material with 'save preset to document'. Perhaps you've found another material with the same issue. You might want to download the sample project as its a very simple grid with 16 colour ID's at 512x512 so it lets you explore these short of issues quicker than working on larger polished projects.

However first i'd try creating a whole new document just like you did before but make sure to assign ID links to the ID map before creating the project. There is a small 'link' button on the right of the Base Creator - ID Map layer. Click that and assign everything. Failure to do so means all ID's are 'undefined', though i'm unclear as to whether or not this causes problems. I had assumed just the actual colour in the ID map would be enough between documents, but perhaps you need ID links too.

Please post back if you have any success.
  • teddybergsman
    Hi guys,

I wanted to let you know the preset loading bugs have now all been fixed. The Smart Material preview is fixed as well, together with a bunch of other things. New build up shortly. Thank you kindly for the reports!

- Teddy
  • Grusti
    Offline / Send Message
    Grusti polycounter lvl 10
    I have a problem with Ndo2. Everytime when I try type new TEXT and apply "paste setting" Suite start crushing. But this issue not happen if I reload Ndo2 or resave settings.
  • NoiseCrime
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys,

I wanted to let you know the preset loading bugs have now all been fixed. The Smart Material preview is fixed as well, together with a bunch of other things. New build up shortly. Thank you kindly for the reports!

Great news, look forward to the next update.
  • nathdevlin
    Offline / Send Message
    nathdevlin polycounter lvl 12
    Hi,

I'm new to using the Quixel Suite. DDO is throwing up the (0x80042260) error for me. I have the 1.5 preview update and am running CS3. I've removed all non alpha numeric characters from my projects path and file location/ names. I've also triangulated my preview mesh.

Yet I'm still getting this error. Any ideas when or if this issue will be resolved in the future ?

Thanks
  • bwithers
    Offline / Send Message
    bwithers polycounter lvl 5
    Hi, we're experiencing something pretty weird: it appears that some photopresets aren't producing the same results in different photoshops.

the first image was created in Photoshop CC 2014 the second was made in CS 5. the final image is the source image.

The nDo setting were the same. That's mega cliff (as a side note in CS 5 turning on tilable creates an edge bevel whereas in CC it was doing what was expected - the map would be treated as tileable)

Not really sure what's happening (I assume that some layer effect is different in cc vs cs but some help would be appreciated).

:: CC 2014 ::
    adobe%2520cc%25202014.jpg

:: CS 5 ::
    adobe%2520cs5.jpg

:: source image ::
    source%2520image.png

Cheers,
    Blake Withers
    Character Artist and Animator at Longbow Games
  • Eric Williams
    Offline / Send Message
    Eric Williams polycounter lvl 16
    nathdevlin wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm new to using the Quixel Suite. DDO is throwing up the (0x80042260) error for me. I have the 1.5 preview update and am running CS3. I've removed all non alpha numeric characters from my projects path and file location/ names. I've also triangulated my preview mesh.

Yet I'm still getting this error. Any ideas when or if this issue will be resolved in the future ?

Thanks

Is there anything more to that error, like what line of code or what action/filter that's "not currently available"?

When does it show this error? When importing or starting a project, while working on, or while exporting?
  • Grusti
    Offline / Send Message
    Grusti polycounter lvl 10
    I just try load my mesh =(
    LjIX6je.jpg
  • Avis Para.doc's
    Offline / Send Message
    Avis Para.doc's polycounter lvl 9
    Hi guys. Awesome tool! really love it but in new version it has more and more involved instability issues =(

1. In version 1.5 (first update) i'm suddenly have weird texture preview in albedo mode (hotkey 1) of 3DO. It seems to be all red tones on my texture colored blue, but they are not. In normal mode all looking good. Something like that is happened with normal mode preview it colors normal map with pink colors.

2. Recent update is 1.5 (12 october) is fully crashes suit on start for me (temporarily using 1.4 version).
    9glxeb.png

3. In all versions from 1.2 I have an error on Photo-normal Preset launch. But when I hit OK NDO starts to do its magic with layers and make all like it should be. It happens all the time.
    ayt455.png

Im using photoshop cs6 x64, win7 x64.
  • teddybergsman
    Avis Para.doc's: This crash relates to the apostrophe in your user name. This has now been fixed and will be part of the next preview release, to be uploaded shortly.

IlyaIvanovArt: Feel free to upload the mesh and we'll have a look ASAP!

Blake Withers: This is really, really strange. I haven't been able to reproduce it myself, but I will try some more things. Does it behave like this for your co-workers as well? Thanks for the detailed report.

- Teddy
  • [PB]Snoelk
    Offline / Send Message
    [PB]Snoelk polycounter lvl 7
    Hello,

i created a new smart material ( Preset UE4 ) and as far as i see its saved correctly with all groups and layers.
    When i open another Project with the same settings ( UE4 ) i want to apply this new Smart Material. But when its finished its not set up right.
    The Top Group of the Smart material is opened and gone. The Groups and Layers inside are only available in the AlbedoM and in wrong order.
    The other Maps ( Gloss, Metalness etc. ) are only contain the first group found in the opened Smart Material Group.

Im using the last 1.5 Preview version. This bug was also present in version 1.4.
    If you want th Smart Material to see what going wrong, send me an email so i can mail it to you.

regards
  • alset
    Offline / Send Message
    alset polycounter lvl 6
    JsBG13.jpg

Hi,
    I get this error every time trying to start new project in ddo. Seems like a problem with mesh. It happens not only with one particular mesh, but all the time. I've tried some workarounds, playing with project files and such, but nothing seems to work. I started project without the mesh and then imported one with "reimport mesh" but then I can't see albedo in 3DO.
    I've been exporting mesh probably every way 3ds max allows. I've triangulated it using various methods as well. Still - nothing.
    The problem appears on Win7 x64 with PS CS5.1 and on Win8.1 x64 with CS6 - haven't tried other systems.

Please help.
  • teddybergsman
    Thanks alset for the report! Please upload the mesh and I will take a look immediately.

- Teddy
  • nathdevlin
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, I grabbed version 1.5 and get this every time I try to create a base in DDO.

Any info regarding the error would be great. Thanks

ddo_crash_001.jpg
  • teddybergsman
    Sorry about that nathdevlin! This has now been fixed. Grab the latest download and you should be fine: http://quixel.se/suite/Quixel_SUITE_1.5.zip

- Teddy
  • nathdevlin
    Offline / Send Message
    That was amazingly fast and also an awesome fix. Thanks. I'll see if this new version has also addressed my earlier issues also.

Thanks again for all the effort.
  • tungerz
    Offline / Send Message
    tungerz polygon
    Loads alot faster now and the map issues are fixed to :)
    Thanks Devs
  • DieselStarHalo
    Please post any technical questions or bug reports in this thread and we will do our best to handle the questions and support. Thanks for using the tools and we hope the experience is a good one.

Ok so im new here so hello to everyone :)

My issue is something crazy (or maybe not) in DDO when i use an obj from Max as
    the mesh in the line up i get these weird crazy metallic triangles , ive tried messing with many settings and nothing seems to make even a small difference. could this be a problem with the base mesh? anyone else even had this problem before??
    any help is greatly appreciated!

appologies if this issue fix was posted already

Diesel
  • teddybergsman
    Hey blazed, good catch. Sorry about that. New build fixing this issue is up: http://quixel.se/suite/Quixel_SUITE_1.5.zip

- Teddy
  • aaronmwolford
    Offline / Send Message
    aaronmwolford polycounter lvl 8
    Hey guys,

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I haven't been able to find anything. Is it possible to display multiple LODs in 3DO?
  • bwithers
    Offline / Send Message
    bwithers polycounter lvl 5
    Blake Withers: This is really, really strange. I haven't been able to reproduce it myself, but I will try some more things. Does it behave like this for your co-workers as well? Thanks for the detailed report.

- Teddy
    Thanks,
    I friggin love nDo!

Two of us have CS5 and the other has CC the two cs5's produce the same normal map.
  • kr0wbar
    Offline / Send Message
    kr0wbar polycounter lvl 4
    Hi, I'm trying to register my licence of ddo but everytime I relaunch the suite it asks me to re-enter the key.
  • Kosai106
    Offline / Send Message
    Kosai106 polycounter lvl 13
    Running Adobe Photoshop CC 2014, I get this popup whenever I try to turn a normal into a hard-surface height map. It has been like this for a few months now, but I'm hoping you can find a solution. :)

Edit:// It happened in 1.3, 1.4 and the 1.5 preview build of the SUITE btw.
    Edit2:// Happens in the latest 1.5 build still.

d17baed21b.png
  • Brandroid
    Using DDO with Photoshop CC. I'm seeing an issue with metallic surfacing on a part of my mesh. This appears to sit above all other materials/smart materials as nothing that I add will ever override this effect. See the attached image of the screws. This is a newly created project, and the screws come in looking like chrome. Imported mesh is a high-res, triangulated OBJ. Maps used to start with are surface ID, curvature, AO and object normals.
  • Brandroid
    Ugh, sorry. Can't edit my post, but here's the image I meant to link:

DU-3DO-2.jpg
  • Gheromo
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo polycounter lvl 11
    Dynamask edits are not showing up in the 3Do.
  • AlphaMix
    Emm, not sure what's up. The second I upgrade to v1.5 I can no longer run anything from the suite. The first symptom is the Suite menu that lets you select from Ndo, Ddo, etc, is behind photoshop. Clicking on any one of the suite apps just freezes the whole thing.

Tried reinstalling with the launcher again, but no difference. Then I downloaded the version Tedds uploaded here for someone else, hoping, but still doesn't work. I get no errors of any kind so I dont know what to do.

Anyone in a similar situation?
  • neverfollow81
    Offline / Send Message
    neverfollow81 polycounter lvl 2
    I want to love this software so much, but still buggy. I am using CS3, and the Cryengine HUB importer. New release broke what used to work in the Beta version seamlessly. Reverting back until a more stable release comes along.
    Also, after an uninstall and reinstall, (I hoped it might fix the connection to the HUB importer) even thought the startup interface sats I run 1.5, firing up ddo, i get the old menu.
  • XemnasKH
    Can someone help me figure out why my textures look low res when I zoom in on them in 3do.
  • gmanFX
    AlphaMix wrote: »
    Emm, not sure what's up. The second I upgrade to v1.5 I can no longer run anything from the suite. The first symptom is the Suite menu that lets you select from Ndo, Ddo, etc, is behind photoshop. Clicking on any one of the suite apps just freezes the whole thing.

Tried reinstalling with the launcher again, but no difference. Then I downloaded the version Tedds uploaded here for someone else, hoping, but still doesn't work. I get no errors of any kind so I dont know what to do.

Hello

Just wanted to say that this also happened tonight for me as well. Using CS6 and all previous versions worked great. I upgraded to 1.5 and nothing will run.

I had to back down to 1.4 to keep working.

But here's a new problem. I have a full Licensed Studio copy of Quixel Suite here at work. The License for NDO and DDO are now gone when I backed down to the previous version 1.4

1.4 is now running in trial mode? The license keys were deleted during the re-instal of 1.4 so I had to contact IT at my work so I could have them re-License the copy I have. Is this a bug? Might not but a problem for a small company or working at home but when your working at a large studio, License Keys for software are usually kept with IT and not given to the artists.

Anyways, love the software guys. Keep up the good work. Thanks!
  • Panzerdraco
    Offline / Send Message
    Panzerdraco polycounter lvl 5
    Do I get a Megascan Starter Pack if I already own the nDo2 and dDo licences?
  • Zarakun
    Offline / Send Message
    Zarakun polycounter lvl 7
    I just updated to version 1.5, but 3DO seems buggy now, while working on a normal map I loaded it with the custom loader on the default sphere primitive and this is how it appeared in 3DO.

QuixelSuite_1_5_issue_01.png

It was the same with the other shapes (plane/cube/cylinder).

I'm using the 64 bits versions of CS6 and Quixel Suite and the OS is win 7 professional, with all my drivers up to date.

I'll try to downgrade to the previous version to see if it solve the problem for now :)

Edit: It's confirmed, I rolled back to 1.4 and the problem disappeared.
  • SkyDesign

Exactly the same problem. With update v1.5 nothing works anymore. Only freezed window and no errors. (with Photoshop CC) :susp:
  • jasong
    Offline / Send Message
    jasong polycounter lvl 10

Same problem here, but for me it's been a problem before all the updates. Weird thing is this is only a problem on my work computer, everything works fine on my PC at home. Tried uninstalling, deleting leftover files, and reinstalling and running as admin, but no luck. Also, tried running the 64-bit version instead of the 32-bit the Suite defaults to, but no luck there either. I'm also running Photoshop CC.
  • Mattbrady
    Offline / Send Message
    Mattbrady polycounter lvl 2
    Hey, I'm getting this error when trying to convert a layer using nDo:

nDoCrash.jpg?dl=0

Using version 1.5.
  • epos
    Hi! This problem... Using version 1.5 Freelance License
    clWYjP.png
  • epos
    Hi! This problem... Using version 1.5 Freelance License
    clWYjP.png
  • Wenceslas
    I got this error each time I try to convert a Normal Map to an Hard Surface Height Map in the new NDO.

62rmspS.png

Adobe Photoshop Version: 14.0 x64
    Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
  • The Rizzler
    Offline / Send Message
    The Rizzler polycounter lvl 9
    Reeke wrote: »
    downloaded the 1.5 update and it says "full version released, 30 day trial unlocked", however when I try and launch ddo it says 0 of 30 days remaining and can't click on "try".

I'm having the same issue too, I don't think I ran out of trial days before updating
  • programmer23
    Offline / Send Message
    programmer23 polycounter lvl 6
    I just installed the new Suite 1.5 but when I load into the program, I get the little toolbar with the DDO, NDO, and other icons, but when I click any of the icons it simply reloads the toolbar and photoshop and no windows come up, I have already tried re-installing it.

What should I do.
  • osman
    Offline / Send Message
    osman polycounter lvl 18
    Hey guys, could you please help me out with a working download link. The one on the wiki does not work anymore :)

Thanks
  • Stufflebeam
    Hey there! Trying to register my copy of the Quixel Suit, but in the registration window I cannot tell what input fields are what (in fact, none of the text fields are all that legible)

This easily could just be an error on my system... (windows 7, 64-bit)

Could you tell me what the first two input fields are? (Final Field being Serial Number, of course)

attachment.php?attachmentid=20532&d=1413498563
  • Dustinmaertz
    Offline / Send Message
    Dustinmaertz polycounter lvl 7
    I have ran into a small issue. When I was trying change the mask id "the little button on the far right of a layer" it stops halfway through the process and gives me an error. The function worked the last two days now it is just broken. This does effect other function. if I hold C + Shift in 3DO and click on a color id I get the same error. I have reinstalled 1.5 reset photoshop and my workstation. I even reset photoshops settings. I am running CS5 extended on a beefy workstation. If anyone has any idea's or suggestion I sure would appreciate it.

error image
    dKwTJOo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.