Home Marmoset

Toolbag 2 is on Steam! | Marmoset Toolbag 2 | News & Announcements

Replies

• MrNinjutsu
    Offline / Send Message
    MrNinjutsu greentooth
    I'm having the same problem as froyok, though it would load the hp mesh just fine earlier this morning.
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    on the diffuse/albedo thing...

Albedo is the term used in shader language to define colour before lighting is applied. it makes sense to use the term albedo here, instead of diffuse as it will also help differentiate between the old workflow and the new... Albedo should (ideally) be flat colour, while diffuse tended to have baked in lighting information.
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    This is great, played around some last night, very excited to dive in! I'll need to make a totally new model though to get the most out of my materials.

Quick question, does anyone know of a photoshop script to get a material .psd file setup with groups for the textures necessary in a PBL workflow?
  • CIEI3
    The first thing I'm a bit compared setting in the menu and convenience.
  • walthergropius
    Offline / Send Message
    walthergropius polycounter lvl 8
    Congrats on the release chaps!

maleforpc.jpg
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    mind blown! that looks amazing! btw could you guys maybe talk a bit about your workflow/process and how you go about making the difuse/gloss/spec etc? just really curious :P great job
  • instg8r
    Offline / Send Message
    instg8r polycounter lvl 8
    Haven't jumped on the Marmoset bandwagon yet, but I think I've got to give this a go! Renders look awesome :)
  • --E--
    Offline / Send Message
    --E-- polycounter lvl 11
    Amazing tool you guys! You should really be proud of yourselves! Great Work!
    [FONT=&quot]
    Absolutely love the DOF, sticky DOF focus, SSAO, child lights from sky light map and local reflections!
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Here are my notes after a few hours with 2.0. My apologies if some of these have already been mentioned.

BUGS
    [/FONT]
    1. 2x scale on marmoset logo does not render at 2x in screen shots. It goes back to 1x scale.

SUGGESTIONS
    1. Make all menus scrollable by just left clicking and dragging in empty space like marmoset 1. It is very tedious to have to focus on the scroll bar every time you want to scroll.
    2. Ability to switch to world space translation widget on lights, camera, model.
    3. Ability to rotate the model like in marmoset 1 by clicking and dragging on the model vs outside model.
    4. Better control for widget rotation. Free trackball rotation like Maya would rock.
    5. It would be nice if you could change the way materials are listed. Small thumbnails, large thumbnails, list only. Right now it’s too cluttered in the material panel.
    6. REALLY want all the cool post effects from marmoset 1 back with the fine tuned control we had. They were crazy awesome and my favorite part of marmoset 1.
    7. The sharpness post effect doesn't seem to come out very well in final renders
    8. A way to disable the translation widget when you select an object like the camera. It’s annoying to have the widget visible on the middle of your model when you are tweaking DOF.
    9. A way to disable light icons so they don’t show up in view port if you don’t want them to.
    10. An easy way to know what material is on what object.
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    --E-- wrote: »
    [*] Should be a menu to easily load sky lighting presets like marmoset 1.

i think it would be impossible to make it easier and faster than it is now xD
  • --E--
    Offline / Send Message
    --E-- polycounter lvl 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by --E-- viewpost.gif

[*] Should be a menu to easily load sky lighting presets like marmoset 1.

i think it would be impossible to make it easier and faster than it is now xD
    Right now you have to click Open... find the folder in windows explorer (since it doesn't default to the sky light folder) and then select your image and load it.

In Marmoset 1, all default light presets were in a drop down menu all already loaded within the UI. That is much faster and easier than it is now in 2.0.
  • Gheromo
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo polycounter lvl 11
    Not sure if possible, but what if you add your custom HDRIs to the folder where default ones are?
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    1 select sky
    2 look at the menu
    3 find the first option in the menu that says preset
    4 select preset.
    5 WIN
  • joeriv
    Offline / Send Message
    joeriv polycounter lvl 7
    --E-- the dropdown list is still there, just click the 2 triangles on top of eachother to the left of the sky name.

For custom images, just save the sky as .tbsky in toolbag in the default sky folder (might have to give yourself write access on the folder), and your custom HDRI will be in the list.
  • JohnnyRaptor
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyRaptor polycounter lvl 15
    edit, damn...multi-ninjad!...

98vggn.jpg
  • --E--
    Offline / Send Message
    --E-- polycounter lvl 11
    Ah! Thank you Azkur! :thumbup::thumbup:

Those drop down menus are kind of hidden aren't they!?

That is exactly what I was looking for!
  • Wahlgren
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Still doing textures an maps. Specs all over the place.
    marm4x4.jpg

Marm2.jpg

Marmoset2.jpg
  • TheDarkKnight
    Offline / Send Message
    TheDarkKnight polycounter lvl 13
    ZwQGvjx.jpg

quickly threw in an old model, really liking how it looks, to bad double sided isn't in yet though ;)
  • danielguti
    Offline / Send Message
    danielguti polycounter lvl 9
    So I started messing around with a character I made a couple months ago and here is the result.

018_max.jpg

http://danielguti.cghub.com/
  • EarthQuake
    DRSpaceman wrote: »
    I'm just having a play around with Toolbag 2 now, and I've just noticed something... Is there anyway to know which shader / material is applied to a chunk or mesh? In Toolbag 1 the UI would visually flash to indicate what the material was applied to. It might be handy to have something similar in Toolbag 2, that or highlight the meshes in the 'scene' palette.
    DRSpaceman wrote: »

Apologies if it's already been posted.

No, there is no mesh highlighting currently in TB2. This is on our todo list, just hasn’t been done yet.

stevston89 wrote: »
    Loving 2.0 so far! Here is a screen.
    Cool! Try the local reflections if you haven’t yet, it really ties everything together.

I did run into an issue though. For some reason backfacing geometry is casting shadows on front facing geo. It only seems to happen when I am manually backfacing alpha cards.

Yeah we need to look into this a bit, there seems to be some issues with shadowing and back faces in general.

Bek wrote: »
    From reading the stuff about secondary specular for carbon fiber in the tb2 beta thread I'm curious as to how that might look. I might give it a go sometime, although I'm not entirely sure how I'd go about the anisotropy stuff. What's a good source to get info on real-world materials and how they behave (Or is looking at pictures and extrapolating from that the best method we currently have?)

+1 to double sided materials (for the lens on the Kobra sight in the above model)
    +1 to being able to toggle lights

Mesh scale is obviously something you're looking at which is nice.

Is there a way to set a global default anisotropic filtering level for textures?

No, there isn’t currently.

Similarily, is there a way to edit the 'default' post-processing? I assume no since it isn't in the directory with the other presets. Alternatively I could just create a custom 'default' and load that every time. Mainly I'm curious as to why grain is enabled by default.

No, the closest thing would be to save one out and then load it up when you create a new scene.

Z-fighting is still apparent on some (admittedly poorly constructed) meshes.

Yeah, there appears to be a bug here, it seems its mostly affected by dynamic lights. Are you seeing clipping w/o dynamic lights?

Is snap camera still a thing?

No, sorry.

Would be cool to have tri (and possibly real vert?) count displayed somewhere?

Yeah this is on the todo list, just not in yet.

Derivative Normal maps? They seem interesting.

If there is enough interest we’ll look into it.

I'd like to be able to duplicate/lock cameras like in toolbag one?

Locking is on the todo list, and object duplication will likely be added in a future update as well.

Out of curiosity how likely would a linux version be in the future? Is it something remotely possible?

Sorry, a Linux version is very unlikely.

keelhauler wrote: »
    That moment when you realize that you Are going to use it for your high poly renders. Loving pretty much everything in Toolbag 2!
    keelhauler wrote: »

Yeah, I used TB2 for all my highpoly stuff now instead of Modo’s (very good) renderer. Its just easier, faster, and closer to what the end result is going to look like. I usually load up my high, and block out some basic materials before I do my bakes to have an idea of what everything will look like.

Also, try the local reflections if you haven’t. =P

Stormfreek wrote: »
    I used to enable backface culling in TB1 for the inner holes of my gun:

Ok, this isn’t necessarily specific to toolbag but general advice:

You should not use double sided materials for this purpose in any realtime render/game engine. When you add a double sided material to your model, you’re making the engine render all of the triangles twice. So if your gun is 6,000 triangles, adding a double sided material makes it 12,000 triangles.

What you should do, is model a basic inner section, just a simple box shape that is seamlessly connected to your mesh, and give it a relatively low amount of uv space. You’ll get better AO this way as well.

Since the double sided material renders all the triangles you apply it to twice, its really inefficient compared to the 100 or so triangles you would need to add to cap this mesh off.

I can get away without using it pFAG-Y9yLg3w7HubQDiJsTUu73uDVjzmjfY9xODMR_oNTa6tMyW_Y6VrRBEsJDirEr2O4XY0m99O8aSzKZ1j4n_0dCHayqqTfNifVBLUBKRjdBicmWmpjGfctA cheers for the transparency tip, will try it out!

No problem, let me know how it works out.

joeriv wrote: »
    Are the options to turn off the watermark greyed out for anyone else?

I believe the watermark option is always on in the trial version, but you can toggle it off and on in the full version. This is the only difference functionally between the trial and full. If you’ve got the full version and you’re seeing this let me know, there may be an issue with your account.

Ive got the same freezing problem of the computer.
    Have to press the power button to restart the pc.
    I already sent a mail to support@marmoset.co
    Hopefully you can fix it soon

Sorry about that, we’re working on the crashing issues currently. Thanks for the email to support.

amazing stuff. Tested with one of my older assets. I couldn't see any but are there any depth of field options with toolbag 2? I love the ones in skyshop with ddo for renders
    IkDq72_u2tIkyzg38c5TPytX9UGmohB1kRLjyNtTeWIkgAvHtXAvE3rhVqy7EZ_le6X1ev0_VZBnUc9QusJfUJONBHwhotW_z63-ngRCKVu9WYtvMM-JoxaS4w

The DOF settings are now saved per-camera. So you can set up multiple shots all with different DOF settings.

Bonus: middle mouse click on your mesh to set focus point

Double bonus: Turn on stick focus and it will attempt to lock on that focus point as you move the camera around.

BARDLER wrote: »
    Woooot made a quick and dirty bronze texture to test the workflow.
    BARDLER wrote: »

I noticed a few problems.
    1) I had this weird thing where my mesh went invisible even though it was still in the scene. This happened after I was bouncing around a few of the secondary specular and reflection options.

Interesting, if you can reproduce this I would love to hear how. Also please post your system/os info. Thanks

2) The toolbag logo moves when I hit space bar so it takes a few guesses and checks before you can get it where you want. On a side note it would be cool to be able to put in our own watermarks so we can quickly brand renders with whatever we want.

Yeah, this is part of a larger problem which we need to resolve with some sort of “safe-frame” type system. Custom watermark option will likely come in a later release.

3) Being able to lock the camera would be cool so you don't accidentally move around your perfectly lined up render angle.
    4) A saturation slider on the Sky would be nice so you could quickly get a black and white lighting setup in there to check a texture really quick, or on the opposite end get a crazy stylized lighting setup.

This isn’t in there now for lights, however you can adjust the saturation of the camera if you want black and white or various other color/style combinations. Check out the post effects in the per-camera settings.

5) Eye dropper for picking colors on anything in the scene. Would be helpful for secondary spec and fresnel.
    6) Ability to duplicate lights, or anything in the outliner or scene would be awesome.

Thanks for the awesome tool!

These aren’t in there now but are good ideas, thanks.

Sugus wrote: »
    Hi guys. Just downloaded my version and started playing with it. Just a general question: Is it better to keep things in one material or to create several materials?
    Sugus wrote: »

What i mean by this is I have a vehicle I want to render out. I've textured it so that the materials are defined via the texture maps so in theory i should be able to get everything out of one shader. However, would it be better to have multiple materials assigned to this same object?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for the awesome tool! UHMfuYXE7TYTMLh1JsT1s84zYtSBxxjKIvOylH3QTE-urln6tsu4W3tz3qCCk1JM08ZS1SBt4OObaANuyiPD3XEqSiNijMJqWtDuG5W5f3eWfeDoXULYTdh9jw

This is really up to you, and depends on the type of materials that you’re trying to represent. Generally, if you can represent all of your material types with one material and use textures to get the right look that is what you should do.

If you have certain sections that need special options, like skin, (cloth) microfiber diffusion, hair (aniso), or alpha, you should have those mesh chunks use a separate material.

Shrike wrote: »
    I just loaded one of our weapons into toolbag 2 just to compare, cannot show cause NDA however, and its absolutely ridiculous how they look. I mean jesus christ, this shouldnt be possible, especially not with that effort. I did literally nothing but load in the maps and it beats the best rendered weapons in my inspiration folder hands down.
    Shrike wrote: »
    Im doing offline stuff for years, and that feels so obsolete now.

Thats great to hear!

Fantastic job however, Wow.
    Am I really stupid or is the demo version heavily cut ?

The demo version has all all the features of the full version (the only difference is the watermark can’t be disabled in the trial). If you feel the current build is simply light on features, don’t worry, we plan on releasing many free updates in the future to fix issues and add more cool stuff. We could have held off on release, but we feel that in it’s current state it is just so much better than TB1 that we wanted to get it out in the wild.

If you’re missing something please feel free to let me know so I can log it in our feedback system, or help you find it, as some things are simply in different spots now with the new UI.

cool update, gotta admit the diffuse map/albedo thing confused the hell out of me at the start, along with options now being in different menus..bit more playing and that should become second nature.

Yeah sorry, it makes sense from a technical perspective for a lot of reasons for us. I think when everyone gets used to it it will all be ok. =D

Loving how silky smooth it is when you import high rez meshes, i get no lag at all (GTX 460). As previously mentioned, some sort of tri count would be good to actually see what kind of a beast toolbag is.

Depth of field, SSAO seem alot better than toolbag 1, I havent really played with many other new settings so cant comment on them.

Not really an issue but i kinda miss the floor tab, yes i can just import a ground plane into the scene,....but thats a step i previously didnt have to do when just doing test renders etc in the old toolbag.

This is on the todo list, just hasn’t made it in yet.

Unless im missing it, it would appear the 'outlines' feature isnt in this version. I will be updating my folio with some new work soon that i would of used the outlines on...again, not a huge issue, i'll just render in toolbag 1, but still a shame to see it gone.

Once i get time i'll have more of a play, but for now,cool stuff adNksWXJbEq97Lf-7dGa3lSUb9eNcEesziHbDWpk209VBJ9cf16jo9pt9QgGd5r4Jw5-TmPKH8zyeVICsGxbIp78vylGTrHpI6ZnFhsywLJmnEaQOxE3xB5BzQ.

Sorry, this isn’t in either. We weren’t really sure how many people used this feature. If there is a lot of interest in adding it back in we’ll certainly look into it.

Froyok wrote: »
    I was just playing a bit but I met a little problem. I have the high-poly mesh of the body of one of my character that crash Toolbag 2 while it loads it. Any ideas why ? The file weights 1GB, so if you prefer I can send the ztl file.
    Froyok wrote: »

I exported the obj from zBrush 4R6 P1 and xNormal/Substance designer load it fine.

Other than that the software looks wonderful, I'm currently playing with my other assets ! yNIm2Wo2h8-IVAzcjD8jdYfXU_Zmf7ukV6ZjyhIJgrbBrpMtTI6T3iHdxULRs7PQZYY3No08T3-1vu2UWVkYyrnILIVTtHLWUzhOwJne2qwH9WvqpbDHJmjaPw

Sorry, Zbrush does something evil with OBJs. This is a known issue that we haven’t been able to solve yet. It probably has something to do with exactly how they write the files out.

Try importing into max/maya/meshlab/etc and re-exporting as obj or fbx.

If you want to send me the ztl, dropbox/upload it and send me a link to my PM, thanks!

Shiniku wrote: »
    Quick question, does anyone know of a photoshop script to get a material .psd file setup with groups for the textures necessary in a PBL workflow?

The actual files are not really different than what you’re used to, its mostly naming.

With a traditional shader setup, you may have: diffuse, specular, gloss, normal

With a PBR shader you may have albedo, reflectance, roughness, normal

But here’s the secret, those are all basically the same maps (with a few exceptions, albedo should not have baked in lighting, roughness map use a backworks scale 0 = glossy and 1 = rough, if so, hit the invert tick on the gloss box).

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! Again, If I missed a Q, please ask it again. Trying to get to these in bunches so I'm not adding a million posts to the thread.
  • EarthQuake
    Amazing tool you guys! You should really be proud of yourselves! Great Work!

Absolutely love the DOF, sticky DOF focus, SSAO, child lights from sky light map and local reflections!

Here are my notes after a few hours with 2.0. My apologies if some of these have already been mentioned.

BUGS
    • 2x scale on marmoset logo does not render at 2x in screen shots. It goes back to 1x scale.

Interesting, we’ll look into that.

SUGGESTIONS
    • Make all menus scrollable by just left clicking and dragging in empty space like marmoset 1. It is very tedious to have to focus on the scroll bar every time you want to scroll.

While you can’t LMB scroll, you can scroll with the mouse wheel now.

• Ability to switch to world space translation widget on lights, camera, model.
    • Ability to rotate the model like in marmoset 1 by clicking and dragging on the model vs outside model.

Not sure what you mean? This was not in TB1, the widget works more or less the same as it did there. If you mean movement, then this is the same as well, grab the central bit of the widget to do screen-space move. The UI element isn’t really clear with lights though as the light icon tends to hide it.
    • Better control for widget rotation. Free trackball rotation like Maya would rock.
    • It would be nice if you could change the way materials are listed. Small thumbnails, large thumbnails, list only. Right now it’s too cluttered in the material panel.
    • REALLY want all the cool post effects from marmoset 1 back with the fine tuned control we had. They were crazy awesome and my favorite part of marmoset 1.
    • The sharpness post effect doesn't seem to come out very well in final renders
    • A way to disable the translation widget when you select an object like the camera. It’s annoying to have the widget visible on the middle of your model when you are tweaking DOF.
    • A way to disable light icons so they don’t show up in view port if you don’t want them to.
    • An easy way to know what material is on what object.

Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Ballo
    Offline / Send Message
    Ballo polycounter lvl 9
    Old model, old textures. Jonn Jonzz visiting Uk. :P
    I really miss volume for spot lights.
    I loved post process as a independent menu but I can understand that you can now do different postprocess depending of the camera in TB2.

EarthQuake, thanks, finally the error occurs when you export as a OBJ, as a FBX works sweet.

screenshot000.jpg
  • Yury
    Offline / Send Message
    Yury polycounter lvl 8
    Oh man! I have the same freezing problem. Have to hard reset my machine. I hope you can fix it, guys. I wanted to use it for my current project so badly, but now I cant. :(:(:(
  • keelhauler
    Offline / Send Message
    keelhauler polycounter lvl 11
    EarthQuake wrote: »

[/COLOR]Yeah, I used TB2 for all my highpoly stuff now instead of Modo’s (very good) renderer. Its just easier, faster, and closer to what the end result is going to look like. I usually load up my high, and block out some basic materials before I do my bakes to have an idea of what everything will look like.

Also, try the local reflections if you haven’t. =P

Modo user here also. As much I love Modo's renderer I feel it will be somewhat neglected from now one. :P

Here's first test with textures in Toolbag 2. Next up, diving into PBR.

flamethrower_FIN2.jpg
  • Titus
    Offline / Send Message
    Titus polycounter lvl 14
    Yea it's cool thing. Some tests with high poly - 2.8Mtris.
    J6CAI9l.png
    H5nFphT.png
    ltMUER2.png
    Bt7uQ2H.png
  • Froyok
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Ah! Thank you Azkur! :thumbup::thumbup:

Those drop down menus are kind of hidden aren't they!?

That is exactly what I was looking for!

I was saying the same thing to myself : the dropdown menus are not obvious at all. Nothing tells you that you can click on the word. It's a bit disturbing at first...
  • MM
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    screen space reflection seems to be causing problems with screenshot masks.
    gN9a61c.jpg

also, when i save out PSD with transparency, photoshop CC crashes while opening it.
  • BarnabyJones
    @MM thanks for sharing the script man can't wait to try it out
    WIP1.png
    Still getting use to PBR so I decided to make an asset that 95% texture work and I figured what better way to learn how to use pbr than texturing a pbr can. Its still got a long way to go and when I'm done with the clean version I'm thinking of doing a rusted version. I'm also using substance and I'm still new to it so if anyone has any critique or coments that would be nice
  • JohnnyRaptor
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyRaptor polycounter lvl 15
    maaaan, gonna be a long weekend re-doing all my characters in marmo2 :0
  • Shrike
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    @my question if the version is heavily cut, It seems like I was just too stupid to find the settings by clicking the sky and camera objects and the presets.

Your dropdown menus at the right are not obvious at all for those that are not active by default. Clicking a tiny line that enables the function is something id really change
  • --E--
    Offline / Send Message
    --E-- polycounter lvl 11
    Quote:
    • Ability to switch to world space translation widget on lights, camera, model.
    • Ability to rotate the model like in marmoset 1 by clicking and dragging on the model vs outside model.

Not sure what you mean? This was not in TB1, the widget works more or less the same as it did there. If you mean movement, then this is the same as well, grab the central bit of the widget to do screen-space move. The UI element isn’t really clear with lights though as the light icon tends to hide it.
    Thanks for the reply EarthQuake.

Sorry I wasn't very clear on what I meant by this. It's a small thing, but I really like the way in Marmoset 1 where you can hold down ctrl+left click and rotate the model one way inside of the circle that pops up and then another way outside of the circle that pops up. here is an image of the circle that I'm talking about.
    rotate.jpg

I think I may have found another issue/bug/missing functionality.

It would be nice if the child lights that you create with sky light presets are saved with each sky light .tbsky file. Currently they do not save/load properly when you load a saved .tbsky file.

I also forgot to mention how nice it is to be able to hide objects in the scene. Makes working much much easier! GREAT JOB!
  • njackson4190
    Quick render during my lunch break of my current WIP. Love it so far, taking some getting used to with the new material setup. Textures were previously made for Marmoset 1, gotta do some tweaking for Marmoset 2. I'm sure this question has been asked but how do you make a mesh double sided? Great work guys!! Gonna purchase this weekend. :)

x77n.jpg
  • NegevPro
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    Just finished installing it. Is it just me, or is Toolbag 2 noticeably faster than Toolbag 1?

Regardless, it's amazing!
  • MeintevdS
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    I just called my character done, but seems like I might have to give her a go in marmoset 2!

Quickly played around with it, love the interface a lot better than Marmoset Toolbag1. Settings are easier to find and just easier to navigate in general.

As for the dropdown menus, I found them quite quickly by just clicking anything on the screen to see what would happen. I think what throws most people off is that those double arrows are often used change the order in which stuff is placed, so you can click drag them around to reorder menus.
    Maybe an easy fix would be to change the arrows to the icon that's currently being used for the material preset list?
  • MM
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    few suggestions to optimize the GUI.

1. ability to put all tabs under one window so user doesnt have to constantly switch between tabs, instead can just scroll if needed. lot of the sub settings can even me minimized to avoid the need to scroll.
    2. add quick buttons for "new scene", "open scene" and "save scene"

here is a mock up
    LdpSzUL.jpg
  • gutty333
    OMG, must finish current projects. I am missing out on so much fun here. :'(
    Amazing work you guys and a big thanks to the developers and those involved.
  • TheDarkKnight
    Offline / Send Message
    TheDarkKnight polycounter lvl 13
    One thing I am getting is this :

eM8TiIW.jpg

Some sort of artifacts, mostly around the eyes.

Geforce GTX 460
  • MM
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    @ TheDarkKnight - same problem here and i have different GPU so it is not a GPU specific issue.

P77B9um.jpg
  • Optinium
    Offline / Send Message
    Optinium polycounter
    Same issue with the eyes to, but only on shots at a distance, when the cam is close up it goes away.
  • Luke_Starkie
    Offline / Send Message
    Luke_Starkie polycounter lvl 8
    Also getting the eye issue.

EDIT: Sorry I keep spamming this thread but damn the skinshader sure is amazing.
    qq1eWU.jpg
  • joeriv
    Offline / Send Message
    joeriv polycounter lvl 7
    Ran into a problem with .obj exports from 3dsmax.
    .fbx looks fine

[IMG][/img]2drgqio.jpg
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    I always had the same issue with the eyes or any place with similar geometry in marmoset 1.I always thought it was because of my graphics card
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    1.8 million tris works well.

hHWjd2u.png

XRIrI2I.png

BDbXsi2.png
  • RobeOmega
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    No marmoset 1 to buy anymore :(( have some money in my wallet in 5 years then :)
  • Moosebish
    Offline / Send Message
    Moosebish polycounter lvl 12
    I'm really loving it. Still exploring everything there is to do..

wSeqlF7.png
  • EarthQuake
    Yury wrote: »
    Oh man! I have the same freezing problem. Have to hard reset my machine. I hope you can fix it, guys. I wanted to use it for my current project so badly, but now I cant. :(:(:(

Sorry, our engineers are working on this as I type trying to get it sorted out. We'll likely release a hotfix for it when its solved.
  • EarthQuake
    MM wrote: »
    few suggestions to optimize the GUI.

1. ability to put all tabs under one window so user doesnt have to constantly switch between tabs, instead can just scroll if needed. lot of the sub settings can even me minimized to avoid the need to scroll.
    2. add quick buttons for "new scene", "open scene" and "save scene"

here is a mock up

Thanks for the suggestions.

MM wrote: »
    @ TheDarkKnight - same problem here and i have different GPU so it is not a GPU specific issue.

Yeah this is a known issue, we just haven’t had time to get a fix in for it. It seems like it is worse with dynamic lights, is that the case for you guys too?

EDIT: Sorry I keep spamming this thread but damn the skinshader sure is amazing.

Yes you should be very, very sorry. You’ve been a naughty boy.

Seriously, keep posting art people, we love to see it.

joeriv wrote: »
    Ran into a problem with .obj exports from 3dsmax.
    .fbx looks fine

Yeah it looks like there are some OBJ precision issues, thanks!

• bcottage
    Offline / Send Message
    bcottage polycounter lvl 13
    Just bought Marmoset 2 :D

4PS8uA0.jpg
  • stevston89
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    Ran into a bug. For some reason the backfacing geo is casting shadows on the front facing geo, but only when a light is placed with cast shadows. The area at the bottom of the dress has manually created backfacing. Don't know if it is my GPU. I am using a a Radeon 6950.

Ns4rwi6.jpg
  • MM
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    EarthQuake wrote: »

Yeah this is a known issue, we just haven’t had time to get a fix in for it. It seems like it is worse with dynamic lights, is that the case for you guys too?

issue is still present with just sky and no lights.
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Has anyone else had issues with black boxes appearing at certain angles on specific parts of your mesh? It didn't apear to be caused by any particular setting, but I didn't have enough time to fully trouble-shoot the issue. I only tested one really high poly mesh and the black boxes were about 250px wide/tall and flickered.