Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Basketball 3v3 Courts

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
aaronmwolford polycounter lvl 8
Hey guys, Below are some renders of Easley-Dunn Productions latest iOS game Basketball 3v3. We are set to release at the end of the summer.

I'm looking for texturing and aesthetic critiques. Honesty is appreciated!

Rucker_Right_zps0ff71fdf.jpg
Rucker_Left_zps2b4b3fb2.jpg
Rucker_Center_zps10c61240.jpg
HighSchool_Right_zps7fa67e04.jpeg
HighSchool_Left_zps799801ef.jpeg
HighSchool_Center_zps3dedc5b6.jpeg
Shermer_Left_zpsa18c1781.jpeg
Shermer_Center_zpse02870f8.jpeg
Shermer_Right_zps41590106.jpeg

Replies

• Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Hey man, the second one looks really good!

What engine are you guys using?

I don't have any massive crits, but the lighting on the last one i think could use some colour. it's looking pretty plain with the pure white lighting.
  • aaronmwolford
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Muzz. I see what you mean. I'll add some yellow desaturated gym lighting.
  • Dubzski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dubzski polycounter lvl 11
    Ya i second Muzz, the second one looks great =)

I think the first court is far to grey overall & fairly de-saturated in comparison to the others. Possibly because there is a dominant amount of metal, which is looking fairly dull / could use some spec highlights.

The ground in the first one could do with some slight wear & tear if its supposed to be an inner city ball court i'd expect it be more roughed up. The paint peeling / worn away etc.
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The backboard seems too far from the post - I'd expect something like this:
    Residential.BackyardBasketballCourt.jpg
    If you have the budget, I'd recommend adding a net - it would be fairly visibly in the arenas you have.

The cylinders in the background in the first arena look like oil drums; I'd recommend changing them into recognizable trash cans. A few loose bits of trash would help as well. I also can't tell what that greenish rectangle on the left wall is supposed to be.

The doors in the final arena seem flat - perhaps baking some shadows in would help give an illusion of depth. The orange blobs on the right wall aren't recognizable.
  • aaronmwolford
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, thanks guys. Were using Unity as our engine. I'm going to start with Rucker Park and get that to a desirable state first. I uploaded some new shots. Thoughts?

Rucker_Left02_zpsff79257f.jpg
    Rucker_Center02_zps0ec2aefb.jpg
    Rucker_Right02_zps0c17a4cd.jpg