Home General Discussion

Worst PR Ever...

Replies

• Wesley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wesley polycounter lvl 13
    Cool... all of this is a great example of the worst things about the internet!
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    I think the real lesson here is for small companies to do due diligence and hire competent marketing firms/professionals.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Goraaz wrote: »
    There was an incident in Sweden a while ago. A girl accused some guy of raping him. People thought this was a false accusation so they started terrorizing her, much like the way people have done here towards this PR guy. When people found out that the girl apparently HAD been raped they changed the direction of their terror towards the accused rapist and started making his life miserable instead. It was like they didn't learn anything from their incredibly ignorant mistake and continued doing it.

People laugh off the angry mobs from the old days as if it's some mentality that we've grown out of. The sad thing is that these mobs are just as bad as before and now they have better technology to perform their idiocy. I fully agree with your last post, Zpanzer. It's a shame that you changed your opinion so quickly. It shouldn't matter if the victim of these mobs are mean PR assholes or cocky 12 year old girls. I don't think any of them deserve it, guilty or not.

With all of that being said I'm not really sure how this thread helps us any further? It's not exactly relevant to game art and it's just bringing out hate.

The cards are all on the table, everyone knows what he has done.

But once again, most people will not condone any of the personal attacks on his family, and there will always be the rotten eggs in any kind of situation like this, which once again shouldn't completely ruin the good out of this. He would've continued his journeys in asshole-PR until a day further up he hit another situation like this.

Personally I'm perfectly fine with his career in marketing being down the drain, not to what anyone believes he has done, but to what he actually has done.

And once again, he has the power to work it out, but he wants to save face and look cool, and it has come back to kick him in the ass over and over again, there's yet to be any proper response from his side except the "yes but..", the whole internet knows this, the whole internet is waiting for it, but there has not been anything at all, just excuses.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    its like a 10 year old in a mans body.....unbelievable.
  • Adam L. Gray
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    Goraaz wrote: »
    There was an incident in Sweden a while ago. A girl accused some guy of raping him. People thought this was a false accusation so they started terrorizing her, much like the way people have done here towards this PR guy. When people found out that the girl apparently HAD been raped they changed the direction of their terror towards the accused rapist and started making his life miserable instead. It was like they didn't learn anything from their incredibly ignorant mistake and continued doing it.

People laugh off the angry mobs from the old days as if it's some mentality that we've grown out of. The sad thing is that these mobs are just as bad as before and now they have better technology to perform their idiocy. I fully agree with your last post, Zpanzer. It's a shame that you changed your opinion so quickly. It shouldn't matter if the victim of these mobs are mean PR assholes or cocky 12 year old girls. I don't think any of them deserve it, guilty or not.

With all of that being said I'm not really sure how this thread helps us any further? It's not exactly relevant to game art and it's just bringing out hate.

I think you nailed it dude. Mob justice is never good.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    Oh I dunno, I think if the movement was "Lynch Wall Street" we'd be seeing some changes by now.
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    Sakujo.jpg

SAKUJO!

Haha... My sides hurt now.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    dfacto wrote: »
    Oh I dunno, I think if the movement was "Lynch Wall Street" we'd be seeing some changes by now.

Wall street would be taken over by an unregulated band of sharks preying on those they could overpower, leaving it... exactly the same!
  • Weirdboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weirdboy polycounter lvl 5
    I'm not sure how I feel about the PA thing. Seems like the traditionally professional thing to do is to just mind your own business and let these things work themselves out. On the other hand if someone came to me after my event was mentioned, and was able to prove what a jackass the other guy was being, and I had a webcomic that I knew a bunch of people followed, I'd probably feel compelled to tell people about it too.

Please don't take that as me defending PA, I'm not that big of a fan.
    low odor wrote: »

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to these things, but shouldn't there be something along the lines of a non disclosure agreement in place between Christoforo and N-Control to prevent information from being held hostage like that?
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Are people seriously comparing saying nasty things on the internet to forming an angry mob and murdering someone?
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Are people still going to keep this thread going in a whole new year?
  • CrazyMatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After reading all of this, I am on no ones side but my own...BUT

When "Ocean Marketing" has someone or is being ran by someone like what was written. They should be burned to ash for simply attacking a customer who had no initial intent but to understand what was really happening in patience. Especially before it all escalated into something that didn't have to...

Wether it was wrong of Penny Arcade in the end or not. It's a cliche trend of what the overall game development community does. Sorry, but yeah by the majority are portrayed as NERDS/Geeks/Dorks, etc. in their lifetime.

But it comes down to the point where the Internet has been a easy push-on tool for those who have spent their lives without a voice to be heard where the attention of the internet can simply take time for each viewer to patiently read those w/o filtering those by stereotype.

In the end it was completely uncalled for and ruthless behavior by "Ocean Marketing" imo...
  • slipsius
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    yeah lol this dude is unbelievable... how is everything that got posted about him not legit?
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    he'll lose when he gets to court and the defendant shows the interview of him admitting he fucked up. haha
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Pretty sure he defamed his own character... times a billion.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    LRoy wrote: »
    haha this guy is completely bonkers. literally every apology/compliment is followed with an insult.

"I still love the gaming community....... but I don't know what kind of lives these people have."

"Not that I don't have respect for anybody..... but if someone's being a little punk they don't deserve respect"

It reminds me of south park when Cartman's memory is completely skewed from reality

Kinda sounds like Ben Stiller from Dodgeball.

"Just kidding - but not really" XD