Home General Discussion

SSX DD

Like many, I was pretty excited to see what EA were going to show on the new SSX series last night, aside from UC3, it was probably what I was most looking forward to.

Also like many, I'm a huuuge fan of the SSX games up to SSX3 which of course is the best in the series, and for me, one of the best games ever. Riding from the top of the mountain to the bottom, just for fun, seeing the changing weather effects and the incredible soundtrack (the way it mutes part of the audio track while you fly through the air and then kicks it in when you land) is really a great memory in gaming for me.

The game was obviously successful, it's widely regarded as the best snowboarding game ever.

So why then, do EA think it's a good idea to do this:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/12/ea-reveals-some-dark-dangerous-details-on-ssx-deadly-descents/

Survival? Horror? Is it too much to ask to just have the SSX we all know and love back once again?

And whats the betting we'll be controlling this with Kinect/Move, dancing round our living rooms like idiots?

On a more serious note, what could be their motivation for bringing these crap ideas to a proven, successful game model? If any of you guys from EA are reading this... do us all a favour and give us the franchise reboot we all want.

Replies