Home General Discussion

Dead Space 2

Replies

• glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Yea... i agree... i wanted to have more of a Eternal Darkness feel to it as to how disturbed and insane you where after the first one. Instead Isaac is more of a wiseass that tries to be more of a hero, part of the charm of the first one is, he is just a guy... kinda like Gordon Freeman. Still.. the game is beautiful, and i enjoyed playing it. But i wanted more of a psychological approach (like they said they were doing) and less action packed a la resident evil 5.

Imagine... the games atmosphere and creepyness, with just delusions, and things that haunt you... like shadows, noises that make transport you to nightmares. That would've been awesome! Thats why i like Eternal Darkness, and also like Amnesia:The Dark Descent. Those games mess with your heads. I think even Arkham Asylum did a better job when batman breathed that gas, those parts where his nightmares haunt him were pretty awesome. I know that they do that, kinda through out the game. But it feels more like cheap scare attempts, with loud noises and flickering lights to at least give you a seizure.

Anyways.. so much potential in this game that didn't get fleshed out. OH! and the multiplayer sucks! SO BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!

I will give this game an A+ when it comes to death animations.... those are way scary and gruesome. Kudos on that one.
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    glottis8 wrote: »
    Instead Isaac is more of a wiseass that tries to be more of a hero, part of the charm of the first one is, he is just a guy... kinda like Gordon Freeman.
    reason why I'm staying kinda away from it..

that, and I'm not allowed to play Dead Space (one) while my girlfriend is home, and she's home at night, when I'd want to play..:poly141:
    thats what I get for lying to her and saying that the corpse over there, probably is dead, and its totally safe to just continue down the dark hallway..
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    reason why I'm staying kinda away from it..

What do you mean.
  • erroldynamic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    erroldynamic polycounter lvl 18
    Been playing it recently, not that far into it yet. So far the story hasn't grabbed me or intrigued me much at all. It's fun though and there's some awesome visuals.
  • HitmonInfinity
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmmm, Dead Space meets The Thing?

not entirely out-of-place.
  • HitmonInfinity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HitmonInfinity polycounter lvl 11
    Well, Event Horizon is a bit played out for now, so the Thing makes sense to me! :D
  • vik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vik polycounter lvl 13
    Dead Space 2 was a big let down for me it felt more like Call of Duty in space with monsters than anything.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    glottis8 wrote: »
    Yea... i agree... i wanted to have more of a Eternal Darkness feel to it as to how disturbed and insane you where after the first one. Instead Isaac is more of a wiseass that tries to be more of a hero, part of the charm of the first one is, he is just a guy... kinda like Gordon Freeman. Still.. the game is beautiful, and i enjoyed playing it. But i wanted more of a psychological approach (like they said they were doing) and less action packed a la resident evil 5.

I couldn't agree more and this is why i'm struggling to get myself to finish it. Hell of a lot of fun thom it just doesn't pull me in as much as the first one did.