Skizot wrote: »
    chumpion.png
    World Heavy Championship :D
  • Gerre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gerre polycounter lvl 10
    ngzy2x.jpg

I decided to go ahead and release Radigan already and add the soundpack later.
    It can be downloaded here.
    Enjoy :)
  • wealthofinsight
    RedSheep wrote: »
    Nearing completion of my scout pack.

Any thoughts or suggestions for tweaks would be appreciated (Although not shown, I did improve the view model for the scattergun).
    All the textures have been improved.

1312409302.png

One more thing - I need name suggestions for each item and the pack as a whole.
    Thanks

I suggest naming the set portions of the scout motto. The scout motto is "A scout is Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obiedient, Cheerful, Brave, Clean, and Reverent."

You could name the gun "Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly"
    and the stick could be "Courteous, Kind, Obiedient, Cheerful"
    and the hat or misc could be "Brave, Clean, and Reverent."

So when you put all the items on the names list the scout motto.
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Flat Face wrote: »
    you need to stylise it more man, it looks like a COD conversion :/

Thanks for the heads up man. I enjoy the crits I've been getting to work this out. Will try to add something features from other guns to make feel more at home.
  • Boyso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boyso polycounter lvl 7
    No offense, but to me, it is completely out of place within TF2 style and timeframe.

You should use a different base, and exagerate details and proportions.
  • Kamaki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kamaki polycounter lvl 6
    Thought I'd try my hand at some TF2 modelling even though a puny human like me finds getting anything into source the most difficult thing in the world!

Decided I'd try to get some weapons in game, just as personal skins mostly; might contribute if I ever get them looking good :)

Thought I'd go with a cowboy theme.
    tFPJu.jpg

Look cowboy'y enough?
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boyso wrote: »
    No offense, but to me, it is completely out of place within TF2 style and timeframe.

You should use a different base, and exagerate details and proportions.

Actually no it isn't TF2 Takes place in 1968, long after the M16A1 was made
  • Boyso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boyso polycounter lvl 7
    Still doesn't fit the style.

TF2 has the cartonny-kiddy look to all the props.

Your prop should reflect it more.

I'm not saying there shouldnt be one. Just sayin' what I see doesn't fit in the game.
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Still doesn't fit the style.

Well after how many said views or interest in it. It seems rather irrelevant in that concern if people like the idea of it.

I believe it doesn't fit in the game is just the scripting needs more work is all
  • Boyso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boyso polycounter lvl 7
    Alright then.

Submit it. Now.

I don't care. I was saying my view on it.
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's been submitted earlier. I've been just working up a script system for a rifle type lately
  • Boyso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boyso polycounter lvl 7
    Alright then, ignore my posts.

Good luck getting it in the game.
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    @Cooljay, Boyso was just trying to help you, yes technically the m16a1 is in the right time frame, but i do agree it doesn't fit the style wit the current model, and if you submitted the same one you had in the video 1 page back, i would say that it was incomplete, as far as modeling and texturing goes too.

Which seems to be a problem with you, you kick things out before there ready, on your next project work on it till it is too the quality of other people work on here or greater regardless of the time it takes, really spend a month on something and learn as much as possible and make it look like something that someone would actually want to hire you to build.
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For this one I'll take my risks of whether or not it gets in. It's just more of scripting challenge in my opinion. To get a feel for how to do it.

Organic modeling is still what I'm more focused for.

Won't be another while until I decide to make another TF2 Item again.
  • Boyso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boyso polycounter lvl 7
    Nobody said to stop doing TF2 items. What I tried to say and what Passerby added is (like I said in another one of threads) : You're going too fast. I understand you made that model for the script. Still an artist should never release a model they are not happy with. It will only weight you down your submission and yourself when you will try applying for a job.

Still, from the video, it shows your script works correctly, so kudos on this!
  • Sparkwire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sparkwire polycounter lvl 9
    its not going to get in because it looks like it was made in 1996.
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nobody said to stop doing TF2 items. What I tried to say and what Passerby added is (like I said in another one of threads) : You're going too fast. I understand you made that model for the script. Still an artist should never release a model they are not happy with. It will only weight you down your submission and yourself when you will try applying for a job.

Still, from the video, it shows your script works correctly, so kudos on this!

I am not stopping because someone said so. I just need to take a break to work on other things. Although seeing as the script works it opens a whole new bag of stuff for people to work on. Which is what impresses me of what the justice was meant to do of it.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RIDLIOHW

Just add this by making a script folder in your mod folder

However I will consider getting an AR-10 next though, when I find the time.
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sparkwire wrote: »
    its not going to get in because it looks like it was made in 1996.

M16A1 was made in 1957, but wasn't considered until 1967 due to it being similar to an AR-15

EDIT:

Sorry misread that
  • Xenu's Paradox
    SgtR007 wrote: »
    itemtest0000.jpg

Easy enough to do, aside from the fact that the paint goes shooting off pyro's face when he dies.

Try making the paint splotches a separate misc. item. Maybe put more splotches on the suit as well. AFAIK misc. items stay attached to the ragdoll on death.
  • Doughnut Bear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hotrod1x.jpg

added whatever those things are called (alligator something?) that are on the default flamethrower's straps. as always c&c welcome

edit: sideshot ingame
    2011080400001.jpg
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks fine to me so far :P. Keep it going
  • Doughnut Bear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @cooljay thanks!

pleasent suprise starting tf2 and seeing i had a pipboy waiting for me :D
  • re.wind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    congrats! The pipboy has replaced my polycount pin as my main engineer misc item :D
  • Just a Gigolo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SgtR007 wrote: »
    itemtest0000.jpg

Easy enough to do, aside from the fact that the paint goes shooting off pyro's face when he dies.

Now just imagine if you could paint those white.
  • Dashtoronto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Now just imagine if you could paint those white.

and give him DDD boobs.
  • Nzdjh
  • ant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ant
    @ cooljay

Personally , disregarding the style of your gun, I think is is both admirable and valuable that you have being toying with the scripting. both for yourself and for this community..sooner or later someone is gonna need scripting help.
    keep going with it.
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ant wrote: »
    @ cooljay

Personally , disregarding the style of your gun, I think is is both admirable and valuable that you have being toying with the scripting. both for yourself and for this community..sooner or later someone is gonna need scripting help.
    keep going with it.

It's something that gives a more clear option for Valve. Sometimes Valve doesn't know what people want to do with their submission, so they just make it a reskin. If anyone needs a scripting help I'm all for it on my end.
  • RedSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    boyscoutpromo.jpg
    Try to not take notice of the mediocrity of the promo. Probably going to submit sometime tomorrow.
    Going to be my first submission.
    woo
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol this is pretty sweet here. Good luck on your submission too :P
  • KajiVena
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Svdl wrote: »
    I wanted to jump on the engineer badwagon but I wanted to create something other than "just" shotguns, pistols or wrenches.

isGV9.jpg
    y7dPu.jpg

I'm not sure what it is, but I guess it's a start.
    Svdl wrote: »
    I started texturing this thing.

tbB3e.jpg

Not sure what to do to make it look more like some sort of a heavy tool and less like a weird gun.

edit: Team colored picture
    Dqh7G.jpg
    Hmm, I do believe that could very well be a Nail or Rivet gun. To be honest, I feel the original color scheme fit the weapon better. The model looks amazing, by the way.

Are you, perhaps, looking for any more Engineer weapon/adornment ideas? I've had an idea for an auto-mechanic Engineer that I was trying to model but I ran into difficulty when I realized I had no idea how to model the misc. item I had planned on (a replacement for the Engy's overalls).

But if you're not looking for ideas (I love your models, by the way!), I understand and I'll just have to keep up my Blender practice. If so, if you could give me some tips on modelling the misc, it would be greatly appreciated :)
  • Doughnut Bear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hotrod.jpg
    added a valve and the hose now attaches to something :D c&c welcome as usual
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Could be rounded out a little better in my opinion.
  • Doughnut Bear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ya i can probably round int a bit more, trying to save tries
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Try what you can. Overall it's still looks like in the general idea of it will be a good weapon. Especially if you got some stat ideas for Valve too.
  • larolaro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    larolaro polycounter lvl 9
    You guys always fight over if the item was created in the right time period way too much, ANYTHING can fit into TF2 as long as its executed well. TF2 is defined by an execution of a STYLE not a specific time period.

Having said that, Cooljay, while I think a M16A1 could totally work in TF2, your model needs a lot more work. However I feel that it would benefit you most if you just moved on and practised more with other items. You're getting better!
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    larolaro wrote: »
    You guys always fight over if the item was created in the right time period way too much, ANYTHING can fit into TF2 as long as its executed well. TF2 is defined by an execution of a STYLE not a specific time period.

Having said that, Cooljay, while I think a M16A1 could totally work in TF2, your model needs a lot more work. However I feel that it would benefit you most if you just moved on and practised more with other items. You're getting better!

Thank you for the kind words. I could find the ever so limited time to put more effort in my work though.

Also you're point is pretty valid about the style thing due to it claiming that the Australians have advanced technology in TF2 Storyline, and discovering the internet.
  • Flat Face
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Flat Face polycounter lvl 10
    Cooljay I was actually talking about the silenced pistol, I know your model is only a place holder :) the burst fire wasn't bad but far too powerful and too many shots in my opinion, I'd suggest just 3 shots fired slightly slower than yours were and make it so.. 2-3? bursts kill most classes

I'll start work on a model of my own and perhaps we could come up with some stuff as a collaboration of assault rifles :P

EDIT: I'm also a nazi when it comes to fitting in with the style so if these don't work then I'm simply not submitting them or being a part of them, I can however see an assault rifle working if done right :)
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your crits are pretty helpful in my opinion. An assault rifle pack would be pretty sweet to submit to Valve as well :P.
  • Tom3dJay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I decided to submit my 2 pieces to valve last week, but no reply yet, are they supposed to send me a message or something?
  • larolaro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    larolaro polycounter lvl 9
    Valve don't tell you anything, you'll know if your item got in when it gets in! :p
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    It's like applying for a job, they may or may not contact you ;P
  • Lime_Blue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RedSheep wrote: »
    boyscoutpromo.jpg
    Try to not take notice of the mediocrity of the promo. Probably going to submit sometime tomorrow.
    Going to be my first submission.
    woo

Nice names, glad you found something that worked
  • roninsmastermix
    Cooljay wrote: »
    Thank you for the kind words. I could find the ever so limited time to put more effort in my work though.

Also you're point is pretty valid about the style thing due to it claiming that the Australians have advanced technology in TF2 Storyline, and discovering the internet.

I would take Laro's advice to heart on this one. I know i did. Besides, you can always go back and remake your old models when you are better at it.
  • Rowinish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rowinish polycounter lvl 8
    Hey,

Just a small update, I've had sparse time to work on the 2 packs I'm currently working on, but I did get a farily solid base texture for my new wrench:
    I'm calling it he the Workman's Compensator.
    6011622764_aa0bf553f5_b.jpg
    I just need to add a small hole in the handle.
    6011072705_0328fb05e9_b.jpg

Any crits? I'm noty sure about the colors, any suggestions would be great.
    Thanks,
  • Lime_Blue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rowinish I would suggest toning down the colors in the red, but otherwise looking great

• Doughnut Bear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    they should ask you for payment info 4-5 days after it gets in. if im not mistaken there have been some pretty old items that were not implemented way after submission so if isn't in game right away there is still hope :P
  • Doughnut Bear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderao2.jpg
    renderao1.jpg

figured out how to render ao :D

edit: also as far as the debate about style
    team-fortress-2-then-and-team-fortress-2-now.jpg
  • Ninjentleman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    edit: also as far as the debate about style
    team-fortress-2-then-and-team-fortress-2-now.jpg

I'm sorry, but you have no argument. In fact Laro laro put it perfectly on the last page.

"You guys always fight over if the item was created in the right time period way too much, ANYTHING can fit into TF2 as long as its executed well. TF2 is defined by an execution of a STYLE not a specific time period."

If you don't see the consistent "style" he is speaking of, I don't know how to help you.

Edit: I am tired of people using this excuse to justify their model that either doesn't fit in the style or doesn't make any sense what so ever. Just because the line of "what fits into TF2" appears to have been slightly blurred doesn't mean that someone's high poly scoped AK47 has any place in the game.
  • Doughnut Bear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it was a joke..