Home General Discussion

Bin Laden Dead?

Replies

• XenoKratios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XenoKratios polycounter lvl 12
    Wonder if they will attack Pakistan now... They we're giving Pakistan $3.2billion a year so they could be BFF, but apparently their president at the time wasn't faithful.

BUT, SUPR SRS.
    NO PHOTOS? GTFO.
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    Wonder if they will attack Pakistan now... They we're giving Pakistan $3.2billion a year so they could be BFF, but apparently their president at the time wasn't faithful.

BUT, SUPR SRS.
    NO PHOTOS? GTFO.

i doubt Pakistan being attacked, they have no oil.

the Nato air strike on April 30(1 day before Osama's killing) was targeted for Gaddafi but it killed his son and grand sons instead and some civilians. So there may be a chance for Libya invasion next.
  • NordicNinja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM wrote: »
    i doubt Pakistan being attacked, they have no oil.

the Nato air strike on April 30(1 day before Osama's killing) was targeted for Gaddafi but it killed his son and grand sons instead and some civilians. So there may be a chance for Libya invasion next.

To be fair there was a video from CNN showing there was potentially a basement / bunker underneath the area that was hit. NATO also said that they only strike "military targets" in response to questions about that particular bombing. It wouldn't surprise me to find out there was some sort of room under there being used for command / operations control.

I'm not saying there was necessarily but I do think assuming it was an assassination attempt without any information is a bit of a stretch.
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    To be fair there was a video from CNN showing there was potentially a basement / bunker underneath the area that was hit. NATO also said that they only strike "military targets" in response to questions about that particular bombing. It wouldn't surprise me to find out there was some sort of room under there being used for command / operations control.

I'm not saying there was necessarily but I do think assuming it was an assassination attempt without any information is a bit of a stretch.

it is a stretch to think Gaddafi would have his grandsons in a command center. have you seen the video of the house they bombed ? nothing remotely suggest a military target. it was a residential area and other civilians were also affected.

besides, NATO is just a front from the western coalition(btw this is not speculation, the terms are used synonymously even in US main stream media). just look at the NATO roster. as far as i know, none of the Nato member nations have fuel as natural resource.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    bbob wrote: »
    Heh, exactly what I thought when I saw the images of the celebrations.

Actually, there is a key difference between those two images. The lower image, they are all waving guns. In the US, they are waving iPhones. Yep, we are the scary ones!
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    notman wrote: »
    Actually, there is a key difference between those two images. The lower image, they are all waving guns. In the US, they are waving iPhones. Yep, we are the scary ones!

lol i was thinking the same but then realized that American citizens actually have more guns legally than the average Libyan civilians. btw those guns on the picture look like toys to me.
  • NordicNinja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it is a stretch to think Gaddafi would have his grandsons in a command center. have you seen the video of the house they bombed ? nothing remotely suggest a military target. it was a residential area and other civilians were also affected.

besides, NATO is just a front from the western coalition(btw this is not speculation, the terms are used synonymously even in US main stream media). just look at the NATO roster. as far as i know, none of the Nato member nations have fuel as natural resource.

Was it stupid to have his family there? Absolutely. But again it wouldn't surprise me. If I was Osama bin Laden I sure as fuck wouldn't have my family anywhere near the house I was living in but look how that ended up.

Yes, I have seen images of the house and I don't think there is enough information to make a strong opinion one way or the other. Much less think think that I know more about the situation then NATO or anybody else with any sort of intelligence operations.

The only point I'm trying to argue is that I would be wary to draw such strong opinions when information is so limited. Was it an assassination attempt by NATO working as the puppet of the US? Maybe, personally I find that highly unlikely.
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ghost-d polycounter lvl 17
    I just found this so I thought I´d post a link. This video could be very interesting for people that are able to actually see consequences instead of having "faith" in the US or NATO (or media, UN,...):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXFAsz6_W50&feature=player_embedded#at=144
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    that vid has some very valid points. I would recommend anyone in this debate watch it, its pretty interesting.
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    Was it stupid to have his family there? Absolutely. But again it wouldn't surprise me. If I was Osama bin Laden I sure as fuck wouldn't have my family anywhere near the house I was living in but look how that ended up.

i am trying not to stretch this discussion too far but i got one last thing on this note!

Osama had his family in that house because it was his house and not a military compound. according to the news, Osama was unarmed and was shot anyways in front of his family. I think everyone would have preferred he was taken alive and went through the same tribunal as Saddam and hanged if possible.

few interesting videos. it is hard to tell what is true anymore and who to trust.

http://rt.com/news/nato-ground-operation-libya/

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQW9FnqP4e4&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYesnOD6_gQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TX_Fo96D-M&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    wrong

Excellent rebuttal, good sir. I hope you will allow me to marshal an equally compelling counter-argument:

"No, YOU'RE wrong."

What an informative exchange of opinions this has been!
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Shut up! I don't need your sass.

Actually, you're right. No one was killed. The wife was shot in the leg and Laden executed.

There has been talk that a woman was killed, with reports that she might have been a human shield, killed in the crossfire or involved in the fighting. Strictly speaking, she wasn't an intended target, so maybe there's a point with that. Either way, if the military is intent on killing someone, this method was far less awful than blowing up a city block with a cruise missile.
  • Martin Henriksson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Martin Henriksson polycounter lvl 9
    as far as i know, none of the Nato member nations have fuel as natural resource.

I dont know the exact status of all of the NATO members but i do know that several have oil as a natural resource. USA, norway and especially Canada all have oil.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Anyone confirm that he was unarmed?

To be objective, it's the systems put in place by the Bush administration since the 9/11 attacks that have been quietly at work that have led to the operation. Not everything is black and white (no pun intended), gentlemen. Obama was the commander in chief, however and that's a fact.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    lol i was thinking the same but then realized that American citizens actually have more guns legally than the average Libyan civilians. btw those guns on the picture look like toys to me.

Where did you get this statistic? And what do legally armed citizens have anything to do with anything? It's a part of their constitution and a legal right, despite state legislation overruling it in many cases. I am sure Michael Moore would have you believe you can aquire a firearm legally as easily as a burger.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Jeez were arguing about whether or not one of Bin Laden's wives was shot now? Go make some art people...

Oh and supercow? Pretty sure Bin Laden had a fully automatic and was firing at the seals so...
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In our media (Slovak republic - part of NATO terrorist organization - our media is just bunch of bitches taking for given whatever the US media say and trying to feed us the shit):

- We got information about Laden using his wife as a human shield and that she was therefore killed.
    - Next day they said that she was killed too, yet he didn´t use her as a human shield (at this point I couldn´t believe that the US government pricks wouldn´t use the situation and dirty up their enemy as usually?).
    - Later that day we got information that though the US still aren´t going to show any evidence about Ladens death, yet the wife that should have been killed not only wasn´t killed during the action, but she also confirmed to them that the man they murdered was really Bin Laden (and here´s the point when I understood why he wasn´t using her as human shield according to media all of the sudden and why they decided to reincarnate her...).
    - What was really astonishing was the news earlier today - Laden wasn´t armed and fighting back at all. As I remember one of the white house butlers said that they would have arrested him if he wasn´t fighting back, and that the reason why he was killed was that the agents (or whatever you call the murderers nowadays) didn´t want to risk getting shot in the fight.

Maybe I´m wrong and these information were only on my TV. But I´m starting to feel that it´s not about pointing where/when they lied, but trying to find some point when they DIDN´T lie?

I give it like 3 more days and they will confirm that Laden wasn´t in that building. Unless they´d finally finish some decent photoshop picture to feed their sheeps...
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Wow.... I've got work to do. I think I hear my shepherd calling anyways :/
    It's not a conspiracy.

Ever hear of a lobbyist? Those are the people who pay the bills of elected officials.

Never said it was. In fact, I have no idea why this statement is directed at me.

edit* - Oh, I meant that I question everything in general. Not necessarily this situation.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    oh look a political thread, where are the kitties?
  • Sean VanGorder
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    SeanEG wrote: »
    lenin-cat-meme-generator-turn-polycount-against-itself-take-over-world-0953cb.jpg

Heil Stal-Oh wait, wrong leader...
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Fuse wrote: »

To be objective, it's the systems put in place by the Bush administration since the 9/11 attacks that have been quietly at work that have led to the operation.

And Batman Begins was mainly the work of Joel Schumacher.
  • XenoKratios
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    now the cats have appeared, time for a quick precis :

absolute bastard got shot in the face. Oh boo hoo.

and of course he's dead. Thats why the following exchange hasn't surfaced :

OBAMA : "bin laden's dead"
    MAN STANDING NEXT TO BIN LADEN : "no he isn't. I am standing next to him".

now, post sloths
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    And Batman Begins was mainly the work of Joel Schumacher.

Haha that's a pretty backwards way to make analogy, but yes.. Precisely my point.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha ones of my mates facebook status is currently:

"So it turns out that Osama Bin Laden was unarmed when he was killed. This raises a very important question - Who gives a fuck?"
  • JB56Blacknine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can't believe some of you guys. You have zero problem believing Osama bin Laden was unarmed and yet you cannot believe he is truly dead.

Also the picture comparing the US celeberations to Middle Easterners(?) is a farce. We do not hack the limbs off of those that insult a religious leader.. also the clear difference is that they are all waving guns, the top image they are waving flags.
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas wrote: »
    Haha ones of my mates facebook status is currently:

"So it turns out that Osama Bin Laden was unarmed when he was killed. This raises a very important question - Who gives a fuck?"

wrong question. question that it raises is why did they lie and what else could be a lie in this story.

I wonder how (for example) the NY Rangers fans would be celebrating a winning match that would never be aired on TV, there would be no evidence of the match being even played and the score would be different each time they mention it in the sport news. Everybody would be suspicious and take it as a bad joke. But when same thing happens with murdering Bin Laden, many people take it as a fact, celebrate it and refuse to ask any questions. Did any of these people even think like: ok, so they lied about the circumstances of his death for several times, so what if the death of Laden is a lie as well? Or are they just that stupid (is it even possible to be THAT stupid)?
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    ghost-d wrote: »
    wrong question. question that it raises is why did they lie and what else could be a lie in this story.

I wonder how (for example) the NY Rangers fans would be celebrating a winning match that would never be aired on TV, there would be no evidence of the match being even played and the score would be different each time they mention it in the sport news. Everybody would be suspicious and take it as a bad joke. But when same thing happens with murdering Bin Laden, many people take it as a fact, celebrate it and refuse to ask any questions. Did any of these people even think like: ok, so they lied about the circumstances of his death for several times, so what if the death of Laden is a lie as well? Or are they just that stupid (is it even possible to be THAT stupid)?

I think the difference here is that the people who are celebrating do not care about the circunstances of his death.

Whether he was spooning a home-cooked meal into the mouths of hungry orphans clutching puppies or spooning home-cooked orphans into the mouths of hungry puppies, people are going to celebrate his death. He was not a nice or a good person and is the face of an attack on American soil.

Additionally, I am under the impression that most of the celebration happened Sunday after the announcement and shortly thereafter. New information being released today doesn't erase the celebration from Sunday.

And I'm not sure where you're getting that people aren't asking questions - new information wouldn't be arising if people weren't asking questions. Not all people are going to be asking questions though, and I don't think they have an obligation to do so, so long as someone is.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wrong question.

Lets just assume its completely the right question so I don't have to read the rest of your post...
  • NordicNinja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Incorrect information does not always = lie.

Contrary to what most people seem to think, it is not easy getting solid information in cases like this. Its like getting in a car accident, things happen so fast that sometimes the people involved need to look back and reflect on what happened.

The fact is that the SEALs had to make a split second decision to shoot or not. After going through a 30 minute firefight I would be surprised if they didnt shoot him. Unless he was kneeling on the floor naked with his hands up and "I give up, don't shoot" painted across his chest I think it was a completely understandable decision.
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Incorrect information does not always = lie.

Contrary to what most people seem to think, it is not easy getting solid information in cases like this. Its like getting in a car accident, things happen so fast that sometimes the people involved need to look back and reflect on what happened.

The fact is that the SEALs had to make a split second decision to shoot or not. After going through a 30 minute firefight I would be surprised if they didnt shoot him. Unless he was kneeling on the floor naked with his hands up and "I give up, don't shoot" painted across his chest I think it was a completely understandable decision.

I think you´re missing my point. Some of the white house clowns said on TV that they would have captured him if he wasn´t armed and shooting back. But unfortunately he was and the agents didn´t want to get shot. AND NOW they say he wasn´t armed at all. If they said that he wasn´t armed but they shot him because of the tense of the situation, I´d understand. But why the hell didn´t they say that in the first place? To me it feels like if they were just trying how far they can push all the bullshit they say and people will still take it.
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape wrote: »
    I think the difference here is that the people who are celebrating do not care about the circunstances of his death.

Whether he was spooning a home-cooked meal into the mouths of hungry orphans clutching puppies or spooning home-cooked orphans into the mouths of hungry puppies, people are going to celebrate his death. He was not a nice or a good person and is the face of an attack on American soil.

Additionally, I am under the impression that most of the celebration happened Sunday after the announcement and shortly thereafter. New information being released today doesn't erase the celebration from Sunday.

And I'm not sure where you're getting that people aren't asking questions - new information wouldn't be arising if people weren't asking questions. Not all people are going to be asking questions though, and I don't think they have an obligation to do so, so long as someone is.

What I was trying to say, is that people are still taking his death as a fact, no matter that it is surrounded by several disinformations from the white house. They´re constantly changing the story and there are people who just overlook it and take death of Bin Laden as a fact - what if also this part of the story (the death) is different from what they say now? That´s where I´m trying to say here.

And this is not a conspiracy theory - I´m just pointing on what the white house says.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Did the White House say it, or did you hear it on the news? Two completely separate things. I'm trying to remember if Obama said that Bin Laden was armed. I think he just said, during the fire fight, Bin Laden was killed.

Before Obama even gave his speech, the news was reporting that a drone killed Bin Laden a week ago, and they were just waiting for DNA results. It's all BS until specific answered get asked and answered.
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman wrote: »
    Did the White House say it, or did you hear it on the news? Two completely separate things. I'm trying to remember if Obama said that Bin Laden was armed. I think he just said, during the fire fight, Bin Laden was killed.

Before Obama even gave his speech, the news was reporting that a drone killed Bin Laden a week ago, and they were just waiting for DNA results. It's all BS until specific answered get asked and answered.

It was someone from the white house at a press conference (I didn´t care for his name or function, I catched it on TV by accident. it was going live on one Czech news channel). Journalists asked why they didn´t capture Laden instead of shooting him and the guy said that they would capture him if he wasn´t shooting back, but the agents didn´t want to risk getting shot in the firing, because Laden was armed.
    And please don´t anybody tell me that white house didn´t know if he was armed or not - they were watching it live, didn´t they (I´m referring to the photograph of them watching it)?
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Glad he's dead but worshipable grave or not, my guess is terrorism will get even worse now he is a martyr for other religious lunatics and "moderate" muslims.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I'm sure in the 4 supposed years he was there he never once popped out to the shops for a new towel, or just walked his pitbull and caught some rays! Thanks for letting us know about him, Pakistan. We love you too :shifty:
  • XenoKratios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XenoKratios polycounter lvl 12
    I like how you blamed a whole country for not knowing a guy lives in a house. Man in countries like those and in small village you don't go snooping around a guy's house if he stays at home all day. He probably walked around on his property, it's pretty big. I also think that some people probably didn't even recognize him.

He's Osama Bin Laden, he probably had 4 servants that did everything for him. while he took the day off the j-off.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    and don't give a fuck that we go around executing unarmed people without trial, among the dozen other incredibly illegal things we allow our government to do.
    1) Not much of trail, its not like he would plead anything but guilty. He's on record/tape saying so, he would gladly do it over and over again if he could, again also on record. It's not like he was wanted for Questioning... he was wanted dead or alive. If the choice is, come back alive with Osama in a body bag, or die there... his ass is going in a bag...

Then you have his belief system. This guy perfected the brainwashing that goes into making people martyr themselves. Dying in battle is a glorious thing... Being taken into custody wasn't an option for him... Oh the Americans are here, cool I'll go pack and call my lawyer, guys stop shooting at them, its cool we're going peacefully.

Then we have the issue of when his buddies/guards are engaged in a shoot out, outside, then they storm inside all it takes to get shot is not standing perfectly still even then if you even smell like a threat you're gone. When it comes down to does he have a gun does he not, is he making a threatening move or not, its the call of the guy behind the trigger, he's going to make the best call for him not the guy who would gladly kill him if given a chance. You can't give them that chance he'll take it. Oh wait do over... I'll go back outside and this time when I bust down the door I'll kill ya first ok?
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    Geronimo was the code name of the operation to kill Osama.

Geronimo was a Native American hero ie. a real American. everyone in the country (except any native Americans) are either immigrants or descendants of immigrants/invaders who stole America from the native Americans.

so my point is, the code name of the operation is just another example of illegal invasion and global domination.
  • IEatApples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Code names tend to be randomly generated by a computer these days, it stops the name ending up relating to the mission and giving possible intel. So really it means nothing.
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    Geronimo was the code name of the operation to kill Osama.

Geronimo was a Native American hero ie. a real American. everyone in the country (except any native Americans) are either immigrants or descendants of immigrants/invaders who stole America from the native Americans.

so my point is, the code name of the operation is just another example of illegal invasion and global domination.

QFT. The man was evil and justice was served. So many Batshit crazy people on this thread. Take off your tin foil hat and get in touch with reality.

This thread needs more cats....NOW
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    Cojax wrote: »
    QFT. The man was evil and justice was served. So many Batshit crazy people on this thread. Take off your tin foil hat and get in touch with reality.

This thread needs more cats....NOW

nah, i am getting great reception with this thing. may be you should take off the blindfolds provided by the government :)

also, cats

2vn2e5s.jpg
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    Skamberin wrote: »
    o9rceo.jpg

Oh look, one doesn't have people, including children, holding guns, celebrating the death of upwards of 3000 innocent civilians. Making a correlation between the two is forced and idiotic. I don't often involve myself with such obvious "trollololol" threads and flame wars, but this is just silly.

Granted, I do not advocate celebrating the death of any human being, no matter how horrible the person may be.
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    Geezus wrote: »
    Oh look, one doesn't have people, including children, holding guns, celebrating the death of upwards of 3000 innocent civilians. Making a correlation between the two is forced and idiotic. I don't often involve myself with such obvious "trollololol" threads and flame wars, but this is just silly.

Granted, I do not advocate celebrating the death of any human being, no matter how horrible the person may be.

That entire post was a joke (hence the "durr" at the end).
    Honestly though, it's celebration of death, simple as, doesn't matter who it's for, doesn't justify it.
    And if the Americans were allowed to carry out their guns in the streets and fire wildly in celebration, you know they would, because they probably have the weapons already :P

The entire point of the picture is to show that "the best country evar" isn't that much different from "the worst country evar". We're all human.
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    may be you should take off the blindfolds provided by the government :)
    It´s unfortunate that we need these people to take off the blindfolds so we didn´t have to worry about all the shit the governments tries on us nowadays. If we could split the earth in two and separate us (our future) from those who blindly believe their politicians, we sure would.
  • JB56Blacknine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

"He was armed, firing at us, and holding his wife as a shield."

to

"He was unarmed, and not holding her as a shield. But we killed him, and she got shot anyway."

Though apparently, Americans these days are pretty stupid, and don't give a fuck that we go around executing unarmed people without trial, among the dozen other incredibly illegal things we allow our government to do.

Nobody gives a shit about the substance of the idea that was America, just the sound of it.

Granted, it's pretty freaking awesome that he's dead.

It was 8 times the size of any other house in the area.

All houses had to be registered.

The old president used to pass by that house often.

That house is very close to Pakistan's top military training school.

*shrugs* Take it or leave it.

What I want to know is why we are giving so much foreign aid to Pakistan; especially if they WERE hiding him. Sorry, but I fail to buy this notion that they just "didn't know" you know?

And also, the story has been changed so many times by the white house that really, I blame the Obama Administration for failing to get the story straight.