Home General Discussion

Bin Laden Dead?

Replies

• crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    The joke going around is that Bin Laden put his information on the PSN network, when it was hacked the US was able to pinpoint his location and take him out, har har.
    slipsius wrote: »
    they went to war for oil, and came back with... zero drums, and the highest gas prices to date. hmmmmmm

not to mention, obama flat out said in his speech the troops arent coming home. lets see what their excuse for continuing this war are.

It's a vicious cycle, in many ways we're paying for the "sins of our fathers", the middle east doesn't hate us for nothing that's for damned sure. The military industrial complex has been around for half a century, it's expensive and ingrained in our culture more than many of us know. The military is an expensive business that this nations economy is founded on. Military + Oil = American economy. We can't just abondon it overnight the worldwide economy would collapse. Lets hope we ramp things down moving forward, this could mark a great turning point. But there is still a great deal of hate for the west, there is still a huge need for oil, this wont change quickly.
  • lincolnhughes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lincolnhughes polycounter lvl 10
    i'd call conquering a country, bringing in your own foreign oil corporations, and reaping the profit off of them stealing. While we are helping to stabilize the west by doing this, we're also working to destabilize / destroy the east. With their economy in shambles, living standards low as fuck, and the average wage per person per day being so low, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the average person isn't living in health because of your so called, "fair trade" being implemented forcefully on the people of Iraq.
  • PhattyEwok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PhattyEwok polycounter lvl 9
    Bigjohn wrote: »
    It's like what Miles O'Brien said:

/nerd

I like what Worf Said Better:

"Death to the Opposition!"

and

"Find him and Kill him!"
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    dude tyler just stop talking

go read some history.... you're making my brain hurt
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    Tyler wrote: »
    It wasn't any better there before we turned up. It's hardly just because of the west.
    Not an excuse to make it shittier is it? There are countries better than America in the world, should they invade America to improve it? :D
    Also one would hope interference of any kind would be to improve something.
  • XenoKratios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XenoKratios polycounter lvl 12
    Stinger88 wrote: »
    Haven't really been following the news on this but is this photshoppery the picture they released of bin laden dead?

I still however think he is dead.

bin%20dead%20fake%202511sk.jpg

source: http://geograpcics.deviantart.com/journal/40289576/

Pakistani News picked up that image posted on a Middle Eastern online newspaper website.......

howthefakewasmade.jpg

Noob needs to level up in photoshop though
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Read the thread Xeno, that shits photoshopped as hell, and OLD.
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    It wasn't any better there before we turned up. It's hardly just because of the west.

Tyler, i think you are mixing two ideas together.

I would like to point that that if i say "The West steals oil from the East" then I mean the western oil companies, banks, corporations ie. the power houses and NOT the western people. they are two separate entities. the people in general is too big and too vague to say one way or another but the government or corporations have pretty clear intentions - money/power.

So this has nothing to do with general people and what they want. in fact it is the opposite because the cost of war comes from the our own pocket. the high price of everything we buy and the taxes we pay goes straight to the GOV which is turn funds the war which in turn increases the cost of living. the only people who benefit from this situation are the corporation owners who get rich even when economy is bad. rich get richer and poor get even more poor.

now unless you are one of those billionaires who benefits from this then i dont see how you could possibly support the war or stealing of oil, or killing of Gaddafi's son in any way.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Like... 16 hours OLD.

Jeez... get with the times Xeno!
  • XenoKratios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XenoKratios polycounter lvl 12
    Also, if you think Obama would fake Osama's death, you're a super duper twat of an idiot.

Word of mouth is not enough for me.
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ghost-d polycounter lvl 17
    MM wrote: »
    LOL

it must be nice to live in a fantasy world!

dont take it personally, but the level of stupidity that makes people say shit like that is astonishing and sad at the same time.

do some homework instead of spiting out non-sense. Gaddafi actually give out profit money from the oil sales to his citizens the Lybian people. I dont see U.S. government doing the same.

My words exactly.
    I´m quite glad to see more and more people to stand up against this kind of US-always-the-good-guys nonsense. Not that I would see any chance in changing the shit in the world happening due to oil and the overall hysteria since it got too far, but it´s somehow nicer to be deep in this shit with so many people sharing same opinions.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea the speech he gave was about the end of combat operations in Iraq, which is surprising given the presence of combat troops still in Iraq and the biggest civil war the country had ever seen was just a few months away... "Combat's over, now we have to rebuild... well after some more fighting and some ethnic cleansing and some more fighting... followed by more fighting... but combat is over!"

That carrier was the USS Abraham Lincoln... Coincidence that Lincoln has been such a key figure brought up recently... I THINK NOT!
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Until there is some tangible proof I find it hard to believe they've actually got him.

why
  • lincolnhughes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    because 80 percent of the stuff they say is a lie anyways??
  • breakneck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    breakneck polycounter lvl 13
    wires, or it didn't happen :P
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ghost-d polycounter lvl 17
    breakneck wrote: »
    wires, or it didn't happen :P
    Nailed it :)
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also, if you think Obama would fake Osama's death, you're a super duper twat of an idiot.

Try not to be so offensive if it could absolutely turn out to be the truth, you'll just look like a bigger moron.

There's always the possibility he got decent intel ages ago that bin laden had died years ago of kidney failure like everyone suspected and so decided to guarantee himself a re-election...
  • lincolnhughes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Originally Posted by Neo_God viewpost.gif
    The US didn't murder Hussein, The US delivered him to the Iraqi Government to be tried, and later hung for crimes against humanity. Bin Laden? He was on America's personal shit list, so I guess the middle man was cut.

The US supported Saddam during his "crimes against humanity" with billions of dollars in military aid, as well as gave the go-ahead to gas the Kurds with chemical weapons that they provided to Saddam. The fact that they put him on trial is pretty preposterous in the first place because he wouldn't have been able to commit 1/2 the atrocities that he did without their support. Of course that little tidbit of information is left out any time anybody talks about Saddam and his vicious war-crimes.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    J6brv.gif

Ironic Southpark had this :P
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Originally Posted by Neo_God viewpost.gif
    The US didn't murder Hussein, The US delivered him to the Iraqi Government to be tried, and later hung for crimes against humanity. Bin Laden? He was on America's personal shit list, so I guess the middle man was cut.

The US supported Saddam during his "crimes against humanity" with billions of dollars in military aid, as well as gave the go-ahead to gas the Kurds with chemical weapons that they provided to Saddam. The fact that they put him on trial is pretty preposterous in the first place because he wouldn't have been able to commit 1/2 the atrocities that he did without their support. Of course that little tidbit of information is left out any time anybody talks about Saddam and his vicious war-crimes.
    The US supported Saddam through the Iran/Iraq war as soon as that finished the US quickly withdrew support and left him up to his own devices. There is a lot of evidence that if the US had stuck around and helped rebuild/shape Iraq after that war he would of never invaded Kuwait, but now the US is on the hook for rebuilding Iraq... His crimes happened in the downtime he wasn't under the US's thumb. So technically not hypocrites in that particular case, just every other "valid reason" that was slung, lol.

The funny thing is you need to do a little more historical fact checking before cooking up facts to support your point of view... its no better than what you claim the other side does...
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    But isn't history just word of mouth written down?

WHOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Andreas wrote: »
    There's always the possibility he got decent intel ages ago that bin laden had died years ago of kidney failure like everyone suspected and so decided to guarantee himself a re-election...

I don't see that as a possibility. I actually think it'll hurt his chance at getting re-elected. Are we pulling out of the Middle East now? No. The American people want out, and there is a big reason not to be there anymore. Does everyone believe that this actually happened? No. I mean, people still don't believe that he's even an American-born Citizen. Sure, it will affect things politically, but I have a hard time believing that Donald Trump forced Obama to pull some trick-aces from his sleeve. I mean, its Donald Trump...
    Skamberin wrote: »

WHOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Mind = Blown
  • lincolnhughes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gassing of the Kurds: 1988

iran / iraq war: 1991

The Iran / Iraq War happened after the gassing of the Kurds. What you just said doesn't make sense.
  • lincolnhughes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    woops... lol my bad. Chronological error on my part. 1980 - 1988.
  • lincolnhughes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mark Dygert:

"The US supported Saddam through the Iran/Iraq war as soon as that finished the US quickly withdrew support and left him up to his own devices. There is a lot of evidence that if the US had stuck around and helped rebuild/shape Iraq after that war he would of never invaded Kuwait, but now the US is on the hook for rebuilding Iraq... His crimes happened in the downtime he wasn't under the US's thumb. So technically not hypocrites in that particular case, just every other "valid reason" that was slung, lol.

The funny thing is you need to do a little more historical fact checking before cooking up facts to support your point of view... its no better than what you claim the other side does..."

What do I claim the other side does?

Oh and about the US support of Saddam during the gassing of the Kurds, I'm sure there's other sources than just this one, but a quick google search brought this up: http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/17/opinion/17iht-edjoost_ed3_.html

There's plenty of evidence, and I wasn't just pulling something out of my ass. They totally knew what was going on and completely supported it.
  • Mathew O
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mathew O polycounter
    Skamberin wrote: »

WHOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
    Polygoblin wrote: »
    Mind = Blown

THIS! WHOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!
  • moose
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
    Yea, I would just like to drop in and say that celebration is definitely not the American consensus, at least not that I'm seeing. As others have said before, relief is closer to what I would liken this to. Maybe closure, or a a feeling of atonement, but I haven't witnessed someone celebrating in any grander fashion than through facebook statuses.

I'm personally wary of the frenzy that could be whipped up from all of this. Super-charged emotions by all of the involved, I'm sure.

Be cool, Earth. Be cool.
  • xvampire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
    in this time i feel sad .... for superman ... especially in #900
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Andreas wrote: »
    Try not to be so offensive if it could absolutely turn out to be the truth, you'll just look like a bigger moron.

I hate reading people suggest this absurdity. First, even if this were true, how is it that NO ONE leaked the truth? Hundreds, if not thousands, of government workers would need to a) cover up the actual death of bin Laden and b) arrange this fake military action last night. In an era of Anonymous, wikipedia and 24 hour news coverage, Obama's team of criminal masterminds have hidden this great conspiracy barely two years into his first term? How could he even get his people infiltrated into the CIA and military that fast? It would take just one former Bush loyalist to leak the truth. If Obama is this amazingly crafty and devious, why didn't he rig the 2010 elections so his party didn't lose control of Congress? Why not rig it so that his budget passed unopposed?

Second, if we accept that he did this, why now? He has almost two full years left in office, and 18 months until the elections. Why use his grand conspiracy this far out when anything can happen before the next vote? The economy gets worse, another terror attack, etc - any of that happens and he loses even with the bin Ladin conspiracy. If he rigged it all up, wouldn't Obama save it right until the election, an October surprise to guarantee victory? If Obama's so smart he could mastermind this caper, why is he so dumb that he blows it too early in the race, before the other party has even picked a challenger?

Sorry for the long post, but I just can't stand seeing smart people buying in on such obviously illogical shit. People go on and on about the ineptitude of the US government in all things, except when it's a conspiracy - JFK, faked moon landing, 9/11 inside job, bin Laden. When its a conspiracy, tthe government that can't balance a budget or provide health care is suddenly run by Sun Tzu, Machiavelli and Lex Luthor. I frankly wish Obama WAS capable of faking bin Laden's death and fooling everyone, because I'd sleep damned good at night knowing the smartest criminal genius in the universe was working to keep America on top of the world.
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    tjRP1.jpg

As the saying goes, you can fool some of the people some of the time, even fool some of the people all the time. But you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

Once you understand this you're able to better weed out conspiracy theory nonsense.

Edit: I should give the photo context. The executive branch watching real time footage of the attack taking place.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne wrote: »
    Sorry for the long post, but I just can't stand seeing smart people buying in on such obviously illogical shit. People go on and on about the ineptitude of the US government in all things, except when it's a conspiracy - JFK, faked moon landing, 9/11 inside job, bin Laden. When its a conspiracy, tthe government that can't balance a budget or provide health care is suddenly run by Sun Tzu, Machiavelli and Lex Luthor. I frankly wish Obama WAS capable of faking bin Laden's death and fooling everyone, because I'd sleep damned good at night knowing the smartest criminal genius in the universe was working to keep America on top of the world.

^This.
  • Artifice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    less polisci, moar arts?
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tjRP1.jpg

As the saying goes, you can fool some of the people some of the time, even fool some of the people all the time. But you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

Once you understand this you're able to better weed out conspiracy theory nonsense.

Edit: I should give the photo context. The executive branch watching real time footage of the attack taking place.

NAH MAYNE, THEY'RE WATCHING 1 MAN 1 JAR.
    Or My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.
    Also if they do release the helmet cam footage, how long before people throw in counter-strike sounds on it?
  • CNecron518a
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am just grateful the circus of the Politically correct option was not entertained.

I am glad this evil SOB is dead. Payback. Welcome to hell UBL.
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    Swizzle wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be great if this actually changed anything at all?

Well its going to go a long way to Obama's re-election campaign! :D
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    +1 to the negative side effects of the internet. It give conspiracy theorists a platform. Combine the internet, with the knowledge of photoshop, and what it can do, and you have SUPER conspiracy. Where no proof can be considered proof.

BTW, I would have paid an assload of money to be in that room as they watched that go down. I can imagine Obama's nerves at that moment. Think about how many previous Presidents had campaigns like this, where if it went bad, it would have sank him. Then to see the helicopter having a failure, and do an emergency landing... I bet his stomach sank.
  • Jeremy Wright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    notman wrote: »
    BTW, I would have paid an assload of money to be in that room as they watched that go down. I can imagine Obama's nerves at that moment. Think about how many previous Presidents had campaigns like this, where if it went bad, it would have sank him. Then to see the helicopter having a failure, and do an emergency landing... I bet his stomach sank.

Meanwhile, Biden looks like he doesn't give a shit! It's funny, someone on /k/ pointed out that if it isn't about trains, Biden just couldn't care less.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    Glynn quoted for fbook

A Royal Wedding and Osama Bin Laden taken out.....if Carlsberg did Bank Holidays.....!!!!!

thats from a friends fbook status.. haha
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Bravo, TomDunne. I agree 100%

222010_206923159341721_100000721145032_617011_7537600_n.jpg

Everybody loves an achievement.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    my manager bought everyone at work free cookies.
    i didn't even get any.
    Go USA?
  • Geledonutt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You know it's an important meeting when Joe Biden is awake.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Geledonutt wrote: »
    You know it's an important meeting when Joe Biden is awake.

That pic was probably taken just after a loud explosion woke him up.
    Honestly, why can't that guy manage to stay awake? I hadn't looked at him in the pic before, so I didn't realize how bored he looked. It actually looks like he just looked up from texting someone.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obama: Hey Joe wanna come see a train wreck?
    Biden: FUCK YEA!
    Biden: I thought you guys said train wreck not chopper crash?
    Biden: Who's that guy with the long beard he looks familiar? WHY are they shooting him in the face! THis isn't funny!
    Obama: Sorry Joe, I guess this isn't a train wreck after all...
    Obama: Make sure to edit out that last little bit where they tea bagged him before you hand it off to Assange.
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    am I the only one who thinks that theres some crap photoshopping going on in there?
  • makecg
  • makecg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guys, Rebecca fucking Black died.

more good news !
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Tim Wise sums it up best for me. http://www.redroom.com/blog/tim-wise/killing-one-monster-unleashing-another-reflections-revenge-and-revelry

We are, if the president is serious here, a nation that has narrowly constricted its marketable talents to the deployment of violence. We can't manufacture much of anything, but we can kill you. We can't fix our schools, or build adequate levees to protect a city like New Orleans from floodwaters. But we can kill you. We can't reduce infant mortality to anywhere near the level of other industrialized nations with which we like to compare ourselves. But we can kill you. We can't break the power of Wall Street bankers, or jail any of those bankers and money managers who helped orchestrate the global financial collapse. But we can kill you. We can't protect LGBT youth from bullying in schools, or ensure equal opportunity for all in the labor market, regardless of race, gender, sexuality or any other factor. But we can kill you. Booyah, bitches.
  • mdeforge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mdeforge polycounter lvl 14
    I loved one of the comments on Gawker media about the death of Osama. It said something along the lines of, "It's amazing what get's done around here with the Playstation Network down." Lol, I can just imagine Obama.... "Well shit, I guess I better get some work done."
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne wrote: »
    walloftext

Hey, don't take it so seriously, I was just trying to shut super cow up :)