Home General Discussion

Playstation Vita

polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
So Sony showed off the successor to the PSP today, it's powerful enough to do roughly PS3 level graphics and a ton of of nice features:

OLED multi-touch screen at 960 x 544
Dual analog sticks
sixaxis controls
touchpad on back
flash memory cards for games instead of UMD
3G + b/g/n wifi + bluetooth
built in GPS
front and back cameras

5392426060_b4b93a6fa3_o.jpg
5391827373_c9efc8b021_o.jpg
sony-tokyo-event-1414.jpg

Hopefully the price + battery life is reasonable.

Replies

• acc
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    As someone who never had any interest in the PSP, ever...

This is pretty sexy.

It is huge, though.
  • haiddasalami
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    That thing is a beast. If its around 299$ (lol I wish) Sony you win.
  • Autocon
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Seems to be really impressive with a bunch of potentially awesome features.

But wasnt the problem with the original PSP for most people bringing it around with them all the time was how big it was? This thing is massive. That is what is great about the DS/3DS, its roughly the size of a smart phone which can fit in your pocket no problem. My PSP now dosnt fit in my pocket well.

I know they are boasting almost PS3 graphics on the thing and it has a slew of amazing features but if they price the thing above the 3DS it will indeed be a PSP2 which is not a good thing. This thing NEEDS to be priced at 249 to make it comparable to the 3DS. It already has the huge issue of not having glasses free 3D which is going to be a huge selling force behind the 3DS. A hand held for the same cost as a full entertainment system like the PS3 will never sell no matter how much you boast it can do almost the same thing. Look at how well the PSP did at that 300 dollar price point.

I honestly think it would be smarter for Sony to lose a ton of money by having the price equal to that of the 3DS just to build a huge install base. Make sure to support game developers and do some seriously heavy marketing. They need to come out with a fantastic opening line up of games. That will help super the initial sale of the handled and get people talking about it and playing it. Which will in turn make developers want to develop for it. They cannot come out with something boasting this type of power to only have a handful of shovel ware titles. If it is so easy to port things over then they need to find a way to get something like a Killzone, or a MGS4 on the system for launch. They need that big Sony title there day one. Not a year or two later like God of War on PSP.

Saddly even though I love Sony I know this will not be the case. Beyond Blu Ray and having the PSN for free Sony seems to have only made the wrong choices and the biggest blunders.
  • Kwramm
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    the people here in Shanghai will love it. seriously, the PSP density here on the streets is astonishing. seems like the government is handing them out or something. Although for me the PSP is just the wrong gadget. I usually look for casual and quick ways to kill time when I'm on the road. No need and no time to play AAA stuff like Uncharted on the go...
  • XenoKratios
    Offline / Send Message
    XenoKratios polycounter lvl 12
    That thing is a beast. If its around 299$ (lol I wish) Sony you win.

The OLED alone would be atleast 2x-3x that price :).

Amazing piece of hardware though, must hand it to Sony. This is already beats my PC... ahahaha

Specs taken from the official Sony blog.

CPU
    ARM® Cortex™-A9 core (4 core)

GPU
    SGX543MP4+

External Dimensions
    Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)

Screen (Touch screen)
    5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED
    Multi touch screen (capacitive type)

Rear touch pad
    Multi touch pad (capacitive type)

Cameras
    Front camera, Rear camera

Sound
    Built-in stereo speakers
    Built-in microphone

Sensors
    Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Three-axis electronic compass

Wi-Fi location service support

Keys / Switches
    PS button
    Power button
    Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)
    Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)
    Shoulder buttons (Right/Left)
    Right stick, Left stick
    START button, SELECT button
    Volume buttons (+/-)

Wireless communications
    Mobile network connectivity (3G)
    IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1×1) (Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode)
    Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)

Software Franchises shown or talked about at PlayStation Meeting 2011 (titles are not final)
    Killzone
    Uncharted
    WipEout
    LittleBigPlanet
    Call of Duty
    Resistance
    Little Deviants
    Hot Shots Golf
    Reality Fighters
    Gravity Daze
    Smart As
    Broken
    Hustle Kings
  • thatanimator
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    fuk ye

but without an umd-reader..
    what should one do with ones Monster Hunter 3 gamezzzzzzZ?
  • oXYnary
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    I'm gonna say it if not one else will.

If they would release a tablet version of this, it would kill Apples game market.
  • Entity
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    Love the size, I have large hands so the ds never was that comfortable for me to hold, let alone play with using that tiny stylus.
  • Xoliul
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    Gotta say it does appeal more to me than Nintendo's offering, and that's coming from someone who thought very different about this a few years ago.
    I do have quite a few doubts?
    PS3 quality graphics? I never really thought the PSP's games looked like PS2 quality so I'm not terribly convinced here (I neither had a PS2 or PSP so it's hard to compare). But the specs don't really sounds like it's equal..
    Those analog sticks are nice, but isn't that gonna make it even harder to store in a bag or pocket?
    Stupid Six-Axis that everyone agrees is useless on PS3? They really didn't have to include that imo.
    It's download-only right? That does sound like a smart and interesting move to me. I wonder how that will affect piracy. Hopefully there won't be any retarded limits/restrictions for certain regions/countries, like Microsoft sometimes does.
    Does it run android now? Is android gonna be the main UI then, or will you need to switch?
    And yeah, ...price. Could get pretty scary.
  • XenoKratios
    Offline / Send Message
    XenoKratios polycounter lvl 12
    It seems like they put the best of the best in this thing, the price could be gigantic! Although I'm not sure what the price of OLED is now, 2-3 years ago an OLED, that size, would be around $1k-1.5k, so this thing could be for the wealthy only.

That SONY OLED TV they made was 11 inches and cost you $2500, but the image was unbelievable!
  • Andreas
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    I hate to be negative about newly released hardware, especially before I've played it or seen everything it has to offer, but here's my 2c.

It's not as pretty as it should be. I think its pretty clear that both Nintendo and Sony are releasing ugly versions early on deliberately so they can then sell a second prettier slimmer more efficient unit to early adopters a year or two down the line. I do really want to see what Killzone looks like on it though...but I can definitely see myself waiting for the 2nd gen of both handhelds.
  • Entity
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul wrote: »
    Gotta say it does appeal more to me than Nintendo's offering, and that's coming from someone who thought very different about this a few years ago.
    I do have quite a few doubts?
    PS3 quality graphics? I never really thought the PSP's games looked like PS2 quality so I'm not terribly convinced here (I neither had a PS2 or PSP so it's hard to compare). But the specs don't really sounds like it's equal..
    Those analog sticks are nice, but isn't that gonna make it even harder to store in a bag or pocket?
    Stupid Six-Axis that everyone agrees is useless on PS3? They really didn't have to include that imo.
    It's download-only right? That does sound like a smart and interesting move to me. I wonder how that will affect piracy. Hopefully there won't be any retarded limits/restrictions for certain regions/countries, like Microsoft sometimes does.
    Does it run android now? Is android gonna be the main UI then, or will you need to switch?
    And yeah, ...price. Could get pretty scary.

PS3 quality graphics shouldn't be that far off. The quad-core processor does pack in a lot of juice, and running something at a smaller resolution and on a much smaller screen does take some of the burden off the gpu. I would also assume that coding for this would be a lot easier than the PS3.

Six-Axis motion sensor thingy was pretty stupid for separate controllers, but just look at the amount of games on iOS and Android phones utilizing the built in gyroscope. The experience feels alot better when the screen and controls are part of the same object.

Dual Analogs - Lets face it, even the original PSP wasn't something you'd be able to put in your pocket comfortably. A lot of people complained about having only 1 analog stick, so this is a step up if you ask me. Would certainly make platform games a whole lot easier :P
  • eld
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Entity wrote: »
    PS3 quality graphics shouldn't be that far off. The quad-core processor does pack in a lot of juice, and running something at a smaller resolution and on a much smaller screen does take some of the burden off the gpu. I would also assume that coding for this would be a lot easier than the PS3.

Six-Axis motion sensor thingy was pretty stupid for separate controllers, but just look at the amount of games on iOS and Android phones utilizing the built in gyroscope. The experience feels alot better when the screen and controls are part of the same object.

Dual Analogs - Lets face it, even the original PSP wasn't something you'd be able to put in your pocket comfortably. A lot of people complained about having only 1 analog stick, so this is a step up if you ask me. Would certainly make platform games a whole lot easier :P

Except no matter how strong the cpu is, it's the gpu that will dictate what's being rendered.

edit: oh, you meant the gpu, and it actually has four cores too, what is this madness.

I don't doubt the gpu is quite powerful though, but that's another thing, it'll be more expensive to develop games for the NGP compared to 3ds (if you want to stay visually competitive) and capcom aren't that big fans of updating the graphics on their monster hunter series, as they even switched from ps3 to wii with monster hunter tri.
  • Entity
    Offline / Send Message
    True, but then again that has always been the DS's forte. But this might be another reason why they're pushing the social networking/3g/android thing. We might see more casual games in the future, stuff that you normally see on phones or facebook.

Who knows, they might even launch their own app store similar to what Apple's doing. So devs can either go the hardcore route, or the indie one.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot about PSN. So yeah we might see games distributed through that :)
  • Joao Sapiro
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    this is why i only buy these handhelds when they are with the "lite" model and with a whole load of games to choose from XD too many questions right now for me to make a decision between this and the 3DS hehe
  • eld
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Johny wrote: »
    this is why i only buy these handhelds when they are with the "lite" model and with a whole load of games to choose from XD too many questions right now for me to make a decision between this and the 3DS hehe

But that's how it goes, the first ds design was based on the much praised GBA sp, but then the whole apple aesthetic came into fashion.

There's always something better if you can wait a year or two.
  • Entity
    Offline / Send Message
    Gotta say that the prototype 3DS looked extremely good. The new one..ehh
  • Jeff Parrott
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    The PSP had console quality graphics (compared to PS2 games) and that was really cool for a few years. Then the home console tech advanced and the PSP was left looking like last gen. This seems like a repeat of that. Like other people said if they price it above the 3DS (which they will cause it's a more advanced experience they'll say) it is going to be hard to compete. Plus the iPad2 and iPhone4GS hasn't even been announced yet and all 3 of those devices will beat the NGP to the market.
  • Rapante
    Offline / Send Message
    Rapante polygon
    battery life is rumoured to be between 4-5h

source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-27-sony-ngp-battery-life-good-solid

and kotaku just posted a better uncharted shot, looks great!

ash1.jpg
  • Xoliul
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    Those are most clearly not PS3 level graphics. Not that it looks bad though.
  • HonkyPunch
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Not ps3 level but still a hell of a lot better than the psp and i'm sure it can handle some pretty fucking hot shit.
    also, I sold my DS for a psp and I must say, it was one of my better choices, in my opinion. I managed to squeeze 400+ hours of gameplay out of that, probably more, mostly between Disgaea 2 and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, with a few other games thrown in for good measure.
    I'm just hoping Square and Capcom keep up the wonderful quality of games they've been releasing for PSP.
  • Entity
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like the first Uncharted, which is not bad at all :D

I've got a Samsung phone that has an AMOLED screen, the Galaxy S. It's a thing of beauty, especially when you compare it to the Iphone's screen. I'm hoping the one on the PSP2 is just as good :)
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Err, bear in mind that this is a ways off and that Uncharted is probably NOT a final product. I'm sure it will look better when it's done.

The specs are impressive, but my current PSP collects dust as it is. Perhaps better games, visuals and breadth of titles will make me change my mind about the PSP2, but I'll have to see and test it before I can make any judgement calls.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    The biggest thing is that mobile gaming has mutated from where it was 4 or more years ago. The iPhone and Android mobile devices is really driving this. It will be interesting to see how the 3DS and the PSP do. When the PS4/Xbox720 come out the PSP2 is going to look dated just like the PSP did and consumers might not be that interested in it.

That said the visuals so far and the hardware look great for a mobile system. Seems like it's not as much of a slam dunk as the 3DS is going to be though or a new iPad.
  • Entity
    Offline / Send Message
    Speaking of next gen consoles, when ARE they coming out? From what I've read they're still a long way off :/

But i'm not too worried about the graphics coming out of the PSP2 looking outdated when they do arrive. Pixel shaders was probably the number 1 reason why the PS2 -> PS3 had such a big jump in graphical fidelity.
  • Richard Kain
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    This is a pretty sexy piece of kit. The exterior is the same sleek design that we've come to expect from Sony. No problems there. The hardware specs are off the hook for a portable device. The feature list is not just impressive, it's overwhelming.

Of course, this leads us to the problem, the elephant in the room. This thing is going to be very expensive. It's clear that Sony is intending to target this device at the same crowd that is buying iPads. I'm thinking that it will probably launch at no less than $400. Yes, it is going to be like a next-gen console in your pocket, but you are also going to end up paying next-gen console prices for it. There is ample justification for a steep price, they're packing a lot of power and capability into a little package. But a lot of people balked at the 3DS's $250 price tag, and I guarantee that the NGP is going to be considerably more expensive.

One of the saving graces of the NGP is its proprietary flash-card cartridges. After the disaster of the UMD, Sony has actually decided to fall back on a new implementation of an old approach. Proprietary flash-memory based cartridges will give Sony more options for security. Specifically, they will be able to move a lot of their anti-piracy measures over to their new cartridge format, and even tweak security on a per-game level. This should allow them to avoid the fate of the original PSP, and will likely be very attractive to developers. The constantly dropping price of flash memory will also work in their favor. And of course, there is the fact that solid-state memory is in general much better for portable games. (less power consumption, no moving parts, etc...)

A big part of this device's success or failure is going to hinge on its marketing, and whether or not Sony can find an audience for it. With the global economic depression still in force, I can't help but wonder how well they will be able to sell this thing. There's also the issue of its 3G connectivity, and how they are going to handle that outside of Japan. Is the NGP going to have a SIM card slot? Will it be possible to use it as a phone? If not, how many carriers are going to support it?
  • Rapante
    Offline / Send Message
    Rapante polygon
    Speaking of next gen consoles, when ARE they coming out? From what I've read they're still a long way off :/

my guess is not in the next 3 years... between 2014-15 seems reasonable to me. most major devs think alike.
  • Jason Young
    Offline / Send Message
    Jason Young polycounter lvl 14
    Looks pretty sweet, but I'm not sure this is what Sony needs to gain relevance in the handheld market. I actually don't mind the form factor, but it does seem like Sony is taking the same approach they took with the ps3, which is to cram as much in as possible.

I certainly don't want to buy the same game twice, so even though uncharted is an "original" game for this system, I probably wouldn't pick it up. I buy games for the DS that I can't get on the consoles.
  • eld
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    As much as I enjoy this new hardware, and big plus to double sticks, it does feel like they're repeating the same mistake as last time.

And now that the 3ds is powerful enough to handle any kind of game experience, why would the top psp sellers choose the NGP as a platform, that's what worries me the most. (with the previous monster hunter comment I made)
  • Entity
  • Mark Dygert
    >KNOCK< >KNOCK<
    Delivery Guy: I have a package for you.
    Steve Jobs: I'm too sick to come to the door right now can you open it and tell me what's inside?
    Delivery Guy: Oh umm nothing but a note...
    Steve Jobs: What does it say?
    Delivery Guy: It says:
    "We divided up the hand held market and this is whats left of your share"
    P.S. "We didn't give anything to MS either.
    "

"Love, Sony and the big N."
    Steven Jobs: Oh I don't care about those guys. I only care what GOOGLE is doing, do you happen to know what they're up to?
    Delivery Guy: Can I go now? It smells like someone farted in the box...

Here are my concerns:

Touch screen in the rear.
    Kind of weird, could be cool. one of the problems with touch on the screen is seeing exactly where your touching. Even with dainty fingers they still get in the way. So on a hand held it MIGHT be a good idea to touch a different surface than what you're viewing... maybe... or I might end up dropping the thing as I diddle its undercarriage.

It's sad that both sides aren't touch enabled.

Battery life is short, and the case is sealed like an iphone, so once the battery starts to go, there is no replacing just the battery. With such a short battery life its going to be constantly recharged and start to shorten the battery that much faster.

Clearly we need nuclear powered hand held devices... clearly.

Scratching the screen and abusing the buttons.

Its size. I don't need to replace my PS3 with a slightly smaller version I carry around in a separate man-bag. I would rather have something that fits in my pocket and can survive a jog around the block with my keys.
  • Frump
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    This is a cool device but what it's going to come down to for me is the games. When the 3ds was announced they already had a ton of titles lined up. Right now Sony has Uncharted? Well, that's one.

PS3 and PSP both suffer from not having enough great games and it seems like these portables will have no chance for multi-platform. It's a while until launch hopefully they can announce some more good titles.
  • Richard Kain
    Offline / Send Message

Actually, both sides ARE touch enabled. The NGP has a regular touch-screen on the front, and a multi-touch interface/pad on the back. I was surprised that Sony went this route. I was also expecting one or the other, and never anticipated that they would have the balls to do both. Although it may seem extraneous at first, it will definitely open up some interesting possibilities for development.

I'm feeling you on the size, though. It's going to be even bigger than the original PSP, and that system already had portability issues! And although I appreciate that the analog sticks look much better than the nubbin, they won't improve the portability of the system either. It seems that in terms of portable convenience, the NGP will once again lag behind the competition. I am again forced to think that Sony wants to target the iPad crowd with this device.
  • eld
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18

I think both the screen and the back are touch enabled, he even does touchy stuff on the screen in the youtube video.
  • Rico
    What sold me is the 2 thumbsticks, lol.

This thing looks awesome!

I'm not sure if this link was posted yet, but there's a couple of gampelay vids on the bottom

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/27/the-sony-psp2/
  • odium
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    The actual console design, regardless of the rest, is stunning, and even though Sony piss me off, I have to take my hat off to them... That is one sexy bit of kit.

The specs, what it does, the games etc, they all look good.

The only issue is this has made me see just how poor the 3ds console design really is :(
  • Slum
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    To me, PSP has always been the Game Gear of this generation. The big, clunky, black handheld with fewer games to choose from, and (when I was a kid anyway) fewer people to trade games with :P Theoretically more powerful than the nintendo counterpart, but still not quite appealing.

That's not to say its somehow bad, just that I can't bring myself to be interested. Maybe that can change?

Another issue is that handheld != portable. Who wants to carry around another big device in their pocket when they already have a fairly capable iphone. Its just not as spatially efficient.
  • Entity
    Offline / Send Message
    But the game gear was much more awesome, you could watch tv on it!

The only thing that's keeping my PSP alive is Street Fighter and Monkey Island.
  • Cojax
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    People still use the PSP? This seems technically impressive but not appealing at all to me.
  • Richard Kain
    Offline / Send Message
    odium wrote: »
    and even though Sony piss me off, I have to take my hat off to them...(

Sony used to piss me off. I always felt that their first two consoles were under-designed, with paltry feature sets and clunky interfaces. And even though I knew the 3rd part support was what really cemented their success, I thought that their success in the game industry was due more to luck than skill. In hindsight, I was probably right.

But since acquiring a PS3, I have actually warmed up to Sony considerably. It almost feels to me like they've switched places with Microsoft since the PS2/XBox. The XBox had better performance and much better features than the PS2. With the current generation, the 360 feels much more constrained to me, while I can do almost anything I want with my PS3. The 360's hardware has suffered severely from production issues, while the PS3 has been consistently more solid, and less prone to hardware failure.

I have an original model 1000 PSP, and have gotten plenty of use out of it. After the PS3, I am considerably more confident in Sony's ability to create feature-rich, flexible entertainment devices. As far as I am concerned, the stability and utility of the NGP aren't in question. A portable extension of the engineering behind the PS3 will result in a kick-ass multimedia device. The issue I see is whether or not Sony will be able to market it effectively, and whether or not there is even an audience to market it to.

But then, I said the exact same thing about the iPad...
  • xvampire
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14

\i approve ! :)!!
    amazing!,
    graphic - check
    phisical control - check
    screen control - check

true portable gaming device, in my opinion.
  • Noodle!
    Offline / Send Message
    Noodle! polycounter lvl 8
    Cojax wrote: »
    People still use the PSP? This seems technically impressive but not appealing at all to me.
    I do, it has a lot of great games, and I also run emulators on it.
    The amount of games doesn't really concern me as much on a console as the quality of the games that do get released. If only 2-3 good games per year are released, that's well enough for me.

I'm hoping the thumbsticks are good on this new version though, hated the thumbstick on the psp.
  • Richard Kain
    Offline / Send Message
    Noodle! wrote: »
    The amount of games doesn't really concern me as much on a console as the quality of the games that do get released. If only 2-3 good games per year are released, that's well enough for me.

This is a valid trend that is becoming more prevalent as time goes by. A lot of older gamers find themselves with less time available for playing games. As such most of them would be fine with just having a few high-quality games released each year than a glut of middle-of-the-road options. And lets face it, little kids and teenagers are NOT going to be the initial market for the NGP. It's going to be pricey, and it is filled to brimming with technology. The first people who will get the NGP are going to be young-adult to middle-age males with jobs. It's clearly a plaything for people with more money and less time.
  • eld
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Noodle! wrote: »
    I do, it has a lot of great games, and I also run emulators on it.

I'm hoping the thumbsticks are good on this new version though, hated the thumbstick on the psp.

As much as the emulation is superb on the psp, it never was a part of sony's featureset, it certainly won't be on the NGP.

They're into selling games, not giving you open hardware :P
  • bounchfx
    looks really cool, and I'm interested, but most likely won't pick it up for a while, depending on what games are available. right now I am most definitely not interested in spending $400 to play games I have at home.
  • eld
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Tyler wrote: »
    People still use the DS? This seems technically unimpressive but not appealing at all to me.

This hardware is amazing. It's a shame it probably won't sell well due to Nintendo's hand-held monopoly. I'd love Sony to come out and say, "oh, and it does REAL 3D too".

The market has always been dominated by the cheaper hardware.
  • arshlevon
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    one of my favorite features is that it runs on android, and you can play all android games from the marketplace, thats pretty awesome, not to mention that if you develop a android game you are also get the psp2 port for free. also heard it ran a scene from MGS4 at 20 frames a sec, so not ps3 level, but not too far off.
  • thomasp
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    this thing together with the 3DS might be interesting to revive the middle tier development scene a bit and create replacement jobs for those lost in recent culls. certainly looks like you can do nice enough stuff on these new handhelds now that require experienced teams and good tech.

question is if there's a viable business model to develop games for it and a market left outside the hardcore circles - or if apple & co will just eat them alive.
  • PolyHertz
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Xoliul wrote: »

Nope, actually games will be on flash cards (no UMD), but all titles will also be available for download from what I heard. They don't want another PSPgo type situation.
    It does have a completely new interface replacing XMB. The Android stuff is part of the Playstation Suit Framework which is for bringing PS1 titles to android (and maybe psp1? not really sure on that).
  • Richard Kain
    Offline / Send Message
    I am betting that Sony will use their new proprietary flash memory cartridges to lock game saves to the cartridges themselves.