Home Contests & Challenges Archives Low Poly Challenge

TRON - PLAYER - RLPudding

yay, finally registered in here. i just waited for the new challenge to begin.
ok, i'm not good and i just started working with blender. but this is what i got by now
tronwip1.png

it's not finished and i'm already over the tri's limit. but i'm learning and working :)

what i want to do is something like an ice skater. here some ref's i did for myself

tronklein.jpgtronklein.th.jpgtron2klein.th.jpg

crits and suggestions are welcome.
i do hope i finish this!
5ntronwip1p

Replies

• RLPudding
    update, yay!

redid the model, and i also got inspired by duncan frasers model.
    tron4prev.png
    i do have to work in the joints, so i can move it around.
    i'm currently at 1012 tris, will figur out where to do some work.
    here is the current uv layout:
    tron42tex.png

i dont yet have textures, but i'll try to stick somewhat similar to the design of the game tron2.0

crits and comments are welcome.
  • MattQ86
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 14
    You could easily get rid of some of the tris on the bottom of the foot and the hand and spend them on the helmet.
  • RLPudding
    it probably looks crappy, but i'm kinda proud.
    i managed to model a face and put it in. i'm also in the tris count, YAY!

dunno yet how transparent the visor will be, but not very...
    tron5prev2.png
  • Snader
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    The disk sticks out quite badly as being lowpoly. I think you could sacrifice a loop on the shoes and make it maybe 10-12 sided.
  • RLPudding
    Snader wrote: »
    The disk sticks out quite badly as being lowpoly. I think you could sacrifice a loop on the shoes and make it maybe 10-12 sided.

yeah, that's sth i thought about while texturing the disk. i want to have the design of the tron2.0 disk, which requires a more rounded shape. i think i'm at 1018 tris right now... so i have a small buffer.
    here is a little progress on the texturing.
    tron5pretext.png

i'm also wondering, should i convert my figur in tris before teturing? i mean, i'm working with quads now, but i'm under the tris limit.

tron5.png

crits always welcome
  • renderhjs
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    The disc looks like Link's shield with the triforce in it. The legs and arms look very stiff like a dead mummy. Imo. its better to model them with some more relaxed natural pose, bend the arms slightly, same for the legs. Body parts have no perfect linear flows, instead there is always a swing or curve in them.
    Obviously if you use tools such as extrude, shift or extend things become very straight. Its patterns like that that make it look very technical and less natural. So after extruding and pushing the rough shape you always need to push vertices around, make them obey natural rules.
  • RLPudding
    i know the challenge is already over for 4month, but i felt bad for not finishing.
    so i put in some more work and this is how far i'm now

thumbfront.jpg

thumbback.jpg

thumbpos1.jpg

thumbpos2.jpg

here is a flyaround
    http://vimeo.com/21989531
  • exhatrent
    Hey there,just wondering what others thought of TRON and TRON Legacy they are in my opinion great films TRON Legacy is now my favorite film I loved it .So what did you think of them??
  • Charlottje
    What's your tri count? I'm sure you could use all those extra tris to put some more shape into the arms and legs.
    His head also looks quite big for his body.