Home General Discussion

Monster Hunter 3 tri

Replies

• Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Not too bad. Just going to have to go back and scrounge more underwater. There are a couple other things that drop off of monsters that you can trade for resources, though they are also needed for weapon/armor crafting.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    I'm kinda bum it's taking so long to get better parts for my bowgun. I'm up to Rathian/Baggi/Gobul quests and no upgrades from any of them.
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    Hahah you guys sound like you are having so much fun!
  • Junkie_XL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Junkie_XL polycounter lvl 14
    nitzmoff wrote: »
    PSO is my all time favorite game and Tri is really scratching that itch. It lacks the ease of getting online with random folks, but the gameplay and 'feeling' I get from it reminds me very much of PSO.

That's cool. I enjoyed PSO as well. Once I get settled down in my new location I think I'll check this out. As Anux said, you guys do sound like you're having a lot of fun with it. :) :thumbup:
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Anux, i may take back my "lances are stupid" comment. Was playing yesterday and watched someone use one, and i may be sold on them. he rocked shop!

I switched to a switch axe, those things are brutal!

made a new char am HR9! my info is:

name: Little
    ID: KEZFPE
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    I finally got into it after i realized the fucking wiimote angle matters for attacks. I couldnt figure out what the shit i needed to do to shield stun. Once I moved to the classic controller...goddamnit this game is a problem. NEED TO STAB MORE WYVERNS AHHH
  • cw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cw polycounter lvl 17
    killed the big sponge thing today - hooray! With a pointy stick of all things. Came close to losing it though - very nailbiting stuff. Good fun!
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    moose wrote: »

made a new char am HR9! my info is:

That explains why I couldn't find you online all weekend, haha

Made it to hr8 online over the weekend. Got to kill lagi so I can edit my armor color!
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone else want to share their code? It sucks that you can only add folks when they're actually online, it's a real pain.

Also, thanks to xeno for babysitting my friend and I as we bumbled through our first few rath fights. We were completely terrible.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol. Totally needed a 4th man for Rathian. Just weren't able to aggro-shift enough to get her all damaged up. :\
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cmon xeno! should be able to solo her no worries ;)

I'll be up and running as soon as my wii USA ac adapters get delivered.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    must play mooorreeeeeeeeee

Im through Rathlos in single player, Diablos is mean :( Need more Multi though, was doing great on Ian the other day, and some chach-face ended the hunt via a subquest (sigh) for some reason.

Getting super powered though, but im still HR14! :( mooreee!!!
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hazardous polycounter lvl 12
    Moose, You better not be burnt out before Anuxi and I arrive on the scene!!!!
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    im only on 2* online (hr15)!! i cant get burnt out yet, lol... so many other missions left to do!

will be fun to play with you guys :)
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I should have brought my Wii with me. I could be playing right now. I'm going to be so behind by this weekend.
    HR 27
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i dont even know what hr X means. =(
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hunter Rank
    Basically your player level (points towards each rank are only gained through online quests). Though your stats do not increase, your access to more difficult quests, better drops and better gear increases. I don't think there is any hard limit to your HR rank, though. Every ~9 levels you are capped and have to complete an 'Urgent Quest' to progress to the next level and quest tier (must be unlocked by completing a certain number of quests).

So, I guess the max HR that has any effect on how complete your end game access is ~50.
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    I've been reminded this entire week why I also absolutely hate this game.
    I swear, I think it keeps tabs of how many times you look at a particular piece of armor and intentionally holds out giving you the rare ingredient for it.

After 21 Rathian kills/captures I finally got my Rathian Plate to make her armor set. And to rub it in, the game gave my one buddy TWO plates. In his first Rathian run. And he hardly did any of the work! lolololol
    Now I gotta farm for Lagiacrus horns to get the rest of his set. Then I can work towards grabbing the weaps.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm... sounds like someone isn't snuggling with their pig enough. ¬_¬
    1c47aa6ab974de73ace7d62fc54802a2.jpg

Who's down for huntin monsters Saturday evening? Let's get it on-line!
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Is there any kind of trade system in this game?
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You can trade any items that are < Rarity 3. No trading of Weapons or Armor.
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We had to buy a new wii (go figure, wii's are region specific) and now that its all working we started playing last night :D

Did you guys do the organised hunt on saturday?
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL wrote: »
    I've been reminded this entire week why I also absolutely hate this game.
    I swear, I think it keeps tabs of how many times you look at a particular piece of armor and intentionally holds out giving you the rare ingredient for it.

After 21 Rathian kills/captures I finally got my Rathian Plate to make her armor set. And to rub it in, the game gave my one buddy TWO plates. In his first Rathian run. And he hardly did any of the work! lolololol
    Now I gotta farm for Lagiacrus horns to get the rest of his set. Then I can work towards grabbing the weaps.

I'm HR. 33 and have been forcing my friends to help me hunt baggis in the 2* quests for the Leader's Crest... the thing is that it's a pretty common drop, and after 8 tries I've only been able to get one, and everyone else gets the drop at least 80% of the runs. WTF Monster Hunter?
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Anyone want to play tonight (monday)? Will be on late-ish, want to do some rathian huntin and trappin, and some other magic thrown in thar!

• Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll be online starting at 8 tonight. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Anyone want to buy a practically never-used copy of the game? I played singleplayer for a couple hours and while it seems cool, I can tell i'll probably never play it. It's been sitting in the box since the day it came out. With other awesome games coming out soon, It's just going to sit and collect dust.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    sorry xeno, i fail, late night & getting up early tomorrow :( will be on one of these nights i swear :(
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    I've finally got the Great Jaggi hunt available to me, as well as the ** quest lines. (Yeah, I don't get too many opportunities to play). But I'm having a blast with the game nonetheless. Will take my toon online as soon as I take out the great jaggi on my own, (the first time). I assume that quest is available online as often as you like...so if you want to repeat the quest, you can?
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any godly hunters want to help a poor soul kill lagi? I'm only hr 15 so you would have to take the quest and then I can join. I really want that symbol color change option! Also, lagi gear is sweet and I wouldn't mind having that too. I can't seem to beat the guy in single player...
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    it took me a while too nick, have you tried the lance? it turned into easy mode for me with the lance. Had to grind some and get a good enough one (barroth line), but from there it just took a while (30+min)
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm a gunner so investing in melee would take some time to both learn the weapon and afford the mats to make a whole new armor set.

In the water I should have the greatest advantage with no Z worries like melee folks, but he gets me every time. So much easier to fight the guy on land.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll be on tonight, for a little bit. (gotta get up early for doctors appt)

Leather Armor and Bone Armor have good Lightning resistance, and don't have any real hard mats to come by. (Leather Armor can be bought outright, as well)

If you still wan't to work him over with your gun, you just gotta be prepared. It's going to take a long time to wear him down solo. Multiplayer should be cake as long as you know when he's got his eye on you, or when he's pissed off.

Farm up so you have a full backpack:
    Potions, Mega Potions, Herbs, Blue Shrooms, Honey, Combo Books 1 & maybe 2
    Sushifish also heals
    Flash bombs, Shock Trap + mats to make another
    L & S Bombs for when he's trapped
    Farcaster (for emergency or restocking)
    Might & Adamant Seeds (or if you have better)
    Stormsender Seeds (if you can access the Tundra)

As for ammo, Pierce, Para and Flaming shot are your best bets. Sub shot will be handy for sure since you'll be submerged most of the time. Crag n Cluster is just too expensive to be worth while.

And just focus on his chest and head neck area. Will do the most damage to him, and you should be less concerned with cutting tails, breaking areas at this first encounter.

I wish playing a gunner wasn't so expensive.
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think to get the colour change, you need to beat the offline Lagi Urgent quest. Well thats what it was like in the psp versions.

Hahah moose has felt the power of the lance :D

I just beat the Royal Ludroth. Hopefully I can catch up to you moose and xeno by the weekend.

Anyone use wii speak online?
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xeno - I love my crag shot no matter how expensive it is. The new barrel I bought rapid fires it so it offsets the cost greatly.

Anux - I don't have wiispeak. We've been using skype. But lots of times it's keyboard only for casual play. Looking forward to you joining up, always great to have another.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anux- had it plugged in till I realized that chat is restricted unless your both friended. So have keyboard plugged in now. Use Skype now with my netbook (Xenobond), so if I'm on there it means I'm online, or at least playing.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Good god, i've plugged over 100 hours into the Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for the psp, usually while playing with a friend of mine. It's ridiculous, and we're not even to the upper tiers yet. Seriously..
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond wrote: »
    Anux- had it plugged in till I realized that chat is restricted unless your both friended. So have keyboard plugged in now. Use Skype now with my netbook (Xenobond), so if I'm on there it means I'm online, or at least playing.

Aww I got wii speak. :< I'll just have to friend you guys, install skype and do some funky jig.

Our wireless is now active so Hazardous and I can play online now.

My characters name is Almalexi if that helps.
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hazardous polycounter lvl 12
    HonkyPunch wrote: »
    Good god, i've plugged over 100 hours into the Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for the psp

Im not sure whether to be proud of my 450 hours + of MHFU and my 300 + hours of MH 1 on the PS2 !!

Ohhhh i was there when Sony closed the online servers for Monster Hunter 1 Online.... *tear* We were fighting a Lao... I just needed a couple more Lao Plates to finish off my ultimate armour.... ahhh those where the days!!!

Anyhoo... Im miles behind, lucky to get 2 - 3 hours a night - while anux is at home playing ALLLLL DAY LONG!!!!!! I'll do my best to catch up.. GS user ALLLLLL the way for me :D
  • EMC3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EMC3D polycounter lvl 14
    Gonna hop in and say awesome game indeed.

I'm in Europe, currently HR11, if anyone wants to play whenever my username on it is Bear.

Do want HR 31 :<
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh man, I did the queropeko (whatever his name is) and got to see my first rathian!

God damm they made her look soo much better! The texture and her new animations! Thats how a rathian should be! What a level up.

I managed to kill her too with that ludroth water spear.

This game is really good. Reminds me of MH1 but better :3
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got my complete lagi set, woo! That darn plate was pretty rare...
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff wrote: »
    Got my complete lagi set, woo! That darn plate was pretty rare...

...wait till you try searching for a Rathalos Plate. 2% drop rate...really??
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK wrote: »
    ...wait till you try searching for a Rathalos Plate. 2% drop rate...really??

hahah yeah. Troy got a rathian plate on his second rathian. I was like WHAAATTT? Gotta be some kind of HAX!

I've made it to HR18. The only real monster that has really given me a run for my money is Barioth. He managed take a life from me when I did him the first time. He is really tough. I need to kill him at least 3 more times too to get enough tails and claws for my weapon :(
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I recently found the "Recruiting" servers... those things are like 20000000x times better than the Open servers omg!!!

Damn that Los Plate... I've killed Rathlos about 200 times now, no plates :( need my damn sword upgraded and gloves! nooooooo :( I went from taking 45 minutes to kill him, to 15 though, so yay. Also had an [advanced] quest, which i later learned is the 4* urgent for a Los and & Ian kill. That was so much fun! I cant wait to get to the higher things :) Jhen Moran looks BONKERS. Gave up last night with Los plates and helped someone farm Peco about 12 times, fun!

hit HR20 last night by squeaking by with consolation points, from someone dying on a Diablos capture 3 times in a row :(

I'm going to try to be on a little earlier tonight, get some more of those 3*s down!
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    If you can... do the mini-uragaan quest. Just hammer his face. Just have your entire group take turns doing level 3 hammers on him. lol
    It's the easiest and fastest way to get the loot for his complete set. And on top of that, the quest has a nearly guaranteed charm and rustshard loot.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Mini Uragaan is adorable. Hes a bundle of snuggly nubby bits.
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You guys are so far ahead of me. Man. I can't sit down and play long enough to feel like im progressing even. That jerk ass angler fish thing is giving me guff in sp and mp feels really whack with pickup groups.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Sorry for the necro, but I need some advice on this game.

Long story short, I recently discovered the amazingness that is the Monster Hunter Franchise after I finally got round to playing MHFU on my PSP which has been sitting unplayed for a long time. I'm hooked, I have literally been playing it every second I get spare. Never has a game had me this addicted for as long as I can remember!

So now I found this Wii version and the idea of playing MH on a console is very appealing, but I don't own a Wii.

Basically what I'm asking is; is it worth buying a Wii for this game? There may be other games I'd like to check out on Wii too, but nothing has actually inspired me to buy a console like this.

So if anyone is still playing it, or played it enough to comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    I own it for the Wii - if you're going to play it on the Wii, get a classic controller - because the regular wii remote system sucks. Classic controller is much better.

It's a great game, but is it worth buying a Wii for?

Probably...no. No I'd say definitely not for that one game.