Home General Discussion

Monster Hunter 3 tri

Replies

• EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    MHtri is the one that hooked me to the MH series, I have 120 hours in the game on the Wii, but I must say the game is much cooler when you play with 3 buddies online (main reason I got 120 hours invested in it). SP I haven't even completed. maybe I am not a sp guy.
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    I spent a good 500 + hours playing MH3 so I'd say it's worth it. I don't play anymore cause I literally have everything and it's now become the "Do stuff over and over for nothing stage."

That and my Wii looks like it is dying. Whenever I go to the snow level the framerate spazzes all over the place when I look at a certain direction and lines appear and shit. Weird stuff. But I digress, I don't think one game is ever worth a console but I hear Wii's are cheap now.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Version came out for the PS3 in Japan, hopefully it will make it's way to the US.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Well, looks like I made my mind up already. Just found a local supermarket had the game and classic controller pack lying around in the stock room and I got it for £20! Also, I remembered I wanted to check out Xenoblade too, so that was another factor.
    Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Version came out for the PS3 in Japan, hopefully it will make it's way to the US.

Oh man, I just saw this, I'm so hoping they do the whole HD thing in the US/EU as well, I get why they don't localise all their PSP games so often, but to miss out on the HD classics would be a real shame.
  • EiGHT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EiGHT polycounter lvl 10
    If HD makes it here to the U.S, I swear to the fountains in Central Park im hunting Devil Jhos until they go extinct!

*Outburst much*
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    F*ck the Jho's. So much rage!
  • NuZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've logged a good number of hours on this game (200+ easy), the only reason why I had touched my Wii after a 2 years. Even ending up taking a 6 month hiatus from the game itself. I think it is definitely one of the more solid Wii titles on top of the fact it is for all intents and purposes, a solid MH game.

If it is still worth it at this point? Can't be sure. Just be on the lookout for the event missions that yield the skill boosting items. As much as I wanted to hate Alatreon (I sleep bomb him exclusively), the Jho's know my hate for them much, much more.
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hazardous polycounter lvl 12
    I get happy seeing the monster hunter thread get necro'd I know im going to be playing it again very soon.

Man I remember back in the days of MH1 on the PS2 taking on Fatty with my buddies online... *tear* Or having headlocking races in WOLAS, me using Eternal Annihilator versus a filthy black Dragon Spear user!!!! damn lancer n00bs! Yeah that's right bitches!!!
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Ah man these terms that I don't understand get me all excited, this game is pure crack.

I need to get that Wii ASAP. For now, there's a monoblos who has a date with my Iron Striker+ (yeah I'm not very far in).
  • EiGHT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EiGHT polycounter lvl 10
    Habboi - DJ is so fun to spank on though!!

Hazardous - Or when a pissed off Rathalos was the scariest shit you've ever seen in your whole life.

TeeJay - Cmon MAN GET IT!Come and join the kewl kids.Though the one for the psp is better in my opinion and free.......if you do it right lol.
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hazardous polycounter lvl 12
    EiGHT wrote: »

TeeJay - Cmon MAN GET IT!Come and join the kewl kids.Though the one for the psp is better in my opinion and free.......if you do it right lol.

Yeah this is true, been playing monster hunter 3rd for psp since december first ( jap version ) Online its....... just so good!! Wife and I hunt every night together before sleepy time.
  • EiGHT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EiGHT polycounter lvl 10
    Hazardous wrote: »
    Yeah this is true, been playing monster hunter 3rd for psp since december first ( jap version ) Online its....... just so good!! Wife and I hunt every night together before
    sleepy time.

Every other day man im on.With the use of PS3's Adhoc system/game/software/whatever.Speaking of that, I'm thinking about making a PS3/XBOX360 gamer tags thread.It would be nice way to bring the Polycount community closerrrr together than we already are don't ya think???

Also Haz,whenever your ready im game to hunt whatever is on the menu.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I imported mhp3, and am importing the hd ps3 version :) have about 300 hrs logged so far haha. And haz, damn straight f lances! LS, DS, and SA all the way!

Djo is much easier in mhp3, have been soloing the entire time (have alatreon, Ukanlos, and Akantor left). It feels a little easier or more forgiving overall... But some of the hr6 and download quests are fuckin insane. The new psp version takes a lot of the accessibility improvements from the wii version and takes them further. It is the only game I've been playing for a while now, i love this fucking game :)

Read an article recently that suggested a vita release of mhp3 and the hd ps3 version! Hopefully that's true!!!
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    moose wrote: »
    I imported mhp3, and am importing the hd ps3 version :) have about 300 hrs logged so far haha.

I was thinking of doing this, but I didn't know how much the language barrier might be an issue. How playable is it without any ability to read Hiragana/Katakana/Kanji?
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    I started playing again the other night, trying to finish up my SP content on MHP3rd while I wait for Haz to finish Disgaea 2.

Even after a 6 month hiatus, I can still wield my lance with skill :p

I imported my MHP3rd but I specifically installed a cfw on my psp just to install the language patch, which converts most of the game into English.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I imported my MHP3rd but I specifically installed a cfw on my psp just to install the language patch, which converts most of the game into English.

^^

I played through most quests in the village, and HR2 before patching it. Was hard... but learned what symbols went with what familiar item after writing them down on paper taking notes while I played, and having wiki sites & translation sites open (http://www.mhf3.com/ and http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHP3rd:_Item_List). Also used the visuals of the armor & weapons to reverse engineer what the stats & items required were. Was a pain... so ultimately I did the english patch on an older psp w/ my legit copy.

Won't be able to patch the PS3 version :) but will be cool to play it in HD!
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    nice to see some hunters here! thinking of importing the HD version to Sweden..

bought 3rd when I lived in Japan (also have 2nd), HR5 long sword (I believe it was, havent played in a while)

man, sitting around burger king in shibuya and joining peoples servers ... good times :D
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Ah there's a patch?! Awesome news.

Only thing is I'm not sure if I can put CFW on my current PSP. It's a 3000, and It's running OFW right now. I used to have CFW on my S&L but I got a 3000 earlier this year and haven't tried flashing it. I'll have to look into it, but it's good to know there's a patch.

In other news, I took MH Tri to my parents house earlier and had a quick go on their Wii (still waiting to get one for myself, the prices are a little volatile so waiting a week or so to see if it drops sub-£100).

Loved what I played, although I didn't want to get too far on someone elses console, I'd rather not do all the 1* missions again :)

Is there no Elder quests? All the quests seem to come from the guild desk, which is fine, but I made the mistake of going straight for the guild quests in MHFU but there doesn't appear to be any elder quest equivalent in Tri.
  • EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    damn! would be a nice contest, "Design and model a monster/armorset/weapon fitting for a next gen monster hunter game"
  • EiGHT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EiGHT polycounter lvl 10
    EVIL - ................................I would jump in that so fast!
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    There are teejay, however they split te two up in tri. The offline portion ends with caedeus (village) and from then is just an automated farm/mat gathering area (and point farming area). The real meat is in the city, where there are low and high rank quests. It works differently in tri tho - you level based on quest completion and points earned & completion of the key quests (more points with 0 deaths). Once you meet the Hr requirement the quest to unlock the next tier of hunts and Hr ranks become available. HR does not cap at 6 online, think it goes to 999.

After Hr 50 (maybe 40?) you get high rank quests.

So ya, there is only 1 quest desk in the village, but there is another set in the city/online portion.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Cheers Moose,

And with regards to online, can you jump in with randoms or do you need to have people friended? I don't think I know anyone else who plays MH!
  • EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    you get hr quest after 31, and you don't need to know anyone, just jump in and there are rooms that you can freely join, some are locked for low rank players through.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Awesome, thanks EVIL,

What about voice chat? I don't have a headset for the Wii, can you even get one? I guess chat isn't vital since the objective is kinda obvious, but I'm curious as to the usual etiquette online re voice chat.
  • EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    the voice chat is.. pretty wonky, but you can just hook up any usb keyboard and chat via that if you want.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Ya, keyboard is the way to go :)

If you are looking for games quick, use the board to the right of the city entrance, can search by level, creature, etc for available cities. The city browser is a little clunky. Can always just create one and wait too!
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Where's all this MH talk come from!? Continue, please.

53900b2e7be4eee7791ab3eb216b06f56724aa44%20%281%29.jpg
  • Minos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minos polycounter lvl 16
    Started playing this game today & I find it great.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    I pumped like 60 hours into this game when it first came out. It's really really great. Especially with a friend. I wish Capcom would make a new Monster Hunter but with current gen specs and graphics and on a better console than the Wii. The online connectivity got really weird at times.
  • NuZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Argh! I hate you guys. Necro the thread, have me pine to play, stares at work to do...you know what I'm thinking about.
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    Oh god... My psp is calling me again...

Anyone got word of the euro Pc version?
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    http://www.capcom.co.jp/tgs2011/title_mh3g.html

oh blah 3ds, whhyyyyy! don't want to buy another handheld :( And probably another title that has a slim chance of getting a non jpn release.
  • vivin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vivin polycounter lvl 11
    Just started playing MH 3rd thanks to this thread -__-; Its like the same game as the previous ones, yet I CANT STOP PLAYING!! I probably sink 40-60hours into each MH game, this stuff is like crack. Doesn't help when you have 2-3friends who are equally as hooked
  • Shadownami92
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shadownami92 polycounter lvl 7
    moose wrote: »
    http://www.capcom.co.jp/tgs2011/title_mh3g.html

oh blah 3ds, whhyyyyy! don't want to buy another handheld :( And probably another title that has a slim chance of getting a non jpn release.

Yeah for some reason I doubt it will make it to america, and the 3DS is region locked, so don't by an american 3ds if you plan to play imports.