Home General Discussion

rejecting self destructive input

Replies

• HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I can handle criticism, but I can't stand it when people tell me that i'm stupid for drawing, or stupid for drawing what I draw. THAT IMO, is ignorant and stupid.
  • bbob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the key to this lies in the title.

No input can ever be destructive unless you let it, it is mostly a question of attitude on the part of the reciever.

Plus, the scenario you posed with the maturity of the subject/motive is not even a critique of the work. What it is, is a pointless comment on your idea in it self, and not as to how you express or execute the idea in the practical form. Here beeing blunt and saying this following sentences is not at all rude or out of line: "I asked about your oppinion on this piece, not one you would rather have me do. Thanks, never the less, for voicing your oppinion."

Oh and as a side note. I would recommend taking NLP with a grain of salt, as there is not, nor will there ever be a formula for all human behavior. Every situation and person warrants different responses, and locking yourself in patterns and "rituals" if I may, will just make you look weird. (Especially using excessive mirroring, thats just plain unsettling.) But more importantly, looking for certain rythms or tells if you will, can make you miss other ones all together.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    i'd simply tell them how much i charge per painting and tell them i will start on their picture as soon as i receive payment