Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    I'ma buy it for the single player.
    ZOMG don't hurt me!
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

My fucking brain hurts from reading that.
  • Irreal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irreal polycounter lvl 10
    rooster wrote: »
    I'ma buy it for the single player.
    ZOMG don't hurt me!

I too am getting it just for the single player which looks to be even more awesome than the COD4s.

Regarding the multiplayer, there is a very slight chance that IW may just know what they are doing.

We'll find out soon enough.

(And BFBC2 looks great too).
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If anyone makes the argument about player stats and unlocks being a good reason for the IWnet bs, let me just say this: for the entire time my coworkers and I played LAN CoD4, they played with hacked profiles that were level 40 unlocks; I played with a level 1 character that, once reaching the cap (or even power leveling against them), I would immediately set back down to beginner. I utterly dominated them with this setup. Rank and unlocks is a feeble complaint if you don't have skill. ;)
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Couple that with the fact that a lot of the early weapons are in pro loadouts anyway. Hell, cod4 promode strips it to ironsight only and forces/removes certain perks and weapons.

One thing I wonder is... games developers - are they game players. And no offence is meant, but I dont think that highly of casual play, at least when it comes to some educated choices. I guess its similar to how Valve got in touch with top TF2 Clans and had them test out new upgrade ideas... I guess I am still naive when I dont understand how the system works.
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    My copy arrived today, really early. :)

Only problem is, it's linked to steam so it won't authenticate until the 10th. Too bad. :(
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Ark are you sure its the 10th? that would be good news because thats when im picking mine up, however, steam says availible 12th but we who dont buy it on steam can play it a bit early? (10th) i know you need to tie it to your steam account so im a bit worried about those 2 days. :P

I aggree with flaagan, unlocks doesnt make you a better player, if you are kicking peoples ass with a level 55 account you can kick their ass level 1. Hell I leveled up to 55 about 5 times, starting over once because people were complaining. I quite like the leveling up experience. :)
    and i play with all types of weapons and perks.
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    TheWinterLord, i just checked it does say 12th on the steam page.

I must have confused it with this page

Damn us euro's who have to wait longer. :(
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ****!!! -beeep- beep- beeeee eeep!
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    Ark wrote: »
    My copy arrived today, really early. :)

Only problem is, it's linked to steam so it won't authenticate until the 10th. Too bad. :(

Same, I'm guessing you bought it from coolshop.

I noticed they gave me the PEGI version, which says "Not for sale in the UK" on the back of the box.... erm.... "oops"?
    I wonder if its ok to activate from the uk or should I send it back....
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Yozora wrote: »
    Same, I'm guessing you bought it from coolshop.

I noticed they gave me the PEGI version, which says "Not for sale in the UK" on the back of the box.... erm.... "oops"?
    I wonder if its ok to activate from the uk or should I send it back....

Yeah i got it from coolshoop, mines the PEGI version too.
    I'll wait see if it works first before i think about returning it.

Other news: http://www.gametrailers.com/news/more-call-of-duty-in-2010/1538
    Wow, there really milking this franchise. They should take a que from Autodesk and start calling it Call of Duty 2010, 2011, etc.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I echo the 'this isn't really a bad thing' sentiment, I would always go for servers capped no more than 20 players, I was all about the team deathmatch on hardcore mode, and game with 32 players even on larger maps got ridiculous. So much grenade spam it was ridiculous. 18 player max is ideal for this game.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a question for those of you complaining about nade and tube spam, were you just going to random servers or to dedicated servers that you frequented? I never had that problem on the ones I frequented. I'm sure you're gonna experience it quite a bit with random servers set up.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Yeah I found that happened a lot on Killzone 2. Despite this, I'm not really bothered by the non-dedicated server/9v9 cap thing. I play games quite a bit and enjoy the simplicity of an online experience like the one found in Killzone. As long as I can play with friends, and there isn't crazy lag, I'm happy enough. Will have to live with the nade and noob toob spammers I guess. I do like a simpler experience when playing games, and I guess 'console-fying' the process achieves that. I'm primary buying MW2 for the single player, but will not be buying it until I find it for a price that isn't extortionate.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    flaagan wrote: »
    Just a question for those of you complaining about nade and tube spam, were you just going to random servers or to dedicated servers that you frequented? I never had that problem on the ones I frequented. I'm sure you're gonna experience it quite a bit with random servers set up.

I never found a server where nades were banned, I found a few ones I stuck to that had newb tubes banned. It's not just the nade spam, 32 people on most maps was a ridiculous ordeal 9 vs 9 is an ideal number of players for most of the maps imho.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I never heard about a server where nades were banned but i play on a friendly fire on server so people arent just throwing them everywhere random (like on some servers). grenades are essential for clearing out camping enemies and enemies with a better advantage point than you.

here is something i found funny:
    Modern Warfare 2 - Not balanced for lean

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUCU7SJVQao[/ame]

though i dont see it as a problem anyway its funny what people did with this.