Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Haz-Course Character: Dizzy (GuiltyGear)

Replies

• vikk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vikk0 polycounter lvl 6
    Aw god! This made my morning!!! The best result so far!! The animations are just icing on the cake!
    Great model, great presentation, gratz! :)
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    FLAWLESS VICTORY!
  • LoJack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoJack polycounter lvl 12
  • haikai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    Spectacular. So when can we sign up for your class, FB? :)
  • papagersi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    papagersi polycounter lvl 16
    i20120205042529.jpg
    s......sick!!

Funkky!! it's really cool! love it and thanks for sharing those tips
  • POFFINGTON
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    POFFINGTON polycounter lvl 11
    As always Funky B you nailed it, flawless beauty. I cant wait to see whats next for you :)
  • Funky Bunnies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Funky Bunnies polycounter lvl 17
    Hey guys! Thanks a ton!! :D

I forgot to say another thanks to Haz, Gir, YBourykina, and Mr Skullface for helping me push way further than I've ever been able to take a character before :)

EiGHT: haha thanks dude!
    Ravenslayer: thanks Raven, I was definitely getting tunnelvision so it's a relief you guys like it :)
    Kot_Leopold: thanks a bunch!
    TrevorJ: thanks man!
    Fnitrox: ahahah thanks dude, that's a helluva honor. But there's tons of dudes way awesomer than me on here :)
    Joseph: thanks buddy!
    Ged: hey thanks a ton, man!
    giles: thanks dood!
    Haz: thanks man, you and the rest of the peeps in the course really pushed us beyond our comfort zones and I'm excited to try and put all that knowledge to good use!

breakneck: Hey thanks Dusty!
    Ferg: hahah thanks Ted!
    nightFlarer: ahah thanks a ton, I'm glad you dig it :)
    Sukotto: thanks! the tri count is pretty cray for me, it shows on my wires but it's like 22k for dizzy, 7k for undine, and 6k for necro so ~35k
    Dylan: haha thanks broski!
    ablaine: thanks a bunch!
    MeintevdS: thanks dude!
    afisher: thanks man! :D
    TeriyakiStyle: thanks dude! ahahaha actually for once I really did sculpt it pretty volumous, but the hair and wings probably wouldn't hold up :(
    Synyster: thanks!
    Rion411: thanks dude!
    Guedin: ahaha I want your skills, so that's a helluva complement coming from you man!

GabrielP: thanks a ton, man!
    garriola83: thanks! the material setup is pretty straight forward, what would you like to see? I've got separate ones for eyes, hair, skin, body, undine, and necro
    Marshal: sick, thanks man!
    Dan!: thanks a bunch, dude :)
    $!nz: thanks, man!
    ceebee: thanks, Curt! I'm pumped to see you finish your dota2 guy!
    Pale-Face: thanks!
    disanki: thanks dude :)
    Renaud: hey thanks a bunch dude! always dig your work!
    KyleJensen: thanks man!
    Neox: thanks a bunch man!
    duncan: thanks dude!

crazyfool: thanks a ton, man. I got some diffuse shots here and my embarassing spec map here"] :poly136:
    jermaineb: thanks dude! haha animation really isn't my strongpoint, it was a lot of learning and reworking :poly122: but im glad you guys ended up diggign it :)
    Scythe: Manly tears indeed!!!
    Fingus: hahah thanks!
    free-willyPB: thanks, man!
    jramauri: thanks a ton, dude! ahah a banner would be one helluva dream
    Jigsaw: thanks man!

Pinuja: ahah thanks! Oh man, since I had realtime DOF I couldn't use Raven's awesome Viewport Grabber, so I just had to printscreen the viewport :( I don't think I can squeeze any more resolution out of it
    Spatz: Thanks a bunch dude! I'm really glad you dig it :]
    terry1337: hahah I know, I didn't wanna spam the page with images so it's just a text link that most people probably missed. And you're right, I had concerns about those swirls too. It looked so cool in my head T_T, but I have no idea how to make FX look cool so that's the best i could get without it being to obtrustive. Thanks for the input!
    gir: thanks man! Yeah, we finally get our matching superhero baby kangaroos!!
    haiddasalami: thanks dude! and yes, the blue wing is just a really simple blendshape, the other one is actually a duplicate wing that fades out over the full one
    adam: Hey thanks a ton, man! I'm super glad you dig it
    Gannon: thanks, dude!

Tairow: Thanks a bunch man! the spec map is actually really basic, so I think it's all the shader that does what you like haha. I'm sorta embarassed to show them but here's the spec compared to the diffuse. Thanks for the crit too! I totally agree about the hair, it's one of my big regrets with the piece. I want to try out some different stuff next time :D
    woogity: thanks, man!
    vikk0: thanks a bunch dude!
    ebagg: haha thanks!
    LoJack: ahahh thanks dude!
    Haikai: thanks a bunch, man! ahahaha maybe some day I'd be good enough for that. Whenever you do yours I'll sign up in a heartbeat ;)
    papagersi: hahah thanks a ton, Jun!
    POFFINGTON: thanks dude! I'm excited to do some more quick sculpts and jazz before hitting another full personal character!
  • nyx702
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is really cool. Glad to see you finish it. When you said the animation sucked I was preparing myself.... but that looks amazing man. I think someone else mentioned it but you just took boring ol' turntables to 11.
    It's frustratingly constricting to sculpt and model hair for me.

I am curious how so? The effect you have is pretty good I'd say. Maybe it's just the process but I feel like f-ing around with 1000 planes can be just as constricting and frustrating. And as you were experiencing, the alpha layering is a pain in the ass.
  • Funky Bunnies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Funky Bunnies polycounter lvl 17
    wow sorry for that text-wall but I wanted to respond to everyone :[

thanks a bunch Nick!

hmm I guess I haven't tried the strips method enough to know if it's really any better than sculpting it all, but when I'm sculpting it's easy for me to forget about making cool shapes and stuff cuz i'm just worrying about sculpting in that bindpose - or what I imagine would look cool in other poses. Then if I decide those shapes don't actually work later I have to remove them anyway. It seems so straight forward to paint that type of stuff on extra planes that let you push the dynamism however you want.

I'll have to try using more strips next time and see how it really compares, but I found I was fighting with my sculpt vs freely trying to make the coolest looking hair I could.
    and ahaha yeah, alpha sorting would be a much bigger pain if I did use more strips. I think at that point I'd probably have to use alpha to coverage
  • LuCh!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LuCh! polycounter lvl 5
    wow, beautiful work!
    animation is awesome!
  • Intervain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Intervain polycounter lvl 13
    HOLY F!! that koala says it all! Amazing finish and I don't used that word often lol:poly142:
  • Fred2303
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fred2303 polycounter lvl 7
    HOLY CRAP!!!
    :poly124:
  • Callesw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wooooow that's so crazy. I saw it and thought it couldn't get any better.
    Then you post that animation-turntable thingy! It's tooooo awesome!
  • raul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    raul polycounter lvl 11
    Let me be the 1500th person to tell you rock! And thanks for sharing your work! Always inspiring! :)
  • Cordell Felix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cordell Felix polycounter lvl 9
    beautiful work man!
  • AlanSMitchell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlanSMitchell polycounter lvl 14
    WOW YOU REALLY NAILED IT! perfection!
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    damn buddy, your zbrushing skills/workflows were already mad impressive, how we people have to catch up to all this. way to set the bar!
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    God... I was thinking it would just be the single character at first, but when I saw that all come together in the youtube vid, I was blown away. Totally epic character dude, great job!!!
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Extremely inspiring! Thanks a million for the super walkthroughs :)
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
    I wasn't watching the thread that close, but wow...just amazing.
  • MikeMS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeMS polycounter lvl 3
    Oh gods! She`s amazing!!!