Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IchII3D polycounter lvl 12
    That's really cool, great work!
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    This is really nice, I really hope one of these goes big.
  • joevansickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joevansickle polycounter lvl 9
    ty ty ty tytyytttytyytyt

@ae.: Pm'ed ya...

Un-listing is done. I lied, spec/alpha maps are next.

9.png
  • Danielmn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Danielmn polycounter lvl 13
    really nice program work great in my browser
  • Andrew Mackie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello hello.
    I have a standard US keyboard. I'll try it again and see if it is still acting up.
    Also, just a suggestion, have their be boundaries so when moving the UVs you can't move them off the screen. This is pure preference though. Great stuff and I can't wait for multimapping :D
  • joevansickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stunning deduction Andrew! Dat's in t'har now.
  • Andrew Mackie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also, just noticed that when I'm on my Android phone the program only runs the front page (the Upload or Browse page) and after clicking the Browse button the screen turns grey and nothing loads. I only mention this because I would love to have this running on my phone to show people :b
  • joevansickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Andrew Mackie: Yyyeaahhhh.. not sure it's going to be able to work on the android I'll look into that though...

Spec and alpha maps gentlemen!

10.png

Never done spec maps before sooo.. I'm eager to see if I did them right :).
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    yay! We should really have this auto embedd into these forums, thatd be cool :)
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
  • Azkur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    hi again i didn't change the port but i tried at home and it works great and the features are really good
  • joevansickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys.

@frell: I'm willing and able to make that happen on my end...

I've invested in getting rid of the shit your pants warning, it's now been changed to this:
    11.png
  • WEe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WEe
    I'm not sure if I did the spec/nrm maps right or are they not yet supported?
    link.png
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Awesome work mate, much love.

Question: To what is the Normal Map currently Synched up? To which baker I mean.

Also, for those of us who want to display the model in quads, I was wondering if you could give an option to show (as a multiply) the Alpha of the textures. So this means, I can render out the UV charts of my model, paste them into my Alpha channel and people can see this as an overlay so they can see my Quads.

Naturally, you know best, and maybe this is a very silly idea.
  • joevansickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @WEe: Normal maps and spec maps should be functioning correctly in the tool, do you see "[shaders disabled]" in the bottom left portion of the screen by chance? If so you've got OpenGL 2.0 installed and a newer version of OpenGL is required for normal, spec and, alpha maps...
    EDIT1: wait your model don't look right I'll look into it...
    EDIT2: model is fine the spec map just makes the spec hard to see - i'll and in the option to change the shininess of the light in the next update...

@Ace-Angel: Thanks, not quite sure what you're asking - it may be due to my lack of 3d rendering knowledge when it comes to normal maps... Perhaps this may awnser your question: I used this for testing :poly122:...
    12.png
    I'll look into rendering quad UV maps here soon.

Working on speed optimization now; friends...
    Question: How do you guys keep managing to upload things with no thumbnails? Do you see a thumbnail preview on step four of the upload process? Does it crash after uploading? :poly141:
  • WEe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WEe
    Alrighty, thanks :3 Hmm, I think It may have actually crashed after that. But I think I was able to view the model afterwards in the list, though the thumbnail was missing.
  • joevansickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Worked on speeding things up, fixed several bugs, added in a few minor improvements...

ptail59.png

I'm going to do downloading textures independently (so you don't have to stare at a loading screen so long) along with a spec value when you upload; tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks for the support so far guys.
  • WEe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WEe
    Coo'. :3 Waiting eagarly.
  • joevansickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More progress...
    -Fixed spec (I hope)
    -Downloading textures in the background

The new texture downloading feature is great for large models like the one below:
    ptail34.png

Pm me if thumbnails don't for you; and you are willing to help get them working.

Multiple textures are next.
  • WEe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WEe
    For some reason, the thumbnails for my models aren't still working. Great thing fixing the spec though :3
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Might seem like a crazy request, but... Any chance of a FPS cap on this? I'm pulling 2000+ frames, and my GPU LOVES to make a lovely noise. I get the same thing in a few games UI's, Crysis and movies do the same.

So far, so great. Love it (Y) Be nice if you could some how embed that into a window?
  • joevansickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @WEe: No problem! Pm'ed ya, I'll try to get the issue you're describing fixed.

@odium: I have OpenGL vysnc enabled but it sometimes doesn't work on certain computers. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I'll get a work around going. You can embed: one of the share links is code to embed it into html pages. I have plans to improve embedding. Here's an example.
  • Mr_Drayton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr_Drayton polycounter lvl 14
    Great tool indeed, works quite well for me. It would be the perfect integration for Polycount. :D

Alongside for the FPS cap thingie, I have an issue with the zoom (with mouse wheel): the model gets either insanely near or insanely far, and there's no chance to bring it back to the middle of the screen (except by reloading the model, or loading another one).

EDIT: okay, I registered my account on Vec3, but looks like the Upload screen doesn't work for me, with Safari. Whenever I drag an OBJ file on it, nothing happens.
    Using Stainless, instead, makes the screen "Click window to regain focus" appear at the Login screen, but it doesn't work, it stucks there.
  • joevansickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Mr_Drayton: ty - Sounds like all the issues you are experiencing steam from using OSX, I've never tested the tool on that platform. I will try to get a virtual machine going with OSX. I will get back to you when that happens :poly142:... Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
    Nice progress. Set up my account tonight. It's getting me excited to go and finish some stuff in the hardrive collecting dust. When you get to the sharing/downloading .obj thing, I would think you would just give the author a checkbook to click if they want to share the piece. Some really great work on there.

Another thing that just came to mind is a gallery option for nesting specific artists models, that way the viewer can look at other pieces of that persons work.
  • Mr_Drayton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr_Drayton polycounter lvl 14
    @Mr_Drayton: ty - Sounds like all the issues you are experiencing steam from using OSX, I've never tested the tool on that platform. I will try to get a virtual machine going with OSX. I will get back to you when that happens :poly142:... Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
    Haha, good!
    I also noticed that zoom doesn't work at all with keyboard shortcuts. But I should try it with Chrome...
  • Andrew Mackie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello again :]
    Noticed that all the texture sizes are displaying at 16X16:
    YfHs8.png
    Also the models are able to be pushed of the screen just like the textures used to be. Just thought I'd let you know.
  • joevansickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A few updates:
    -Fps cap should work for everyone now..
    -Texture size now correctly displayed
    -Browse by user
    -A few misc bugs fixed

Still need some help to fix thumbnails (for everyone), and still working on some issues with OSX...

@katana: Excellent! I used your suggestion, thanks for that! Didn't quite catch on to what you were saying about sharing though... Did you mean put an option for un-listing on the last page of the upload process (instead of under config)?

@Andrew Mackie: Ahh! Good eye, fixed now! The models are intentionally able to be pushed off the screen...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] polycounter lvl 9
    are you working on getting models with more then one uv set to show up correctly?
  • joevansickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, I've just been busy with other things as of late. I will probably have that feature in by the end of Friday...
    EDIT1: Make that Saturday (17th)!
  • joevansickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Large update this time.

Gentlemen...
    We now have multiple texture support.

13.png

ptail77.png ptail78.png

Also:
    -Fullscreen! (F10)
    -New cursors and icons
    -Error reports
    -Replaced err thumbnails
    -Misc tweaks

Beta is fast approaching.
    Only one major feature left (greatly improve embedding)... Can any of you think of a major feature that you would like to see added? I'm going to make sure it runs well on mac/linux now.

Upload your shiny models for sharing today!
  • joevansickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steady progress is being made on getting things to be more stable. I leaned that I can't test anything within a virtual machine, which sucks. I also moved the server two days ago, so there was some down time then. All the links/pictures still work yes?
  • TheWildHunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would love an android app for this!
  • T.Bull
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    T.Bull polycounter lvl 13
    What about
    - Glow/Self Illumination Maps
    - Post Processing Stuff (like Bloom, DOF, etc.)
    - Unlit Mode and Unfiltered Textures for the Low-Poly stuff
  • ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Damn, I wish there was a way to embed one model into a thread.
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Very cool tool.

I think being able to drag across the user name, and use tab key would be nice on the log in.

I tried to embed my model here
    http://forum.lowpolyworkshop.com/topic/9311219/1/?x=0#post8154051

But I just get the links text on the post. The only link I got to work was copy/pasting the address from the bar.

Also, My model doesn't have a thumbnail.

I couldn't get the browse by user to really work. Does it only browse the models by the author of the model currently selected from new models?

I also agree that having a checkmark to share or not would be great. I'm not really wanting to share my model but would be nice to be able to show it off in the tool.
  • joevansickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @TheWildHunt: I will look into that!

@T.Bull: Great suggestions. All Noted, those will go in sometime in the future.
    Glow, bloom, shadows, and unfiltered textures for sure.

@ZacD: On some forums that offer the media tag you can. In order to enable embedding here on polycount I'd have to talk to someone that manages the forum. Can't imagine that It'd be that hard to get going, I need more users though I would think (for it to be worth their time)... It's going to have an embedded mode too (with a lot less clutter (and only browse by author))

@Baddcog: Thanks, and thanks for trying it. Tab navigation is going to be added in the future. The links (under share) sometimes don't work right for certain forums; the links are optimized for polycount. The first link should, always work though. The last link (Embed) is only for html pages (and certain forums)... Thumbnails don't work for certain people; I've been trying to fix this for a while now but no one is willing/able to help :poly127:. Browse by author works off of the currently selected model's author, if they only have one uploaded model it will repeat in the list right now. You can unlist models by using the unlist button under config; I'm going to make that more visible.
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    haha, well thanks for fixing those links.
  • paradise.engineering
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    paradise.engineering polycounter lvl 11
    wow, that's one hot app. I will advertise it on Lowpoly Workshop.
  • Jalcober
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jalcober polycounter lvl 10
    I was using this program yesterday and it was working fine but when I used it today it crashed my browser several times. I even tried restarting my computer but it didn't seem to help, anyone have a solution?
  • joevansickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The server might have been down.. try it now?
  • Jalcober
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jalcober polycounter lvl 10
    Im getting an error every time I try to load one of my recent models.
    All of my other models seem to work fine.
  • joevansickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    link.png

Fixed! Thank you, thank you, thank you for reporting the issue. I intend to start updating this project again here in a few weeks. I've been busy with work and school as of late. So expect the ability to add comments here soon and the ability to see how many ratings you've received.

The project is receiving more traffic as well! 128 uploaded models and 89 accounts so far :).
  • choco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    choco polycounter lvl 10
    This is very promising ! I tried it out and worked like a charm !
    Can't wait to see a forums implementation.
  • Scorpyx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scorpyx polycounter lvl 12
    So Awesome - I added Vec3 to my fav tools
    Thanks joevansickle! - you make excellent job

- I try upload model in chrome (19.0.1061.1 dev-m) - Everything is fine

- I hope to see in future 'filter box' (input text) for search by name\tags\users\(data?)
    - [Wireframe] Wire too thin for me URL="http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/4813/cf8c02ca160c4eeebbfe8db.png"]screenshot[/URL i think need some fatter.. (but not necessarily)
    - I check 'unlist' my test model and not save link - then i just lose model :]
    maybe have some easy way to see list models uploaded by me? (maybe filter button 'by account name' for browser)
    - and.. maybe make several viewing modes for browser (for example 'text list' without preview images)
  • floon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    floon greentooth
    Hey I really love your tool!, but latetly I get and error saying "Client version incorrect" (in both firefox and chrome), right after the loadingscreen.
    Is there any chance to see it running again?
  • Mischievous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mischievous polycounter lvl 6
    Uh, Floon's not the only one, tried it too, I get a "Client Version Incorrect" error too :C
    But I like your idea, this will be definitely useful :D