So, following up from the Brawl competition, I thought about working on a re-imagined Luigi after some people brought it up. I ended up with this concept:
His jealousy of Mario and his success turned him to a life of alcohol and drugs, where he developed heavy mental damage and severe paranoia causing him to believe that ghosts are attacking him. He fights them off with his trusty Henry Hoover.
I figure making a W.I.P thread will force me to actually push forward with this and show progress....sooo.....progress on the model soon!
I'm so psyched to see this happen.
*sets concept as wallpaper*
Hillarious concept, can't wait to see how it turns out
I bet if Nintendo went with this art direction, the franchise would take off again
Look forward to seeing more of this, your Mario was awesome.
But I just wanted to say, I'd like to see his nose a bit bigger/more prominent than it is right now in the concept - as well as perhaps a slightly longer face as a whole. I think if you kept it exactly as it was right now, it may be more difficult than you'd want it to be to recognize as Luigi.
And uh, with that - *ahem*
Looking forward to updates!
Haven't had a great deal of time to work on this so I haven't made a great deal of progress, but here's a shot of the very very very early base:
Just getting the general style and scale in there, more soon!
Keep rocking though!
Looks like a great start...
Thin the legs a bit though.
p.s. you're such a show-off
Loved the Mario you did for Brawl
Haven't had a great deal of time to work on this and I was pretty lazy over the weekend. Got the rest of the base stuff done and now into zbrush ready to go. Did a bit with the face and just a quick paint-over to get the mood.
Will still change around some proportions, and make the mouth/teeth larger and pushed forward, among other things. Don't really wanna bring in the shoulders more else it looks kind of weird.
The neck also appears much longer from the side, so i'll probably make the head a bit narrower.
Yeah for the most part it's best to avoid them anywhere or hide them in less important areas. In the mesh I made it was just so I could manage it easier. It all gets cleaned up beforehand (speaking of which, the glove base needs to be updated)
As for the time spent It depends on complexity, this for instance isn't that hard (I'm just slightly lazy) and most of the subtools are just pulled from the shape of the body... (gloves, shirt, overalls etc)
Wouldn't worry about time spent tbh.
Should be able to get some actual work done to it tomorrow.