Home General Discussion

Forza Motorsport 4

Replies

• flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Another quick note, found the Greentooth decal and carried it over. If anyone wants it, no requirement to be in the club, just let me know.
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I got Forza. I honestly wasn't planning on it... because I have so much school work. I last 7 hours.

Anyway my gt is Deluxe Walrus if anyone wants to race this weekend.

On another note, got this game for free after trading in 3 games at bestbuy. I got +50% trade in value for putting $5 down on a game. All three game were at least a year old. Also note that gamestop didn't even have the game in stock. I'm never going there again.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Talbot wrote: »
    On another note, got this game for free after trading in 3 games at bestbuy. I got +50% trade in value for putting $5 down on a game. All three game were at least a year old. Also note that gamestop didn't even have the game in stock. I'm never going there again.

Funny, I was hearing that Best Buy (at least around here) was pissing people off people they took a bucketload of preorders and ended up not having the stock to fill them.
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    I want this game desperately, but I'm holding off until I can buy a decent steering wheel, rather than that wireless joke of a wheel microsoft just brought out :/
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone else just have an impossible time selling off cars? Not saying it's difficult to do, just difficult to bring yourself to do.. :)
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would like to know who decided to put a Prius in there... and not some classic Morgans... Really, that's shameful...

----

No C4 Corvette ZR-1 is a little surprising, seeing as they can outrun the C5 Z06. Also, only having the C5 Z06 is a little irksome, would have liked to have a sweeping-roof C5 (and one without the brake cooling scoops). I'm also a little surprised the Ascari A10 isn't available.
  • commador
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    commador polycounter lvl 14
    I spent the better part of four hours racing around the Top Gear test track with a friend spouting off Stig one liners with my best Clarkson impersonation. I think its fair to say, Forza 4 could be the best racing game....in the world.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    commador wrote: »
    I spent the better part of four hours racing around the Top Gear test track with a friend spouting off Stig one liners with my best Clarkson impersonation. I think its fair to say, Forza 4 could be the best racing game....in the world.

Which reminds me, Clarkson's got a new DVD coming out soon... :poly124:
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gotta say, the feeling of speed and handling the higher end cars give is quite a thrill.

Also gotta say that the AI slamming to a dead stop at sharp corners is rather irritating..
  • mLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^ I just smash off the AI around corners to get ahead/knock them back.
  • mdeforge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mdeforge polycounter lvl 14
    mLichy wrote: »

LOL, same. I remember playing the Forza 3 and getting so far ahead that I would turn around and run into them at full speed trying to knock them off a cliff. It never worked. I know Forza isn't meant to be a sandbox game, but it would have made it so much more fun ;D
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mLichy wrote: »

I try to predict when they're going to brake and swerve around them... sometimes it works, sometimes I get an up close view of someone's bumper.
  • GarageBay9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GarageBay9 polycounter lvl 13
    Stradigos wrote: »
    LOL, same. I remember playing the Forza 3 and getting so far ahead that I would turn around and run into them at full speed trying to knock them off a cliff. It never worked. I know Forza isn't meant to be a sandbox game, but it would have made it so much more fun ;D

During polishing and bugfix, there was one issue with the rumble strips in a spot on one of the tracks being waaaay too high - on the outside edge they were something like two and a half or three feet high, making them basically a ramp.

Before I fixed it, I must have spent a good 20 minutes trying to see if I could get enough of a running start to hit it at the right angle with enough speed to clear the collision walls. :)
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The game really could use a 'best buy for the buck' car buying feature. I think one of the biggest problems I have when having to buy a car for a specific race type is browsing the car list. A filter feature (awd / fwd / rwd, class, year range, etc) would be useful. I know there's the grid view and whatnot, but when you want to see a filtered list of all the available cars, it would come in handy; doesn't have to be a minutely detailed setup, just general features that apply to most races.
  • bluekangaroo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bluekangaroo polycounter lvl 13
    just got the game and my first impressions so far are very positive! the gang at turn 10 should feel proud, I think you guys hit this one out of the park. the car selection is awesome and you've also produced the game to have made me finally get a 360. XD
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm... need to make a PCRC tag to go along with Greentooth... don't forget about the club, folks!
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just went through all of the autovista.. gotta say I'm kinda disappointed the Warthog wasn't narrated in this format...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoYczqsLVfo"]Forza Motorsport 4 Halo Warthog Jeremy Clarkson - YouTube[/ame]
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    played 5 or 6 multiplayer races. i was too slow to finish any of them but damn were they fun. I havent run into any douchenozzles who just ram people on purpose yet, they all seem good about it. for now...
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Join up to the PC club, guys, I'd love to pop on in the evenings and race a few of you. :)
  • IchII3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IchII3D polycounter lvl 12
    Ohhh, there is a Polycount Club? Wanna throw me an invite please? My gamertag is 'ichii3d' :D
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IchII3D wrote: »
    Ohhh, there is a Polycount Club? Wanna throw me an invite please? My gamertag is 'ichii3d' :D

Yup, search for the PCRC tag or just "Polycount". I may be on later tonight but go ahead and send the request if you're on already. :thumbup:
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zer0Pr0bability

sent request to the PC club
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok.. was gonna rant, but I want to ask this first of everyone else:

Outside of the higher-revving higher-end cars, does the exhaust sound good at all? One of my continuing gripes with the Forza series has been the exhaust notes and engine revving just being a droning noise. Is it just my setup or am I not the only one that feels this way?

Oh, yeah, and holy body roll batman, those trucks lean in the corners! :poly142:
  • mdeforge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mdeforge polycounter lvl 14
    Picked it up over the weekend. Haven't done any season or online multiplayer stuff with it yet, but my friend and I played multiplayer together and had a riot.

We took a turn too sharp and ended up backwards, so instead of finishing the race, we said fuck it and took the course in reverse smashing into the AI cars and seeing if we could flip them.

The epic moment of the night was when we were on the indie oval track in S class cars and I had the AI car pinned against the wall in a "I hold em', you punch em'" setup on turn 2. My friend hit something and managed to flip his car 90 degrees so he rode, and stuck to, the wall as he barreled towards us. I tried getting out of the way in time so the AI was the only one to get hit, but I was too busy screaming like a wild banshee and laughing to do so. We both got creamed and, being at that angle, he managed to do a cart wheel in his car and get some good air time. Best fucking night ever :D
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    flaagan wrote: »
    Is it just my setup or am I not the only one that feels this way?

I've found the sounds to be pretty realistic... although obviously I haven't owned a lot of the cars with which to compare :)

I did used to drive a Honda with the B16 VTec engine though, where the high lift cams kick in at about 4500rpm and the engine/exhaust have a noticeable roar to them. Forza seems to have implemented this, if you hover around the 5k rpm mark, it sounds almost identical to how my Honda used to.

However, a lot of the low to mid range cars do indeed just sound a bit 'droney' I agree. The only game I've ever heard really nail sounds in my opinion is the NFS Shift series, and they're not necessarily realistic, just pleasingly offensive.

Loving the game, despite being a massive GT fan since the first one on PSX, I think I'm comfortable with saying Forza 4 is my favourite racing game ever.

The mountain chase through traffic on Fujimi Kaido was incredible, really enjoyable and a nice little inclusion!
  • Gusti
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    o0 Gaz Pedal 0o

sent in a club request :P
  • Sandbag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sandbag polycounter lvl 18
    caved and got it the other day. Love the new more generous approach to XP/Affinity and Credits the game has taken. Love the higher quality interiors and better lighting, infinitely disappointed that the 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 and/or 2012 Mustang BOSS 302 isn't included :(
  • IchII3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IchII3D polycounter lvl 12
    Awesome, thanks for the invite. We are in the top 5% for circuit leader boards! Oh and a shared some of my hard earned super cars as well, enjoy!
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gusti wrote: »
    o0 Gaz Pedal 0o

sent in a club request :P

Cool, I'll take a look when I get home. :thumbup:
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    Sandbag wrote: »
    caved and got it the other day. Love the new more generous approach to XP/Affinity and Credits the game has taken. Love the higher quality interiors and better lighting, infinitely disappointed that the 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 and/or 2012 Mustang BOSS 302 isn't included :(

Ya I noticed this to. Also its a shame Porsche has that exclusivity agreement with EA, I loved the GT3.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax wrote: »
    Ya I noticed this to. Also its a shame Porsche has that exclusivity agreement with EA, I loved the GT3.

There's a number of modern and classic Porsches (550 anyone?) that I'd love to see in Forza, so yah, it's pretty shite on EA and Porsche's parts. Surprised MS didn't put the squeeze on EA since Forza's a big Xbox product.
  • Gusti
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thankies! First thing I did was to share a car to the club garage
    .. the S class TVR Sagaris.. Or as I call it... Murdermobile

And to make it even more silly, I´ve taken to setting times in all the S class Fujy P2P events with it.. muhahahaha :poly142:

I swear it tries to kill me even if i just tickle the throttle... but its FUN!
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is there some way to keep the ghost car in rival mode transparent? It's extremely distracting trying to focus on the autocross goals when the opponent's car keeps going in and out of visibility right in front of me.
  • Gusti
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah this is the one big thing that sometimes sends me into nerd-rage :P
    The ghosts need to be monotone like in F1 and F2, and much much much more transparent :P

Hell I would kill for an option just to have a little circle move around on the road instead of a car! Cant count how many times I have plowed into traffic during those overtaking time trials when a traffic car has popped through a ghost car :(
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh yeah, so what's everyone's time so far in the Reasonably Priced Car, and which star are you just below on the official track times? I'm currently just a hair slower than Jeff Goldblum, and only cause I screwed up the entry to the hammerhead and bled off too much speed. :)
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • XenoKratios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XenoKratios polycounter lvl 12
    WOW

I'm just, it's not even, I don't
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WOW

I'm just, it's not even, I don't

That's not even the "high res" one I made, which is about 8mb... Turn 10 / MS must be paying a fortune in bandwidth.

Kinda wish I could've carried over my decal kit for that car from a previous forza (think it was 3), had all kinds of neat striping and whatnot on it that I don't feel like redoing.
  • commador
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    commador polycounter lvl 14
    TeeJay wrote: »
    I've found the sounds to be pretty realistic... although obviously I haven't owned a lot of the cars with which to compare :)

I did used to drive a Honda with the B16 VTec engine though, where the high lift cams kick in at about 4500rpm and the engine/exhaust have a noticeable roar to them. Forza seems to have implemented this, if you hover around the 5k rpm mark, it sounds almost identical to how my Honda used to.

The mountain chase through traffic on Fujimi Kaido was incredible, really enjoyable and a nice little inclusion!

Touge battles are amazingly fun, especially if you have seen any of the Best Motoring videos. As for sound, I think all the Hondas sound pretty spot on. I too have a b16 powered civic; In fact, its my gamertag - b16eg8. (I made it when I was in highschool...)
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nice. im still tuning my e30 m3. cant decide if i should go with the jagermeister orange or white with the M colors.

GetPhoto.ashx?id=1179087&full=true
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    anybody figure out how to turn off voice? I'm sick of fuckheads constantly interrupting my audio stream.

man. its 2:30AM, and im so filled with seething rage. every race ive been in for the past 2 hours has had at least a couple of people who go about purposefully ramming people off the road. its ridiculous.

T10 really needs to get a system in place to red flag these people so eventually they get temporary bans or something. I can Rep them through xbox live but that just means i avoid them, and eventually that will keep me from joining otherwise good lobbies.

ugh, so fucking raged, i had to fight the urge to slap my controller through my monitor.
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Had some awesome multiplayer races tonight. Took it slow, and avoided all the clusterfuck collisions and managed to get 5th and 6th a few times (pretty good for a noob).

Finally happy with my e30 tune. It has some very mild oversteer thats easily correctable and useable in long sweeping turns if you have good throttle control. slapped some orange on it and called it a day.

And i added it to the polycount garage! tell me what you think.

GetPhoto.ashx?id=1340943&full=true
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Since Arkham City just came out I'll be getting my beat-em-up & free roaming fix from that, but if any of you see me on Live and want to race, send me an invite. If I'm not in the middle of something with Batman I'll switch over.
  • flaagan
  • Sandbag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sandbag polycounter lvl 18
    D: still no Mustang 5.0 or BOSS 302

Someone there not a fan? I can have like 5 different mustangs from 1965 to 1980, but no iconic 03/04 Cobra (only mustang with IRS?) and no track murdering 5.0/2012 BOSS.

Just dont get it. Here's hoping for car pack #2...
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, there's a number of cars I don't see there (see previous posts I've made). I think instead of pissing away time on things like a Prius, Tesla, or pickup trucks / suv's, they could've better spent their dev time on a wider range of cars (especially the rare, more eclectic ones).
  • flaagan